The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 04:57 AM
Majesty

The Daily Mail doesn't have photos yet of Harry and Meghan. That's the big one that they are really waiting for. Then they can write their headlines. Until then all the tabloids are scratching around like hens in a farmyard.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:43 AM
Majesty

It has been widely reported that Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle is favourite to play Rebekah Vardy in an upcoming rags to riches movie about the life of football star Jamie. Appearing on Monday's Good Morning Britain, the mother-of-four shared her delight over the surprising possibility.

Rebekah Vardy shares delight over Meghan Markle playing her in husband Jamie's movie

Old 12-05-2016, 06:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
In case you didn't know what she's up to yesterday. Same headline writer for Pippa

Meghan Markle struggles to hide her smile while carrying a fresh bouquet | Daily Mail Online

Thank goodness for the mail informing me that it's flowers she's carrying not like her shopping trip when people got upset because all they could see was toilet paper.
Where would we be without the daily mail and it's update about " what's Meghan got today ". Another couple of months of this plus a bit of instra in jokes and goodness we might look to Trump for light relief
Call me when she's flashing the ring

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-05-2016, 06:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The biggest mistake that Meghan could ever make is changing who she is because of who she is dating. I've already seen the change in how she is perceived just in a recent post. "Prince Harry's girlfriend, Meghan Markle....".
I seriously doubt that she's up for a role in a movie just because she's dating Harry.

Like a lot of celebrities and high profile people, Meghan probably has social media sites that are public but also has a private account also. She probably uses the public one to post to people that follow her and the private one to talk to her friends. Harry included.

I know Facebook pages can be public or private and Twitter doesn't seem to be private at all and know nothing really about Instagram. I agree with the statement that social media is the new normal and its not going away anytime soon.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:35 AM
Majesty

Oh, no-one takes any notice of the DM. Except for its photographs it's just a ridiculous newspaper.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

She can have a private Instagram account and most likely does as well as her fan based one

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-05-2016, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Twitter allows you to protect your tweets so only the people you allow can see them. So you can definitely still be online via social media but with tighter private settings so everyone can't see everything.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:58 AM
Majesty

While I think that it would be better of Meghan protected her social media for any good reason, I see why (even if I don't agree) she is not taking any measure: she is an actress, and not in the same "private person" mode Chelsy or Cressida were, more or less.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:54 AM
Aristocracy

What people have to understand is that Meghan is an actress, is acting in a TV series, has fans and thousands of followers. Why should she close her social networks? And she is not posting anything about the relationship, people who are guessing things, even the bananas I didn't find anything too much.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
While I think that it would be better of Meghan protected her social media for any good reason, I see why (even if I don't agree) she is not taking any measure: she is an actress, and not in the same "private person" mode Chelsy or Cressida were, more or less.
The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to think that the social media pages that the public can access is where she'll just post general information, photos and nothing indicative of her private life (well... other than those bananas I heard about). She most likely does have other accounts that has very secure privacy settings and most likely under a pseudonym.

As has been stated before, she's been running these social media accounts and her blog long before she even met Harry and there's really no need to change what she has been doing. All public pages are subject to idiots, flamers and trolls. Hers just attracts more basically because she is an actress in a relatively successful TV series who is dating a man that has been deemed the "most eligible bachelor in the world" by some accounts.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to think that the social media pages that the public can access is where she'll just post general information, photos and nothing indicative of her private life (well... other than those bananas I heard about). She most likely does have other accounts that has very secure privacy settings and most likely under a pseudonym.

As has been stated before, she's been running these social media accounts and her blog long before she even met Harry and there's really no need to change what she has been doing. All public pages are subject to idiots, flamers and trolls. Hers just attracts more basically because she is an actress in a relatively successful TV series who is dating a man that has been deemed the "most eligible bachelor in the world" by some accounts.

Yes I agree. I think it would be hard for her to avoid being the center of attention as it is unevitable for many reasons. She is the novelty, she has a "interesting" past (at least for the media), and she is famous. That is not something that can be dismissed.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

I looked at some of her videos, including an old cooking segment she did on the Today Show, and I just think this young lady is the total package. She can act, has fashion, she can cook, she's an humanitarian and seems like a very down to earth gal. I just hope people try not to reduce her down to an attention seeking social climber. Using and abusing her royal boyfriend and connection to further her own career.

This was done to the young Kate Middleton back in the day.

For some reason people try to break royal girlfriends down to size and put them in the crap box. It's usually other women that's doing this too.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-05-2016, 08:28 PM
Nobility

Changing the subject a little here.....

Has Harry met Meghan's mother yet? Last I read, Harry was planning a trip to met them. Does anyone know of any updates on this?

If this relationship is headed towards marriage then Harry needs to speak to her father and her mother!

If he has not met them, why not?
Old 12-05-2016, 08:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

I sincerely hope that if/when Harry meets Meghan's family (if ever), the press and the public never find out about it. Some things are best left private and IMO this is one of them.

We have had reports that Meghan has met some of Harry's family but that's only been rumors and nothing concrete. Neither Harry or Meghan are talking about their relationship and to be honest, we have no real clue that this relationship is headed anywhere near an altar in the near future.

Until there is an official engagement announcement which signals that they're ready to take on the world as a team, I think this relationship will be under the radar as much as possible. Personally, I think Harry is the type to have a total blast playing cat and mouse games with the media.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:51 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4003952/Lovestruck-Prince-Harry-takes-1-700-mile-diversion-Meghan-Markle.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
Old 12-05-2016, 09:53 PM
Aristocracy

Sorry,Not sure if I did that right...Usually Dailymail writes such crap but by their tone and them waiting for this new scoop I actually believe it.His whole tour has been filler articles on Meghan and I knew as soon as they heard something they would post it.Especially so early in the morning.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Serene Highness

Yeah, I believe it too. It's easy to check too, I guess. He was or wasn't on the flght back to London. I'm guessing tabs are working the hardest to get any scoop, some are camped at certain airports.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

I kind of have mixed feelings on this story. Its very possible that Harry could have bought himself a flight to Toronto and then caught a flight to London on the next day. He has the means to be able to afford to do this very easily.

What makes me wonder though is that if the media is keeping such close tabs on Meghan's whereabouts over the weekend, they would have been hiding in the shadow like hungry coyotes to catch Harry in the act of going into or out of her apartment or wherever Meghan happened to be in Toronto at the time.

If Harry did go to Toronto and then flew to London and the media didn't catch either one of them together or Harry actually in Toronto, this couple is much, much better at the cat and mouse game than I thought.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.10 View Post
What people have to understand is that Meghan is an actress, is acting in a TV series, has fans and thousands of followers. Why should she close her social networks? And she is not posting anything about the relationship, people who are guessing things, even the bananas I didn't find anything too much.
THIS!! social media is now a requirement for actors now. It's an easy way to create and cultivate an audience for television shows. Heck even Anthony Hopkins has twitter to promote Westworld.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I kind of have mixed feelings on this story. Its very possible that Harry could have bought himself a flight to Toronto and then caught a flight to London on the next day. He has the means to be able to afford to do this very easily.

What makes me wonder though is that if the media is keeping such close tabs on Meghan's whereabouts over the weekend, they would have been hiding in the shadow like hungry coyotes to catch Harry in the act of going into or out of her apartment or wherever Meghan happened to be in Toronto at the time.

If Harry did go to Toronto and then flew to London and the media didn't catch either one of them together or Harry actually in Toronto, this couple is much, much better at the cat and mouse game than I thought.
Wouldn't be the first time they did the ole bait and switch, like when they said he canceled his tickets but was in Toronto. they told the media he would go straight to London, then the media was left behind....perhaps he decided to make a change of plans??
Save
Old 12-05-2016, 10:49 PM
Nobility

Harry went to Canada instead of going home!!

Lovestruck Prince Harry takes a 1,700-mile diversion to see Meghan Markle | Daily Mail Online

I read somewhere this morning that he was not on the flight back to London. No one had seen him. And his next royal engagement is next week I think?

I believe it!!

Closed Thread