Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad part is that Meghan is probably talking to her parents and they are possible calling their family members trusting them to keep a secret or maybe even Meghan is trusting them but they keep talking...It's ridiculous...How can you be close to family you can't trust.Now we see why they rarely get a call from her.

I doubt it. At least noone on her mom's side has said anything at all, they have been impeccable.

Who trusts the opinion of a step sister in law??!!

its fake news.....please can we not post known fake news sites. No Idea said that Meghan was pregnant then the next they said that Harry bought a 27 mill home. We need to start being more discerning about what news sites we post about. New Idea, Womans Day from AU are known fake sites.

They are not 'known fake sites' but sites that exaggerate their stories at times. At others they are known to 'break the news' e.g. it was NI that broke the news about Harry's first deployment to Afghanistan - weeks before the Drudge report that resulted in his withdrawal.

There are many accurate stories in both their magazines so it is wrong to call them 'fake' sites.

They both had the story of Kate's pregnancies before anyone else as well.

They have some very good sources, but in order to cover those sources, they both sometimes come up with 'false stories' just so that people won't think they have them.

The media has claim that Kate has been pregnant every single month since 2011. Magazine might once in a while get accurate information but they are known to make up stuff.

These magazines don't print false stuff to protect sources :ermm: they take wild guesses. And use any source no matter how unreliable. And take a chance at the dart board. Once in a blue moon they hit the bulls eye. You ke predicting the young married royal is pregnant, you are bound to be tight eventually. :whistling:

Meghan clearly eats sushi, she's not vegan.

There are so many bs stories going around, I doubt most of them. Her fathers side of the family seem like a mess, but it's interesting, that even with DM and other sources trying their best, nothing scandalous has come up.

Sooner or later it happens to all of us. We finally figure out that these people the magazines are writing about really don't matter overly much to the publications. What matters is the user base their stories generate and getting that first "once in a lifetime" private photo before anyone else does and earning a lot of money from doing it. Its exploitation at its best for the most part.

It also is part and parcel of living in the royal fishbowl and after extensively following the British royals for a few years, I've come to realize just what quite a few of the eligible royal bachelors meant when they said things like "I wanted her to be sure that she wanted to take me on" and take time before leaping into a marriage. We start to really realize the restrictions, the invasions of privacy and the constant glare of prying eyes everywhere along with the innuendos and exaggerated stories that are more fantasy than fact that these people have to endure day in and day out.

I think after a couple of months with this kind of a lifestyle, most of us would end up going screaming into the night waving our arms like a raving lunatic and baying at the moon. At least I know I would. :eek:

Sooner or later it happens to all of us. We finally figure out that these people the magazines are writing about really don't matter overly much to the publications. What matters is the user base their stories generate and getting that first "once in a lifetime" private photo before anyone else does and earning a lot of money from doing it. Its exploitation at its best for the most part.

<snip>

Exactly. And it occurs to me that the traditional "never explain, never complain" enables the tabloid tendency to embellish and plain make things up. If you know that the Palace isn't going to react if you conveniently "find" a source who'll tell you something marketable, or just plain make false claims, of course you're going to push the boundaries.

Honestly, I think most of the collective freak out from the press about the pushback from KP (and Andrew) is that if the Palace starts calling them on embellishments and straight up inventions, they can't get away with as much.

Every one of them has made some variation of "what happened to never explain, never complain?" when reporting on the recent statements. It is, IMO, an effort to push the royals back into the safe (for the press) box that allows the press to criticise and embellish without having to deal with any real defence from the royals.

It's a paradoxical situation in which the press are both afflicting the comfortable (for they certainly are that) and kicking down (for what else is giving someone a kick when they can't respond?). They've gotten too comfortable in that role and they're going to do everything in their power to push the royals back into that never complain/never explain zone.

Even if the royals start calling the press out, it won't be over every bs article. We have no clue if Meghan's nephew actually did speak to this tabloid, but no one's going to challenge a 'they jokingly call each other husband and wife' story, as it's not scandalous or harming, just intrusive.
Meghan's sister did call out Sun on their bs interview.

Looks like it. I can see them meeting for New Years Eve celebrations in Canada or the US, and maybe having a few days before Meghan goes to India.

Whatever about the extra non substanciated offerings in the press / social media, there is enough actual sightings of this pair to suggest a very serious relationship, at least at this point. They have both covered a lot of air miles to spend a couple of days together.

Yeah I don't think anyone can say it's a casual relationship. They can find casual where they live.

LaRae

I also don't believe in certain news coming out, but I believe the relationship is getting more serious.

I couldn't say if they were "serious" in the respect that they are looking to maybe make the relationship a permanent one but they are seriously enjoying each other right now and making the most out of grabbing whatever time they can to spend together. They're both very happy people right now that that's what really matters.

BTW: I finally did check out the banana post on Instagram and found it to be really, really cute. Nothing represents a perfect couple more than the perfect food. The banana is very high in nutrients. :D

It's very nice that Harry and Meghan got to spend the holidays together. Must be very nice for him to be back in a relationship after so much time being single. Christmas is one the most romantic time of the year and it spending it with that special person warms the heart.

Can also be most lonely. Even if you have a big family, if you are a single adult there are times you feel it. When all your cousins, your brother and friends are at least coupled up or with kids, you feel the difference even more at Christmas. Your friends are off celebrating with their own, and William with his in laws. It's nice for Harry to do things like buying a tree and going to shows.

Last edited:
I'm glad they had time together, but I'm glad the question of will she spend the holidays with the Queen has been answered. The press is so juvenile. I wonder if after Christmas Harry could fly to California and meet her mom and dad?

Can also be most lonely. Even if you have a big family, if you are a single adult there are times you feel it. When all your cousins, your brother abd friends are at least coupled up or with kids, you feel the difference even more at Christmas. Your friends are off celebrating with their own, and William with his in laws. It's nice for Harry to do things like buying a tree sad going to shows.

Yes, it can be a very lonely time if the year indeed. It counts to be in a relationship and spend the holidays with that special person. Harry and Meghan celebrated early before celebrating with their families, but at least they still have each other to call on Christmas Day.

No doubt he looked sad at his engagement today...It's always sad seeing him playing 3rd wheel and I hope he gets to keep the woman he really loves and I would be totally fine with that woman being Meghan...

Yes, it can be a very lonely time if the year indeed. It counts to be in a relationship and spend the holidays with that special person. Harry and Meghan celebrated early before celebrating with their families, but at least they still have each other to call on Christmas Day.

Maybe there is such a thing as being in each other's back pockets to keep the relationship alive. :D

That would be a smart phone in the back pocket. With texts, calls and video chats and cameras in phones, it would be the next best thing to being there and can reduce the miles to smiles. They can also share silly things, make plans for their next getaway and whisper sweet nothings to each other should they choose. Technology is wonderful sometimes methinks.

^
Technology has made long distance relationships so much easier. You can actually see each other while talking, see facial expressions, share your surroundings, what you're doing at that moment. Beats old phone calls and emails by far.

Maybe it's me but that coat Meghan is wearing looks more masculine? Could it be Harry's coat?

Last edited:
Can also be most lonely. Even if you have a big family, if you are a single adult there are times you feel it. When all your cousins, your brother and friends are at least coupled up or with kids, you feel the difference even more at Christmas. Your friends are off celebrating with their own, and William with his in laws. It's nice for Harry to do things like buying a tree and going to shows.

Very true!

I read someplace that many people find the Christmas season very depressing.

No doubt he looked sad at his engagement today...It's always sad seeing him playing 3rd wheel and I hope he gets to keep the woman he really loves and I would be totally fine with that woman being Meghan...

We are probably still a long way from that.

If there is one thing that I've come to know about Harry from following him through these threads is that the guy has the uncanny ability to enjoy wherever he is at the moment. Harry being downcast and sad just doesn't ring true to me other than those touching photos we saw a long, long time ago when he did lose the love of his life. His mother.

Although its very possible that he will be missing being with Meghan, Harry is also very much a down to earth and realistic man and moping and pining away in a display of drama just doesn't fit well with the image of the man I've seen Harry to be.

Of course this is seeing things through my eyes and other people see things differently. Maybe I need a better spectacle cleaner? ;)

Maybe it's me but that coat Meghan is wearing looks more masculine? Could it be Harry's coat?

The quote didn't look masculine to me, just a big, warm coat is all.

It does look to me like she's worn the same hat every time she's been photographed visiting Harry. That seems smart to me -- when the photos are all a little similar (dark coat, dark knit hat, loose hair, looking down with a neutral expression), there's a little less for the tabloids to work with as they concoct crazy cover stories. Of course there are still the paparazzi shots from Toronto and things from her acting career, but so far you know they're not pictures from her time with Harry if she's not in that hat, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom