Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I agree, and I doubt she is a vegan after proudly posting that photo of a Thanksgiving turkey she had prepared on social media.

Good thing about adult relationships, we understand you font have to have every hobby in common. You can enjoy time apart. Unless she is a vegan and totally opposed to hunting, doubt it would be an issue.

Exactly. That immature 'we must be alike and agree about everything' age is past ....I don't think she's vegan or vegetarian ...or at least I've not read that she is.

LaRae

These days it's very healthy for couples to have different past-times and interests - sometimes it's what draws people together as it adds interest and there is always something to discuss.

I think most all of us here remember all too well a previous royal bride that didn't quite take to country pursuits and had a hard time "allowing" her husband to continue to enjoy them.

In a loving, mature relationship one allows the other person to be the best possible person they can be and that includes activities that they really enjoy. One does not have to be in the other's back pocket around the clock to keep the relationship healthy. A good relationship is based on love, trust and caring for the happiness of the other and not bound by super glue. :D

I am a passionate(my friends say fanatic:p) animal lover and hunting like bullfighting makes me cringe.

But that does not mean that I am vegan or vegetarian, just anti-cruelty.

Killing a sensient living thing for food or self-protection as a necessity is one thing, for sport and fun is quite another, at least to me.

Aren't there other properties on Sandringham for Harry to stay at. I don't think he's been staying at Anmer Hall before so I don't know why he would stay there now and bring a Girlfriend around two young kids who for all purpose is a stranger to them.
It would be one thing for them to stay with William and Catherine if they didn't have kids.
Also I'm sure the Middletons are coming over again.

Aren't there other properties on Sandringham for Harry to stay at. I don't think he's been staying at Anmer Hall before so I don't know why he would stay there now and bring a Girlfriend around two young kids who for all purpose is a stranger to them.
It would be one thing for them to stay with William and Catherine if they didn't have kids.

Reading your post, Miche, I had to chuckle quite loudly to myself here because from all I've read when it comes to Harry and the Cambridge children, Uncle Harry is probably the bright spot of the day when he comes through the door. I think it was when W&K&H entertained the Obamas that George asked "why is Uncle Harry being so quiet?" as Uncle Harry was on his best behavior.

I think, at least in my mind, that if the kids are over the moon with being with Uncle Harry, any friend of his would be an instant hit with them too. I can well imagine Meghan joining in the horseplay as much as Harry does. Of course this is all in my head from the bits and pieces we've been able to put together but its an amusing scene that made me smile.

I agree. That speculation is laughable. It's the "Cressida is invited to George's Christening!" nonsense all over again.

The Cambridges don't seem to play fast and loose with their siblings spouses. Harry dated Cressida for 2 years and the Cambridges were never pictured with her, and there's no evidence she was ever invited to Anmer. Pippa dated Nico for 3 years, and the Cambridges were never pictured with him, and there was no stories of him at Anmer. Donna has been dating James for almost 4 years and she has never been pictured with the Cambridges, nor stories of her at Anmer. James Matthews is engaged to Pippa and he has never been photographed with the Cambridges nor are there stories of him at Anmer. All of this tells me there is no way that's Harry new girlfriend, who probably hasn't even met the Cambridges yet, will be staying at their private home over the holidays.

If the Middleton family does stay at Anmer for Christmas, James Matthews might make an appearance since he's a fiancee, but even that's iffy with the super cautious Cambridges.

People Magazine thinks Meghan may stay at Anmer Hall over the holidays and go shooting with Harry.

One, Anmer is William and Catherine's and two, Meghan doesn't strike me as a stalking deer, shooting pheasants type of girl.

Harry may have to give up country pursuits.

Meghan's gone camping in Canada, grew up fishing with her father, fly fished and camper vaned her way across New Zealand, regularly hikes with her mom in Cali and does trail and ravine runs with her dogs in Toronto, and written of her future children being the mud covered/chasing frogs sort.

I think she'd quite like country life, shooting or not.

Meghan's gone camping in Canada, grew up fishing with her father, fly fished and camper vaned her way across New Zealand, regularly hikes with her mom in Cali and does trail and ravine runs with her dogs in Toronto, and written of her future children being the mud covered/chasing frogs sort.

I think she'd quite like country life, shooting or not.

That's great news. She should mesh well with the outdoorsy BRF.

LaRae

That's great news. She should mesh well with the outdoorsy BRF.

LaRae

Yes remember that picture of her as a kid in overalls....Meg is a country girl and her dad's side is from Oregon??

I got the impression she spent most of her life in the city (LA or wherever it was ..she has talked about going every day to the tv sitcom set her dad was involved in).

LaRae

I'm just making a wild guess, based on no facts, but I doubt they're spending Christmas time together. I think Meghan visited Harry now, because they aren't spending it together. I read somewhere, that they might go on holiday after Christmas, maybe spend New Year together. That sounds more realistic IMO than them joining William, Kate, the kids and Middletons. IMO only, of course.

The Cambridges don't seem to play fast and loose with their siblings spouses. Harry dated Cressida for 2 years and the Cambridges were never pictured with her, and there's no evidence she was ever invited to Anmer. Pippa dated Nico for 3 years, and the Cambridges were never pictured with him, and there was no stories of him at Anmer. Donna has been dating James for almost 4 years and she has never been pictured with the Cambridges, nor stories of her at Anmer. James Matthews is engaged to Pippa and he has never been photographed with the Cambridges nor are there stories of him at Anmer. All of this tells me there is no way that's Harry new girlfriend, who probably hasn't even met the Cambridges yet, will be staying at their private home over the holidays.

I think it may be a case of "what happens at Anmer, stays at Anmer". The grounds are pretty much off limits to the public and photographers (there is even a no-fly zone) and they would be very wary of repercussions of taking pictures or printing stories of what happens on their private grounds. The same applies to Balmoral, I believe.

Its very rare that we hear of people that have come and gone at Anmer for any kind of reason. It has to do with the Cambridges drawing the line in the sand between public and private.

As careful as W&K are with privacy and their children...I would be surprised to see someone relatively new to Harry's life be allowed 'in'. They've all been burned before by what they thought were close friends.

LaRae

I agree. Especially considering how close Kate is to her siblings. I have no doubt that Donna and James have both met the couple often. There is a difference between being invited to a public occasion like a royal christening, and having dinner at their private home. I am sure when James and pippa marry he will be seen at more, like if Kate and will have a third child, at the baptism.

It's long tradition that the only people invited to sandringham for Christmas are at least engaged. But Amner is different. The middletons are invited, so Kate and will cN participate in the official royal Christmas events but still celebrate with her family. This is a balance others like Camilla likely wish for.

Harry doesn't have his own home there. It doesnt seem odd he may bring Meghan with him. I doubt actually during Christmas but perhaps avfewvdays before. I agree, I think she is likely to be home for Christmas, that she is there now because they don't be together on the actual holiday. It wouldn't be ,u h for them to spend a night or two at Amner. Meghan is not a dangerous stranger, I doubt the Cambridges mind her around their kids, sure they want to meet uncle Harry's friend. It is different then taking her to stay with dad and stepmom which may be a huge step right now.

I think it may be a case of "what happens at Anmer, stays at Anmer". The grounds are pretty much off limits to the public and photographers (there is even a no-fly zone) and they would be very wary of repercussions of taking pictures or printing stories of what happens on their private grounds. The same applies to Balmoral, I believe.

Its very rare that we hear of people that have come and gone at Anmer for any kind of reason. It has to do with the Cambridges drawing the line in the sand between public and private.

I disagree. I think we have a good idea of who's invited. For George's 2nd Birthday at Anmer we know Prince Philip and his friend Penny attended. We know the Middletons attended without girlfriend Donna, and without then-boyfriend Nico. We know Harry wasn't there.

When the Middletons were at Anmer for Christmas 2014, we know from pictures that Donna and Nico weren't there.

When Catherine turned 34 this last January, and had a small party at Anmer, we know her friends the Meades, Bakers, and Ms. Carter attended. We know the Middletons were there but boyfriend James Matthews and girlfriend Donna Air weren't there.

There is a very clear pattern of siblings' spouses not getting invites to family gatherings at Anmer.

I'm just making a wild guess, based on no facts, but I doubt they're spending Christmas time together. I think Meghan visited Harry now, because they aren't spending it together. I read somewhere, that they might go on holiday after Christmas, maybe spend New Year together. That sounds more realistic IMO than them joining William, Kate, the kids and Middletons. IMO only, of course.

This sounds the most sensible to me too. We have to remember that Meghan also has family she probably wants to spend the holidays with too. Its kind of nice when you think about the holiday season being quite an extended period of time. :D

This sounds the most sensible to me too. We have to remember that Meghan also has family she probably wants to spend the holidays with too. Its kind of nice when you think about the holiday season being quite an extended period of time. :D

This is a version of what I expect as well - she is in London this week and having a lovely Christmas holiday with her boyfriend - will return to US or Canada next week to spend time with her family and Harry & Meghan will probably meet somewhere warm after Boxing Day for a lovely holiday.

I think the scenario of Meghan staying at Anmer Hall is an odd one for their first holiday together as it would still require Harry leaving her at certain times to go to Sandringham with the royal family... specifically Christmas Eve and walking into Christmas Day Services. The Middletons are there as a family and used to the protocal - but as a new girlfriend I would feel really awkward being left behind. Having this special time together now is a great way to avoid putting Meghan in that uncomfortable position.

People really need to stop getting ahead of themselves and just let them date. People already taking about breakups, marriage bust ups, custody of the kids, etc. Let them figure all this out as they date. If marriage is in the works, they'll let us know. Right now, love is blossoming.

Harry is a Prince where any future royal children are raised is a subject that is also often discussed in other royal family's threads. Sweden for one.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yes remember that picture of her as a kid in overalls....Meg is a country girl and her dad's side is from Oregon??

I got the impression she spent most of her life in the city (LA or wherever it was ..she has talked about going every day to the tv sitcom set her dad was involved in).

LaRae

Yes, Meghan is definitley an L.A. girl through and through but also seems to love nature/the outdoors. I think her father came from Pennsylvania but I don't believe she was able to visit there much.
Those jean overalls were actually the height of 90's teen fashion, especially when worn with a flannel shirt tied around the waist and a pair of doc martens. The 90's, man. :cool:

Last edited:
This is a version of what I expect as well - she is in London this week and having a lovely Christmas holiday with her boyfriend - will return to US or Canada next week to spend time with her family and Harry & Meghan will probably meet somewhere warm after Boxing Day for a lovely holiday.

I think the scenario of Meghan staying at Anmer Hall is an odd one for their first holiday together as it would still require Harry leaving her at certain times to go to Sandringham with the royal family... specifically Christmas Eve and walking into Christmas Day Services. The Middletons are there as a family and used to the protocal - but as a new girlfriend I would feel really awkward being left behind. Having this special time together now is a great way to avoid putting Meghan in that uncomfortable position.

I'm with you. Christmas Eve is royals opening presents. Christmas Day is going to church. Meghan as the girlfriend wouldn't be going to Christmas Eve. If she went to church Christmas Day, that becomes the story so she is going to hang with complete strangers the Middletons on Christmas Eve and then stay behind with Nanny Maria when everyone else goes to church or spend the holiday with her own family? I'm betting she goes to her own family.

I'm with you. Christmas Eve is royals opening presents. Christmas Day is going to church. Meghan as the girlfriend wouldn't be going to Christmas Eve. If she went to church Christmas Day, that becomes the story so she is going to hang with complete strangers the Middletons on Christmas Eve and then stay behind with Nanny Maria when everyone else goes to church or spend the holiday with her own family? I'm betting she goes to her own family.

Hey, if people want to go full-delusional, in addition to Meghan being invited to Anmer for Christmas why not also invite the Parker-Bowles and Lopes families to stay at Anmer, too. ;) That way Meghan won't be ditched by herself. Just think while all the HRHs are at Sandringham with HM. The Middleton family, Meghan, and Camilla's children and grandchildren can all party at Anmer and maybe teepee the house with toilet paper to surprise the Cambridges when they return from Sandringham. :whistling:

Harry is a Prince where any future royal children are raised is a subject that is also often discussed in other royal family's threads. Sweden for one.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yeah, but why go into all this talk about big break ups and who's going getting custody of the kids, when this couple is just dating and trying to see where things are going to go?

I won't click on that trash, but 80 years ago Bertie was King. He was pretty open-minded with marriages. He let Elizabeth marry Philip despite the Nazi connections with Philips in-laws. He let his nephew marry a jewish woman. It was said he couldn't deny Margaret anything, had he lived longer I think he would have approved her marriage to divorcee Peter Townsend, and fought for her against the the government powers that be. So I guess what I'm saying is, I think it's real tacky that the DM is slating Bertie like this, or so I presume as I won't click on that nonsense.

I disagree. I think we have a good idea of who's invited. For George's 2nd Birthday at Anmer we know Prince Philip and his friend Penny attended. We know the Middletons attended without girlfriend Donna, and without then-boyfriend Nico. We know Harry wasn't there.

When the Middletons were at Anmer for Christmas 2014, we know from pictures that Donna and Nico weren't there.

When Catherine turned 34 this last January, and had a small party at Anmer, we know her friends the Meades, Bakers, and Ms. Carter attended. We know the Middletons were there but boyfriend James Matthews and girlfriend Donna Air weren't there.

There is a very clear pattern of siblings' spouses not getting invites to family gatherings at Anmer.

You named only three events. What about the other 200 some odd days of the year the Cambridges are at Anmer? I doubt those were the only times the Middletons gathered at Anmer.

To bring this back on topic, I agree with the others that there is no chance of Meghan showing up at Sandringham for Christmas. Too much too soon

I won't click on that trash, but 80 years ago Bertie was King. He was pretty open-minded with marriages. He let Elizabeth marry Philip despite the Nazi connections with Philips in-laws. He let his nephew marry a jewish woman. It was said he couldn't deny Margaret anything, had he lived longer I think he would have approved her marriage to divorcee Peter Townsend, and fought for her against the the government powers that be. So I guess what I'm saying is, I think it's real tacky that the DM is slating Bertie like this, or so I presume as I won't click on that nonsense.

No matter how open minded Albert was, I doubt he would have let one of his sons marry an American actress who was also half-black and a divorcee to boot.

Piers Morgan bragging again about being 'friends' with Meghan. If anything dooms this relationship, a friendship with the former editor of News of the World and Daily Mirror will be on top of the list. :lol:

Remember when Piers was asked by the BBC, "Why can't you just leave Prince Harry alone?" (Piers was Harry's chief tormentor back in the Nazi fancy dress days)

I just hope everyone keep in mind; the British royal family of today is totally different from the British royal family of the past. From The Queen and Prince Philip, on down, the family are very warm and welcoming to boyfriends and girlfriends. I'm sure if things become very serious between Harry and Meghan, the family will welcome Meghan into the family. I'm sure they are happy for Harry right now and respect his love life.

I think this couple will spend Christmas with their own families. There could be a vacation in for them soon too. I guess it depends if they're planning one and if their schedules permit them to do so.

I would do anything to get out of this bitter cold and go somewhere warm with my sweetheart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom