Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get this, if he spent his money to do whatever on an off day why does it matter? William and Kate have taken off one or two days to do private events during a tour. If Meghan is with friends and Harry just shows up privately why should it matter?

Ya know, the fact that Harry has done all this tell me he is going to propose soon and he may do it over their one week vacation.

Suits has been renewed for a seventh season, which Meghan is likely under contract for. I wouldn't bet on an engagement until her contract with Suits is up as if she marries Harry she's not likely to continue acting.

the "problem" is two-fold

1. in 2004, because of an issue where P Andrew melded both public and private events together (ie going on an official tour and adding private event on the end) - this was queried and the National Audit Office (those who check that the royals are doing it right financially with public money) were told it would not happen again. Royal policy is that it will not happen again (that's like carving in stone).
However, it looks like that is exactly what Harry has done, plus the media were explicitly told he was NOT going to Canada but going directly home.

2. second problem is linked to the 1st. The media were asked the question re going to Canada and were told explicitly he was going home. They hate being lied to. So they will moan but this really isn't the main issue.

Main issue is it looks like a breach of Royal policy (not media policy) set out in 2004.

On its own I don't think its big, but a disgruntled media and some public complaining (cost of BP) adds up to a bigger problem.

People need to understand that Harry does not act on his own. Everything he does reflects on the Monarchy. That's what he meant when on the tour, he talked about his responsibilities as a royal

Suits has been renewed for a seventh season, which Meghan is likely under contract for. I wouldn't bet on an engagement until her contract with Suits is up as if she marries Harry she's not likely to continue acting.

I bet it does happen and soon! I also heard that there is no reason why she can't continue acting. So, we'll see.

I bet it does happen and soon! I also heard that there is no reason why she can't continue acting. So, we'll see.

She could also be written off the show pretty easily. Actors are all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

My memory isn't what it used to be and even sometimes goes missing in action. I do seem to recall something about being out of the country. Is it possible that with this trip to Canada on his way home from Barbados that it has been approved by HM, The Queen herself? I don't imagine it would be overly hard for Harry to phone his grandmother and ask for an OK to make a detour on the way going home. He probably sought approval also for his extended stay in Nepal after the tour was done.

Whatever happened, wherever he went and where he is now shows that Harry really is getting good at keeping things under the radar and out of sight of prying eyes.

My memory isn't what it used to be and even sometimes goes missing in action. I do seem to recall something about being out of the country. Is it possible that with this trip to Canada on his way home from Barbados that it has been approved by HM, The Queen herself? I don't imagine it would be overly hard for Harry to phone his grandmother and ask for an OK to make a detour on the way going home. He probably sought approval also for his extended stay in Nepal after the tour was done.

Whatever happened, wherever he went and where he is now shows that Harry really is getting good at keeping things under the radar and out of sight of prying eyes.

he would have to pay for it and the fares of his RPOs from his personal funds.

Welp it seems these two are crazy in love. If the palace seeks to force them apart, that clearly would not work. They need to draw her closer to the fold and start unofficial princess lessons. They need to be seen together to legitimize the relationship, perhaps at something Christmassy.

Welp it seems these two are crazy in love. If the palace seeks to force them apart, that clearly would not work. They need to draw her closer to the fold and start unofficial princess lessons. They need to be seen together to legitimize the relationship, perhaps at something Christmassy.

There is NO evidence of the Palace seeking to force them apart. Where did that come from?

In America there are some blind items saying The Palace does not approve, but that could just be untrue since they are blind items and American. Also the American tabloid press is running with the Palace not approving of this relationship story.

If some of the comments/approach that I have read on various sites from US contributers are anything to go by, there is a real lack of understanding about the mechanics of royal life.

On his v successful tour, Harry spoke about the enormous responsibility inbeing royal and how he has to earn the privileges that being royal brings him.

Any future wife has to understanding that, be willing to take it on, and really get to grips with the mechanics of how it all works.

Its been hard enough for British women having been brought up in the country, (QEQM turned down Bertie twice because of her concerns about royal life and she knew them well) but I think those not used it, possible used to celebrity but not royalty, it will take time. IM reminded of Grace Kelly who felt the restrictions at the time.

This is not a celebrity life where eventually you are not recognised in the street and can live yr ownlife. This is for all time, with every word, tweet, letter, passing comment, frown, laugh and sigh analysed and written about. Same applies to yr friends and family.

They need time and that is going to be very difficult. And fans (click bait) wont be helping.

Thank you so much for a great post I couldn't agree more. The life of a royal is no fairy tale with a fairy princess and happy ever afters

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

If Harry did not go to Toronto however, but instead chose to stay in Barbados for a couple of days with MM who flew in, and then he catches a plane back to the UK in order to perform his engagement on the 7th, technically the aide telling the media in Guyana that Harry would be going straight to London from Barbados, wouldn't be lying. It would just be another day, another time, another commercial flight!

There are a lot of lovely places to hide out in Barbados, or surrounding small islands, deserted beaches, private chalets, sunshine....

he would have to pay for it and the fares of his RPOs from his personal funds.

That pretty much is a given that Harry would finance having a layover (isn't that really what it was? Kind of a like a flyby visit?) in Toronto. My thinking was along the lines (after reading so much on royal protocol and procedures brought up recently here) that he would have to keep the monarchy informed of his plans and his movements. He may be able to disappear off the radar of the public and the press but never under the radar of Granny and The Firm.

If Harry did not go to Toronto however, but instead chose to stay in Barbados for a couple of days with MM who flew in, and then he catches a plane back to the UK in order to perform his engagement on the 7th, technically the aide telling the media in Guyana that Harry would be going straight to London from Barbados, wouldn't be lying. It would just be another day, another time, another commercial flight!

There are a lot of lovely places to hide out in Barbados, or surrounding small islands, deserted beaches, private chalets, sunshine....

It sounds like I'm being bloody-minded but I'm not. He can laze around with his girl which is good and be happy - however...

He would still be in breach of the royal policy ( ie doing exactly what P Andrew did which caused the problem way back when)

and less importantly IMO, he didn't fly directly to London as told to journos. I don't worry about this but the first is a concern.

Lots of people ready to give Harry a pass cos its Harry and he's in "lurve".
I don't - I go with what he said about being responsible and earning his privileges.

I'm done with this cos I've stated my view. But he really is going to have a hard time relationship wise cos neither his "fans" or the media will give him a break. Poor devil.

You aren't going to see Meghan continue acting if she and Harry were to marry. They will be expected to work full time for the family business.

He's not a minor royal who gets pulled out couple times a year for an event. He's never going to be one...until maybe George becomes King. Even then as uncle to the King..no small thing.

LaRae

She could also be written off the show pretty easily. Actors are all the time.

If the show wanted to write her off they could, but if she's under contract they're under no obligation to do so. Typically actors are written off when shows continue and contracts aren't renewed. Sometimes actors under contract can be fired, but it's rare for an actor under contract to quit as they risk being sued.

I believe contracts are typically 5-7 years for a new show. Gina Torres left Suits at the mid-season finale when her contract was up, and the show's creator signed a 2-year contract with the network before this season started airing. That to me kind of implies that a number of contracts were up for renewal before season 6 started filming, and renewals were probably for 2 years (covering season 6 and a possible season 7). I wouldn't be surprised if Meghan is under contract for another season.

There is no legal requirement that Meghan cease acting if she marries Harry, but it is incredibly unlikely. For starters, Harry is based out of the UK and his housing and security is paid for by the British taxpayer. Any wife of his is going to require the security... but the British tax payers aren't likely to be wanting to pay for full time security in Canada (and the Canadian taxpayers certainly won't; they made a fuss about having to pay for the Prime Minister's nannies).

Second of all, there would be a huge conflict between being an actress who has to do talk shows and interviews and answer press questions to promote her show, and the Princess who has to have a very carefully guarded relationship with the press. Meghan Markle, Suits star is going to have to appear on talk shows. The Duchess of Sussex, however, is probably someone the BRF does not want appearing on talk shows. And that's not even taking into consideration whether or not the BRF wants the Duchess of Sussex filming romantic scenes with a costar. Meghan is the female romantic lead in Suits, which airs on cable TV. I don't think there's been any actual nudity on it, but there have definitely been sex scenes and scenes where Meghan is scantily clad. All fine and dandy while she's Meghan Markle, but when she's HRH The Duchess of Sussex... different story.

You aren't going to see Meghan continue acting if she and Harry were to marry. They will be expected to work full time for the family business.

He's not a minor royal who gets pulled out couple times a year for an event. He's never going to be one...until maybe George becomes King. Even then as uncle to the King..no small thing.

LaRae

I stand by what I said and by what I think will happen. As I said, we'll see.

Last edited:
Aron Korsh, the creator of suits, gave an interview with Collider earlier this year and said all cast members were under contract through season 7. I too doubt that Meghan the Dutchess would be able to keep her acting career, but what about Meghan the fiancée? IF Harry and Meghan were to become engaged in the near future, would there be any issues with her finishing out her contract through season 7?

Prince Harry extends controversial vacation with Meghan Markle | Page Six

Does this mean Harry is stay with Meghan an extra day in Toronto?

I don't believe Harry's in Toronto, I believe he's enjoying a break in Barbados with MM. Nevertheless, I don't think a site that has other offerings like 'Kanye's out of hospital but not living with Kim' and 'Anthony Weiner too broke to stay in sex rehab' is exactly a credible source. I think Harry will turn up to his engagement in London in the 7th, wherever he is.

Last edited:
Aron Korsh, the creator of suits, gave an interview with Collider earlier this year and said all cast members were under contract through season 7. I too doubt that Meghan the Dutchess would be able to keep her acting career, but what about Meghan the fiancée? IF Harry and Meghan were to become engaged in the near future, would there be any issues with her finishing out her contract through season 7?

Hmm...

I don't think we'll see an engagement announcement (if at all) until she's done promoting Suits in any way. The BRF isn't likely going to want her to be appearing on Jimmy Kimmel or Ellen or what have you after the engagement is announced.

I wouldn't be surprised if an engagement is announced during the later half of season 7, particularly if season 7 is already announced to be the show's last season, with a wedding to take place after the finale, but I also wouldn't be surprised if any engagement announcement waited until Meghan's departure from the show had already happened.

I'm kind of interested in seeing how all this focus on Meghan affects Suits' ratings when it returns in January.

He would have to leave Canada, Caribbean where ever in the Western Hemisphere he is by this evening to fly overnight to get back to London for Wednesday's ICAP charity day that's he going to.

If he went to Toronto, he's looking at a 7 hour flight and a 5 hour time difference to get to London. Leaving at 6PM in Toronto would have him arriving at 7:30AM in London.

I've not looked it up, but he's likely looking at similar flight times if he's in the Caribbean.

So, either he's on a plane already or he's not making the Wednesday event.

There is the Tiny inconvenience that Ms Markle is a divorced woman whose former husband is, I believe, still alive. I would think that the chances of the prince considering a more formal relationship with her are small, with a view to the Royal Family's history on such matters.

How unlucky for PH, that he will never have a chance to build a relatiobship with a woman out of the public eye, within months the press will have the scoop, and everything he does will be looked thtough a magnifying glass. In this case, he hadn't seen Meghan in weeks, probably missed her, and wanted a quick visit with her. Very normal and very human. But I understand he breached a royal policy in doing so. He will be under more scrutiny, Meghan will be judged more harshly.

Looking from outside, I can't help but feel sorry for PH, and Meghan. I'm hoping they'll get a happy story, but she'll have to be very understanding, patiend, thick skinned and very in love to be abe to handle it all.

There is the Tiny inconvenience that Ms Markle is a divorced woman whose former husband is, I believe, still alive. I would think that the chances of the prince considering a more formal relationship with her are small, with a view to the Royal Family's history on such matters.

I really don't see being divorced as being a problem at all. The future Queen Consort (or whatever she is then known by) is in the exact same situation as Meghan would be marrying into the family.

The Prince of Wales is a divorced man married to a woman whose first husband is still alive.

One of his brothers is also a divorced man. As is his sister, who is remarried despite her first husband still being alive.

The rules that affected Edward VIII in 1937 and Princess Margaret in 1955 are no longer in effect.

Hogwash! Charles is heir to the throne! He has been divorced and married to a divorced woman.

I'm not even going to debate this!

Looking from outside, I can't help but feel sorry for PH, and Meghan. I'm hoping they'll get a happy story, but she'll have to be very understanding, patiend, thick skinned and very in love to be abe to handle it all.

That is all that anyone can say. The press, the public, the fans, the royal watchers and Aunt Prunella down the street are all looking at a private relationship from the outside through murky windows.

These are two adults in their 30s that have full, rewarding lives independent of each other and not two lovestruck teenagers with stars in their eyes and need to be in each other's back pockets all the time.

For now, we've not even seen these two together at all and hopefully won't for a very long time because that gives them time to write their own story how they want it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom