Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have absolutely idea why he is single or what he finds attractive in a woman.

Some people have a clear idea of why he's single and what he finds attractive. From what I've heard from the majority, he's single because his surroundings are plagued with users and title chasers. And apparently he has only one type ,that's blue blooded, blonde English roses. Who according to some happen to belong to the majority of the harry hunting club. For those who believe that ( not referring to anyone here specifically ), it's seems like a contradicting theory imo. If he is surrounded by the only type that he prefers with those 3 requirements or vice versa, then he'd be down the aisle long time ago, or at least falling in love with lady for each day of the week. But if you believed that he is holding a torch for the exes with all 3 traits then it would make sense to the fans of who firmly believe that.

Perhaps NotHRH means that women who would welcome the attention are more publicity seekers who aren't interested in the man as much as the position? I can remember reading that Charles remarked once that those women who deal extremely well with media attention, the limelight etc, are people that wouldn't necessarily do well as royals, which is more of a team effort. I'm sure that after over a decade and a half of dating Harry knows exactly the motivations of many girls who try to attract his attention, though.

Perhaps NotHRH means that women who would welcome the attention are more publicity seekers who aren't interested in the man as much as the position? I can remember reading that Charles remarked once that those women who deal extremely well with media attention, the limelight etc, are people that wouldn't necessarily do well as royals, which is more of a team effort. I'm sure that after over a decade and a half of dating Harry knows exactly the motivations of many girls who try to attract his attention, though.

That's exactly what I am talking about. He does not APPEAR to stay with a woman once she APPEARS to bask in attention, no matter how much that particular woman says she doesn't enjoy the spotlight. And yes, Harry knows their motivations - Harry can only stand a "friends with benefits" girlfriend for only so long. Thanks Curryong - none of us personally knows royals, but we can all make assumptions, not so much for the gossip, but from reading between the lines. An example is MO of Greece and Denmark, attractive girl (yes, girl) but a total fame whore - a total fame whore like her gf ex-King Constantine of Greece and her uncle, Prince Nicolaus of G and D

That's exactly what I am talking about. He does not APPEAR to stay with a woman once she APPEARS to bask in attention, no matter how much that particular woman says she doesn't enjoy the spotlight. And yes, Harry knows their motivations - Harry can only stand a "friends with benefits" girlfriend for only so long. Thanks Curryong - none of us personally knows royals, but we can all make assumptions, not so much for the gossip, but from reading between the lines. An example is MO of Greece and Denmark, attractive girl (yes, girl) but a total fame whore - a total fame whore like her gf ex-King Constantine of Greece and her uncle, Prince Nicolaus of G and D

I understand that reveling in the attention can be a red flag but I'm sure there are other reasons that contribute to the breakups that only those closest to him would only know about.

I understand that reveling in the attention can be a red flag but I'm sure there are other reasons that contribute to the breakups that only those closest to him would only know about.

Of course, there are other reasons, but the way I see it if he has been in a relationship for awhile and the girl starts basking in her new found fame (a la Cressida Bonas or Chely Davy) think it is a big turn off for him.

Some people have a clear idea of why he's single and what he finds attractive. From what I've heard from the majority, he's single because his surroundings are plagued with users and title chasers. And apparently he has only one type ,that's blue blooded, blonde English roses. Who according to some happen to belong to the majority of the harry hunting club. For those who believe that ( not referring to anyone here specifically ), it's seems like a contradicting theory imo. If he is surrounded by the only type that he prefers with those 3 requirements or vice versa, then he'd be down the aisle long time ago, or at least falling in love with lady for each day of the week. But if you believed that he is holding a torch for the exes with all 3 traits then it would make sense to the fans of who firmly believe that.

Chelsy was neither blueblooded nor English. I remember she characterised herself as 'proudly African'. (She had Welsh ancestry I believe from several generations back.) Chelsy was the girl he had the longest romance with. I can remember reading that he dated a girl of colour, the daughter of a Nigerian millionare, before Chelsy. In one of the biographies on Harry the author interviewed a girl 'Margaret' whom he'd met while she was working in a shop in Windsor. She dated him and wasn't aristocratic. So I think Harry is more open to other types than we think.

Last edited:
^^^Agreed Curryong we really do not know the extent of Harry's dating life and IMO we don't need to know all of the details. Chelsy and Cressida are the two that were best known to the public. The girls that he has dated in the past didn't appear in the tabloids either because it was when Harry was still in school at Eton and the privacy agreement was still in effect or it was just a few dates and not a long term relationship.

I think it would be cool to date a prince. You would get the press and public interested in you from around the world. And speculation would go around whether or not you would get engaged or not or whether you would break up. And the dates would be romantic coffee dates. :lol: :ROFLMAO: :flowers:

It might not be as much fun as you imagine in many ways, PHW.

I can imagine him having 2 problems.

1. Many close to his friends, not necessarily his personal friends but those who are in "their Circle" and tries to get his attention are young "blondeish" attention seekers from the uppger class who wouldn't last a year in a royal marriage.

2. Career women from the middle class who would certainly give him a stable private life, don't want to give up their hopes and dreams for their future for a life in the public spot as a royal Duchess, representing the Royal family for the rest of their lives. Sooner or later, the royal family needs to come up with a solution for this problem to make life easier for future generations.

I can imagine him having 2 problems.

1. Many close to his friends, not necessarily his personal friends but those who are in "their Circle" and tries to get his attention are young "blondeish" attention seekers from the uppger class who wouldn't last a year in a royal marriage.

2. Career women from the middle class who would certainly give him a stable private life, don't want to give up their hopes and dreams for their future for a life in the public spot as a royal Duchess, representing the Royal family for the rest of their lives. Sooner or later, the royal family needs to come up with a solution for this problem to make life easier for future generations.

I'm not sure if there are problems at the moment because there aren't any signs that he's actively trying and failing recently.

Doesn't love come into this equation, Hans Rickard? Plus, some career women aren't so ambitiously devoted to their careers as you might imagine and would be quite OK trying Royal life, which after all, isn't some kind of torture and can at times be very interesting, I'm sure. Life is what you make it.

I love how the Cinderella fairy tale is still clung to. It's more than OK to say a Princess will have a hard time finding a husband willing to give up his career. Men are expected to be career minded and have dreams. But when a woman is, she is 'ambitious' like that is a bad thing, and not looking for love. :bang: Its not about ambition. The days when women aspired to have rich husbands and were defined by their husband's jobs and how many kids they had, is long over for most people. Women go to school, dream of careers, and work hard to build them. Why should they be expected to give them up any more than a man should be?:ermm: In reality, a middle class woman could fall in love, marry, have kids and keep her career. Unless she marries someone close to the throne, then that is a no go. Most women now a days want it all, and being married to a prince doesn't allow that.

The older Harry gets the more likely this is to be a problem. Unless he continues going for much younger women. The older a woman gets, the more time she has spent building her career and life outside of her family, the less likely she will be to want to give it up. Yes, there are rewarding sides to be royal, but to give up being a doctor, business woman, teacher, lawyer........ careers they have worked hard and long to establish, to cut ribbons and make tours would not be seen as fulfilling by many women. Add to that the lack of privacy, cameras always in your face.

Perhaps if the option was open in the UK like Chris got in Sweden, that would be different. If Harry could marry and his wife wouldn't be required to take a title or be a part of royal functions. His children, like Leo and Nico could be still in line for succession and have titles, but his wife need not give up her own life. She could attend events like Chris does. It would allow Harry's wife to have both worlds and likely open up more possibilities.

Not all women are high flyers, some love their careers, some don't, some want it all, others juggle work commitments and family responsibilities and feel guilty.

Some women wouldn't give up their jobs for anything and love getting out there, others get disillusioned with pay, conditions, long hours. We females are not all one big homogenous lump, all thinking and feeling the same way.

I worked for years as a social worker before retiring, and had a husband and three children. If I had inherited a large sum of money I would have give up my career, much as I loved it.

Not everyone is a devoted lawyer, doctor, senior business executive. In my lifetime I've lost count of the number of women who have bemoaned to me that they are stuck and can't change careers mid-stream because of financial constraints, or the number that have said "I would give my career up tomorrow and be with my kids if I could, but it's impossible".

Doesn't love come into this equation, Hans Rickard? Plus, some career women aren't so ambitiously devoted to their careers as you might imagine and would be quite OK trying Royal life, which after all, isn't some kind of torture and can at times be very interesting, I'm sure. Life is what you make it.

I think some fans exaggerate the cons of being the future duchess.

I don't think anyone is exaggerating anything. I think women are simply more realistic now a days. Being Cinderella is not a fairy tale. You give up your career. You give up being able to go out for coffee without paps in your face. You give up a lot of private time with your own family.

I love how royal men are allowed jobs, but the wives are not. Why is it Will and Harry are allowed to be in the military but their wives would be expected to give up their own work lives? Fortunately Kate didn't work anyways to give it up.

So Harry doesn't just have to find someone who works and is down to earth but now he should aim for someone who is miserable in their job or poor? A woman who if offered riches, would throw away her job. Sounds like just the kind of woman a man should want.

As I said, Royal life can be what you make it. If Harry fell in love with someone who had been a charity worker and had enjoyed it, she may approach her life after marriage with "I can really make a difference here," and concentrate on four or five charities that would be really important to her.

Royal life is not a prison and with the amount of PR royals get they can really improve people's lives. Look at Charles with the Princes Trust, look at what a difference Diana made in the areas of leprousy, AIDS, land mines, etc. She brought in hundreds of thousands of pounds in donations for her charities as well as raising their profiles.

I never said that Harry had to marry someone who was poor and miserable or who wanted to marry money. I think we are all individuals and all approach our life choices differently. My points still stand. Not everyone is in love with their career.

Last edited:
Back on topic. If you wish to discuss whether Harry's future wife would (or should) be able to have a job, please take it to this thread. All further off-topic posts will be deleted.

He also has observed the behaviors of those girls/women who have tried to get close to his brother and cousins too. ;) Plus he'd have likely heard about some of the experiences his father and uncles had while they were single and women were trying to attract their attention.

Yes, I agree, TLLK. Charles, especially, had many girlfriends (not so sure about Andrew, except for Koo Stark, whom I don't think was an attention seeker) and certainly would impart advice about that sort of thing.

Kate is afraid Harry will find a bride during his tour of Nepal. My goodness, that would be very quick work! He's only there for a few days! :lol: :eek:

Yes, Harry would always want people to stand on ceremony with him, especially potential girlfriends! :lol:

Honestly I highly doubt Harry cares if you spear your food or if you cross your ankles. Or if you have gone for your 'blow out'. Yes good table manners and posture if you get far enough you get invited home to meet Dad or Granny, you better brush up on. The writer seems to forget Kate wasn't always the 'duchess'. She was a college student modeling lingere when she caught Will's eye. And I find Harry even less likely to be impressed by the pomp and circumstance. Note neither of tem have dated the high aristocracy (rich yes but not the old bloods with titles and manners posher than some royals).

Nightmare scenario: Harry meets (and likes) Tiffany Trump while in Florida.

:previous: Nightmare???:ohmy: I thought that was everyone's dream. I mean Tiffany has the chance of being the next first daughter. Practically American royalty. Can you just imagine a wedding between the two :ROFLMAO:

Wouldn't be surprised if the rumors popped up. Like Theodora/Will rumors led to Harry/Olympia stories. There were rumors about Lauren Bush and Will. Don't give the paps any ideas :ermm:

Honestly I highly doubt Harry cares if you spear your food or if you cross your ankles. Or if you have gone for your 'blow out'. Yes good table manners and posture if you get far enough you get invited home to meet Dad or Granny, you better brush up on. The writer seems to forget Kate wasn't always the 'duchess'. She was a college student modeling lingere when she caught Will's eye. And I find Harry even less likely to be impressed by the pomp and circumstance. Note neither of tem have dated the high aristocracy (rich yes but not the old bloods with titles and manners posher than some royals).

Not the timeline I've heard.

The charity runway show was Spring 2002. William and Catherine already were close pals at that point. William bid on and won Catherine at the "slave auction" in November 2001. I doubt he would of bid on her if she wasn't already in his eye.

:previous: The point being, depending on what ever convoluted version we are fed, Kate was not the 'duchess' with her extreme high manners and posh life that this woman claims a woman needs to be to land Harry. She was just a regular college student in dorm rooms, and if her modeling lingeray for a room of people didn't lose her a chance, spearing a piece of lettuce isn't bound to.

Well, I very much doubt Harry would even be attracted to a woman of "extreme high manners". So all of that is a non-starter.

Not the timeline I've heard.

The charity runway show was Spring 2002. William and Catherine already were close pals at that point. William bid on and won Catherine at the "slave auction" in November 2001. I doubt he would of bid on her if she wasn't already in his eye.

Correct...they were already flatmates and friends before this 'fashion' show ever happened.

LaRae

Correct...they were already flatmates and friends before this 'fashion' show ever happened.

LaRae

Friends but not flatmates. They were in dorms until 2003, when they and 2 friends moved into a cottage. She was dating Rupert Finch at the time of the show. Rupert is now married to Lady Natasha Rufus Isaacs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom