Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is TRUE loonytick..
The problem however, may be that if she is habituated to expressing controversial opinions, that is something that must STOP [instantly and permanently] the moment she is engaged to Prince Harry.

Of course. I'm just saying I don't buy that stopping those statements will be so hard for her, especially in a situation where she moves to a society that's already more like what she seems to want.

Like someone else said already, there are a number of examples of strong-minded, independent women (Maxima, for example) adapting well to the practice of exercising "royal neutrality." Being able to be a bigger help to charitable groups than ever before in their lives probably helps scratch that "wanting to make a difference, not just sit back and watch" itch.

Honestly, I think history has shown us that the royals most at risk of speaking out of turn about politics are always those born to the job. And it makes sense, really. Never in their entire lives do they have a chance to just speak as individuals about those things without worrying who can hear, and it must be hard to keep that "steam" from building up and boiling over at some point. Of course, if they're to be successful they also look at the charitable royal work as a way of diverting those impulses, but unlike the spouses who marry in, the blood royals are so used to that kind of thing that it probably takes a little more effort to look at those activities as a good substitute for speaking out.

Other women who became royals have managed to adapt and adjust, however. I'm sure Marie of Denmark, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, Maxima of the Netherlands knew nothing about Royal protocol or the customs of their adopted countries when they first met their husbands. They even had to learn a new language.

So did Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, who was of Cuban descent and probably was ignorant of the culture and history of the country where she is now Grand Duchess. Grace Kelly left a mega career to settle down to Royal life in Monaco as well as having to communicate in French. So did Charlene. At least there won't be language difficulties in Meghan's case, IF she does end up marrying Harry. She may well learn things very quickly. And Maxima, at least, gives me the impression of being a strong and independent woman who wouldn't be afraid to speak out!
Wow, this is very rude to asume she was ignorant of the country!!!! Central America and southamerica study more about European history and geography in the school than americans!

Wow, this is very rude to asume she was ignorant of the country!!!! Central America and southamerica study more about European history and geography in the school than americans!

How is it rude to assume that a person who grew up in New York (she was 3 when her family left Cuba) wouldn't know a lot about a country that is less than 3,000 square km in size and has a population of fewer than 600,000 people?

With her relationship moving swiftly along, Meghan Markle is willing to make sacrifices in the name of love.

The Suits star, who began dating Prince Harry earlier this year, is “head over heels” for the royal and “doing everything she can to make the relationship work,” a friend of the actress tells PEOPLE exclusively. “It’s been an absolute fairy tale for Meghan.”

The couple has been fitting in time with each other when possible, and Markle, 35, made a short trip to London last week to visit her boyfriend, 32.
Read more: Meghan Markle 'Wants a Future with Harry, Says Pal

What would be best is that Meghane, her family and friends from now on say nothing.

her family and friends from now on say nothing.

Yet her half-brother is busily digging the relationships Grave...

Actually, Tom Markle gave a supportive statement about his sister and Harry to a Sun journalist, (at least the journalist said he did,) when this news was first known. The magazine Grazia took this and rehashed it (without interviewing Tom) and in its original form with added bits it's now reappeared in another news outlet.

It's probably because people aren't talking on either side that we are now getting 'friends' and 'sources' being quoted in the latest stories coming out. The media can be very creative!

Last edited:

Yep maybe now we will realize how good the Middletons have been. The one crazy uncle but apart of that no slips.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't think anyone in the family or friends need comment about a very early relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited by a moderator:

The relationship won't be hurt by what a family member say. Although, I think Meghan will probably set them straight.

It's also important to not much attention to unnamed "sources" and silly family members. We been through this with the stories about Catherine, when dating William.

All of this foolishness makes me happy I'm an only child. I would be so angry if my family or friends commented to the press.

I got the impression, when a week or so ago her half sister (or step sister?) made a negative comment about her ..and I think her father and half brother also commented ...seems like more negative from the brother, that they aren't going to be to concerned about her or her relationship being ruined or not.

LaRae

Meghan's mother said 'I'm sorry. I can't say anything' and hasn't.

Her half brother gave a couple of supportive sentences to a Sun reporter when the story broke, and hasn't said anything since.

Same with Meghan's nephew.

Her half sister hasn't given any interviews. What she said was not nice but was taken by reporters from her Facebook Page and made into a story by reporters. She has denied speaking to the Press at all.

Meghan's father has said nothing.

Any tabloid who uses 'a pal' as their source is usually making things up. This happens when there's nothing to write about and no one is talking.

We have to remember her family is being bothered by the press. The press want a story. All they know right now is that Harry and Meghan are dating. There will be plenty of "sources" cited when they need a story. Quotes will be made up.

Again, we have been down this road before.

A lady called Harriet was on MailOnline on Twitter being very excited because the 'Suits' crew and actors were filming in the lobby and the front doors of her building in Toronto. She stated that the filming for the show wraps up on Saturday and they were doing the final scenes as she watched. She wondered whether her two cats would get in the scene!

She wrote 'I was talking to a few crew members who said she (Meghan) was gorgeous and very pleasant. They also said she comes to work with heavy security and were most matter of fact about the whole thing'.

One senior inside security source said: “There have been initial discussions about this matter.

"HRH has made it clear that he believes Miss Markle’s personal safety is paramount and that the behaviour of some elements of the media and press has been grossly unacceptable.

“But in the end it comes down to a matter of cost, who is paying for what. Protecting the Royal Family is a hugely expensive business.”
Read more: Prince Harry: I'll pay for guard to protect Meghan Markle | London Evening Standard

So long as the person hired is discreet and doesn't start knocking people aside if they get too near I don't see that there's any harm in it. If Harry wants to pay for it that's up to him. Meghan has her own security when she's in the US, I think.

Those pictures of them together will be big and it's what everyone is waiting for.

That's it's as serious as the media wants it to be. The way they're going it's sounding more like sex buddies

Funny now Harry supposedly want to hire a retired police officer for when Meghan is in the U.K. but allowed her to walk around Kensington alone just after the press complaint letter which confirmed the relationship. He could have asked someone on his staff to go with her if he was so concerned.

That's it's as serious as the media wants it to be. The way they're going it's sounding more like sex buddies

If it were just sex buddies, he would not have defended her and assumed the romance

I think it's lovely that he wants to protect her, it's passion!

I think everything is a bit more calculate and thought out than we think.
It would not surprise me if an engagement was suddenly announced.
I think the couple have gone through great lengths to make sure they are not photographed together. They have each made multiple trips across the pond and so far we haven't even seen a cell phone photo of the two.
In addition, the KP letter informs us there is a lot more going on behind the scenes that we know of.
Yes, I am going to call it-
The relationship is far more advanced and serious than we think!

I think it's lovely that he wants to protect her, it's passion!

Although she could easily do that herself. She knows how fame works and could easily offord her own bodyguard etc.

I think the couple have gone through great lengths to make sure they are not photographed together. They have each made multiple trips across the pond and so far we haven't even seen a cell phone photo of the two.
In addition, the KP letter informs us there is a lot more going on behind the scenes that we know of.

They will only get engaged this early if she's got a bun in the oven.

I think people are rushing ahead of themselves and don't think it's as serious as the media make it out to be

Although she could easily do that herself. She knows how fame works and could easily offord her own bodyguard etc.

I don't see any problem if Harry want to get a bodyguard for her, he wants to protect her, and he has more conditions, why would not she?

I agree. I bet even on a wedding for next year:flowers:

The studios that she works for would have to provide the security. Harry can also do so with his own funds. The guy have some dough.

I'm thinking Harry feels responsible for the harassment she has received, and doesn't want to let her handle it on her own. Before she lived a relatively low key life for an actress, that's all out of the window now. I think it's a great quality for Harry to have.

I also think they're quite serious, and there's a lot happening bts, I'm looking for Lainey's posts about them, she seems to be quite spot on.

Also, Harry wouldn't have issued that statement, if he didn't have long term plans and intentions with Meghan. That's what the press are going with.

Last edited:
A woman called Harriet tweeted excitedly in the DMOnline Tweet that ’Suits' was filming in the lobby of the building she lives in the other day. She saw Meghan from a distance, said she was quite pretty, and had a few words with the crew. She asked about Meghan and they said she was gorgeous and very pleasant, but also stated that she has heavy security when she comes to work.They were matter of fact about it, Harriet said.

I'm wondering whether, awful as it sounds, she's received death threats? There are some strange people about nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom