The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 07:33 PM
Nobility

The Fail is absolutely pathetic! Amazing that there are people who would actually buy such trash, but to each their own. Well I'm one click that the Fail will not get, I did read the headline and that is more than enough, seriously 'MM's diary as imagined by Claudia...' that's right, imagined by the writer. And there are people who claim to worry about what the tabloids write, it's not the first and won't be the last piece of imagined junk!

Old 06-30-2017, 07:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeT View Post
The Fail is absolutely pathetic! Amazing that there are people who would actually buy such trash, but to each their own. Well I'm one click that the Fail will not get, I did read the headline and that is more than enough, seriously 'MM's diary as imagined by Claudia...' that's right, imagined by the writer. And there are people who claim to worry about what the tabloids write, it's not the first and won't be the last piece of imagined junk!
I'm sorry but as soon as you click to read the headline, they got the click they needed.

You don't have to read it to register. There are other publications out there that publish the news. Mail online is fantasy land.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-30-2017, 07:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I would even go as far as to state that fantasy journalism is a cut above the Fail. I knew by the headline posted in this thread here with the link that its not something I'd waste my time with.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:56 PM
Courtier

So, if Harry and Meghan decide to get married, would they do a Balmoral Scotland wedding for privacy, do a Peter Phillips at Windsor, a classic Abbey wedding, or.....

...elope?
Old 06-30-2017, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
So, if Harry and Meghan decide to get married, would they do a Balmoral Scotland wedding for privacy, do a Peter Phillips at Windsor, a classic Abbey wedding, or........elope?
Would be my choice. Also, would be so pretty, especially if they did it in the wintertime in the snow!

If they did that their street cred would shoot up with me, anyway. Would set the tone for the privacy and normalcy Harry says he wants.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Wouldn't it be something if they went the way of Pippa ..no cameras, private ceremony, except those cameras they kept at a distance??

LaRae
Old 06-30-2017, 09:23 PM
Majesty

Personally I love winter weddings. So romantic! I'm not so sure though that Harry is very fond of the cold, except for skiing. I think Harry's wedding will be televised. That's not necessarily the choice of bride and groom but because most Royal weddings are. It's more likely to be at Windsor's St George, IMO.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:44 PM
Courtier

HM got married in November. No reason for Harry to wait until Spring/summer 2018. It's not like those two are 20 years old, either.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:39 PM
Majesty

Of course it will be televisied and will take place in W Abbey or somewhere in London. it will need to be a big church, and it will be a royal wedding.. that's if it takes place. he's not going to marry on a beach or in the snow.. He's a Prince and a working royal . he's not some random person marrying an actress. He and Meghan will have to fit in with the RF and be seen as working royals.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:39 PM
Majesty

The Queen and Prince Philip's wedding was in a pre TV age though (at least in Britain.) For PR purposes a royal wedding has that feel good touch that advertisers, retailers, TPTB at the Palace like. For that you require warmer weather.

Crowds came out on the streets for the royal wedding in 1947 because devotion to the royal family had grown during the war, and because people were hardier then. Not too many Londoners and others would opt now for sitting on a blanket on icy pavements with nothing but a flask of hot tea to sustain them for hours and hours of waiting. Plus, as I've said, I have a suspicion that Harry is none too fond of cold himself!
Old 06-30-2017, 10:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

They broadcast the Queen's (then Princess Elizabeth) wedding on the radio though. That would of been interesting.

LaRae
Old 06-30-2017, 10:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

How far we've come since the Queen got married eh?

I think a lot of how Harry's wedding will go actually will be up to Harry and Meghan themselves. I would put my money on the ceremony being televised with all the excitement that a royal wedding can drum up but the venue may be a totally different choice than Westminster Abbey. I'd put my money on the wedding being in Windsor. Maybe along the lines of the wedding Sophie and Edward had.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:58 PM
Majesty

Yes, I remember the crackling radio, Richard Dimbleby's hushed tones very well, Pranter and Osipi. (Surely Dimbleby WAS given that job?) Just kidding! It would have been very interesting for those around Britain and the then Empire who couldn't get to London.

However, I'm a child of the age of the visual mediums and imagination can only go so far. I presume Pathe News was on the job filming the occasion, and people saw that at the cinema too.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
How far we've come since the Queen got married eh?

I think a lot of how Harry's wedding will go actually will be up to Harry and Meghan themselves. I would put my money on the ceremony being televised with all the excitement that a royal wedding can drum up but the venue may be a totally different choice than Westminster Abbey. I'd put my money on the wedding being in Windsor. Maybe along the lines of the wedding Sophie and Edward had.
why would it be in Windsosr in a smaller venue?? They wil have some input of course, but its a royal wedding not a private ceremony and they will have to fit in with what is advised by the RF's people. They certainly wont be in some small church in Windsor. Ed and Sophie's wedding was much smaller than usual because it was 1999 and soon after the Diana years and the idea was for the RF to slim things down and not be seen as being so extravagant.. and for Ed as the 4th Royal offspring to marry, to have a smaller ceremony. Harry is the second of 2 children of the future King. he's important in terms of royal duties.. and as such his wedding is not his own.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wouldn't bet my money on that if I were you. But then again, we'll just have to wait and see what happens when the time comes.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:18 AM
Majesty

OH well the sooner its settled and over with, the better... but I don't believe that will happen very soon.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
HM got married in November. No reason for Harry to wait until Spring/summer 2018. It's not like those two are 20 years old, either.
Meghan will work through most of November. I'd be surprised if a wedding even happens in Spring 2018.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Of course it will be televisied and will take place in W Abbey or somewhere in London. It will need to be a big church, and it will be a royal wedding. That's if it takes place. He's not going to marry on a beach or in the snow. He's a Prince and a working royal. He's not some random person marrying an actress. He and Meghan will have to fit in with the RF and be seen as working royals.
Don't be too certain what is coming. Harry has made clear that he and William will be 'modernizing' the monarchy, whatever that means to them.

We can pretty much suppose that Charles will carry on with the royal traditions as established by The Queen and further back, but William and Harry may unravel a lot of that in the context of 'modernizing' the institution. I'd say don't assume anything.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Don't be too certain what is coming. Harry has made clear that he and William will be 'modernizing' the monarchy, whatever that means to them.

We can pretty much suppose that Charles will carry on with the royal traditions as established by The Queen and further back, but William and Harry may unravel a lot of that in the context of 'modernizing' the institution. I'd say don't assume anything.
I can't blame William and Harry for wanting to modernize the monarchy after learning some facts from this forum. Harry's wedding won't be his own, he and his future wife won't have much say about it at all. Reading, that his wife should walk behind him out of protocol etc. There must be many more issues that would make most people go wtf, and these things are protected by the 'royal protocol' tag, so they won't get questioned.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:21 AM
Royal Highness

Reading, that his wife should walk behind him out of protocol etc.
Where did you read that? In reading about Prince Harry for years now and seeing how he treats people he meets and interacts with them, IMO, I seriously doubt that he would want his wife to walk behind him, if anything she will be right at his side. What century are we living in today? He seems like a very loving and caring person who treats all with respect and kindness, walking behind him does not show that.

Closed Thread