The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 03:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

As nice as it is to look at pretty places, I doubt Harry and any potentional wife would have two bases, let alone one newly bought.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Most likely if Harry really wanted to do as Will and Kate did, I'm sure that either the Queen or Charles (depending on who is monarch at the time) will do for Harry as they did with William with Anmer Hall. Something on the Sandringham estate if Harry and Meghan want Norfolk.

I don't see Harry just going out and purchasing a place. Its not something that the British royal family is known to do.
Yeah not for quite some time I don't think....and as you point out, no need for him to buy anything...how many large homes are on that estate still they could pick from?

LaRae

Old 05-29-2017, 04:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Could it be leaked as part of stoking anticipation for a romantic royal wedding. I agree that the Queen normally gifts close married relatives with properties in the country. But what other estates are available that are owned by the crown? If not owned, do you mean the Queen would purchase for Prince Harry @Osipi?
I think it depends on what is available and what a couple wants as far as a residence. The Queen bought Gatcombe Park for Anne and Mark and Sunninghill for Andrew and Sarah but Edward and Sophie live at Bagshot Park which is owned by the Crown Estates.

Quote:
Hopefully, Harry and Meghan are proceeding with caution and pacing themselves. They should probably be counseled by a minister in the church before arriving at a final marriage decision. It could be that if they aren't engaged by August, as speculated, we won't hear of an official announcement until early next year. However, I don't think they would still be together at this point if they did not already have a deep understanding. It probably came together for them on their Norwegian vacation coupled with time they spent together in January and February culminating in Valentine's Day. Meghan shuttered her Tig site sometime around end of March 2016, right?
They'll know themselves when they're ready to announce an engagement, if ever. They've been keeping to themselves, not seeking the public limelight and just taking their sweet time doing things that a couple in a budding relationship do. They're not partying or nightclubbing but rather prefer to be alone "at home" with each other it seems.

Quote:
Overall, your earlier analogy is so lovely and poetic. I can see why your avatar picture is of Walt Whitman.
Actually, my avatar is Ralph Waldo Emerson. He's always been my favorite American transcendentalist essayist of the 19th century. Another one of his quotes could tie in, I think, with Harry and Meghan's relationship as it progresses under the stress and strain of the public, the media and Great Aunt Hortense's cat.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."

Quote:
Still, as I've mentioned previously, I read a non-tabloid article that mentioned HM QE-II will not tolerate any further divorces in her family. She told her older grandchildren to be absolutely certain they are comfortable and compatible with any serious prospective marriage partner. That's exactly what Harry and Meghan are doing … spending a lot of time together in order to be certain of the strength and full commitment of their relationship. Prince Harry also has recent very instructive family history to guide him, as does his brother Prince William. I doubt Meghan and Harry would still be together if they weren't already deeply committed, especially under the circumstances of the intense scrutiny (and especially with Meghan making such obvious definitive career shuttering decisions re Reitmans and her lifestyle blog).
I do think that HM has learned from previous experiences with her family and divorces that its not something she would really care to go through with any of her family in the future and seriously advises taking time to know your partner and experience life together so that the chances of a divorce in the future are much lessened. I don't recall reading that she said she'd never allow a divorce again but rather wouldn't want to see one happen.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Themarriage is going to last or a marriage is going to fail until that marriage actually happens. One would have to have a crystal ball to predict a failed marriage and sadly, ETA: When it comes down to the time where Harry wishes to marry, it will not be up to the entire royal family as a consensus whether he marries the bride of his choice or not. They don't get to tell Harry "no" because she parts her hair on the wrong side to them or things like that.

her Privy Counsel.
No but the queen and the powers that be will have a say, and they are not IMO going to allow a marriage to someone of a different culture, without there being soeme trial of the relationship in a more "real life" situation. Its hard ot say what marriages will work, but the more a couple have in common and the longer they have known each other in day to day life, the better chance they have. HM and Charles wont want to OK a marriage till the couple have had a longer period of knowing each other, and problaby living together discreetly.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:49 PM
Royal Highness

Meghan is such a fun-spirited, happy person:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFaVgfxmBIs/ from May 14, 2016 (pre-Harry)

Since I've practiced calligraphy myself, I love that Meghan's a calligrapher who enjoys hand-written notes and uplifting, inspirational quotes. It's especially sweet that she's known for sharing her inspirations with others.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BL90DstAVre/
The above Instagram quote by F. Scott Fitzgerald is really so very heartening. It's interesting that Meghan has it typewritten which adds so much character...

Here are photos from an August/September 2016 article about Meghan in Miami Living Magazine, which I bet most people are not familiar with since it doesn't pop up via a general Google search:
Meghan Markle, Miami Living Magazine, August 1, 2016 Photos and Images | Getty Images

And here is Meghan's old Instagram post about the feature.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJKu8kggxLG/
The article had been in the works before Meghan met Harry, but was published just before it became publicly gossiped about that she was dating Prince Harry.

And Meghan was featured in Best Health magazine, and on the cover:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEHL0AVmBAz/
Meghan Markle: The Beauty of Balance | Best Health Magazine Canada

Meghan also appeared on the cover of Jumeirah magazine (a travel publication):
https://plus.google.com/+Jumeirah/posts/4SnBwzhgoy5

This lovely portrait drawing was given to Meghan by an artist fan in 2015:
https://www.instagram.com/p/3Fk2hLGBO5/

Yep, Prince Harry is a lucky guy.

Ha ha, I was just thinking that the eventual story of their romance should be entitled:

When Harry Met Rachel...

Now, if the tabloids start printing clickbait articles titled "When Harry Met Meghan," filled with information about their astrological compatibility/ differences, then we can bet that the tabs and paps surf Internet forum sites for fodder to dish about this happy and very private couple.

I wish M&H the best luck and the greatest happiness!
Old 05-29-2017, 05:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
No but the queen and the powers that be will have a say, and they are not IMO going to allow a marriage to someone of a different culture, without there being soeme trial of the relationship in a more "real life" situation. Its hard ot say what marriages will work, but the more a couple have in common and the longer they have known each other in day to day life, the better chance they have. HM and Charles wont want to OK a marriage till the couple have had a longer period of knowing each other, and problaby living together discreetly.
Its my understanding that the only things that would prevent a blessing by the monarch on a family member's wish to marry would be if it went totally against the Church of England of which the monarch is the Supreme Governor of and something in the bride's background that would be detrimental to the monarchy and British interest. British royals have been marrying outside of their "culture" for centuries.

When it comes to the "aye" or "nay" of Harry's marriage, Charles isn't involved at all and doesn't give his assent to the marriage other than that of being Harry's father. The Queen's assent with the advice of her Privy Council is not in any way related to what culture they think is right or wrong, whether the bride is too old or too young or anything other than what would effect the monarchy as I stated earlier. In this regard, we need to separate Elizabeth's role in the whole thing from being Harry's grandmother. This procedure is part of her duties as the monarch.

So far, I think Harry and Meghan are doing a pretty good job of "getting to know" each other and when they are together, for the most part, they are together in private and time will tell how the relationship develops. As I see it though, there is absolutely nothing that would bar a marriage between these two.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I think it depends on what is available and what a couple wants as far as a residence. The Queen bought Gatcombe Park for Anne and Mark and Sunninghill for Andrew and Sarah but Edward and Sophie live at Bagshot Park which is owned by the Crown Estates.
Actually, my avatar is Ralph Waldo Emerson. He's always been my favorite American transcendentalist essayist of the 19th century. Another one of his quotes could tie in, I think, with Harry and Meghan's relationship as it progresses under the stress and strain of the public, the media and Great Aunt Hortense's cat.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."...
Ah, thanks for the clarification and further details about homes the Queen previously bestowed upon her family.

I wasn't sure that your avatar was Whitman. It seems to resemble him. But I figured that it was of a literary figure. And it also made me think at first that you are male. Now, I know differently. There should probably be a gender indicator symbol next to our avatars.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Ha ha, I was just thinking that the eventual story of their romance should be entitled:

When Harry Met Rachel...

Now, if the tabloids start printing clickbait articles titled "When Harry Met Meghan," filled with information about their astrological compatibility/ differences, then we can bet that the tabs and paps surf Internet forum sites for fodder to dish about this happy and very private couple.

I wish M&H the best luck and the greatest happiness!
I just had a scathingly, brilliant idea that would really, really make Meghan look like the perfect bride for Harry. Just have TV channels keep rerunning all the old, past episodes of the show that was on not too long back ago called "I Want To Marry Harry". The show was so stupid it was hilarious. All these women competing to win over "Prince Harry" and none of them had a clue whatsoever what the "real" Harry looked like.

Lo and behold! The episodes are on YouTube if you really need a good laugh.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
So are you saying that they should be dating for something like five years, like William and Kate? If so, she would be 40 by the time they got married.

These two are older than W&K were when they begun dating. They have been around the block, and back. If you also take into consideration that at least one of them (Harry) said that he wants kids, they will probably get married next year or go separate ways very soon.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
These two are older than W&K were when they begun dating. They have been around the block, and back. If you also take into consideration that at least one of them (Harry) said that he wants kids, they will probably get married next year or go separate ways very soon.
Excellent point. These are two adults in their thirties not college students.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:38 PM
Majesty

Don't know if this was posted

Quote:
The couple spent just four hours at the black tie bash at Bucklebury Manor, the Middletons’ Berkshire home, before quietly slipping away to London.

A wedding insider said “It was very much a case of an early night for Harry and Meghan. While other guests revelled until 4am, they left at midnight.

“Meghan is a really lovely girl. I was quite surprised how shy and softly spoken she was. They look really sweet together – really comfortable in each other’s company and very happy.”
Read more: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry left Pippa Middleton's wedding early to be together | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Old 05-29-2017, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

Midnight is considered an early night?

If they really had to drive back to London, with Meghan due to fly home the following day, it seems like they stayed quite a while.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:22 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Midnight is early compared to the other guests, who stayed until 4. It's all relative.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Yes indeed it was posted here a few pages ago. And I already commented how if Meghan seemed 'shy,' it was probably due to her feeling all eyes on her and thus behaving a bit reserved, as would be normal. Meghan Markle is not a shy person at all, from what I can detect. Do people pay any attention to linked videos, clips, interviews, etc?

Does Meghan's confidence and articulateness in the below videos strike anyone as coming from a person who is somehow shy? I doubt it! Meghan is on the other hand, IMO, very sweet, kind, feminine, down-to-earth, soft-spoken, positive, full of energy, and fun-loving:

"... I am proud to be a woman and a feminist..."

Old 05-29-2017, 09:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I just had a scathingly, brilliant idea that would really, really make Meghan look like the perfect bride for Harry. Just have TV channels keep rerunning all the old, past episodes of the show that was on not too long back ago called "I Want To Marry Harry". The show was so stupid it was hilarious. All these women competing to win over "Prince Harry" and none of them had a clue whatsoever what the "real" Harry looked like.

Lo and behold! The episodes are on YouTube if you really need a good laugh.

Ha! Seeing that prompted me to look it up on Wikipedia... it was filmed at Englefield House.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:57 PM
Royal Highness

^^ Yes, I'd heard that about the series having been filmed at Englefield House, and it was mentioned in some of the articles about Pippa's wedding, I believe. A lot of silly girls on that silly show, but somewhat fun to watch I suppose. I've only seen a few clips and promos.

Getting back to Meghan and Harry, a lot of people wonder how Meghan will be styled upon possible marriage to Prince Harry. Of course, she would automatically become Princess Henry of Wales. If the Sussex dukedom is bestowed upon Harry, perhaps Meghan will be officially known as Rachel Meghan, Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex. But informally she will likely be referred to as Duchess Meghan, and called 'Meghan' by close family and friends, as always.

She might subsequently sign her name as: Rachel Meghan Sussex, or Rachel Meghan Wales, or perhaps simply Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor. Of course an engagement would have to come first.

I'm basing the above suppositions on this article about Duchess Kate's designations:
Why It's Not Princess Catherine - What to Call Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge
Old 05-29-2017, 10:20 PM
Majesty

I actually watched this series. Yes, it was silly but amusing! The girls were flown over to England and told they were going to meet a VIP of some sort. When they saw 'Harry' they knew who he was.

After a couple of episodes scepticism kicked in with several and they started questioning his identity. I remember one girl looking at Matthew's nose from the side. He lacked Prince Harry's 'ski-run' effect in profile and she remarked on it. It certainly didn't come as any surprise to the winner that Matthew wasn't a Prince, but they met several times afterwards apparently. I think most of the contestants got the picture after a little while and just played along.

After all, if you have any common sense you'd know that an extremely eligible prince wouldn't need to go on a dating show to find a bride. It was just a bit of fun though.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Rumors are that Harry and Meghan want a house in Norfolk, not far from the Cambridges.

Two potential choices are:

Prince Harry house hunting in Norfolk for loveliest for him and Meghan | Daily Star

I prefer Twyford Hall, it is more attractive.
I posted this last page. I included a link to the real estate information to both, and a few others in the area

The lure of the East - Country Life

Quote:
^^ Yes, I'd heard that about the series having been filmed at Englefield House, and it was mentioned in some of the articles about Pippa's wedding, I believe. A lot of silly girls on that silly show, but somewhat fun to watch I suppose. I've only seen a few clips and promos.

Getting back to Meghan and Harry, a lot of people wonder how Meghan will be styled upon possible marriage to Prince Harry. Of course, she would automatically become Princess Henry of Wales. If the Sussex dukedom is bestowed upon Harry, perhaps Meghan will be officially known as Rachel Meghan, Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex. But informally she will likely be referred to as Duchess Meghan, and called 'Meghan' by close family and friends, as always.

She might subsequently sign her name as: Rachel Meghan Sussex, or Rachel Meghan Wales, or perhaps simply Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor. Of course an engagement would have to come first.

I'm basing the above suppositions on this article about Duchess Kate's designations:
Why It's Not Princess Catherine - What to Call Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge

It's obvious now why Kate is called by her given name, Catherine. Since there have been other British queens named Catherine, upon William's accession to the throne, Kate will be known as Her Majesty Queen Consort Catherine VI of Great Britain. There are no past British queens named Rachel, but it is an ancient, biblical name that is found in some aristocratic families.
She won't officially be known as Rachel Meghan.....Not unless they get divorced. She will be Hrh Duchess of X. Like Kate. What the media calls her is another matter. She won't be Rachel again unless 1 they divorce 2 she is widowed and the monarch allows her to go by Princess Rachel when her possible son marries.

Nor could she sign it Rachel Wales. As soon as Harry is made a Duke, he will no longer be of Wales. Like William is now William Cambridge.

Catherine will have no number. Nor have the word consort in her title. She will simply be Queen Catherine. Only reigning monarchs have a numerical. The queen mother was not Queen consort Elizabeth III (possibly IV as two English Woodville and York, one Scottish ) she was simply queen Elizabeth.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Oh the media..they've had Harry house hunting for over a year at least.

LaRae
To be fair, I'm 95% sure that the "Harry's looking at a house" stories are based on press "leaks" (is it really a leak if it's made up?) from the estate agents who are selling the houses in question.

Basically, it's a way to get high-value homes free international advertising.

Regarding the Sandringham Estate and the housing stock therein, their website states:
Quote:
There are over 150 residential, commercial and agricultural properties on The Sandringham Estate. We frequently have properties available for rental across 11 villages, from Wolferton across to Bircham. These are let to tenants on Assured Shorthold Tenancies.
https://www.sandringhamestate.co.uk/...te/properties/
I can't help noticing the anti-feline prejudice.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

However as already pointed out why would he need to buy a house? He has access to several from the way it sounds on the property already owned by the BRF...as William did.

LaRae

Closed Thread