The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 12:58 PM
Serene Highness

This was Pippa's and her husband's wedding, and they decided on the wedding list. Imo at the actual wedding were family and friends, as they had to keep the numbers to a limit. I read, that James' brother's girlfriend wasn't invited either, so I think had Meghan been invited, it would've forced Pippa and James to invite 10+ other plus ones, and there simply wasn't room for that.

This speaks nothing about how serious Harry and Meghan are or aren't, this wasn't a wedding of their close friends, or family, and they weren't the concern of the marrying couple.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Just wondering, but is there anyone in here who thinks that this time Harry hit the jackpot? The media always tries to make out that these girls are oh so lucky to be dating a Prince, but with Meghan I feel she has herself together so muh that Harry is the one who lucked out.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Just wondering, but is there anyone in here who thinks that this time Harry hit the jackpot? The media always tries to make out that these girls are oh so lucky to be dating a Prince, but with Meghan I feel she has herself together so muh that Harry is the one who lucked out.
I agree with you. To me, it seems like the both of them came together at the right time in their lives, at the right place and seem to perfectly compliment each other. There may be a lot we don't know about this couple but from what we've been able to see, they go together like peanut butter and jelly.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:41 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think it would be a problem for Meghan to give up her career. She even said that she has difficulty getting good roles because of her ethnicity, for some roles she is too white, for others too black ... In her interviews it seems that what matters most to her is social work and she will continue Doing, even more than now. And I agree, for me they are very serious, Harry is no longer a boy and he is crazy to start a family.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm glad that Meghan got to attend the wedding reception in the end. I read somewhere that it was her own choice not to attend the service but she was invited, is this true? The press will be speculating about this matter so I can never trust them.
It was really sweet of Harry to drive her there. He seems like a considerate soul.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-21-2017, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I'm glad that Meghan got to attend the wedding reception in the end. I read somewhere that it was her own choice not to attend the service but she was invited, is this true? The press will be speculating about this matter so I can never trust them.
It was really sweet of Harry to drive her there. He seems like a considerate soul.
I don't think we will ever know for sure. I doubt any of those that know will tell the press.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I don't think we will ever know for sure. I doubt any of those that know will tell the press.

Yes, I think that is the more truthful answer.

Old 05-21-2017, 02:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I don't think it was true, why would she be invited to a ceremony of people she doesn't know when the church already has limited space?
Old 05-21-2017, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
I don't think it was true, why would she be invited to a ceremony of people she doesn't know when the church already has limited space?

Exactly. And furthermore, as already mentioned, why mention it to the press? It seems like a 'tasteless' thing to say to the press and I can't imagine Meghan ringing them up to inform them. So I think we can safely answer "probably not" to my question.

Old 05-21-2017, 02:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I have no idea if Harry has hit the jackpot or not, because I know nothing about Meghan personally, much less as a girlfriend or a prospective wife. What I seem to notice is that his relationship with Meghan is not particularly popular among the British public. I also think they haven't been dating for a long time and that it is not wise to rush into long-term commitments like marriage.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I absolutely do. I think, that she hits all the right spots perfectly for him, personality wise, looks wise, her career and education. And I think they met at the right time in their lives, too.

Eta: what part of British public is this relationship not popular among? Where is this poll posted, because I wasn't asked, and I've not read anything that suggests about the popularity of this relationship.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I absolutely do. I think, that she hits all the right spots perfectly for him, personality wise, looks wise, her career and education. And I think they met at the right time in their lives, too.

Eta: what part of British public is this relationship not popular among? Where is this poll posted, because I wasn't asked, and I've not read anything that suggests about the popularity of this relationship.
Probably the Daily Mail and its commenters
Old 05-21-2017, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I have no idea if Harry has hit the jackpot or not, because I know nothing about Meghan personally, much less as a girlfriend or a prospective wife. What I seem to notice is that his relationship with Meghan is not particularly popular among the British public.

That could be simply because Meghan is the current girlfriend.

When Chelsy was dating Harry, she came in for lots of criticism. But as soon as they broke up, there was only praise.
Same with Cressida. She (and her family) got slammed almost as much as the Middletons, but as soon as she and Harry split up, she became the perfect one that got away.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:52 PM
Nobility

Pippa Middleton wedding: Is Prince Harry about to PROPOSE to Meghan Markle? | Daily Star

This article is important because it says that Harry and Meghan made the decision together for her not to attend the ceremony because if she had the attention would have been on her/them instead of Pippa. And this was Pippa's big day.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think that would of already happened if they both didn't have the same or similar views.

LaRae
I agree, at their age, they aren't going to play around. Especially Meghan. It's not like in your twenties when you date for fun, and hope perhaps the other person may change their mind on things. In your thirties you know what you want in life and a partner. And if your partner doesn't want the same thing, you won't simply waste time. They will have discussed marriage and kids, even if not close to bring ready. Even if they don't get engaged for a year, no point putting time and work into a relationship you don't see going the full.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This article also comes from the Star which is a tabloid known for not so bright "credible sources" feeding them.

Of course if the tabloids make stuffs up, anyone is free to believe what they dish out. I personally don't and avoid links to the Star, the Sun, the Daily Fail and other publications blowing smoke out of their nether regions.

A good credible source would be to look to Kensington Palace for an announcement. That's what I'll wait for.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:00 PM
Majesty

Out of curiosity, I have been reading the official explanatory notes for the Succession to the Crown Act 2013 and here is what it says about consent to royal marriages:

Quote:

19.Subsection (1) provides that any of the first six people in the line of succession to the Crown must obtain the consent of Her Majesty prior to their marriage. This effects a substantial decrease from the number of people affected by the Royal Marriages Act 1772. The recent practice under that Act is for Ministers to be informed of a proposed marriage of a person close in the succession to the Throne, and to have the opportunity of giving formal advice to Her Majesty as to whether consent should be given. The Government expects this practice to continue.

Source: Succession to the Crown Act 2013
So there seems to be official confirmation that ministers must be previously informed of Prince Harry's intention to marry and that the Queen should seek advice from the government before consenting to the marriage or not.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes until we hear it from the horses mouth I don't believe anything. And in this case, the horses mouth would be KP and then likely an interview like the Cambridges to announce.

No one that knows Harry and his intentions to propose would speak to tabloids.

As we have seen with other royal couples, and with Harry in previous, never count chickens before they hatch.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
This article also comes from the Star which is a tabloid known for not so bright "credible sources" feeding them.

Of course if the tabloids make stuffs up, anyone is free to believe what they dish out. I personally don't and avoid links to the Star, the Sun, the Daily Fail and other publications blowing smoke out of their nether regions.

A good credible source would be to look to Kensington Palace for an announcement. That's what I'll wait for.
KP, CH and BP will be the best source for any announcement. We all have to wait for them to say something when the couple is ready.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-21-2017, 03:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

Well, you're not going to get that so you might as well forget it.

Closed Thread