Thank you, Dman!

Old 05-20-2017, 08:09 PM
Heir Apparent

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/360836...leton-wedding/
Old 05-20-2017, 08:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
Yeah, I think you're reaching. Once again, they weren't saying Meghan (or The Cambridges) would actually be at Anmer Hall..merely that it was a possibility. That's not the same as making a false claim.
And I think you are excusing. Some might think tabloids regurgitating each others fabrications and putting their own little spin on things is fine. But I won't justify it.

For example, Back in September 2015, the Sun falsely claimed James Middleton and Donna Air split. People Magazine jumped on the bandwagon - as you can see in this tweet https://twitter.com/people/status/647193821890150400.

Then the couple issued a statement saying they never split. People magazine quickly deleted their original article (though they left the twitter link up, oopsie ). Then they wrote a new article talking about how the couple never split and they took some digs at some of the media that had reported the story, conveniently ignoring their own now deleted article.

They swim in the gutter while pretending to be above the other rags. If it walks like a tabloid, and talks like a tabloid..

I'm a little tired of this topic but if you want to continue this discussion it should probably be in the royals and the media thread, as I think our debating the merits of People Magazine has become off topic in this thread.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
They look happy.

Personally, I'm on team "she was invited but decided not to go". Primarily because according to Rebecca English, all of her sources *but* the ones connected Meghan were saying she'd be at the ceremony, but the ones connected to Meghan were saying reception only.

Further, I strongly suspect she opted to skip the ceremony because of the attention thing. Not in an "I don't want to draw attention from the bride" way but more in an "I don't want to sit in a single seat for an hour and have people stare at me" way.

Lainey from ETalk did a podcast earlier this month with one of her contributors/friends, who mentioned that she had a friend who'd been at Soho House in Toronto with Meghan, and people were openly gawking at her. Like, not eating their food, just staring at her the whole time. Lainey Gossip Sasha Answers: Dinner with Meghan Markle & Is "No Ring, No Bring" Actually a Thing?

This is notable for two reasons: one, Toronto has a justified reputuation for being chill about celebrities; Meghan's talked before about how easy it is to live there because people leave her alone even when they recognize her. And two: at Soho House, you're expected to be cool about the other people there.

So if in the most "don't look at me" place she goes (which she's talked about as a haven) she's still getting stared at and people aren't eating their food, I can't imagine her existence is very comfortable at the moment. TBH, from the reports coming out of Toronto, it really doesn't sound like she's enjoying the attention.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:45 PM
Royal Highness

Looks like the Sun got the money shot. Curious about more pictures possibly coming out.

As for being stared at, any woman dating a senior British royal is going to get this treatment. If Harry were 10th in line to the throne his love life would not get a lot of ink and clicks. What ups the curiosity ante is Meghan is an American, a divorcee, a woman of color, and a practitioner of the Jewish faith according to some reports. To have a woman with this kind of background possibly marrying into the BRF has some significance in history making and putting on a new image of the British monarchy. For that reason the stares are going to be more intense. If there were an engagement announcement the media would go into hyper-drive with questions about a woman with
a diverse heritage and her potential impact.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
And I think you are excusing. Some might think tabloids regurgitating each others fabrications and putting their own little spin on things is fine. But I won't justify it.

For example, Back in September 2015, the Sun falsely claimed James Middleton and Donna Air split. People Magazine jumped on the bandwagon - as you can see in this tweet https://twitter.com/people/status/647193821890150400.

Then the couple issued a statement saying they never split. People magazine quickly deleted their original article (though they left the twitter link up, oopsie ). Then they wrote a new article talking about how the couple never split and they took some digs at some of the media that had reported the story, conveniently ignoring their own now deleted article.

They swim in the gutter while pretending to be above the other rags. If it walks like a tabloid, and talks like a tabloid..

I'm a little tired of this topic but if you want to continue this discussion it should probably be in the royals and the media thread, as I think our debating the merits of People Magazine has become off topic in this thread.

Ha. You brought it up and were wrong. But I'm more than willing to drop the discussion. Not interested in further debate.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:27 PM
Courtier

I don't think she was ever invited to the ceremony for the simple fact that it makes no sense to sent out an invitation to a small wedding at a small venue to a stranger.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
He's certainly got a big smile too!

LaRae
Old 05-20-2017, 09:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Finally a picture! They are smiling and look happy.Their turn next
Old 05-20-2017, 10:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Finally a picture! They are smiling and look happy.Their turn next.
That's what I was thinking. I think Prince Harry is doing the full-court-press with her (getting her invited to the wedding is part of that, I think). I wish him well, and rather hope she will agree. She will make a gorgeous bride, both because she is very agreeable to look at and because she has such style herself. We shall see.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Finally a picture! They are smiling and look happy.Their turn next
You can barely see anything.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
You can barely see anything.
My thoughts exactly!
Old 05-20-2017, 10:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I see nice makeup and sparkling earrings on Meghan and a nice smile on Prince Harry. It is not much---but it is enough😊
Old 05-20-2017, 11:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sparkling earrings and a smile are a sign they are next

Gabriela and Eugenie dates were the same. Well maybe one of them will be next. Honestly Gabriela seems most likely to be next.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Sparkling earrings and a smile are a sign they are next

Gabriela and Eugenie dates were the same. Well maybe one of them will be next. Honestly Gabriela seems most likely to be next.
Um...no. Me saying "they're next" is clearly my wish for the couple.😎
Old 05-20-2017, 11:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Picture is no big deal. Meghan is in shadow and there is a glare that makes her barely visible.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:46 PM
Serene Highness

So now that there's a pic, is it enough proof that she was there? Or is the picture too grainy to be trusted? I like that this couple are doing things their way, and being as low key as possible too. Imo both go for great lengths to see each other, appreciate each other, and respect each other. I love it.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
The Windsor theory is more plausible; I had no idea of the geography of Berkshire?) so put out the hotel idea, but I would think that a comfy afternoon at the family castle would be more in the Prince's scheme of things for his Meghan.
Maybe Harry prevailed upon the Yorks and had Meghan stay at Royal Lodge. Princess Eugenie was, after all, a guest at the wedding, and Harry has always been on good terms with them. The Yorks might have even hosted Harry and Meghan at Chalet Helora.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The reception after the wedding is being held on the church grounds itself in a marquee. The evening party is slated to be in the "crystal palace" which is on the Middleton's estate.

Harry may have picked up Meghan to drive her to the church grounds reception.
I think the fact that the villagers were allowed way in front of the media to watch the arrival of the guests and the bride really says how well the Middleton's are accepted as part of the village. On the same theme, both William and Harry managed to disappear into the guests with ease which shows how relaxed both are around the Middleton clan.

I'm a bit dubious about the report that had Harry had to do a 100 mile round trip to KP and back to pick up Meghan. Two things come to mind;

1. Leaving her safely at the Middleton's home, as previously reported was perfectly sensible and also makes me think she went to the reception because by then the family, friends and media had all seen the bride in all her beauty and her presence at the Reception wouldn't detract from the bridal couple.

2. It would be rude of Harry to skip the Wedding Reception having been invited to the wedding. Moreover, the reception would be the perfect opportunity to meet more of Harry's friends. It's a bit hard to meet new people and remember their faces, let alone their names in a crowded evening bash with the music rocking and the lights strobing.