The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 05:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I've been reading all these articles on the fact that Meghan has been invited to all of Pippa's wedding events.

I'm wondering if the couple are already secretly engaged? What on earth could explain the sudden change then?
If the groom's brother cannot bring his own girlfriend, how is it a friend of the bride can bring his girlfriend.
I'm thinking the couple will announce their engagement early summer with Meghan traveling with Harry to Africa in the fall.

We have no idea what she is invited to I'm sure Pippa isn't talking to the DM and neither is Meghan.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Markle's sis told Inside Edition: "I see Meghan and [Prince] Harry as definitely getting married."

Meghan Markle's Sister Says Royal Wedding Is 'Definite' | CafeMom

Ugh I'm so tired of her....go away....just give her the money so she can shut up!

Old 05-11-2017, 11:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Osipi.. Lord Fermoy was merely a minor Peer, not a Prince of the Realm.

That said, if Ms Markle is the Harry's desired wife, and acceptable to his family and a RADICAL change of life is alright by Ms Markel, then 'who am I to judge'. I'll wish them well..
It wasn't about Lord Fermoy but rather that Harry's 2nd cousin, 1 time removed is actually a successful American actor also.

I do agree with you that should Meghan decide to start a life with Harry, as his life is pretty much plotted out for him that she'll have to leave behind any commercial ventures and professional acting but perhaps that is what she feels is an advantage. To work on the global world stage with Harry and who knows, perhaps find ways in charitable work to promote drama as an art form with kids to build confidence.

Sometimes a road we take in life is just to provide experience for a different road that we never planned on or thought existed.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Ugh I'm so tired of her....go away....just give her the money so she can shut up!
If Harry & Meghan do get engaged and marry, it will unfortunately get worse. The media will want her to comment on every milestone in their lives whether she knows anything about it or not. And if they break up, I'm sure she'll have a lot to say about that too. Being American, she will not give a toss if Harry's family requests that she not talk to the media. Like you said, only money will shut her up, so hopefully the BRF is willing to pay up.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post

Never pay an extortionist, because they won't shut up and go away.
They'll always be back for more.

IF there is a wedding, send a message and don't invite her.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Unfortunately, Meghan's half sister who is reported to not actively being involved in Meghan's life in any way, is the black sheep of the family that loves to bleat about things she doesn't really know about but pretends to. Its just the fact that she has the connection of being Meghan's half sister that tabloid columnists rely on for readers to believe what comes out of her mouth.

I'm sure Meghan is aware of this and if there is a wedding, I'd be very, very surprised if Samantha was invited. Obvious outcome from that would be Samantha bleating to the press how her "dear" half sister couldn't even see to fly her to the UK to participate in her "dear" sister's most important day.

Some people are like that. Some people believe people like that. I'm glad we know better.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Never pay an extortionist, because they won't shut up and go away.
They'll always be back for more.

IF there is a wedding, send a message and don't invite her.
As things appear to be now between them I would think she would not be invited. But I would not put it past some tabloid to send her to London during the (possible) wedding festivities hoping to stir up drama, or at least stage sad-faced photo-ops at the church, reception venue, etc.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Shhhhhhh... lets not go giving the tabloids any bright ideas.

If my memory serves me at all today, I seem to remember the press making a big deal out of Sarah not being invited to Will & Kate's wedding and she was the groom's aunt.

It would be nice to have Samantha Grant quietly fade away into the Florida sunset but I have a sneaking suspicion that just ain't gonna happen.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Shhhhhhh... lets not go giving the tabloids any bright ideas.

If my memory serves me at all today, I seem to remember the press making a big deal out of Sarah not being invited to Will & Kate's wedding and she was the groom's aunt.
Well, to be fair, Sarah herself fanned that flame quite a bit. She even whined about it in an interview with Oprah Winfrey shortly after the wedding. Which was a prime example of the behavior that prevents her from being invited to such things...

But yes, this sister will talk to anyone who'll listen, and she'll find more and more to say as long as money is dangled in front of her. So let's not encourage anyone to give her that money!
Old 05-11-2017, 03:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It wasn't about Lord Fermoy but rather that Harry's 2nd cousin, 1 time removed is actually a successful American actor also.
Lord Fermoy is not a royal, so the comparison doesn't apply IMHO. The fact that Prince Harry is (matrilineally) related to him is not relevant as far as Lord Fermoy's private life is concerned.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Let's be honest.. calling Meghan D-list is straight up just a way to insult her. "D-list" means people on reality television; it in no way reflects her level of accomplishment or fame.
If I wanted to insult the woman you would know it. A D list actress is nothing like a reality star mostly because reality stars aren't serious actors. I call Meghan D list because that is what her level of fame appears like to me. I am comparing her to the A list actresses like Scarlett a Johansson or Angelina. I would concede in calling her possibly C list but nothing above that. Apparently Suits is an ensemble show and I don't know her ranking among the other cast; is she top billing, second, third?
I like Meghan and have no reason to insult her, shes a working actress, and hearing about how much she gets paid an episode I would say she is a very successful working actress.
And I think Meghan is prettier than Giselle.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't believe this thread is here to discuss the "fame" level of actresses and actors and butchers and bakers and candlestick makers. The only thing that is relevant here is Meghan's relationship with Harry. Her interests and her accomplishments are relevant as they show common ground for the relationship.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:19 PM
Serene Highness

I just think she has a right to live her life as she sees fit; since she is not a member of the Rr, no is she British, she is not required to live life like a nun or like a royal, eschewing any opportunities that may come her way. She has a right to run naked down the Mall if she sees fit. I think she should enjoy this for as long as it lasts and frankly if she gets the ring, good for her. If not then she has earned a lot of press coverage and I am certain that there shouldn't be problems with her enjoying life all the more as is her basic human right.

I am not attacking anyone on this forum I just resent how her 'hustle' is disparaged.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Harry is going to marry Meghan and he couldn't careless what anyone that doesn't like it has to say. And his grandmother will not deny his request if he hasn't made it already which I think he has and they are already engaged!

So, all these objections and negativity is pointless no matter where it comes from.
I am just wondering what kind of ring he will give her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I've been reading all these articles on the fact that Meghan has been invited to all of Pippa's wedding events.

I'm wondering if the couple are already secretly engaged? What on earth could explain the sudden change then?
If the groom's brother cannot bring his own girlfriend, how is it a friend of the bride can bring his girlfriend. 🤔
I'm thinking the couple will announce their engagement early summer with Meghan traveling with Harry to Africa in the fall.
My feeling is that because Harry is royalty, the rules don't apply. Also, I am not sure I believe the "no ring no bring" policy. The only place I have read it is the Daily Smell. Is there a better source I have missed that reported this?
Old 05-11-2017, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Aristocat, just to make sure, I do not disparage Meghan anything; I like the girl and I admire her work ethic. I just know there are some who think a royal marrying anyone associated with the entertainment industry is lowering themselves.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Aristocat, just to make sure, I do not disparage Meghan anything; I like the girl and I admire her work ethic. I just know there are some who think a royal marrying anyone associated with the entertainment industry is lowering themselves.
She not just an actress, but a successful kind and giving person. She's also smart as a whip. There's still more to learn about her as well. We really don't get to know more about royal girlfriends until things become official. We're still learning more about Catherine after a decade and some. It's about giving these young ladies a chance. People can't just write her off because she's an actress. It's all about what Harry wants anyway.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-11-2017, 10:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
That opinion just shows how shallow and inept some people are to believe that associating 'with the entertainment industry is lowering..'. Anyhow what counts is the opinion of the person involved in the relationship and in this case HRH Prince Henry of Wales thinks and acts way above those with their irrelevant opinions.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Actually when we stop to think about it, the shallow concept that consorting with the people in the entertainment business is lowering is right along the lines of believing that mental health issues are a stigma and never to be talked about.

I think Harry is doing a good job dispelling both of these concepts and bringing things down to earth as he goes about his life just being Harry.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:02 PM
Majesty

The DM covers all the bases in this article

Prince Harry & Meghan Markle engagement could be imminent | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-12-2017, 10:07 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The more bases you cover, the more chances you have to say "Haha, we were right!" in the future