The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 09:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
If these two are not engaged already, which I think they are but have not announced it yet, they soon will be.

Meghan has been seen with Harry at his best friend's wedding, now this match, and she'll be at Pippa's wedding.

This relationship has gone way past the, "is it serious stage" folks!
I agree. I think they've been engaged for quite some time. I also believe wedding plans are underway. Just nothing publicized yet.

Old 05-07-2017, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

The fantasies some people create are baffling.

Old 05-07-2017, 10:11 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyT View Post
Oh boy. The MM PR machine is in full effect.
Ha ha, nope, I just think Meghan Markle is the bee's knees, with or without Prince Harry. And I'm quite sure Harry is fully aware of how special Meghan is. I'm happy for both of them, and I think they are both kind-hearted and caring people.

It's interesting that there is so much out there publicly about Meghan due to her high public profile as an actor, humanitarian, lifestyle blogger and fashion savvy lady. The information that is readily available publicly is quite unusual for someone who is seriously dating a member of the British royal family. For example, I didn't even know what Kate Middleton's voice sounded like until her engagement interview with Prince William. Meanwhile, there are some very revealing pre-Harry interviews available with Meghan, as well as her fun Instagram pictures and her former lifestyle blog. She inspires people, whether or not she captured the eye and heart of Prince Harry, the world's most eligible bachelor.

This thread is about Prince Harry's relationship, and he is currently in a serious relationship with Meghan Markle. Why should there be a problem sharing entertaining and revealing information about her? Whatever is out there has already happened, as Meghan isn't currently giving interviews. She closed down her lifestyle blog and she rarely if ever posts now on her Instagram. She may soon make it private or close it completely.

It's not pr to post previous interviews and fashion-related videos. I doubt that any amount of positive celebration and sharing by admirers like me is going to influence or impact the way Harry and Meghan already feel about each other. And what the public thinks doesn't matter much either to what Harry feels in his heart nor to what he and she are going to decide going forward. If at some point they feel pr is warranted regarding their relationship, it's certainly not going to come from me.

An entertaining chat with Meghan in 2013, on the set of Suits:

Cover shoot for Splash magazine in 2014:
Old 05-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

I think some people see old interviews that are posted places and leap to the conclusion that Meghan is currently actively courting publicity when in fact she has pretty much closed things down.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What the old clips and videos and interviews tell me most is that Meghan had a full and rewarding life before she ever set eyes on Harry. Finding and winning the heart of a man that has a full and rewarding life also is the proverbial icing on the cake if you ask me.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
William and Kate got engaged sometime in October 2010, announced mid-November 2010. At most they were privately engaged for six weeks. Not "a couple months plus". (It was also reported at the time of the engagement the official announcement was postponed slightly because Kate's grandfather died early November).

Let's try and not exaggerate things to make our own points seem more plausible.

I did not know the exact time frame that they were engaged. It was years ago to recall that exactly. It was not an intent to exaggerate. Come on!

The important point is that Wills and Kate were engaged secretly prior to announcing it. If they can do it Harry and Meghan can too. It's not exactly nonsense.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I wonder a bit about the demographics of commenters and how that might impact their view of the speed of the relationship. Which is to say, what do people who've fallen in love and settled down in their 20s (in a lasting marriage) think of it vs people who did so in their 30s or 40s vs people who're still in their 20s, 30s & 40s and single.

Personally, it doesn't seem that far out to me, but I moved in with my husband nine months after we started dating and at that point we were 8 weeks pregnant with our (planned) daughter. I was 35.
Good point hel. My husband and I became engaged 9 months after we began dating and married 6 months later just days before I celebrated my 35th birthday. I was pregnant with our first 9 months after our wedding date.

Quote:
Yep...I am betting on a Spring/Summer wedding 2018 also. Engagement (announced) this fall/winter.
Agreed.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

As far as being engaged before any public announcement had been made, I actually had to laugh as I remembered winning a copy here of Katie Nicholl's book "William and Harry" back in 2010. In the book, Nicholl stated that William and Kate had secretly agreed they were to marry years before the fact and all I could think of is "How the heck would she know what two people talked about privately?".

Personally, I was hoping for a secret elopement to Vegas and being married by an Elvis impersonator. That would have been "the bee's knees".
Old 05-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Good point hel. My husband and I became engaged 9 months after we began dating and married 6 months later just days before I celebrated my 35th birthday. I was pregnant with our first 9 months after our wedding date.

Agreed.
Early-30s bride here as well! Engaged within 11 months, married the next year, baby #1 arrived 10 months later. Will be married 20 years in June.

I think Harry and Meghan have been/will be influenced by their age and place in life. I think as you get older you tend to move on more quickly from relationships that you don't see as long-term, and perhaps solidify ones you do more quickly.

From the beginning, I've sensed a strong partnership, respect and love between them. I wish them good luck moving forward.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

I said this awhile back. Couples in that age range are more confident and secure about who they are and what they want. No need for all the dancing around and all that goes on (typically) in the early 20's. I would say a typical couple would know within 3 to 6 months if there is any future to it (assuming that's the goal). Even allowing for the long distance and high profile (which they have done great at evading the press) relationship, Harry and Meghan wouldn't be together at this point unless it was serious. If they get thru summer, even more so.

LaRae
Old 05-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Nobility

It might be a short engagement and quick marriage. I read that they want to start having kids right away. So, well see.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

I married the first time at 20 and even though the marriage lasted over 20 years, I can definitely see that what was important to me about a relationship when I was 20 was far different than what I found to be important when I married the second time at 45.

The first marriage was falling in love and the ideal of what a fairy tale marriage was supposed to be like was firmly implanted in my head. My parents had a strong, loving relationship that lasted till death did they part. Not quite what I found in the reality of the marriage. We were never close friends to start off with. That's what I found to be most important in my second marriage and we'll celebrate 20 years in October.

As we grow older, preconceived notions of how we see people and the relationships with them change. Grand passionate love does play a huge part no matter what the age but as we grow older, we realize that grand passions aren't enough and there has to be mutual goals going into the future. Its realized that both their lives have to adapt to each other and they need to be able to function as a united team through thick and thin.

With Harry and Meghan in their 30s and their lives pretty much sorted out to being the way that they wanted it to be and knowing what their lives together in the future would entail, there's a bigger chance that the realities they already know will serve them to know if they can be a united team together.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:31 AM
Majesty

If they break up, I'll be interested to see what spin people put on it. Every person Harry dates is the 'one' until she isn't.

Remember this? 'Smitten' Prince Harry backed to propose to long-term love Cressida Bonas | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

No doubt he will eventually settle down and yes the older he gets the more likely it becomes.

Meghan probably has a good shot but the tabloids would still be predicting marriage even if he was dating someone else.

It's the nature of the beast.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Personally I never thought Cressida was that serious of a relationship. Chelsey was serious but too much immaturity/drama between them.

If he's had private relationships they haven't lasted long enough for the public to know.

This is the first one I've thought could really go the distance.

LaRae
Old 05-07-2017, 11:54 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Wouldn't there always be some event or anniversary or happening, that the engagement would take attention away from? He's a full time royal, attending public events throughout the year, and if/when they get engaged, it would take attention away from something else.
I agree and I disagree with your point here. Yes, there is always something going on that an engagement will be a distraction from. But as bad as it sounds, there are some events that should not be overshadowed, while other engagements are in a way somewhat "lesser".

An engagement announcement during the election is going to take away from the election - something which the BRF typically avoids doing. They don't want to be seen as influencing politics. An engagement announcement around the Trooping (the Queen's official birthday) or November (when the Queen and DoE's 70th anniversary is) will overshadow the Queen - which again, the BRF typically avoids doing. An engagement at the end of the summer/start of September will overshadow Invictus, which Harry personally isn't likely to want because it's a personal project for him.

I don't think we're likely to see an engagement announcement before Meghan finishes with Suits, but if we were to see one this year I'd predict either in July, October, or December.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:26 PM
Nobility

I hope Harry lets her continue acting some.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I think some people see old interviews that are posted places and leap to the conclusion that Meghan is currently actively courting publicity when in fact she has pretty much closed things down.
Yes, it's apparently the case that many people don't seem to be aware that all of the Youtube video clips of interviews, Suits features, fashion shoots, and even the humanitarian-related interviews and the speech Meghan gave to UN Women, predate her relationship with Harry. Meghan also has a substantial pre-Harry Suits fanbase, although I'd personally never heard of Meghan Markle or the television show prior to last November's announcement that Harry was dating Meghan.

I actually wish that I'd known about Meghan sooner because I find her to be such an interesting, down-to-earth and inspiring person. But now, she is not in a position to be as open as she has previously been in sharing details of her life with the public. It's truly a gift that Meghan's Instagram is still available, even though she rarely posts anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What the old clips and videos and interviews tell me most is that Meghan had a full and rewarding life before she ever set eyes on Harry. Finding and winning the heart of a man that has a full and rewarding life also is the proverbial icing on the cake if you ask me.
Very beautifully stated, and obviously true. There's yummy cake and delicious icing in store for all involved, if you ask me.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think it'll ever happen on a professional level at all.

Looking at it, Meghan would be trading in a professional acting career and gaining a world stage to make a difference. I think that will be a step up.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
" Meghan Markle looked ever the proud girlfriend as she cheered on Prince Harry at the Audi Polo Challenge in Ascot yesterday.
The Suits actress and her royal boyfriend looked extremely loved up as they hugged and kissed afterwards.
Standing by a car, they embraced as they said goodbye.
And it seemed like they didn't care who saw them, after the charity polo match."

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry SO loved up as they kiss and hug after the Audi Polo Challenge - Mirror Online

Awww...I love it!
Old 05-07-2017, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I hope Harry lets her continue acting some.
Is this 1817, or 2017 ? Husbands no longer control the actions of their wives in the manner you imply!
What does control the actions of British Royal wives, however, are the mores of the Royal family, and it is INCONCEIVABLE that Ms Markle [if she becomes Harry's wife] could continue to act. She will be far too busy as a 'full time Royal' and likely a Mother to boot..

Closed Thread