The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #5361  
Old 05-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,722
When one thinks about it, an engagement and a wedding are but public announcements and steps that cement a relationship that is already there.

For me, it doesn't matter if they're already engaged, planning to be engaged or haven't even thought about it yet. Their relationship seems to be a very happy one and they enjoy being with each other and that is what really matters.

Of course, I don't think there are many among us that wouldn't love a beautiful royal wedding sooner than later.
__________________

__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #5362  
Old 05-06-2017, 07:53 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,378
The difference is Harry's age, I think, as regards this particular romance being taken seriously. We of course don't know what Harry's views are on the matter. However, when his first big love affair ended with Chelsy Davy onlookers were quite disappointed as she was well-liked among the fandom (as it was then.) However people said, rightly, 'Well, they were very young when it started, it was tumultuous, they were on different career paths, distance, training, kept them apart...etc.'

I do think there was a sense of disappointment in the media when the relationship with Cressida Bonas finished, as Harry was older, late twenties, and people expected him to wed. Even so, we didn't really see that much of them together. They attended a couple of weddings, a semi-official event for Harry where they sat together, a couple of private dates where they were photographed, and that was it. Cressida never went to the polo. She was disliked somewhat, don't know why, and made fun of on Twitter and blogs. She had no career and people belaboured her for that.

Now comes Meghan and she works, seems the whole package, and Harry is in his thirties. Third time lucky this time, perhaps! Anyway, I'm hoping...!
__________________

  #5363  
Old 05-06-2017, 08:12 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
The press knew because the items were identified by fashion bloggers, not because the info was released to them. She was with people who are close to Harry.
According to The Telegraph she was with Harry's closest advisor Mark Dyer and his wife. So it seems she is meeting the important people in his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
If attending the polo meant marriage, Harry would have married a long time ago
It would seem that given the amount of girlfriends Harry has had she is in the serious girlfriend brigade.
  #5364  
Old 05-06-2017, 08:14 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Where is the picture of them actually in the same shot? There plenty of pictures of Kate hanging with the Princes when they played polo. She was over by the changing tents not in the stands with the spectators? And the press article happened to know the exact brand and style of everything she is wearing including a bracelet? Looks like a promotional event for her to me?
What difference does it make if they are in the same shot or not? She's not in the spectator stands, she's in the Royal Box with his friends. Surprisingly, no one looks alarmed to see her there. Are we to believe she's stalking Harry and randomly turning up at his events rather than accept that she is exactly where he has invited her to be?

Occam's razor, folks. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best explanation, even if you don't like it.
  #5365  
Old 05-06-2017, 08:17 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyb417 View Post
What difference does it make if they are in the same shot or not? She's not in the spectator stands, she's in the Royal Box with his friends. Surprisingly, no one looks alarmed to see her there. Are we to believe she's stalking Harry and randomly turning up at his events rather than accept that she is exactly where he has invited her to be?

Occam's razor, folks. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best explanation, even if you don't like it.
Oh the ever revolving narrative, stalking??!!, she seems to get along great with Mark's American wife.
  #5366  
Old 05-06-2017, 08:30 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, Norway
Posts: 3,804
Oh, my goodness gracious! If this relationship were to broke (and I don't hope it does), think of all the Harry/Meghan fans on this forum that will be disappointed.
__________________
Norwegians are girls who love girls, boys who love boys, and girls and boys who love each other. King Harald V speaking in 2016.
  #5367  
Old 05-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Oh, my goodness gracious! If this relationship were to broke (and I don't hope it does), think of all the Harry/Meghan fans on this forum that will be disappointed.
why would do you care, we are grown it's not the first trip to the Harry dating rodeo. I only hope for his happiness be it with Meghan or whoever he falls in love with.
  #5368  
Old 05-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,378
Don't speak of it, ROYAL NORWAY! Bad luck!
  #5369  
Old 05-06-2017, 08:43 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Let's see if she goes to Ascot. Any word if W&K are going this year? Seems like I read Harry might be taking this over from Phillip?


LaRae
  #5370  
Old 05-06-2017, 09:03 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, Norway
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
why would do you care, we are grown it's not the first trip to the Harry dating rodeo. I only hope for his happiness be it with Meghan or whoever he falls in love with.
Because I'm a caring person (at least, I've been told that by my friends and family) and I wish both Harry/Meghan and all of you, the very best in the future.
__________________
Norwegians are girls who love girls, boys who love boys, and girls and boys who love each other. King Harald V speaking in 2016.
  #5371  
Old 05-06-2017, 09:12 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Let's see if she goes to Ascot. Any word if W&K are going this year? Seems like I read Harry might be taking this over from Phillip?


LaRae
I've never associated Philip with any kind of an interest in the Ascot races at all.

I do know that Philip really loves carriage driving but that has nothing to do with Ascot.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #5372  
Old 05-06-2017, 09:19 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 313
Meghan looked fabulous today! Loved her dress by a British designer and jacket by a Canadian company. So lovely to see Meghan at this event supporting charities that are so important to Harry, Sentebale and WellChild, and also socializing with some of Harry's closest friends and confidants.
  #5373  
Old 05-06-2017, 09:21 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Let's see if she goes to Ascot. Any word if W&K are going this year? Seems like I read Harry might be taking this over from Phillip?


LaRae
Harry has never shown a real interest in horse racing. Oddly, its the royal women - QEQM, QEII, Camilla, and Anne.

Anyone can attend Ascot. It's where they sit that counts.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #5374  
Old 05-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
If Meghan was there, we know the daily fail would have hunted her down.

Also highly unlikely, if the rumors are true about her going to Pippas wedding (at least reception) she would be in the UK now. Taking two weekends off so close together in midst of filming seems pretty unlikely. She will see him in 2 weeks.
Dear Countessmeout I am wondering, are you in the business? You seem so certain of your statements regarding filming of television shows, etc. Just curious, as sometimes what you say doesn't jive with what I know, which I would not say is much at all, btw, only I do know situations differ with different shows and there are reasons why Meghan may have more leeway in this situation.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #5375  
Old 05-06-2017, 09:58 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I've never associated Philip with any kind of an interest in the Ascot races at all.

I do know that Philip really loves carriage driving but that has nothing to do with Ascot.
Not the racing no. He does have a number of horse related, and polo. I think Anne would be most likely for the horse.

But Philip is patron of royal ascots ex serviceman club. And that sounds like a good fit with Harry. It's along the lines of his main focus, outside of senteble, which is military. Even mental health he relates to military.
  #5376  
Old 05-06-2017, 09:58 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I've never associated Philip with any kind of an interest in the Ascot races at all.

I do know that Philip really loves carriage driving but that has nothing to do with Ascot.
I read something indicating Phillip was involved in Ascot...but that was probably in error.

I know about Phillip's carriage driving..have seen several videos of it!


LaRae
  #5377  
Old 05-06-2017, 10:04 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Dear Countessmeout I am wondering, are you in the business? You seem so certain of your statements regarding filming of television shows, etc. Just curious, as sometimes what you say doesn't jive with what I know, which I would not say is much at all, btw, only I do know situations differ with different shows and there are reasons why Meghan may have more leeway in this situation.
Just that she was said to have had to Book off the weekend of Pippa. Which means it wasn't a break in filming, she requested it off.

Requesting two weekends off only a month into filming. You are only going, unless you are a major celebrity who calls shots on a show, get so much leeway. She obviously takes her career seriously. Grown women don't treat their job like a hobby they can drop when a boyfriend calls.

Considering Victoria long weekend it is likely she already had the weekend off. Of the rumors are true a source said she actually booked time off, it likely meant this weekend. People just assumed it was wedding weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I read something indicating Phillip was involved in Ascot...but that was probably in error.

I know about Phillip's carriage driving..have seen several videos of it!


LaRae
Perhaps you read about the Ascot ex serviceman club. He is patron of that. Ascot just not racing.
  #5378  
Old 05-06-2017, 10:10 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Guys, let's not get into this "privately" engaged nonsense. I can't tell how many endless debates I've seen over the same thing once said about the Cambridge's. The secret pacts stories just about drove me insane.
Nonsense?? I don't think so! Wills and Kate were engaged before they announced it, a couple months plus and no one knew it!

And as I recall, many here felt as though it was UNLIKELY that Harry would fall in love with or seriously date an American. And looks what's happened. So, don't be so quick to dismiss stuff.
  #5379  
Old 05-06-2017, 10:16 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Just that she was said to have had to Book off the weekend of Pippa. Which means it wasn't a break in filming, she requested it off.

Requesting two weekends off only a month into filming. You are only going, unless you are a major celebrity who calls shots on a show, get so much leeway. She obviously takes her career seriously. Grown women don't treat their job like a hobby they can drop when a boyfriend calls.

Considering Victoria long weekend it is likely she already had the weekend off. Of the rumors are true a source said she actually booked time off, it likely meant this weekend. People just assumed it was wedding weekend.
I see. You are a sleuth. What you say would definitely hold for a neophyte on the show, suddenly going hot-and-heavy with Joe the Plumber, or even Josh the Wall Street Lawyer. But Meghan is in a slightly different situation. Her high profile romance racks up interest in the show she's in. They have no reason to be hard-edged to that extent, though production cannot be unduly impacted for sure (time is money). I'm sure they are adjusting and working with her. She also seems a really good egg. They'll go the distance for her. Why not?
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #5380  
Old 05-06-2017, 10:22 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Perhaps you read about the Ascot ex serviceman club. He is patron of that. Ascot just not racing.

Ah...that must of been it, thanks!


LaRae
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
american archie mountbatten-windsor asia baby names biography birth britain britannia british royal family buckingham palace camilla camilla's family camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries coronation crown jewels daisy doge of venice dresses duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex edward vii family life gemstones george vi gustaf vi adolf hello! henry viii hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history hypothetical monarchs jack brooksbank japan jewellery kensington palace king edward vii książ castle lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers medical meghan markle monarchy mountbatten names nara period plantinum jubilee pless politics portugal prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess eugenie queen louise solomon j solomon spanish royal family speech sussex taiwan thai royal family united states wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×