The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If she's there, they will surface sooner or later.

It is also possible that Sarah Macklin (who was there) could have been mistaken for Meghan. They do resemble each other somewhat and could easily be mixed up if looked at from a distance.

Old 05-06-2017, 01:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Right I wouldn't know (never heard of Sarah Macklin) ...so will be interesting to see if she was or not.

LaRae

Old 05-06-2017, 01:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've never heard of her either and the only reason I do know is because I couldn't resist the Daily Mail's photos of Harry at polo. I did think, at first, glancing at the photo of Macklin that she had a bit of a similarity to Meghan at the time.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

If Meghan was there, we know the daily fail would have hunted her down.

Also highly unlikely, if the rumors are true about her going to Pippas wedding (at least reception) she would be in the UK now. Taking two weekends off so close together in midst of filming seems pretty unlikely. She will see him in 2 weeks.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:47 PM
Commoner

I've noticed though that the only candid shots are of the polo and all others are posed shots. Is it possible that she is there and that the press photogs are being blocked from requesting a photo... she's in the exclusive members areas for example?
Old 05-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
What we know

Ethnically she is African American on her mothers side. She is Dutch and Irish on her father's side.

We know her father is a practicing Jew.

We know she celebrates Christmas and other Christian holidays. But has been known to go to synagogue with her dad.

That is all we Know. And it really is a moot point until marriage and kids.
It is not a moot point. Could Harry and Meghan for example get married in the CoE if Meghan were not a baptized Christian ? I am not familiar with Anglican canon on that subject.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

I said until if and when they wed.

Yes, the Church of England permits interfaith weddings. Though the ceremony would be required to be traditional Anglican.

https://www.churchofengland.org/medi...rriagehelp.doc

But we know she was also raised in the Christian traditions. So it is just as likely she would get baptized if not already
Old 05-06-2017, 01:54 PM
Majesty

Meghan Markle attends polo to watch Prince Harry play amid rumours they'll be getting engaged soon - Mirror Online
Old 05-06-2017, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm surprised that Meghan is there this weekend if she is going to Pippa's wedding/reception in two weeks. Maybe she had a long weekend or wasn't needed for filming so she is using her frequent flyer miles.

But that is definitely her.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I'm surprised that Meghan is there this weekend if she is going to Pippa's wedding/reception in two weeks. Maybe she had a long weekend or wasn't needed for filming so she is using her frequent flyer miles.

That. Or the rumors that said she booked a weekend off from filming had their dates wrong. And just assumed it was for Pippa.

If she only attends the reception, we wouldn't get photos of her there either way.

Time will tell. Wedding is in two weeks.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

When we really think about it, its very possible that Meghan didn't need to take time off filming. We don't know exactly what the filming schedule is and to be honest, we've seen it many times where a royal will be spotted in NYC and then the next day in London and then the day after that somewhere else. Flying off somewhere, even for just a short amount of time, is to a lot of people like us common people "popping over to Dunkin' Donuts for coffee and a donut".

Meghan could have wrapped up filming for the week Thursday night, flew to London on Friday morning and will fly back to Toronto some time tomorrow to start a week of filming again. Having a production in filming mode doesn't necessarily mean that its a 24/7 thing.

Awwwww crap on a cracker. Now I want donuts and there's none to be found in this house.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Love her dress. Haven't seen her put a foot wrong with her clothing (since Harry) yet.

So (assuming) she just flew in for the weekend, likely won't see pics of her again till Pippa's wedding ..if she comes.

LaRae
Old 05-06-2017, 02:33 PM
Commoner

I've flown from Trindad to Miami for a weekend with a boyfriend and I don't make Meghan's kind of money... it's not that big a deal really.

But, can we talk about the clothes... the girl does have a great sense of style!
Old 05-06-2017, 02:40 PM
Serene Highness

She looks great. I'm glad she could get time off/had time off to be able to attend.
I was actually surprised to see her there.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:41 PM
Gentry

You are right. It is very possible that she had a long weekend & decided to fly over.

When you are in a long distance relationship these sacrifices have to be made, otherwise they would hardly see each other. It reminds me of the time after the Caribbean tour when Harry took a detour to Toronto just to spend 2 days with her! And of course they both have the money to make these frequent journeys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
When we really think about it, its very possible that Meghan didn't need to take time off filming. We don't know exactly what the filming schedule is
Old 05-06-2017, 02:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yeah nowdays you can easily fly anywhere for a couple days...many times it's not that expensive. Just recently a Norwegian airlines was offering flights from the east coast of the US to the UK for under 100.00

Her clothes...her current style (last few pics I've seen) reminds me of some of the things that Kate has worn. With a little more edge to them.

LaRae
Old 05-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Aristocracy

Meghan is very elegant, it's good Harry to include her in these social events.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:22 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post

Canada has a long weekend the weekend that Pippa is getting married, as May 22nd is a national holiday.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Carole Middleton's mother of the bride countdown | Daily Mail Online

According to this, Meghan will attend both the wedding ceremony and the reception.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Canada has a long weekend the weekend that Pippa is getting married, as May 22nd is a national holiday.
You're right, good catch. It's Victoria Day--funny because I would have thought it'd be a national holiday in the UK too, not just Canada.

Closed Thread