The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 11:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
The way I'm reading that quote is Koran was asked if the cast (other than Gina Torres) was signed on for all of season 7, and he confirmed that they are.

Does take Meghan through to November, and may even delay an engagement announcement until next Spring, when season 7 has finished airing (her announcing an engagement in December might spoil the season finale, especially if it's renewed in the summer).

I'm not convinced that the comment rules out the possibility of the actors being contracted beyond season 7. I doubt they are, because of Korsch's contract, but it is possible.

Is it a bizarre request? Mid season finale character exits aren't all that uncommon, or contracts that limit a cast member's appearances. Gina Torres' exit from the show is a perfect example - her contract was up in season 5 and she negotiated an exit to take place midway through season 6.

I certainly don't think Meghan negotiated a contract last year based on a relationship that didn't yet exist. But it is very much within the realm of possibility that an actor negotiate a contract that is less than a full season.
Gina Torres' situation was different. She knew she wanted to move back to LA for her family when her contract was up at the end of the season 5. They agreed to extend for half a season for storyline purposes. So back to the same point, unless Meghan is psychic, it's extremely unlikely that she signed for one and half season at the end of her last contract.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Gina Torres' situation was different. She knew she wanted to move back to LA for her family when her contract was up at the end of the season 5. They agreed to extend for half a season for storyline purposes. So back to the same point, unless Meghan is psychic, it's extremely unlikely that she signed for one and half season at the end of her last contract.

That's very true, but it's also not impossible given the extenuating circumstances for her to renegotiate her contract and ask to be written off more quickly. We'll see how it works out soon enough I would think. The good thing about Suits is that the ensemble cast makes it easier for individual characters to be written out without the whole show having to go.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

What extenuating circumstances? She has a boyfriend? Thankfully most women can balance work and a boyfriend. There us no reason for her to rush her contract. Even if her and Harry plan to marry. If she was going to renegotiate it would have to be soon. The show would need time to write her out before the next half of the show. Unless Harry plans on popping the question in the next few weeks, that seems highly unlikely.

Meghan is an adult. She is not about to abandon her obligations and sit on her butt waiting for a ring. And there is no need for another waity girlfriend. She will have to give it up when engaged but not till then. Nor should she.

As for having possibly decided a year and a half ago why? Actresses don't just choose to leave steady jobs on a whim. She had no new projects, no new boyfriend, no baby plans. No need to move for family.

I think people have got too used to British royal girlfriends willing to be 'available 24/7' that the idea a girlfriend actually has a life outside him seems foreign.

A wedding is highly unlikely before next summer. Plenty of time for herbal finish her contract, and move to London.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:12 AM
Royal Highness

I think Prince Harry likes his Meghan having her own fun and adventurous life and television show behind-the-scenes stories that she can share with him.

It's not a big deal about the length of or terms of Meghan's current Suits contract. No matter the contract length or whatever that she signed, under the circumstances of her high profile relationship, the producers and network I don't imagine will be putting up any restrictive demands. If necessary, they will probably renegotiate and accede to Meghan's wishes, and both sides may already have mutual ducks in a row. Surely the entire situation will keep us all who are not-in-the-know, guessing. Perhaps Meghan and Harry have as well already worked out their mutual plans. They are obviously not in any hurry to let the rest of the world in on their private lives and commitment decisions. And kudos to them!

The media is desperate for any scraps to make up clickbait stories.

Meanwhile, I'm still on season 4 of Suits, and I'm not in a hurry either to find out what happens on the series. Although I would like to know what's going on with Meghan and Harry, I'd rather be happy for them from afar, rather than seeing the media overly pry into their lives for profit motive. I will wish the best for them and be glad to find out more that's actually true about their relationship when its publicly provided on their terms and in their time frame. Can we think positive thoughts for Meghan & Harry, and enjoy good news when it comes?
Old 04-28-2017, 01:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is a couple that if and when they marry, they're not going to be jumping off a cliff without a parachute headlong into something they're not sure of.

Harry hasn't let his relationship with Meghan affect the things he has going on his life and the things he needs and wants to do. Same with Meghan. Watching Harry keep his commitments to what he's signed on for with his charities and patronages and tours representing his grandmother is similar to watching Meghan keeping up her contractual obligations and not abandoning her show, her life in Toronto for the sake of a royal romance.

What this tells me is that this is a couple that knows the meaning of living up to the things in life they've committed themselves to while possibly working towards a major change in committing to each other. This alone tells me that should they "contract" to marry, it won't be a commitment made lightly.

Its all good.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
It's not a big deal about the length of or terms of Meghan's current Suits contract. No matter the contract length or whatever that she signed, under the circumstances of her high profile relationship, the producers and network I don't imagine will be putting up any restrictive demands. If necessary, they will probably renegotiate and accede to Meghan's wishes, and both sides may already have mutual ducks in a row.
Exactly so. Totally agree with all you've written here. These things are a bit more yielding than people realize. But I also really doubt that Meghan is making these kind of professional decisions at this juncture (she's not an A-Lister). Asking for a week-off for a high profile wedding is one thing, wriggling out of a contract after scripts have been written .... hmmm ... nope. She's not married to Harry yet, or even engaged (as far as we know). Nothing Meghan has done thus far is irrevocable. Messing with her professionalism (commitment) on a project is not anything I would guess she'd be up for. Long term consequences there (potentially) were she to do that.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeT View Post
There are lots of real life relationships that couples and families have to endure distance, no matter if they are rich or poor. What's nice in these technology advanced days is that social media, Skype, FaceTime etc makes the distance more palatable. When one gets deployed in the Army, Navy or medical, business, mining fields etc, it is tough, but you can't take your significant other out in the trenches here either and 1000s of people make it work. Just like everything in life sometimes things work out and other times they don't. However, IMO, it isn't rare that people have to deal with distance in a relationship. I guess since I've personally had to deal with it, it doesn't seem like a huge hurdle. In our family we just make and cherish our time together even more, especially since we'll be separated by distance again soon.
Lots of relationships DO fail because of distance.. that's why there are Dear John letters. If Meghan is rich as she is, she doesn't have to stay away from Harry.. She could give up the job, move to the UK and see what life as a royal wife would be like. if she's so talented, I'm sure she could find other work in the UK, or she could devote her work time to her charity projects which are said to be very important to her. Spending a few weeks with him isn't IMO the same as tyring out what married life would be like.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:14 AM
Royal Highness

Has it been confirmed that Meghan asked for a week off? I have also heard reports that filming for Suits was planned to be recessed during the timeframe of May 20 in any case.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Lots of relationships DO fail because of distance.. that's why there are Dear John letters. If Meghan is rich as she is, she doesn't have to stay away from Harry.. She could give up the job, move to the UK and see what life as a royal wife would be like. if she's so talented, I'm sure she could find other work in the UK, or she could devote her work time to her charity projects which are said to be very important to her. Spending a few weeks with him isn't IMO the same as tyring out what married life would be like.
Sure. She could chuck it all to the wind and walk away from obligations and move across the pond and in with Harry and test the waters. Then again, Harry could chuck it all to the wind, renounce his place in succession and give a Bronx cheer to the BRF and move across the pond and move in with Meghan to test the waters.

That doesn't sound like the character makeup of either of these people. As I've previously stated, honoring and fulfilling their commitments show character that would make one think that should they commit to each other, they'd take it very, very seriously.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Guys, she's been slowly untangling herself from different business commitments- her blog, her association with fashion brands. She's backed off of social media, and she's on a show with an ensemble cast going into its 7th season. It's really not a giant stretch to think that *if* the relationship is seriously headed towards marriage, a decision may be made to negotiate an earlier exit from the show than she would have planned were it not for her high-profile relationship that is incompatible with remaining as a working actress. That wouldn't say anything bad about either of their desire or ability to keep commitments- I'd actually take it as a sign of very serious commitment.

We'll see in time.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Time. That's exactly what it seems that Harry and Meghan both are taking when it comes to this relationship. Step by step, little bit by little bit and working together maturely to find out where the road is going to lead them.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Maturity is the point here. Yes, she is a member of an ensemble. That doesn't mean that she didn't make a commitment to the show for a season. Nothing she has done gives any reason to believe she is willing to dump everything. The tig was her personal site, she owed it to no one to continue. And there us no sign reitmans was planning on another line with her.

Yes she could act like a 20 year old girl, dump her own life and run after a man. Quit her job and eat Bon bons in London in hopes of getting a ring. Or she could be the adult she is and follow through with her commitments. Adults understand simply because something can be done doesn't mean it should be done.

There us no rush. No engagement is likely to be announced this year either way. Time enough when done filming for her to move to London.

Or Harry can move to Toronto. I know, shocker. Suggesting a royal make sacrifices for a woman and not expecting the commoner to roll over. How novel a concept that is. One can expect a woman to give up things like charity rowing team to be available, but the royals get to live just as they were.

Harry spent this last summer in Africa. Proves at least while there is an abundance of royals, he can be abroad. Let him enjoy it while it lasts. Invictus is in Toronto. He can live with her, and do his charity.

Their living together in no way has to be in London. She isn't going to get a taste of royal life until engaged. She can't attend family or public events until then. Let them try out living together in Toronto. Then they can both work.

This archaic idea women need to drop everything for men is tiresome. 'Joyfully available'. Women like Letizia and Mary managed to work till engagement.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:04 AM
Administrator

Well I'd have no objection to Harry spending more time abroad to spend it with Meghan or even get a semi-permanent base in Toronto or somewhere for them to share over the summer.

It's a relationship, timescales aren't necessary and who know what their plans are or what they've been discussing.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Sure. She could chuck it all to the wind and walk away from obligations and move across the pond and in with Harry and test the waters. Then again, Harry could chuck it all to the wind, renounce his place in succession and give a Bronx cheer to the BRF and move across the pond and move in with Meghan to test the waters.

That doesn't sound like the character makeup of either of these people. As I've previously stated, honoring and fulfilling their commitments show character that would make one think that should they commit to each other, they'd take it very, very seriously.
Well She is the one who's supposed to be in love with Harry. I can't see why harry would move, that aint gonna happen.. SHE could marry him.. and move to the UK. he is not going to give up his place in the RF and move to America.
If Meg is as talented and as rich as people tell me she is, taking a yaer off and seeing if she might wish to be married to H and living in the UK, would not make any great difference to her career if the relationship with H didn't work out. Surely she would still be able to go for acting work, and continue with her charity work, if she had taken some time off?
And come on would "Suits" die a horlrible death in the ratings if she left it?
and indeed if she and Harry are as much in love as people seem to feel they are, isn't it almost a certainty that if she moved in with him, she'd be moving towards engagement and marriage..
Old 04-28-2017, 02:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think there's anything really 'archaic' about it..it is what it is. If anyone is going to marry that high up in the BRF that is the expectation. You are going to join the 'Firm' and represent the BRF.

I don't think there's any reason for her to quit her job at this point. Who even knows if she will have a job in 6 months? People get killed off/written out of scripts all the time.

If they get engaged then I would imagine she's going to pack up and move to the UK at some point before the wedding.

It would be her decision either way.

LaRae
Old 04-28-2017, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness

Where are these conditions, that 'if she is as talented/rich/successful/they're so in love, she'd do this and that, and it wouldn't affect her life, she'd pick up from where she left off easily' come from? Why set such conditions on her?

Imo it seems like both Harry and Meghan are happy in this relationship and its pace. Why on earth would she quit her job, and hurry to move to UK right now, when both seem to be happy. She's a smart, mature woman, she won't drop her work commitments and break her contract. If they're still together, when her contract is over, that's when we will see her moving, IMO.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Let's fact it folks. These two people are going to handle their relationship on their own terms, on their own time and however it suits them (No pun intended there). We actually have no real clue whatsoever what is happening in their private lives and the best we can do is assume, speculate and try and put pieces of a puzzle together that is missing quite a few of its pieces.

For all we really know, they may have already secretly eloped to Vegas and got married by an Elvis impersonator and will go ahead with a public, royal wedding when the opportunity presents itself.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:30 PM
Nobility

When and if they marry....

When they marry, I wonder if they will buy a home in the US? I am sure she will return home as much as possible, her mother is there and her father too when he's not in Mexico.

It's realistic to buy a home too. Lets say she goes home every summer for 3 months and maybe a time or two before that. They will need a place to lay their heads and relax in private. I am sure her mother would house them but they are a married couple.

I see them buying buy a condo or a home in a gated community somewhere in California.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
If Meg is as talented and as rich as people tell me she is, taking a yaer off and seeing if she might wish to be married to H and living in the UK, would not make any great difference to her career if the relationship with H didn't work out. Surely she would still be able to go for acting work, and continue with her charity work, if she had taken some time off?
I don't think it works like that. People in the entertainment industry know that it's out of sight, out of mind.
Take a break, and you might never come back, it's a very small window of opportunity.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I don't think there's anything really 'archaic' about it..it is what it is. If anyone is going to marry that high up in the BRF that is the expectation. You are going to join the 'Firm' and represent the BRF.

I don't think there's any reason for her to quit her job at this point. Who even knows if she will have a job in 6 months? People get killed off/written out of scripts all the time.

If they get engaged then I would imagine she's going to pack up and move to the UK at some point before the wedding.

It would be her decision either way.

LaRae
It's a realistic expectation when they are engaged yes.

But before they are engaged? For what purpose? She can't attend family events. She can't accompany him on tours or official duties. If he is gone for days or even weeks on tours or other events, she does what, watch tv and wait?

Yes it is archaic. The 'if she is supposed to love him she should be willing to give it all up'. If Harry was Princess Henrietta, would we say the same thing? Or if Beatrice let's say was a working royal and her future spouse had a place in the firm? Would we expect their boyfriend to quit his job, move into the palace and wait around? Would we suggest he wasn't committed because he wasn't willing yo give up his entire life in hopes of a ring? No. I highly doubt it. And one day Charlotte and her future husband will face similar questions as in a slimmed down monarchy both her and her husband will likely be needed.

It isn't the 1950s where women went to school to find a husband. And then waited at home for a ring. Modern women have careers, hobbies, dreams if their own. And there is nothing wrong with that. Why should she live in London and do nothing until she gets a ring? Because she us a woman?

People should be cheering that she continues working. It shows commitment. It shows work ethic. She won't simply be a wife and mother, she will be duchess X. She will be expected to do patronages and work. If she is willing to throw away her work and commitments to follow a man, doesn't bode great for her work ethic or commitment as a patron later.

Closed Thread