The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #5121  
Old 04-19-2017, 10:32 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
At the moment it's only a few days here and there I would like to see them living together full time before an engagement. Of course this makes it hard for her giving up her acting to live with Harry and with no real purpose. Anyway nothing to do with me they will do what they want and I will cross my fingers for them.
  #5122  
Old 04-19-2017, 11:30 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 617
When it is right it just works. Met my husband on Saturday, got engaged on Monday, married in October. That was 59 years ago and we are still going strong. We are in our 80"s now and I hope we have another 20 years. I wish Harry and Meghan all the best.
  #5123  
Old 04-20-2017, 12:08 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,309
Knew the day I met my husband we would be married and a year later we were...and that was almost 30 years ago.

Folks in their mid 30's know what they want if they are seriously looking for a spouse. Alot of that song and dance that goes on in the early 20's isn't necessary. People are usually more comfortable with who they are and more confident about what they want...and not likely to waste time after they find it.

LaRae
  #5124  
Old 04-20-2017, 12:35 AM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 4,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
At the moment it's only a few days here and there I would like to see them living together full time before an engagement. Of course this makes it hard for her giving up her acting to live with Harry and with no real purpose. Anyway nothing to do with me they will do what they want and I will cross my fingers for them.
I believe it was said that Meghan was living with Harry throughout most of January/February/March, having joined him sometime between Christmas and New Years and staying with him until she returned to Toronto when filming resumed (with the exception of her trip to India).

There wasn't anything presented to actually support that - no pictures or regular spottings of her in London during the time - but it's something that makes sense. There weren't spottings of her in Toronto or anywhere else at the time either, but as soon as she started filming again she started being spotted going to yoga and the like in Toronto again. Other than her trip to India, the only time we saw Meghan during that time period was when she was with Meghan.

With that in mind, it seems fairly likely that they did spend most of those 3 months together, and now are trying to catch whatever opportunities they can for one to go to the other.
  #5125  
Old 04-20-2017, 12:38 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,886
Exactly. When in your thirties you not only know more clearly what you want in a partner. But you also know what you want for yourself in life and who you are. In twenties you are still sorting both out. Sometimes you are lucky and you find that person who grows and changes with you. But it's more important at that age for longer term dating. You need to know as you grow and change, your partner will with you. It's easier to make decisions about partners when older and more established.
  #5126  
Old 04-20-2017, 08:15 AM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 3,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I agree Anfisa 'Marry in haste, repent at leisure' is a salutary adage...
Not necessarily. Look at the King and Queen of Spain. They did not have a long courtship and 13 yrs later they are still going strong.

When you meet the right person sometimes you just know and don't need years and years of courtship.
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
  #5127  
Old 04-20-2017, 09:50 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
But if by marrying this person changes everything in your live from what you wear what work you do want opinion you have where you live how much time to see your family raise your children etc etc. it's a huge life change to make
  #5128  
Old 04-20-2017, 10:10 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 9,131
It is a big decision to make, but Letizia made it and she also had to make a huge adjustment as well as, rumour having to pass her early married life in a hostile environment, due to the King Juan Carlos's disapproval. She came through though, and she and Felipe are a devoted couple.
  #5129  
Old 04-20-2017, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
But if by marrying this person changes everything in your live from what you wear what work you do want opinion you have where you live how much time to see your family raise your children etc etc. it's a huge life change to make
Meghan would hardly be the first royal bride in the modern history to do so. In fact, many of them married the heir rather than spare, which meant it was under even more pressure and scrutiny.
  #5130  
Old 04-20-2017, 06:41 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
It is a big decision to make, but Letizia made it and she also had to make a huge adjustment as well as, rumour having to pass her early married life in a hostile environment, due to the King Juan Carlos's disapproval. She came through though, and she and Felipe are a devoted couple.
In all their photos together Letizia and Felipe look at each other with such love, even after years of marriage. They must be soulmates. With their daughters growing up, I wonder if they will plan to have more children. I suppose not.

Sorry for the off-topic too. I was just struck by the loving way King and Queen of Spain look at each other.
  #5131  
Old 04-20-2017, 07:41 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 9,131
Okay, I know this is OT (forgive me) but on the Heads Together podcast a few days ago Harry talked again about having children and mentioned that he was godfather 'to five or six of the children of friends'. I don't know whether he meant in a defacto sense, but if official the number of godchildren Harry has must have exploded recently, since, the last time I looked, he was godfather to Tiggy's younger boy and his mentor Mark Dyer's first son, and that's it. Does anyone know of any more?
  #5132  
Old 04-20-2017, 08:13 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,827
Sky News Royal Correspondent, Rhiannon Mills, did try to poke Harry about his relationship with Meghan in an interview the other day. Of course, he diplomatically let her know he's "in a good place" in his private life.

See Video Here-
http://news.sky.com/story/amp/prince...tigma-10843330

When he's ready to let us know more about him and Meghan, he'll say something.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #5133  
Old 04-20-2017, 09:10 PM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 5,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Sky News Royal Correspondent, Rhiannon Mills, did try to poke Harry about his relationship with Meghan in an interview the other day. Of course, he diplomatically let her know he's "in a good place" in his private life.

See Video Here-
Prince Harry issues rallying call to end mental health 'stigma' - Sky News

When he's ready to let us know more about him and Meghan, he'll say something.
Quite true, they are right not to precipitate things
  #5134  
Old 04-20-2017, 09:24 PM
MARG's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 10,297
He handled that interview very well and I am in awe of how he never missed a beat when the interviewer asked about his lady. He just seemed to reiterate the benefits of having faced his problems and is enjoying the fruits of it along with William and Catherine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
But if by marrying this person changes everything in your live from what you wear what work you do want opinion you have where you live how much time to see your family raise your children etc etc. it's a huge life change to make
I don't see that marrying Harry will change everything in her life. Luckily she is not in the situation of CP's Maxima and Mary where the adjustment included learning a new life language. Her clothes, both casual and public, are already of an acceptable standard except she may need more of them (and who doesn't love shopping for new clothes) and I doubt she has a problem with her opinions because if she was anti-monarchy she wouldn't be dating Harry and if her general opinions were divergent from Harry's, he wouldn't be dating her.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #5135  
Old 04-20-2017, 10:19 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Sky News Royal Correspondent, Rhiannon Mills, did try to poke Harry about his relationship with Meghan in an interview the other day. Of course, he diplomatically let her know he's "in a good place" in his private life.

See Video Here-
Prince Harry issues rallying call to end mental health 'stigma' - Sky News

When he's ready to let us know more about him and Meghan, he'll say something.
that was so tacky, there is a time and a place for him to talk about that, usually it will be when it is announced. Good prep for Harry to remain on point and not allow the hysteria surrounding his love life affect his message.
  #5136  
Old 04-20-2017, 10:43 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 8,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
He handled that interview very well and I am in awe of how he never missed a beat when the interviewer asked about his lady. He just seemed to reiterate the benefits of having faced his problems and is enjoying the fruits of it along with William and Catherine.I don't see that marrying Harry will change everything in her life. Luckily she is not in the situation of CP's Maxima and Mary where the adjustment included learning a new life language.
If, however, Meghan is Jewish (as her father) or Catholic (given she attended Catholic school), then she might be expected to convert to Anglicanism prior to marrying Harry, which might be a problem depending on how she feels about it.

Quote:

Her clothes, both casual and public, are already of an acceptable standard except she may need more of them (and who doesn't love shopping for new clothes) and I doubt she has a problem with her opinions because if she was anti-monarchy she wouldn't be dating Harry and if her general opinions were divergent from Harry's, he wouldn't be dating her.
  #5137  
Old 04-20-2017, 10:58 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Member - in Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 17,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
If, however, Meghan is Jewish (as her father) or Catholic (given she attended Catholic school), then she might be expected to convert to Anglicanism prior to marrying Harry, which might be a problem depending on how she feels about it.
I thought they changed all that and those in the line of succession can marry Catholics and keep their place. Most likely though is that Harry and Meghan would have to vow to bring their children up in the Church of England.

Just as an aside, there are a lot of people who send their children to Catholic parochial schools that are not Catholic.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #5138  
Old 04-20-2017, 11:07 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 8,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I thought they changed all that and those in the line of succession can marry Catholics and keep their place. Most likely though is that Harry and Meghan would have to vow to bring their children up in the Church of England.

Just as an aside, there are a lot of people who send their children to Catholic parochial schools that are not Catholic.
Yes, they did change the law, but that doesn't mean she won't be expected to convert. I believe Prince Philip was baptized Greek Orthodox and officially converted to the CoE prior to marrying Princess Elizabeth although there was no legal requirement for him to do so.

I don't know what Meghan's religion is. I am just saying that, if that is indeed the case, not being a Protestant Christian might be another obstacle to her marrying Harry.
  #5139  
Old 04-20-2017, 11:46 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,309
I don't think anything about her religion (Jewish/Catholic) will make any difference. He's not the heir and unlikely to ever be.

The situation back when Prince Phillip was marrying Princess Elizabeth there was a big issue with the idea of a foreigner marrying into that position for a host of reasons. Most of the heavy hitters wanted her to many an Englishman not some 'Greek' prince who was basically homeless etc etc.

I don't really imagine anything coming up about her religion causing a issue with the marriage. They will have already gone thru this if things are already serious (as most seem to think).


LaRae
  #5140  
Old 04-20-2017, 11:59 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 5,835
Quote:
If, however, Meghan is Jewish (as her father)
Traditionally your mother had to be Jewish to be considered part of the faith, but I believe that in some Reform congregations that is no longer the case.

Yes there are many people who attend Catholic schools who are not members of the Roman Catholic church.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
abdullah ii africa albert prince consort all tags america arcadie austria british british royal family caribbean caroline charles iii congo current events death denmark duarte pio duchess of kent edward vii elizabeth ii empress masako espana garsenda genealogy general news grace kelly grimaldi hamdan bin ahmed harry history identifying india introduction jewels jordan royal family king king charles king philippe king willem-alexander leopold ier louis mountbatten matrilineal monarchy mountbatten need help official visit order of precedence prince albert monaco princess of orange queen queen alexandra queen camilla queen elizabeth queen ena of spain queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima queen victoria restoration royal initials silk spain spanish history spanish royal family state visit tiaras visit william wine glass woven


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023
Jelsoft Enterprises