The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 09:13 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I believe that if Meghan has most likely opted to use the name Meghan rather than Rachel, it will be what she goes by should she marry Harry. Same thing as Prince Henry of Wales is called Prince Harry.

However, should there be a wedding, I would bet my last Smurf gummie that the vows will contain their full names Henry Charles Albert David and Rachel Meghan Markle.

When William and Kate said their vows it was as William Arthur Philip Louis and Catherine Elizabeth. So Harry and Meghan would probably be Henry Charles Albert David and Rachel Meghan.

That said, it looks like Meghan might not have started going by "Meghan" until some point in high school - the earlier yearbook photos that were released were for "Rachel Markle". "Meghan" might just be what she uses publicly...

Not that it matters - Rachel, Princess Henry of Wales, Duchess of Sussex... we all know that if she and Harry marry the press will continue referring to her as Meghan Marlee (and we'll continue complaining about it) until the day she dies.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:18 PM
Courtier

Yes they will call her Meghan because its well known just as Catherine is still called Kate Middleton for some reason??!! can't they just call her Princess Kate like they did Diana?

Old 04-11-2017, 09:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
When William and Kate said their vows it was as William Arthur Philip Louis and Catherine Elizabeth. So Harry and Meghan would probably be Henry Charles Albert David and Rachel Meghan.

That said, it looks like Meghan might not have started going by "Meghan" until some point in high school - the earlier yearbook photos that were released were for "Rachel Markle". "Meghan" might just be what she uses publicly...

Not that it matters - Rachel, Princess Henry of Wales, Duchess of Sussex... we all know that if she and Harry marry the press will continue referring to her as Meghan Marlee (and we'll continue complaining about it) until the day she dies.
A lot of yearbooks used name of record. Some school allows preferred name. But I'm pretty sure she goes by Meghan privately. She's discussed her nicknames that her friends call her, which includes Meg, Nutmeg and so on.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:51 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, and Meghan has said that her mother's nickname for her is 'Flower.'

From CafeMom, a slideshow, "15 Ways Meghan Markle Would've Won Princess Diana's Heart"

15 Ways Meghan Markle Would've Won Princess Diana's Heart | CafeMom

And another MMarkle slideshow on CafeMom:
17 Times Meghan Markle's Killer Legs Made Us Do a Double Take | CafeMom
Old 04-11-2017, 11:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

At the wedding she would be Rachel Meghan as that is her name.

After that she would HRH Princess Henry, Duchess of X. She won't have to choose what to go by. She will lose any right to her first name unless she divorces. This isn't the continent where royal brides are made princesses in their own right and get called by it. She will never be Princess Meghan/Rachel. And even if she was allowed to use her name, it wouldn't be Duchess Meghan, but Princess Meghan, Duchess X.

The media is another matter. The real media will call her Duchess of X. The daily fail and other paps will call her Duchess Meghan, Princess Meghan, Meghan Markle. Combination of being lazy or thinking readers are. And getting hits. Like Kate, Kate Middleton gets more hits then Duchess of Cambridge.

At home we will never know. Likely Meghan. If she has gone her middle name for years, not likely her husband, friends and family will suddenly change.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I just read this on a slideshow: "Of course Diana would want her son's wives to be close. We hear that Markle met Kate Middleton and her adorable daughter, Princess Charlotte, and the three got along very well." Is this true?
Old 04-11-2017, 11:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I just read this on a slideshow: "Of course Diana would want her son's wives to be close. We hear that Markle met Kate Middleton and her adorable daughter, Princess Charlotte, and the three got along very well." Is this true?
Depends if you believe the daily fail or not. Goes back to a story in January where they supposedly met and Meghan gave her a dream journal.

Kate Middleton met with Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle after royal introduced her | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-11-2017, 11:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Depends if you believe the daily fail or not. Goes back to a story in January where they supposedly met and Meghan gave her a dream journal.

Kate Middleton met with Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle after royal introduced her | Daily Mail Online
Actually I believe this story first came out of The Sun. Emily Andrews originally wrote it.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:27 AM
Nobility

Well in a world that is such a mess right now, their love story is a happy thing. Let's wish them the best and every happiness
Old 04-12-2017, 06:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
We'll just have to watch and see how things play out.

I don't think HM would object to an American as Harry's wife at all. If she can approve Charles' choice of Camilla who is also divorced and name her to her Privy Counsel and award her the GCVO, there's no problem with divorce. Culture?
The
So we wait and we watch and see what happens. Makes for interesting times.
Its not a case of objecting to an American per se, or liking or not liking Canada. its the fact that she would not have much knowledge of the Uk... and might not be that popular with the publc. As for "divorce not being an issue" it IS, as I'm sure you know. The queen only sanctioned the marriage to Camilla when it was obvious that charles would not give her up and she'd been linked with him for so long that he relaly had to marry her. On a personal level I think she's grown fond of Cam and thinks she's doig a good job.. but Camilla still took ages to be accepted by the public and if she has that strike against her of being divorced, she still has most otherthings going for her. She's upper class, she' knows the RF, she's a country woman, and englsih. Megan has numerous strikes against her.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Its not a case of objecting to an American per se, or liking or not liking Canada. its the fact that she would not have much knowledge of the Uk... and might not be that popular with the publc. As for "divorce not being an issue" it IS, as I'm sure you know. The queen only sanctioned the marriage to Camilla when it was obvious that charles would not give her up and she'd been linked with him for so long that he relaly had to marry her. On a personal level I think she's grown fond of Cam and thinks she's doig a good job.. but Camilla still took ages to be accepted by the public and if she has that strike against her of being divorced, she still has most otherthings going for her. She's upper class, she' knows the RF, she's a country woman, and englsih. Megan has numerous strikes against her.
I don't think her nationality or her being a foreign bride was is an issue.
CP Mary and Queen Máxima are foreigners and through time they have captured the hearts of their respective countries. Also, media articles in the UK are generally very favorable concerning Meghan so I don't think she will have an issue winning over the British public.

I don't believe her divorce is an issue. All but one of the Queen's children are divorced. I believe she genuinely cares for her Harry's happiness so I doubt she would object to him marrying Meghan.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

William waited 9 years to marry Kate. To be certain she was --The one. I can't see Harry rushing any girl down the isle. If Meghan is --The One -- for him I am sure he will take his time getting to know her better. Not 9 years obviously, but a year or two at least. And for that she would have to at least live in the same country as him.
I am sure Harry is mature enough to want to get to know a girl first before marriage. And that can take awhile. Especially when both live very busy lives.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:53 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Even if they do get engaged in 2017, they will spend Christmas 2017 apart unless they are married before then, which I highly doubt.
Series 7 premieres 12th July

Suits Returns For Season 7 This July! | Blog | USA Network

So in my very humble opinion, its looks to be post-September, post IG before anything significant could happen. So yes by end of 2017, IMO
Old 04-12-2017, 07:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Their busy lives and this relationship being a long distance one is working to their advantage. Its been a lot of back and forth so far, essentially keeping their lives private and testing the waters with each other. Meghan has commitments to a TV show and I don't see anything major happening in the relationship until she is free and clear of that to make any changes to her life and lifestyle. So time is on their side for now which allows them to be cautious and take baby steps and be sure of each other before any total commitment is made.

Wise and mature moves if you ask me.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

No matter what title she would get she'll probably always be referred to in the press as Meghan Markle. The Duchess of Cambridge has been a member of the RF for six years and is still primarily referred to as Kate Middleton.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I don't think her nationality or her being a foreign bride was is an issue.
CP Mary and Queen Máxima are foreigners and through time they have captured the hearts of their respective countries. Also, media articles in the UK are generally very favorable concerning Meghan so I don't think she will have an issue winning over the British public.

I don't believe her divorce is an issue. All but one of the Queen's children are divorced. I believe she genuinely cares for her Harry's happiness so I doubt she would object to him marrying Meghan.
the queen's not too happy about the divorces. I'm sure she does not want Harry to marry a divorcee unless he proves by being with her for a long time that she's the "only one" for him and that they can make the relationship work. And IMO they're not together that long, it is a long distance relationship..
Old 04-12-2017, 08:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
You can't compare the two. Let's not do that to Meghan and this relationship.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-12-2017, 09:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

As the years have passed, I believe HM has grown to accept that no matter who the people are, there are no guarantees that any marriage will survive and end in divorce. It happens. People make mistakes and find after time, the marriage just doesn't work and divorce is the best option all around. It would be a very narrow minded person that would stick to the belief that having a divorce in one's history is a black mark against them. If anyone in this world knows and understands this, it would be HM, The Queen. From personal experiences in her own family and from being very clued into the the world around her, this woman has wisdom, I think, that most of us can only hope to attain.

The Queen is also very considerate of her her grandchildren and how they perceive things. I was just reading an article where William and Kate were handed a guest list for their wedding from the courtiers and remarked to the Queen that they weren't happy with it. Her response? “Get rid of it . . . . Start from your friends and then we’ll add those we need to in due course. It’s your day.”

The quote was taken from an article that stems from the recent release of Sally Bedell Smith's biography of The Prince of Wales and is for clarification only on the quote.

https://www.aol.com/article/lifestyl...aphy/22035857/

Denville, no one is happy when a divorce happens but the days of the stigma of a divorce have long since faded into the ancient history files. To allude that HM, The Queen would use the stigma of divorce against her grandson's choice of a bride is your opinion only which I disagree with strongly. Unless you can come up with verifiable, credible sources that would prove beyond a doubt that this is what the Queen thinks and feels and whatever, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this matter.

The divorce stigma is not in the picture at all as far as credible evidence shows.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
You can't compare the two. Let's not do that to Meghan and this relationship.
why? I can compare the 2 and it seems to me that HMQ has now accepted Camilla, but there were particular circumstances.. and whatever camill'a faults she's been a good duchess, a good wife to Charles and loyal to the RF. Meghan is untried.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

What is Meghan supposed to do? Take a crash university course in "How to adjust and adapt to the upper echelons of British Socieity 101"?