Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right 1 mill for a girl who at the moment is just dating not engaged or married to the 5th in line?! Besides Trevor seems happy and has a new tv show he is producing, why would he want to sully his rep with a creepy tell all book?

You doubt he'd get it? Harry may only be 5th in line but he is the hot bachelor Prince, closest single adult to the throne. Look at the huge media blitz around these two dating. It doesn't matter if they aren't engaged, still Hot news. Anyone who knew her is being interviewed if they are willing to talk.

Pippa got 400,000 for a party planning book, because she was a sister. I highly doubt a juicy tell all from the ex husband would not get at least twice that. Which converted to American would go over 1 million. The media and talk about her being a divorcee and comparing her to Wallis would drive it up.

Kate could have quintuplets, and Harry would still be a seller. Will has moved to boring married man. The rare photo of kids or his daddy dancing gets some hits. Until his kids are old enough to start dating, Harry will be a popular target. At least until marriage. And some time after. If he is a boring married man, and avoids the scandals of Andrew, it will die down.

That said I don't believe the article for a moment. Trevor and Meghan seem to have divorced on good terms. He doesn't seem spiteful or desperate for cash. It certainly wouldn't help his career.

Based on the way Aaron Korsh describes Gina's exit, I don't think they're going to be hardnosed if Meghan wanted to renegotiate.

‘Suits’ Creator On Summer Finale Big Cast Member Exit & Its Aftermath | Deadline

I think the most telling clue about whether Meghan will be leaving is if they start to bump up the role of Katrina Bennett or bring on a new female paralegal or jr attorney (or bring back Claire). They've already lost Gina, but if they lose Meghan too, they'll need another central female character.

I definitely think it's possible that her contract has been renegotiated, and I agree if we see someone new brought in this season or bumped up it'll indicate that Meghan is on her way out.

My point is purely that a comparison between Gina Torres' exit and any possible exit of Meghan's in season 7 is a stretch. Gina' contract was up and she told Aaron Korsh she wanted to leave and they figured out how to make it work (and ended up extending the contract to make it work).

Meghan is under contract until the end of season 7 (which Aaron states in the interview you posted), so in order to leave she would have to negotiate not just with Aaron, but the shows producers and the network. That's not as easy as saying you're not going to renew or extend a contract that's ending.

It's very likely that Meghan isn't contracted past season 7, so it's just as likely that she's planning on serving out her contract and not renewing for any season 8; it's also very possible that there won't be a season 8. The show's not been renewed yet and an interview last year with Patrick J Abrams last year indicated that he feels the show is progressing towards an ending.

I don't think we can compare Meghan's situation to Wallis'. It was even debated at the time of the abdication whether or not David (Edward VIII) would remain a HRH and a prince of the UK after the abdication and there has been discussion of this issue elsewhere on TRF.

With Meghan, if she married Harry, she most certainly could be titled at as HRH and a princess of the UK. In the UK. Her titles and styles may not be recognized in the US as an American citizen because American citizenship doesn't allow for titles from foreign countries. This is as I understand it. Its possible though that Meghan could have dual citizenship in both the US and the UK and her UK titles and styles would then be recognized.

I'm sure that the powers that be that really know this stuff will be busy at work making sure that the ins and outs of it all will be made perfectly clear. Its possible too that Meghan will drop her US citizenship and just become a citizen of the UK. All this remains to be seen.

What I bolded in your post is incorrect. No US government official can have a nobility or royal title. Meghan is a private citizen therefore she can bare her title as HRH and it will be recognized in the US.

What I bolded in your post is incorrect. No US government official can have a nobility or royal title. Meghan is a private citizen therefore she can bare her title as HRH and it will be recognized in the US.

Not legally. If she were to have dual citizenship in the US and the UK, should she apply at an US DMV for a driver's license, she would most likely have to use Rachel Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor (if married to Harry). Otherwise, on a visit to the US with Harry she would be known by her title as Kate is. She also would be required to use the Mountbatten-Windsor name filing taxes with the IRS.

For all we know, she may renounce her US citizenship totally and become a British citizen.

:previous: Well, nothing is carved in stone and this is 2017 and the rules of 100, 50, 20 or even 10 years ago are all exactly that, history. As for our old friend Dickie, it seems he neither approves nor is amused by the notion that Prince Harry could possibly be considering marrying a b****y colonial!

His information is in error even for the way the last time they confronted the issue of a non-British bride. Since Dickie has always been the self-appointed arbiter (sorry about the pun) of what is considered "proper", one can only advise him to lay off the vodka and put more "T" with his "G".

Last edited:
One positive thing that comes out of all this is that it invites discussions. We actively go seeking answers that may or may not prove him right or wrong. In this, we learn a bit more of how things work, what happens in a situation like this and even a bit of history to boot if we then delve into the past such as the example of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor.

For me, it beats boatloads of the Fail's fantasy spinning and gossip from every other site in cyberspace filling the thread. We may be following a grand romance between Harry and Meghan but its also teaching us things. :D

It's safe to say, if there's a marriage and Meghan does not receive the title of HRH, that's where the major backlash will come in. I don't think this will happen, because she will be given her due title on her wedding day.

As things stand at the moment wouldn't there have to be a change in law/letters patent for Meghan not to receive the HRH title by default, because she is married to Harry?

I believe so. To not have Harry's titles and styles would also make the marriage morganatic and possibly even affect any children Harry and Meghan may have in the future. It is also the same conundrum that is being raised about Camilla being "Princess Consort" when Charles becomes king.

The kicker is that the appellation of HRH is actually not a title or style but a form of address that shows a royal's proximity to the throne and it is at the monarch's will and pleasure. They can give and take away that on their own whims should they choose to. Like with Edward VIII. When he became king, his title of HRH The Prince of Wales was made moot because he became HM, The King. On abdication, he lost that and George VI had to create him the Duke of Windsor and restore his HRH or otherwise, he'd have been Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David Windsor for the rest of his life. It was the monarch's will and pleasure that he restored David's HRH but also was able to denote that his wife and any offspring would not be entitled to it.

A wife takes her titles and styles from her husband in the UK and that is why when Charles becomes king, Camilla automatically becomes queen. Charles will have no title of "prince" for Camilla to take "princess" from and believe me that subject has been rehashed over and over in various threads here so I'll just leave that be.

Should Meghan marry Harry, she automatically takes the feminine version of the titles and styles from Harry. Its possible that the Queen (or Charles if on the throne when it all happens) could announce that Meghan would not be an HRH but for the life of me, I cannot think of one reason why they would go that route. It just doesn't seem feasible to me.

Hmmm, so many people so OTT concerned about a royal title. For goodness sake, neither Meghan nor Harry are preoccupied the way people are here. Who cares about what freakin' title she gets?! Believe it or not, I seriously doubt Meghan wanting or needing a royal title is why M&H fell in love! It will all work itself out in due time. They are in the relationship, not us. Meghan will hold whatever title she gets should she and Harry finally, God help us all, put rings on it!

But yep, meanwhile it is fun checking out human nature on Internet forums. :argh: :yuk: :wacko: :nonono: :blink: :bounce:

... I went back and checked the link. Unfortunately, I couldn't listen to Mr. Arbiter's commentary as it isn't closed captioned but I did notice that the large lettered "tweet" was not ascribed to Dickie but to the Sun. Perhaps somewhere along the lines what Mr. Arbiter stated and what was tweeted got mixed up? I can't believe someone as credible as Dickie Arbiter would make such a foolish mistake to state that Meghan wouldn't get any title. He should know better. Could someone listen and post exactly what he did say?

I seriously don't believe that anyone (and I mean *anyone*) that is close to Harry and would have an inkling of what his plans are, whether he's going to propose or dye his hair purple would break the circle of trust and leak it to the press...

Facts. We have to remember we're interested in facts and not take rumor and speculation and whatever else the press can dream up to keep "interest" in Harry's situation alive as stuff worth repeating. This is the kind of pressure that happened back in 1980 when another prospective royal bride hit the scene and through their machinations, actually put pressure on the couple to marry. We all know how that turned out too. Hopefully both Harry and Meghan are wise and astute enough to just ignore it all and do as they will in their own way in their own time.

Fact is, Osipi, Dickie Arbiter is NOT credible when it comes to Meghan Markle. He's made it quite clear that he doesn't like Meghan. Just as quite a few posters here have done, as have scads of haters trolling the Internet. And, as someone already pointed out a few posts ago, Dickie Arbiter feels the M&H relationship is just a 'fling.' I'm not sure what you mean by pressure. No one is going to pressure either Meghan or Harry into doing anything they don't want to do. But obviously, quite a few people do want to see members of the royal family pressuring Harry to break up with Meghan, which would also suit Mr. Dickie Arbiter just fine. This thread is not about Diana and Prince Charles, so I won't comment on your reference to 1980.

Look at Mr. Arbiter smirking when the silly blond host brings WTF Wallis Simpson into the discussion, and then has the nerve to be dismissive of 'Americans'!
https://au.tv.yahoo.com/video/watch/36321590/is-a-royal-proposal-from-prince-harry-imminent/#page1

Here's a transcript as you asked, Osipi:

Blondie host: ... Prince Harry will propose to Meghan before his birthday in September when he's turning 33. Do you think that's true?

Arbiter: I ... I [stuttering] I really don't know [nor does Arbiter want to know]. A lot of the tabloid newspapers here in the U.K. have been publishing stories over the past 3 or 4 months saying there's gonna be a proposal sometime after summer, sometime in the autumn. I suppose it's all blown up in Australia today because there's a 20-page pullout in one of the Sunday tabloids today. And that again is suggesting that friends say Harry is going to propose. Well, friends don't actually talk. Harry dumps friends if they do talk, so his friends don't talk. Whether Harry does it or not [proposes] remains to be seen. Meanwhile, Meghan's got her toothbrush in his bathroom. She's got a few clothes hanging in his wardrobe [laughter from hosts; Arbiter also has dismissive levity in his voice as he continues], and she's in and out like she kind of owns the place. So she's getting quite comfortable. We have to wait and see. You know, it would be a lovely surprise, but there is an issue here. Meghan is American. Nothing wrong with being an American, [:ermm:] but Harry is an HRH, and as an American she can't be an HRH, because uh, you don't get titles. You don't even get a courtesy title. So what's going to happen if they do get engaged, if they do get married? Is she going to be fast-tracked to become a British citizen? That is not going to present very well to people who've been in the queue for a long time wanting British nationality. And that is going to be a bit of a political hot potato.

Blondie host: Mmmmm

Male host: Geez

Blondie host in a hoity-toity judgmental tone of voice: And of course the last American who was in the royal family was Wallis Simpson, who was SCANDALOUS. [Arbiter smirks]

Male host in agreement: Caused a stir

Blondie host: [Mock gasp] It's going to be interesting to see how they play this.

You might call that segment 'credible.' To me it's Dickie Arbiter and hosts with sticks up where the sun don't shine, yet still trying to sit in judgement with their jealous noses in the air. Such a boat load of BS and knickers in a twist. By this point, I say M&H should either get engaged and set a wedding date, or call the whole thing off. Meghan Markle does not need Britain, the royal family, or Harry if it comes right down to it. She was doing fine with her life before Harry began 'bombarding her with texts.' If Harry is in love and he's willing to upset the royal courtiers,' journalists,' and friggin stuck-up jealous royal fans' applecarts, then so be it. When/if an engagement & wedding happen, this circus atmosphere portends a whole bunch of apoplectic fits and heart attacks from haters. :shock: :D

Looks like Dickie Arbiter serves up his 'hot potatoes' with SOUR cream. He was clearly being less than genuine when he characterized the possibility of Harry getting engaged to Meghan as 'a lovely surprise.' Yeah right, Dickie. As lovely as a house on fire in your estimation, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Thank you so very much for the actual transcript of the interview with Dickie Arbiter. Needless to say, its really lowered my opinion of the man as a royal reporter immensely. For the most part, in the past, he's been one that I've always deemed as being a credible voice when it comes to royal matters but it seems, like the media, he's also on the downward spiral that the media is on as far as credibility.

When it comes to the royal family and the ins and outs of titles, styles, protocol, precedence and all the other intricate matters that go along with it, it does play an important part when one is trying to learn and understand the monarchy, how it works and what its relevance is. With Harry being Prince Henry of Wales, all of this is part and parcel of who he is, the expectations of his royal roles and his part in the scheme of things. Its not about Harry and Meghan personally but how it all fits into the institution of the monarchy. I'm sure that one of the most precious titles that Harry will want to get in the future will be maybe the simple one that is "Daddy".

Should Meghan marry into the British Royal Family, her titles and styles do matter immensely and her place in the scheme of the "Firm" and the monarchy into the future is a matter of importance. We see this even with Harry under the regulations of a constitutional monarchy being required to attain his monarch's permission to marry. Not his grandmother but his monarch. Harry is also at present a Councilor of State and if called to act on the behalf of the Queen, it carries somewhat of a constitutional duty. (I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this).

I'm sure it will all work out but when you have people like Dickie Arbiter stating things that are totally untrue, those that actually are interested in how things do work and the importance of them (like me) feel the need to clarify just where the man was totally wrong in his statements. Mr. Arbiter perhaps stated a truism as far as titles in the US but neglected to point out the British angle of things. For all we know, Meghan may be going through the process now of gaining dual US-UK British citizenship and hence a good reason why her toothbrush is in Harry's bathroom and her clothes in his closet. She may be fulfilling a residency requirement already. We don't know. I'm not really literate at what gaining a citizenship in the UK involves but I'm willing to bet my last slice of cheesecake that Harry and Meghan have most likely already have become well aware of the requirements.

This isn't a simple boy meets girl, boy married girl kind of situation as it is for most of us. :D

'Substance' perhaps to Harry, but the firm has centuries of class and substance ALREADY...[with or without her].

Whoa, you don't say. ? Wowza, centuries is it now. Class and substance, pray tell. Go back and read your history books and you might discover quite a few Kings and Queens of Great Britain had neither class nor substance when it comes to character, leadership and vision. Sure some were good and decent, some were great and sensible leaders, others were mad, some were needy twits, quite a few were power hungry murderers and adulterers, still others were inbred idiots, and/or inbred unfortunates with inherited diseases. People are people, and every family has their skeletons in the closet. You don't like my high opinion of Meghan Markle. Great! There's obviously no need for you to like her, me, nor what I think of her.

Don't you know wyevale? Meghan is the classiest, kindest, smartest, most accomplished woman who ever lived. Everyone pales in comparison.You must have missed her long form resume that frequently gets posted in this thread :whistling::whistling:...

I certainly know exaggeration and hyperbole when I see it..

She appears to me to be a not especially notable Actress who [like many in her profession] dabbles in Charity work, and writes on her views on humanitarian and other subjects..which is all well and good but...

'Most accomplished Woman who has ever lived' ? PMSL...

FWIW wyevale, you are referencing and quoting your twin DanyT, who is the blatant exaggerator and hyperbole offender. :bangin:

If we could all be as polite, reasonable, judicious, and calming as @Osipi, wouldn't that be something. ;)

Last edited:
Meghan's character and accomplishments and what we think of her are besides the point actually. If Harry was going to run out and buy a "Greatest (fill in the blank) coffee mug for Meghan, its his opinion of her that counts. We don't matter. :D

I see many areas where these two people seem so very compatible and would make a great team together. Neither one of 'em needs a resume of each other before deciding to fall in love. It just happens between two people that have found each other. What makes it work in the long run is compatibility, common interests and the willingness to work as a partnership.

:previous:

And that's just as I said in a previous post @Osipi. None of us are in the M&H relationship. Neither of them are trying to please anyone outside of themselves and each other in regard to how they feel about each other. ? :D

This thread is becoming ever more schizophrenic by the day. ?

It is rather interesting to see Dickie Arbiter and his ilk falling apart at the seams, and showing their 'uh' true colors. :censored:

If I didn't admire what I see and know about both M&H, I wouldn't care in the least about following their romance. I was happy for Will & Kate, and I watched their engagement announcement and press interview, but I didn't follow everything that closely leading up to their wedding. Everyone who's paying attention to the goings-on about M&H has their individual reasons and motivations. Indeed we are finding out a lot about Harry, Meghan, royal protocol, royal history, human nature, ourselves... But whether all of us are willing to acknowledge what we are finding out is another story entirely. ;)

For me, the news of M&H dating broke right around the time of the U.S. presidential election. The election was shocking, worrying and depressing. So I, and I know many other people who said as much, found the happy news of a royal love story quite an intriguing and pleasant distraction from uglier realities. Too bad that tabloids, some journalists and haters galore are turning a delightful romance into an ugly display of greedy opportunistic clickbait trash, bitter jealousy, and hoity-toity fuddy duddiness.

Last edited:
I find it odd that over the years I've found myself more interested in royal watching and learning the ins and outs of just about everything to do with them more than I find it interesting to follow my own country's politics. I'm now working my way back in royal history with biographies to get a better picture of it all.

What is obvious though is that we're living in an era where the media *thinks* it has the power to deem what the people think and that they also see us as a mass of unthinking "sheeple" to blindly follow what they say and take it as gospel truth.

When it comes to Harry and Meghan or any other kind of royal goings on, I stick to TRF and TRF only. This place is adamant about sticking to facts, requesting credible (really credible and the Fail doesn't count) sources and opinions that can be backed by said facts. I cringe when I see links from the Fail with obviously "fake headlines" and links to gossip sites comparable to the National Enquirer and Teen Beat or whatever is popular these days. It tells me that those posting these links are more likely to be "fans" than "royal watchers". Its even sadder to realize that the media realizes that their paychecks are earned from this kind of reporting.

Maybe I've grown to be biased. I actually found TRF looking for silly Ascot hats and didn't have a clue what a constitutional monarchy was nor even that there were such things as Councilors of State. I've found an excellent source of learning here and many have been very patient with me. The "royal" aspect appeals to me more than the "glitz, gossip and the glamor" of the celebrity aura that many have tried to put around the BRF. No wonder Charles once said "I think we're a soap opera". :D

Eh, but not many people are as wise, reasonable, patient and judicious as you @Osipi.

I truly don't have a lot of patience for ignorance and even less for high-minded holier-than-thou attitudes. The haters are unfortunately to be expected and can more easily be ignored than intelligent posters who take offense amidst minor disagreements, or likeminded posters getting beside themselves with each other on how best to behave with no leeway and no margin for error. It's not necessary for any of us to agree, if only we can maintain or better yet obtain at least a semblance of civility. :D I appreciate your general neutrality and tendency to try and seek higher ground, whilst attempting to ferret out positives, sometimes fruitlessly. ;)

But yeah, none of us are actually perfect. Maintaining a sense of humor is crucial. However, even that has become sorely lacking in this thread. Maybe we can blame it all on M&H withdrawal symptoms. :ohmy: Or better yet, just blame it on the numbskull tabloid overblown nonsense. :bang: :sleep:

Last edited:
Can we get back on topic now please? No need to post simply for the sake of posting if there is nothing new to discuss.

Further posts not on Harry and his relationship with Meghan will be removed.

For all we know, Meghan may be going through the process now of gaining dual US-UK British citizenship and hence a good reason why her toothbrush is in Harry's bathroom and her clothes in his closet. She may be fulfilling a residency requirement already. We don't know. I'm not really literate at what gaining a citizenship in the UK involves but I'm willing to bet my last slice of cheesecake that Harry and Meghan have most likely already have become well aware of the requirements.

I think this is an interesting question. I asked my friend google ?
https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen/check-if-you-can-apply

If I understand these rules correctly, it would be very difficult (but perhaps not impossible) for Meghan to become a UK citizen before she marries Harry. The biggest problem would be this: "And you must usually have lived in the UK for at least the 5 years before the date of your application".

Now, it says "usually", so it might not be impossible. I'm also sure that they are very aware of this, and that they have lawyers looking into the matter from all angles.

Hi all! I'm new to this forum and posting for the first time. I've been an avid Suits fan for a long time and actually developed an interest in the British Royals through the Meghan Markle connection.

Based on my knowledge of the Suits schedule, I have constructed my own hypothesis regarding a possible engagement announcement. Last season, a lead character, Gina Torres was written out of the show in the 10th episode of season 6. They will finish filming the first 10 episodes of season 7 by the end of the month. The 10th episode will air on September 13th. I'm guessing Rachel Zane will be written out somewhere around that episode. Just in time for an announcement before the Invictus Games kick off on September 26th.

I also find it fascinating that we can somewhat trace the history of this relationship by analyzing Suits. The back 6 episodes of Season 6 were filmed from Sept-Nov 2016. There is not a single kissing scene between MM and her on screen fiance. This is highly irregular for this show. Even more interesting is the last episode filmed before the 2016 summer hiatus (se06 ep10), in July 2016. There is a deleted scene on youtube which shows MM passionately kissing her "fiance". This scene was replaced by a very platonic interaction. My guess is that the relationship was very serious by then.

This analysis is very interesting. I hope you are correct that an engagement announcement is not far off. Welcome to the forums!!

Please note that several posts have been deleted. As mentioned in previous Mod Note requests, posts relating to Meghan's racial back-ground will be deleted.
With regard to styles and titles for a future wife of Prince Harry, this can be discussed in the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-harry-his-future-wife-and-children-6755.html thread - please be reminded of the obvious fact that anyone legally marrying Prince Harry will be accorded the relevant style and title as his wife.
Now, let us please get back on the topic of Harry's relationship/s and remember the difference between musings and pure speculation. Thank you.

Last edited:
One positive thing that comes out of all this is that it invites discussions. We actively go seeking answers that may or may not prove him right or wrong. In this, we learn a bit more of how things work, what happens in a situation like this and even a bit of history to boot if we then delve into the past such as the example of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor.

For me, it beats boatloads of the Fail's fantasy spinning and gossip from every other site in cyberspace filling the thread. We may be following a grand romance between Harry and Meghan but its also teaching us things. :D

I find it odd that over the years I've found myself more interested in royal watching and learning the ins and outs of just about everything to do with them more than I find it interesting to follow my own country's politics. I'm now working my way back in royal history with biographies to get a better picture of it all.

What is obvious though is that we're living in an era where the media *thinks* it has the power to deem what the people think and that they also see us as a mass of unthinking "sheeple" to blindly follow what they say and take it as gospel truth.

When it comes to Harry and Meghan or any other kind of royal goings on, I stick to TRF and TRF only. This place is adamant about sticking to facts, requesting credible (really credible and the Fail doesn't count) sources and opinions that can be backed by said facts. I cringe when I see links from the Fail with obviously "fake headlines" and links to gossip sites comparable to the National Enquirer and Teen Beat or whatever is popular these days. It tells me that those posting these links are more likely to be "fans" than "royal watchers". Its even sadder to realize that the media realizes that their paychecks are earned from this kind of reporting.

Maybe I've grown to be biased. I actually found TRF looking for silly Ascot hats and didn't have a clue what a constitutional monarchy was nor even that there were such things as Councilors of State. I've found an excellent source of learning here and many have been very patient with me. The "royal" aspect appeals to me more than the "glitz, gossip and the glamor" of the celebrity aura that many have tried to put around the BRF. No wonder Charles once said "I think we're a soap opera". :D
Oh Osipi, how could you do this? My favourite guilty indulgence is time spent on TRF, and now you tell me it's educational! :bang:

Truth be told, I think I found TRF looking for hats as well . . . but discovered a whole new world. Not being xenophobic or anything, but rather a 'Colonial', I started mainly with the BRF and have watched William and Harry pursue their romantic goals with interest, sometimes of the headbanging variety. William was pretty much accounted for before he left University but Harry always seemed so young.

Time has shown that Harry is far more complicated than a lot of people give him credit for. We watched him with Chelsey and thought he was pretty much settled but we all underestimated the depths and lengths the paparazzi would go to, to spy on the BRF. Having discovered how to access William and Harry's voicemail without getting caught meant there was nowhere they went that the paparazzi weren't waiting and, in the end, that along with personal issues, cost him Chelsea.

I don't think any of the parade of women up until Cressida even rated a comment as a possible wife, and even with her, Harry never seemed as light-hearted and demonstrative as he had been with Chelsey. For myself, I thought she seemed a little young and vapid for Harry but eh, what do I know.

The unveiling of an international affair with Meghan Markle that had gone on for months with the respectable media and paparazzi alike all in blissful ignorance tickled my fancy. It was obvious she was very important to him and worth noting that not a whisper had drifted forth from either his or her close friends, co-workers, inside sources at KP, nothing. Hard on the heels of the exposure, Harry did the unpredictable and totally unprecedented, in Nov 2016 he asked the media to back off Meghan and her family.

And yet here we are mid-July and the only thing we do know that we didn't expect is that Harry is not averse to the usual spontaneous PDA's of the ordinary people. Thus we have photos of them holding hands, hugging and kissing, albeit fuzzy by virtue of distance. Now that, in the context of the BRF, is quite something.

...Should Meghan marry Harry, she automatically takes the feminine version of the titles and styles from Harry. Its possible that the Queen (or Charles if on the throne when it all happens) could announce that Meghan would not be an HRH but for the life of me, I cannot think of one reason why they would go that route. It just doesn't seem feasible to me.

Yes, that is what I thought.

I remember something coming out about Sarah after the wedding, thanking the Queen for her title, only to be told it was Andrew who had received the title and as his wife she by default (possibly another of those anti Sarah stories doing the rounds at the time :lol:)

It truly is a fascinating subject to get into and explore and the ins and outs of titles and styles are mind boggling. TRF has a specific thread about titles and styles and the oldest post dates back to 2003. Its a wonderful archive of a lot of information and if I could be so bold, I'd almost equate it as taking a course in the subject. :D

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/questions-about-british-styles-and-titles-258.html

Back to Harry and Meghan, I'm in agreement with Marg that these two people have been absolute geniuses at how they've been able to conduct an almost year long relationship with very, very little information being able to swim the moat into the public venue. They're determined to keep their relationship to themselves at this point and its totally frustrating the public and the media who really want to know it all.

Just when you think the daily fail couldn’t sink any lower.

They have an article which I won't bother to link, about one of Meghan’s uncle's who leads a small church in Florida. They compare his small church saying it doesn't have as many members as the church of England congregation, as if leading a small church is something to be embarrassed about. The uncle and his family declined to be interviewed yet the fail have plastered their pics & tidbits about their life. Going after Meghan is one thing but the harrasment of her relatives who don't crave the limelight crosses the line of decency and is a gross invasion of their privacy.

The fail should be ashamed. The whole article is just dogs & whistles basically highlighting Meghan’s humble beginnings & trying to make fun of her less than wealthy relatives. If only there was a law to ban these sort of things from happening.

Last edited:
Yes, that is what I thought.

I remember something coming out about Sarah after the wedding, thanking the Queen for her title(possibly another of those anti Sarah stories doing the rounds at the time :lol:)
Sarah is not that dumb. For goodness sake....

His grandmother is the head of the Church of England with a global congregation estimated at 25 million.

But Prince Harry could soon be welcoming another religious figurehead into the Royal fold if he ties the knot with actress girlfriend Meghan Markle.

DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal that Meghan's 75-year-old uncle Frederick Markle is the leader of the 'Eastern Orthodox Catholic Church In America'.

It boasts just a single tumbledown chapel in Sanford, Florida, and the reclusive Markle, who goes by the title Bishop Dismas, is the sole clergyman.

And while the church had around 40 members in its 1980s heyday, one former worshiper told DailyMail.com he's not sure if a single person attends services there anymore.

Read More: Meghan Markle's uncle is a bishop with his own church | Daily Mail Online

Daily Fail doing their best at daily harassment. Why track down and harass as described in the caption a 'reclusive' person? Is there no real news for the Fail to report? I guess since the Fail isn't a real newspaper there is no concept of what real news is!

This is harassment, that man did not contact Daily Fail, he is not looking for attention so why bother him. It is clear that Meghan is closest to her mom's side of the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom