Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope, IF Meghan and Harry do marry, that they won't do one of those tacky deals where they sell the wedding pictures!

The strongest indication yet that the story about her trying on wedding dresses is total BS, is The Sun newspaper who initially ran the story on their front page have now taken down the article. The daily fail have also followed by taking theirs down also.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone in Meghan’s camp made a formal complaint. I guess writing that she has recently been trying on wedding gowns is crossing the line because not only is it clearly false but it suggests that a wedding is imminent. Unfortunately the damage has already been done & many other outlets are now carrying the same story.

To be fair, I think that, in this case, there was no foul play on the part of the press, but rather an honest misunderstanding.

Keep in mind that, e.g. in the US and, I believe also in the UK, for a libel claim to succeed in the courts, it is not sufficient to prove that something false was published. It is also to demonstrate that there was malicious intent (in the US) or reckless disregard for the truth (in the UK). Maybe a lawyer can explain it better.

To be fair, I think that, in this case, there was no foul play on the part of the press, but rather an honest misunderstanding

There was nothing honest about this report. If their source was genuine then the article wouldn't have been taken down in less than 24 hrs. Their objective was not for the truth but just to get the clicks.

This story was far fetched from the start. It is inconceivable that Meghan knowing the eyes of the world are on her would walk into a public store to try on wedding gowns in full view of everyone. In the event that H&M got married her dress would be custom made & not off the rack.

Last edited:
There was nothing honest about this report. If their source was genuine then the article wouldn't have been taken down in less than 24 hrs. Their objective was not for the truth but just to get the clicks.

This story was far fetched from the start. It is inconceivable that Meghan knowing the eyes of the world are on her would walk into a public store to try on wedding gowns in full view of everyone. In the event that H&M got married her dress would be custom made & not off the rack.

My assumption is that they were somehow tipped off about the old videos of Meghan trying wedding dresses for Suits and didn't do the necessary fact checking before running the story.

Last edited:
^

I don't think the issue here is that they didn't fact check, but more about the fact that the Daily Fail is all about the click bait and doesn't give a crap about accuracy nor about neutrality.

The tabs will do what they do best; lie and look for clicks. Royal watchers and other people online, must be careful with all the false info and reporting. It's hard to weed out the truth in some cases, but not this one. Unfortunately, with all this modern technology, false news can spread like a forest fire.

Reporting on this pair is simply a tissue of fabrications. For example, the quality (source) of DENIALS in the Gossip Cop blog report: "She also hasn’t been shopping at all,” an impeccable contact tells Gossip Cop."

Who does not shop at all? Not even a call in for take out or lettuce to be delivered?

Notice that GC speaks to a CONTACT rather than a SOURCE. With that language, they could call me and ask what H and M are up to and I could lie through my teeth with a lovely whopper.

Impeccable - I think not!

To be fair, I think that, in this case, there was no foul play on the part of the press, but rather an honest misunderstanding.

Keep in mind that, e.g. in the US and, I believe also in the UK, for a libel claim to succeed in the courts, it is not sufficient to prove that something false was published. It is also to demonstrate that there was malicious intent (in the US) or reckless disregard for the truth (in the UK). Maybe a lawyer can explain it better.

Keep in mind that this is just one of many stories the tabloids have printed that have been false. Are we to assume now that the poor tabloids don't know how to check sources? Isn't that what media are supposed to do, are they that incompetent, perhaps they should stop publishing if they can't get simple facts correct?

Tabloids have trolled Meghan's social media accounts and written numerous articles, printed endless stupid 'look away Harry' stories using clips from Suits and other shows that Meg has appeared in, but this one was a misunderstanding? I don't think so. The misleading intent was there as has been for other articles, including recently saying Meg did a photoshoot to get ready for the coming summer season when the photos were released and already printed in a magazine and were online last year. Tabloids got their hits and clicks that's all they care about. Now other media are running the same wrong story and other people will talk about Harry's girl posing recently and flaunting wedding dresses when she did not do it.

Last edited:
Gossipcop has more on the article being pulled citing legal reasons

https://www.gossipcop.com/meghan-markle-not-try-on-wedding-dresses-fake-news/

In the original article a quote was directly attributed to Meghan. I guess this is one area where she can legally make a claim.

As if Meghan would go into David's Bridal and try on 99 cent wedding gowns off the rack and talk about walking down westminster abbey in some unknown Canadian gown.....first of all she is American and would choose a REAL designer like Vera Wang or Marc Jacobs or choose an up and coming American designer like Michelle Obama did!!!

She might, or, if/as she's marrying a British prince, she might go for a British designer. Or a Canadian one, if she saw a design she really loved. After all, the Emmanuels designed Diana's gown and they were unknowns at the time, so why not an unknown Canadian?

Reactions: hel
One she is not Canadian and has not moral obligation to choose one. She would go with American or British.

Given that the designers she specifically mentioned as her favourite bridal designers are French, Greek, Lebanese, and French respectively, I don't think it's possible at this point to make definitive statements about who she would pick, should she choose to marry again. I like the fact that she's willing to look outside the stereotypical American designer box and appreciates a broad array of international fashion. Not surprising given the world view she's expressed.

Incidentally, ironically poor maligned David's Bridal does actually carry Vera Wang dresses. ?

I think Meg will likely have a designer we never could think of. I don't think she's someone who will go along with a major name. I do hope for an engagement announcement soon though.

Here's an odd twist. Seeing as, in the past, Meghan has designed a clothing line for Reitman in Canada, is it so hard to believe that this talented woman couldn't design her own wedding dress when the time came?

I think its very possible that this is what could happen. She comes up with the design and finds people that can make her design into a reality. I think that would be a totally unique way to go for a totally unique wedding.

I have absolutely no clue who Harry might have bought that painting for but I have to say that I really like it. It doesn't matter who he bought it for but I do think Harry has good taste and if bought for Meghan, she's one lucky gal.

I have absolutely no clue who Harry might have bought that painting for but I have to say that I really like it. It doesn't matter who he bought it for but I do think Harry has good taste and if bought for Meghan, she's one lucky gal.

I don't know...I think it is kind of cutesy.

But tastes differ, especially in art.

The media will do this every time.

A concert in the park sounds fun. I haven't been to a concert in the park in years. Many summers ago in fact.

Except appears the blonde friend was there with one of his guy friends.....not that these details matter or anything....

LaRae

Except appears the blonde friend was there with one of his guy friends.....not that these details matter or anything....

LaRae

Oh no, we're living in a facts don't matter world right now.

what's meghan up to? we haven't seen snaps of these two together in a while...

She just went back to Toronto a few days ago, after being with Harry.

LaRae

Daily Mail is trying to gin up a cheating scandal. I went to the article and took a look at the photos. Harry took selfies with the woman, but he is not putting his hands on her. There are no pictures of Harry looking directly at this woman; and if there were that in itself is no crime. Harry is there with friends laughing and knocking back a beer, not face down on the table with bottles lined up in front of him. It's nothing like William's boys' weekend in Verbier, where he was caught on camera "dad dancing" and putting his hand on the waist on a random female at the party. (I can imagine there was a conversation between William, Kate and the frying pan when that video came out.) Harry probably remembered what happened on his Vegas trip years ago and to William and he was not going to allow himself to be compromised again. And I think if Harry did a repeat of Vegas or copied William's weekend Meghan would cut him loose.

what we are seeing is what we already know and that is that the dailymail doesnt want anyone to be happy bc lord knows that doesnt sell papers..as i roll my eyes...

i want to add i think when it comes to these things alot of people end up projecting their own insecurities on to people and couples they don't even know and that seemed to be very apparent earlier this year..(in reference to the internet in general and not specifically this forum)

lol apparently talking or dancing with people of the opposite sex is a crime..who knew?

Last edited:
Daily Mail is trying to gin up a cheating scandal. I went to the article and took a look at the photos. Harry took selfies with the woman, but he is not putting his hands on her. There are no pictures of Harry looking directly at this woman; and if there were that in itself is no crime. Harry is there with friends laughing and knocking back a beer, not face down on the table with bottles lined up in front of him. It's nothing like William's boys' weekend in Verbier, where he was caught on camera "dad dancing" and putting his hand on the waist on a random female at the party. (I can imagine there was a conversation between William, Kate and the frying pan when that video came out.) Harry probably remembered what happened on his Vegas trip years ago and to William and he was not going to allow himself to be compromised again. And I think if Harry did a repeat of Vegas or copied William's weekend Meghan would cut him loose.

There's a pic of Harry and his mates and one of them is standing with his arm across her shoulders in a familiar manner. Harry's on the other side of the line of them.

LaRae

Pranter, but then there goes the scandal...lol. british press and social media culture seems to really put society in the toliet a bit hasnt it....and of course dm is going off on their own tangents bc Harry gave them NOTHING (pics/news)while they were together in england last week...

they are going to be even more pissed if/when meg and him get married...bc harry will probably be as closed off with the media with his family as william is...

but, the cause for my snarkiness is more the mean/snarky comments i see on the internet about harry from will/kate fans...i see myself as more of will/kate fan...but, the comments about both meg and harry make me embarassed to be part of that fandom..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom