The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #4481  
Old 03-08-2017, 09:37 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 4,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I disagree. We just spent pages talking about optics and 'milestones'. Catherine is a senior member of the family and royal patron of all British tennis.

The tabloids will have a field day from photos of Meghan sitting in the 'cheap seats' while Catherine is fawned over.

The press is looking for any little signal to either proclaim marriage or a breakup. Besides, I doubt Catherine has even met Meghan Markle.
It's been speculated that Meghan's spent most of 2017 living with Harry in London; nothing of course confirmed, but it's believed that she went there sometime after Christmas, that she and Harry went on a Norway trip around New Years, and that asides from her India trip (and the Jamaica wedding) that she's been in London.

Of course, it's all speculation, but the only verified sightings of her since Christmas are India, Jamaica (with Harry), and London (also with Harry) a few weeks back.

Assuming that that's where she's been for the past two months, then it seems logical to assume she's met Will and Kate. I mean... she's been with Harry for what? Six or eight months now? We can probably assume she's met his brother and sister-in-law.
__________________

  #4482  
Old 03-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
It's been speculated that Meghan's spent most of 2017 living with Harry in London; nothing of course confirmed, but it's believed that she went there sometime after Christmas, that she and Harry went on a Norway trip around New Years, and that asides from her India trip (and the Jamaica wedding) that she's been in London.

Of course, it's all speculation, but the only verified sightings of her since Christmas are India, Jamaica (with Harry), and London (also with Harry) a few weeks back.

Assuming that that's where she's been for the past two months, then it seems logical to assume she's met Will and Kate. I mean... she's been with Harry for what? Six or eight months now? We can probably assume she's met his brother and sister-in-law.
I don't think we can assume anything, otherwise Catherine and Chelsy would have met HM a lot sooner than 2008. The Cambridges weren't in Norway or Jamaica, and they still spend the majority of their time in Norfolk.

There's no evidence that Catherine has met Meghan, just like there's no evidence she ever met Cressida. She may have but we really don't know.
__________________

  #4483  
Old 03-08-2017, 09:55 PM
hel hel is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Suits is set to start filming again in March/April I believe. I don't know if/when she'll be doing any promotional work for it.

She's had credited TV/film roles since 2002, although Suits is by far the biggest role she's had. Everything else seem to have been really small roles on TV shows (single episodes) or movies... the "bigger" non-Suits roles she's have had either been in TV movies or indie movies.

She seems to me like a smart woman who is aware of the limitations of a future career in acting; she's written about the struggle he's had with finding role because she's biracial, and I doubt she's not aware that in a post-Suits world it'll be harder, given her age.
April, per this video (link is to exact quote from Gabriel):
https://youtu.be/E89KSoFZm4U?t=6m5s
  #4484  
Old 03-08-2017, 09:59 PM
Abbigail's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 627
Of course we don't have any evidence, but I doubt Meghan hasn't met Kate at this point. There are some things that are safe to assume and I think this is one of them.
  #4485  
Old 03-08-2017, 10:08 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,942
Meghan was at Kensington Palace for what, two months? Where Kate also lives when she's in London? William and Harry have said many times that Harry wanders over all the time, I'd be very surprised if in two months they didn't have dinner together as a foursome.

We'll never know but it seems logical.
  #4486  
Old 03-08-2017, 10:15 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
I doubt they've met each other. Of course it's good PR for Meghan if the tabloids spread gossip about her meeting Princess Charlotte and The Duchess of Cambridge, it makes her look accepted, but that's just 'reporters' trying to keep the story going.

I doubt Catherine even knows what Meghan looks like.
  #4487  
Old 03-08-2017, 10:38 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I wonder where their next appearance will be. Not Pippa's wedding, Meghan won't get an invite. Probably the social season, maybe the polo or Wimbledon.

Although, The Duchess of Cambridge will be in the royal box quite a bit as Royal Patron, so it would have to be on off days.

My bet is the polo. William and Harry usually have several matches throughout the season.

My guess would be that Meghan would not get an invite because she doesn't know Pippa. But if Harry gets an invite Meghan will be on his arm just like she was in Jamaica.
  #4488  
Old 03-08-2017, 10:38 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Meghan was at Kensington Palace for what, two months? Where Kate also lives when she's in London? William and Harry have said many times that Harry wanders over all the time, I'd be very surprised if in two months they didn't have dinner together as a foursome.

We'll never know but it seems logical.
They said Harry would come over when he was hungry to raid their fridge. If Meghan is as good of a cook as she appears to be, I doubt Harry is all that hungry when she's visiting.

They may have met Meghan but I'm not willing to make assumptions. Let's say Meghan and Harry get engaged next year, and she says in her engagement interview that she met the Cambridges at Wimbledon 2017, plenty of people here will be shocked and say "But I assumed!" They were also shocked that Catherine didn't meet HM until 2008, and they were shocked to learn that Catherine and Sarah York have never met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I doubt they met each other. Of course it's good PR for Meghan if the tabloids spread gossip about her meeting Princess Charlotte and The Duchess of Cambridge, it makes her look accepted, but that's just 'reporters' trying to keep the story going.

I doubt Catherine even knows what Meghan looks like.
Who knows. It's said Catherine doesn't read any articles about herself, but she might of seen pictures of Meghan on newspaper covers.

Also, she might watch Suits. I don't know how popular the show is in the UK.

Reversely, if Meghan didn't watch the royal wedding she might not know what Catherine looks like, either.
  #4489  
Old 03-08-2017, 10:40 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I doubt they've met each other. Of course it's good PR for Meghan if the tabloids spread gossip about her meeting Princess Charlotte and The Duchess of Cambridge, it makes her look accepted, but that's just 'reporters' trying to keep the story going.

I doubt Catherine even knows what Meghan looks like.

That is totally ridiculous! That's ALL I will say on the subject.
  #4490  
Old 03-08-2017, 10:42 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,378
So Kate never watches news items on tv then or glimpses newspapers or magazines or exhibits any curiosity when Harry speaks about his girlfriend? Nor would Harry have any photos of Meghan anywhere. Boy, that wouldn't show much closeness between the Cambridges and Harry, now would it? Especially as Kate certainly knew Chelsy and the two were photographed together several times, (though they couldn't be described as friends) so she certainly wasn't staying aloof and unaware in those days.
  #4491  
Old 03-08-2017, 10:51 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I'm going to hazard a guess that the above considerations won't impact Meghan's attendance at Wimbledon. 'Buried' in row 3 or 4 will make little difference if it's the match-up she wants to see in play, methinks.
I agree. From all of the pictures that I saw of Meghan last year at Wimbledon, for the days she was there, she looked quite happy supporting her friend. Also back in July, she hadn't been publicly associated with Harry and she was still in the Royal Box. Anyhow, I think Harry and Meghan will be seen at a sporting event this year, just wonder which one? Rugby, tennis, baseball...
  #4492  
Old 03-08-2017, 10:59 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeT View Post
I agree. From all of the pictures that I saw of Meghan last year at Wimbledon, for the days she was there, she looked quite happy supporting her friend. Also back in July, she hadn't been publicly associated with Harry and she was still in the Royal Box. Anyhow, I think Harry and Meghan will be seen at a sporting event this year, just wonder which one? Rugby, tennis, baseball...
I thought she was in Serena's player box. If she attends in 2017, she might just do the player box again.

It would be interesting to see Harry and Meghan at a Toronto Blue Jays game. Harry would finally have an excuse to wear one of his baseball caps.
  #4493  
Old 03-08-2017, 11:08 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,153
I don't think Meghan was actually in the Royal Box last year.The pictures that I saw she was in Serena's personal box which is on the side of the court.
  #4494  
Old 03-08-2017, 11:12 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I doubt they've met each other. Of course it's good PR for Meghan if the tabloids spread gossip about her meeting Princess Charlotte and The Duchess of Cambridge, it makes her look accepted, but that's just 'reporters' trying to keep the story going.

I doubt Catherine even knows what Meghan looks like.


Wait, what? You think that Kate and William, who are close to Harry and also live in the same palace complex, don't know what his girlfriend, who spent two months living in their same complex looks like?


I... well...

Ok.

That's....
  #4495  
Old 03-08-2017, 11:36 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I thought she was in Serena's player box. If she attends in 2017, she might just do the player box again.

It would be interesting to see Harry and Meghan at a Toronto Blue Jays game. Harry would finally have an excuse to wear one of his baseball caps.
Oh, I thought she was in Serena's box on one days, and RBox another day, perhaps I'm wrong? One of the days she has a black dress on, I think that was Serena's box as Serena's family and Anna Wintour shown, and the other day MM had on a white outfit and hat. Anyhow she was there at Wimbledon and photographed while never being publicly associated with Harry.

Yes, Toronto Blue Jays game would be nice. Harry advertised Invictus Games during this year's Canadian Grey Cup Championship, so maybe a Canadian football game too?
  #4496  
Old 03-08-2017, 11:39 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Folks, Harry's family knows who he's dating. With Harry living at KP and his brother and sister-in-law living there, it's very likely they've met up with each other. If they haven't yet, they will. There's nothing wrong with that and I'm sure they will or (already have) welcome her with open arms.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #4497  
Old 03-08-2017, 11:41 PM
Abbigail's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I doubt they've met each other. Of course it's good PR for Meghan if the tabloids spread gossip about her meeting Princess Charlotte and The Duchess of Cambridge, it makes her look accepted, but that's just 'reporters' trying to keep the story going.

I doubt Catherine even knows what Meghan looks like.
Well considering that Harry released a statement, publicly backed up by his brother, I think it's safe to say Meghan has already been "accepted" as his girlfriend.

I'm not exactly sure what to say about the notion that Kate doesn't know what Meghan looks like. I know you want to downplay the significance of this relationship, but that may be taking it a bit too far! lol
  #4498  
Old 03-08-2017, 11:52 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
It's a laugh to think late first know what Meghan looks like. it's not like she lives in a cave. She will have seen photos or on tv.

Or, she went looking. The Cambridges and Harry are close. They may have mot met since the couple are in Norfolk mainly. But you don't think will and his Wife are curious about Harry's girlfriend. From the statement, we know they recognize her as that. Heck even joe and Jane commoner usually show interest in who their siblings date. Googling someone had become a thing.

As for Wimbledon I doubt Kate is a deciding factor. If Meg goes she goes. Of doesn't want to lead to talk, sit in Serena's box again plain and simple

She has been a guest judge on the cooking chopped junior a few times this season I notice.

I found her most recent article quite articulate and a good read. It's great to see her continued support for much needed causes.
  #4499  
Old 03-09-2017, 01:20 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coastal California, United States
Posts: 1,235
I'm on team Catherine and Meghan have met.
In fact I envision them getting together for yoga sessions (Meghan having taught Catherine the basics) whenever both are at KP & when Eugenie moves in to Ivy Cottage she can join them for a yoga threesome - I jest, but it makes for a nice story.
Wonder if Meghan's bumped into Princess Michael.
  #4500  
Old 03-09-2017, 01:20 AM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 4,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
It's a laugh to think late first know what Meghan looks like. it's nit like she lives in a cave. She will have seen photos or on tv.



Or, she went looking. The Cambridges and Harry are close. They may have mot met since the couple are in Norfolk. But you don't think will and his Eugenie are curious about Harry's girlfriend. From the statement, we know they recognize her as that. Heck even joe and Jane commoner usually show interest in who their siblings date. Googling someone had become a thing.


William, Kate, and Harry have done a few engagements this year (off the top of my head, I know for sure a thing for Heads Together where they raced each other and the Endeavour Awards), and William and Kate have each had a few engagements with each other/solo engagements in London this year. They might not be based out of KP full time yet, but it's reasonable to think they've been there a decent amount this past January/February. Which if it's true that Meghan has been living with Harry in KP, gives them plenty of time to have met her (assuming they hadn't met her sometime in 2016).

The whole "Kate doesn't care who Meghan is, hasn't met her, and doesn't even know what she looks like" line is little more than an attempt to diminish this relationship. Who knows if it's headed towards marriage or not, but there is absolutely no reason to believe that it isn't a serious relationship and that customary things (like meeting siblings) has happened.

That's not to say that Meghan has met Charles/Camilla, the Queen/DoE, George/Charlotte as there is logic to why that wouldn't have happened yet (or it may very well have, there's logic to why it would have too, especially if she has been in London for 2 months), but it's silly to think she hasn't met William and Kate; at least not based on the narrative we're given about the closeness between the Cambridges and Harry, and the belief that Meghan has been in KP for the past two months.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
american archie mountbatten-windsor asia baptism biography birth britain britannia british british royal family buckingham palace camilla's family camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles china chinese clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries crown jewels customs daisy doge of venice dresses duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex elizabeth ii family life gemstones george vi gustaf vi adolf harry and meghan hello! henry viii hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history jack brooksbank japan jewellery kensington palace king edward vii książ castle lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers medical meghan markle monarchy mountbatten names nara period plantinum jubilee politics portugal prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess eugenie queen consort queen louise solomon j solomon spanish royal family speech st edward sussex taiwan thai royal family united states wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×