Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems any time a woman is in a relationship, any new accessory is considered a gift from the man. Like the woman has lost her ability to shop. Or that no one else may have given her a piece. :bang:

Surprised they didn't hint it was a promise ring. To hold her over till filming over :whistling:

It seems any time a woman is in a relationship, any new accessory is considered a gift from the man. Like the woman has lost her ability to shop. Or that no one else may have given her a piece.

So funny, Countessmeout. :p True enough.

Yet, given how savvy Meghan is (and that she does have advisors and is being super-duper careful how she picks her way through the PR minefield now that she is Prince Harry's main squeeze) I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. ;)

Surprised they didn't hint it was a promise ring. To hold her over till filming over.

Now that would be an interesting insight into Meghan's metal. :p A bit of bling will keep her interested. That's my girl! :cool:

Meghan has always worn thumb rings. She owns several, so this story is clearly clickbait. The DM, along with other media outlets, are just starving for information regarding this relationship, and now they are just printing outright lies.

Yes, I noticed that she have a very special relationship with her fans. She may not be widely known, but she has her own following before Harry.

The couple do appear to be very happy. I hope we get a chance to see them emerge as a couple in a more public way at some point. From the very few pictures we have seen so far, they make a beautiful pair.

I'm here to root for Harry & Meghan as well! I would really like to see Diana's boys succeed in love. Harry is my favorite prince just b/c of the way he's able to relate to others. He truly embodies his mom's spirit. DM & most of its readers are just disgusting.

Meghan has always worn thumb rings. She owns several, so this story is clearly clickbait. The DM, along with other media outlets, are just starving for information regarding this relationship, and now they are just printing outright lies.

Okay, so there you go. :flowers: Mystery solved (though Harry still could have bought it for her, though I doubt it, doubt she would accept such a gift at this stage).

Might have been a bit more interesting if it was a nose ring. :whistling:

Tabloids will grasp at anything to make a story and the public eats it all up as gospel truth.

:previous: Funny! Imagine if she did do that! :cool: She never would, of course.

It's been quiet here for a few days, hope everyone is ok!

Newsweek have been following Harry for a year and they have released an article where Harry & sources close to him were interviewed. I found the below quote concerning his relationship with Meghan quite interesting:

“One person close to the prince says Harry is not rushing to “get things done”—royal-speak for proposing. “They obviously get on very well and have a lot in common, but they have not known each other that long. They need to find out if they can have an ordinary relationship within a very unusual setting. I don’t think anything will happen until the end of the year.”

This was an authorized interview & Newsweek is a credible outlet so I’m willing to believe this quote.

It looks like too many have been jumping the gun when it comes to an early engagement!

I think Harry just like William, is deeply affected by the nasty break up & divorce of his parents, and doesn’t want to rush into marriage until he is absolutely sure. While I doubt he will wait as long as William did, but waiting till at least the end of the year seems sensible.

Exclusive: Prince Harry on Chaos After Diana's Death and Why the World Needs 'the Magic' of the Royal Family

This was an authorized interview & Newsweek is a credible outlet so I’m willing to believe this quote.

For me, its never credible if they're unable to name their sources. "One person close to the Prince" could be anyone.

Newsweek have been following Harry for a year and they have released an article where Harry & sources close to him were interviewed. I found the below quote concerning his relationship with Meghan quite interesting:

“One person close to the prince says Harry is not rushing to “get things done”—royal-speak for proposing. “They obviously get on very well and have a lot in common, but they have not known each other that long. They need to find out if they can have an ordinary relationship within a very unusual setting. I don’t think anything will happen until the end of the year.”

It looks like too many have been jumping the gun when it comes to an early engagement!

I think Harry just like William, is deeply affected by the nasty break up & divorce of his parents, and doesn’t want to rush into marriage until he is absolutely sure. While I doubt he will wait as long as William did, but waiting till at least the end of the year seems sensible.

Exclusive: Prince Harry on Chaos After Diana's Death and Why the World Needs 'the Magic' of the Royal Family

Been down this road before! Unnamed sources is not reliable.

For me, its never credible if they're unable to name their sources. "One person close to the Prince" could be anyone.

Unnamed source doesn't mean a story isn't credible. When Camilla Tominey broke the story about Harry & Meghan it came from an anonymous source but it turned out to be true.

There are reasons why some sources prefer to remain anonymous. The article also talks about this:

"Royal officials prefer to remain anonymous in order to speak more freely about the family."

Of course we do not have to believe everything we read, but like I said this was an authorized interview where Harry himself talks at length. Any sources contacted would likely have been approved by Harry.

Last edited:
Assuming they contacted sources approved by Harry. You never know with these people.

LaRae

Assuming they contacted sources approved by Harry. You never know with these people.

LaRae

Newsweek is a highly credible outlet & they've had access to Harry for a year. This isn't some fluff piece & covers many topics.

Everyone is free to read the article in its entirety & make up their own minds!

Harry may not want to rush into marriage, but the consensus opinion on this forum seems to be that Meghan is in a hurry to marry and have children and that she may not want to wait forever herself. I wonder why we should believe that.

Last edited:
I know this ot but, i think the unnamed sources weren't needed...i felt they came off odd in trying to make harry seem amazing...we know that...the quotes weren't necessary..also, let harry speak for himself, im not interested in journalists trying to examine and psychoanalyze his comments.

Also, the timing of this article is strange...invictus isnt for a couple of months...why now? i'll answer my own question...probably diana related bc of her anniversary coming up.. if i were him i would tell my friends to not talk about his relationship, etc..

Harry may not want to rush into marriage, but the consensus opinion on this forum seems to be that Meghan is an hurry to marry and have children and that she may not want to wait forever herself. I wonder why we should believe that.

i disagree with the comment in the article, too...at trooping i got the vibe that he wants to be married like yesterday and have someone there with him...and she is going to be 36...i imagine she doesnt want to wait because if they wait longer...it could be potentially a problem for them to get pregnant...and no women wants to have that struggle. bc at this rate if they get married and have a baby..she'll probably 37 by the time the baby arrives...so as personal as these things are for us to be talking about, its relevant bc he wants to have children..and for women fertility is a time sensitive thing...but, hopefully all is well with them!

Last edited:
Newsweek is a highly credible outlet & they've had access to Harry for a year. This isn't some fluff piece & covers many topics.

No media source is 'highly credible' anymore.

LaRae

Harry may not want to rush into marriage, but the consensus opinion on this forum seems to be that Meghan is an hurry to marry and have children and that she may not want to wait forever herself. I wonder why we should believe that.

I personally have never said Meghan was in a rush to get married. In fact being a divorcée I would say she would be more cautious the 2nd time around. H&M have been together now for roughly a year. If they decide to get married now I don't think that is rushing things. They are both old enough to know what they want. Also both H&M have each said they would like to have kids. Meghan is going to be 36 & I don't think that is old, however she wouldn't want to hang around for years either for a relationship that is going nowhere.

No woman is gonna hang around for years waiting on a guy who doesn't want the same things she does. The fact they've been together around a year or so indicates they are in agreement about what they want...that they are going in the same direction.

LaRae

No media source is 'highly credible' anymore.

LaRae

Some media sources are more credible than others & it is up to individuals to analyze stories for trustworthiness. We all have to get our news from somewhere otherwise what would be the point in reading anything!

I would trust the source and also sources that talk to People tend to be authorized.

I like the quote and hope it puts a damper on all the hysterical marriage articles. Realistically they are two people who clearly like and care for each other and are trying to date in an abnormal situation. I hope this gives them both time to decide what they want on their own time table and not the rabid tabloids who want clickbait.

Last edited:
Folks, the quote could be true. We just have to be careful of the unnamed sources. We've been down the road of reading quotes from unnamed "sources" before and it was a lot of running around with stories that wasn't true. It all help start endless debates and years of bashing of a royal girlfriend.

It's great if Harry and Meghan is taking the time to get to know each other and want to see how everything goes in the Royal environment. Remember, she haven't been exposed to the royal environment yet. Right now she's very busy with her job and causes. Now, perhaps the couple will move in together and take things from there.

It's all a wait and see. We just have to be careful of these stories.

Some media sources are more credible than others & it is up to individuals to analyze stories for trustworthiness. We all have to get our news from somewhere otherwise what would be the point in reading anything!

There is no point in reading anything except for whatever entertainment value a person gets from it.

None of them left are credible anymore. Real journalism is basically dead.

LaRae

.. if i were him i would tell my friends to not talk about his relationship, etc

Perhaps this was a clever way to try to diffuse the engagement talks by getting a friend to speak on his behalf. Public figures do this sometimes when they can't comment themselves. I'm sure H&M must be sick & tired of all the wedding speculation.

Also in fairness to the article only a short paragraph was devoted to his relationship. The rest of it dealt with a wide range of issues.

Last edited:

The unnamed source could even be Harry himself. :ermm: He is asking for calm, I think. I thought he was subdued at the Trooping (but that could be for lots of reasons). However, this has never been a sure thing. Meghan has been willing to entertain the friendship publicly (after a hard-court-press from Harry) but they are far, far from being at a place where they would know it's a forever kind of connection. Too many obstacles (imo) created by the 'royal' stuff, which is why I continue to think that all those societal expectations need to be seriously re-thought and likely dispensed with, else Harry has no chance of finding anyone. JMO.

What specifically do you mean by societal expectations? Are you talking about the public life required or the vetting process or?

If they are still a couple by the end of the year that will be a pretty good indicator where it's headed.

LaRae

Royal friends and officials are rarely willing to be quoted on anything "serious". but I just wish this story would go away.. I don't think he is going to marry her but I wishs that there was a resolution...

Royal friends and officials are rarely willing to be quoted on anything "serious". but I just wish this story would go away.. I don't think he is going to marry her but I wishs that there was a resolution...

Royal friends and sources have always been used to communicate with the public.

Meghan has been willing to entertain the friendship publicly (after a hard-court-press from Harry)

How so? Meghan was already a public figure before she met Harry. Once the relationship became public she has cut down severely on her social media presence, closed down her blog, is rarely seen in public & hasn't once spoken publicly about it.

She has taken a lot of hits from the media, estranged family members & trolls, but she has handled it all with class & grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom