Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meghan's presence would have upstaged the bride that is why she was not seen. I don't care about Pippa or this wedding. I only wanted to see Meghan and Harry steal the show.

Which means that a future Harry/Meghan wedding will be Middleton free?? Lets hope! :p

Seriously, who knows exactly why she wasn't there. I'm inclined to believe though that it isn't as simple as her not being invited or even that she didn't want to take attention away from the bride. There's quite a bit that just isn't adding up to me.

That would be a workable theory except Harry did attend the wedding so it would be normal of him to reciprocate an invite. Fair play would be if James and Donna broke up and he got a new girlfriend, and then an engaged Harry didn't invite the brand new gf (that he likely never met).

Yes, but the ones mentioned wouldn't have been given a plus one.

Plus one is Harry and guest. Meaning any date.

Eugenies invitation epic be Eugenie and Jack. Gabrielle would be Tom and Gabrielle. James would be James and Donna.

I have never been to a wedding with a plus one ever. If you are not in enough of a relationship for your partner to be named on the invitation, you are expected to come single. Has nothing to do with rings. But the whole concept of finding a 'wedding date' makes little sense. Why should the wedding couple pay for a plate for someone you may just have met.

At the time invites were planned, Harry may just have seemed too casual with Meghan.

As for staying at Middleton during the ceremony, or bring in London and Harry going back for her, both seem unrealistic. She isn't going to stay at a strangers house, especially among caterers. Nor is Harry who drove up that morning, going yo drive back to London to pick her up and back. They will need a place tonight after the party. The Cambridges will be at Middleton but Harry and Meg likely had a hotel suite. She is likely hanging out and getting ready for tonight.
The Windsor theory is more plausible; I had no idea of the geography of Berkshire?) so put out the hotel idea, but I would think that a comfy afternoon at the family castle would be more in the Prince's scheme of things for his Meghan.

I don't see how that's most obvious. But if it were, why would Harry want to attend a wedding where his girlfriend (of nearly a year) wasn't invited? Why he was even there at all remains a mystery to me.
As a guest, if you accept the invitiation, youre job is to be cheerful, friendly & make the day as good as possible for the host & other guests. A host can invite anyone he or she likes & if they dont want to invite someones not-live-in-partner that they might never even have met theyre under no obligation to do so. Im sure there are many other people theyd want to invite instead.

I don't see how that's most obvious. But if it were, why would Harry want to attend a wedding where his girlfriend (of nearly a year) wasn't invited? Why he was even there at all remains a mystery to me.
Because it seems possible that whether we see them or not (via photos) Harry, Eugenie and Lady Gabriella must socialize somewhere with Pippa and/or James and they are friends.

I would imagine folks do attend weddings quite often without their boyfriend/girlfriend. Actually I know they do. When his invitation was rec'd did it include a Plus One? We don't know.

I'm not sure why it's a mystery? Even here in the midwest such things go on. I have a daughter that plans to marry in the next year or so...and she's already said the wedding is going to be very small, but they plan to have a reception larger. There will be a number of folks who will not receive an invite to the wedding but will be invited to the reception.

LaRae

The Windsor theory is more plausible; I had no idea of the geography of Berkshire?) so put out the hotel idea, but I would think that a comfy afternoon at the family castle would be more in the Prince's scheme of things for his Meghan.

Meghan who has not even met the queen, staying at her estate when Harry isn't even there is more plausible to you :ermm: Others were joking about Windsor. It's one thing to have her stay at his apartments in London. But to invite her to crash at Windsor, spending the day there when he isn't there :lol:

Only plausible thought she'd be at Windsor is royal lodge. Harry is close to his cousins. Perhaps slim chance they are hanging out with Eugenie at royal lodge as they are all wedding guests.

Windsor is a hour and a half round trip from Bucklebury.

Last edited:
That would be a workable theory except Harry did attend the wedding so it would be normal of him to reciprocate an invite. Fair play would be if James and Donna broke up and he got a new girlfriend, and then an engaged Harry didn't invite the brand new gf (that he likely never met).

Oh goodness, I thought it was fairly obvious that was being facetious? lol Though if we really buy into the "Meghan wasn't invited" theory then Pippa/the Middletons certainly don't come off looking good, especially if they were to show up at a wedding with Meghan as bride.

Because it seems possible that whether we see them or not (via photos) Harry, Eugenie and Lady Gabriella must socialize somewhere with Pippa and/or James and they are friends.

Eh. I doubt they are all that friendly. Certainly, if that were the case, one would think his girlfriend would be at the wedding as well, just like we saw with the others. (And no, I don't buy into the upstaging theory since Harry and Meghan were just recently at another one of Harry's *actual* friend's weddings.)

I would imagine folks do attend weddings quite often without their boyfriend/girlfriend. Actually I know they do. When his invitation was rec'd did it include a Plus One? We don't know.

I'm not sure why it's a mystery? Even here in the midwest such things go on. I have a daughter that plans to marry in the next year or so...and she's already said the wedding is going to be very small, but they plan to have a reception larger. There will be a number of folks who will not receive an invite to the wedding but will be invited to the reception.

LaRae

Why would his not include a Plus One when it's obvious now, that others had a Plus One? And how many folks are traveling to other countries, only to wait around for their significant other to come back from a wedding that they weren't invited to? I'm sorry but that's just weird, IMO. Not at all comparable to normal circumstances.

Last edited:
Oh goodness, I thought it was fairly obvious that was being facetious? lol Though if we really buy into the "Meghan was't invited" theory then Pippa/the Middletons certainly don't come off looking good, especially if they were to show up at a wedding with Meghan as bride.

Eh. I doubt they are all that friendly. Certainly, if that were the case, one would think his girlfriend would be at the wedding as well, just like we saw with the others. (And no, I don't buy into the upstaging theory since Harry and Meghan were just recently at another one of Harry's *actual* friend's weddings.)

Why would his not include a Plus One when it's obvious now, that others had a Plus One? And how many folks are traveling to other countries, only to wait around for their significant other to come back from a wedding that they weren't invited to? I'm sorry but that's just weird, IMO. Not at all comparable to normal circumstances.

It's not obvious others had a plus one. Eugenie has been dating for years. Her invitation likely said Princees Eugenie and Mr Jack... Same with Gabrielle and Donna air. They would have been named on the invitation.

As has been addressed, more people will be at the reception. If she hadn't been invited to part of the wedding, no she would likely not come from Toronto. Adding someone to a party later on is far easier then a limited church space or reception when you'd have set table placings long ago

Folks, Harry and Meghan have arrived at the reception. I think everyone can calm down.

Oh goodness, I thought it was fairly obvious that was being facetious? lol Though if we really buy into the "Meghan wasn't invited" theory then Pippa/the Middletons certainly don't come off looking good, especially if they were to show up at a wedding with Meghan as bride.

My cousins girlfriend, who lived 600 km away, spent his mother & stepdads wedding in his flat watching tv. No +1 was invited and neither she, he had any problems with that. She did not want to be introduced to the family en masse at a wedding.
She did show up at the wedding brunch the day after.

It's not obvious others had a plus one. Eugenie has been dating for years. Her invitation likely said Princees Eugenie and Mr Jack... Same with Gabrielle and Donna air. They would have been named on the invitation.

As has been addressed, more people will be at the reception. If she hadn't been invited to part of the wedding, no she would likely not come from Toronto. Adding someone to a party later on is far easier then a limited church space or reception when you'd have set table placings long ago

All I'm going to say to this is that it's been obvious for awhile now that Harry and Meghan are serious and I've been to enough weddings to know changes are made to accommodate guests. I certainly don't believe that making room for one guest a few months in advance would just be asking too much.

With that said, let me just make it clear that I don't care that Meghan wasn't at the wedding. But these particular circumstances seem odd to me and none of the explanations are adding up.

My cousins girlfriend, who lived 600 km away, spent his mother & stepdads wedding in his flat watching tv. No +1 was invited and neither she, he had any problems with that. She did not want to be introduced to the family en masse at a wedding.
She did show up at the wedding brunch the day after.

Ok. Still doesn't convince me that this situation is any less strange.

Last edited:
The constraint was likely the size of the church so not everyone invited could bring a guest to the church but could bring a guest to one or both of the other events and from there it was Meghan's choice to make the trip knowing she would not be able to attend all of the wedding events.

I certainly tend to agree with your opinion. I definitely see nothing sinister in the fact that Harry's current love was not in the small church. I think things are blown out of whack on this by media.

All I'm going to say to this is that it's been obvious for awhile now that Harry and Meghan are serious and I've been to enough weddings to know changes are made to accommodate guests. I certainly don't believe that making room for one guest a few months in advance would just be asking too much.

With that said, let me just make it clear that I don't care that Meghan wasn't at the wedding. But these particular circumstances seem odd to me and none of the explanations are adding up.

I think what is abnormal in your eyes, is actually really normal in their circle. Jack Brooksbank didn't get invited to either William or Zara's weddings even though he had been dating Eugenie for over a year at that point. During the 3 years Pippa dated Nico, she probably attended around 15 weddings yet Nico was only invited to 2 of those weddings.

And we must not forget that neither Catherine nor Chelsy were invited to Charles and Camilla's church blessing. This all seems rather standard.

Last edited:

If Harry didn't want to attend without girlfriend, he would not have gone. His decision.

I think what is abnormal in your eyes, is actually really normal in their circle. Jack Brooksbank didn't get invited to either William or Zara's wedding even though he had been dating Eugenie for over a year at that point. During the 3 years Pippa dated Nico, she probably attended around 15 weddings yet Nico was only invited to 2 of those weddings.

And we must not forget that neither Catherine nor Chelsy were invited to Charles and Camilla's church blessing. This all seems rather standard.

Huh? We aren't talking about Charles and Camilla here, or even William or Zara. Pippa is a private citizen, so is Harry's friend Tom and he and Meghan showed up to that wedding. So no, I wouldn't say this is standard.

If Harry didn't want to attend without girlfriend, he would not have gone. His decision.

Well that's obvious. I'm just confused as to why he would want to (if we believe Meghan wasn't invited).

I have never been to a wedding with a plus one ever. If you are not in enough of a relationship for your partner to be named on the invitation, you are expected to come single. Has nothing to do with rings. But the whole concept of finding a 'wedding date' makes little sense. Why should the wedding couple pay for a plate for someone you may just have me.

That is exactly what I have always read in Etiquette books unless new revised editions say differently. Heck, a plus one might even be a old drinking buddy.

I agree with you 100%! If she wanted to be there or her presence was requested accommodations could have been made.

Meghan would have upstaged Pippa so it is actually best that she didn't go

Meghan wouldn't have updated the bride folks. It's all about trying to maintain some privacy for Harry and Meghan.

Huh? We aren't talking about Charles and Camilla here, or even William or Zara. Pippa is a private citizen, so is Harry's friend Tom and he and Meghan showed up to that wedding. So no, I wouldn't say this is standard.

Well that's obvious. I'm just confused as to why he would want to (if we believe Meghan wasn't invited).

Well, Catherine and CHelsy weren't invited to Tom Parker-Bowles wedding and he's a private citizen. Pippa only got to bring Nico to two of the many weddings she attended. The many weddings were of private citizens.

In your neck of the woods things may be done differently, and that's fine. But in their world it's not odd.

As for some of the other posts, I get that some people are frustrated that they got lied to by the tabloids, but that's not Pippa's fault and it's not Meghan's fault.

Last year People Magazine claimed Meghan was going to spend Christmas at Amner Hall with the Middleton family. When that didn't happen some Meghan fans were upset. I had hoped that incident would of led to more skepticism when reading articles from an overzealous media, but today has shown me otherwise.

Of course she would have!
In the past few days Meghan's bum was the front cover on no fewer than 5 gossip rags. Social media was all abuzz about her and what she would would be wearing.
It would have been a PR disaster had she attended the ceremony.

Even now, if you check out twitter and other social media sites...there is constant talk of her absence.
One twitter user wrote:
"Can't recall too many weddings where someone's absence effectively upstages the bride.That kind of backfired. " ??

That is exactly what I have always read in Etiquette books unless new revised editions say differently. Heck, a plus one might even be a old drinking buddy.

Yes, according to updated Emily post, the only ones who you are required by courtesy to invite are spouses, fiances and live in partners. Some people will extend this to include people who have dated for over a year. But as Post would say, consistency. If you allow one person a date who they have been together less then a year, you need to permit everyone to do so.

It's also considered rude, even if you are a prince, to insist someone be added last minute.

Last edited:
In the past few days Meghan's bum was the front cover on no fewer than 5 gossip rags. Social media was all abuzz about her and what she would would be wearing.

Even now, if you check out twitter and other social media sites...there is constant talk of her absence.
One twitter user wrote:
"Can't recall too many weddings where someone's absence effectively upstages the bride.That kind of backfired. " ??

No she wouldn't have upstaged Pippa. The only pics would've been provided was arrivals and departures. It's Harry and Meghan that's trying to maintain some privacy right now. It's a slow process of emerging in public as a couple. Harry is trying to do things a bit differently than his past relationships.

One twitter user wrote:
"Can't recall too many weddings where someone's absence effectively upstages the bride.That kind of backfired. " ����
See, this upstaging makes no sense to me. If Pippa/the Middletons are as private as everyone seems to think they are, then the twitterverse and media crowing about Meghan not being at the wedding should not concern them one whit. That their family & friends were there to share in their special day, regardless of who else was or wasn't there, should be all that matters to Pippa, James, and their families. And vice versa for their guests. Harry & Meghan would have been seated in the church by the time the bride arrived, so she would not have had to deal with the media hoopla over H+M.

Alisa - I am not singling you out; just happened to quote you :flowers:

Well, Catherine and CHelsy weren't invited to Tom Parker-Bowles wedding and he's a private citizen. Pippa only got to bring Nico to two of the many weddings she attended. The many weddings were of private citizens.

In your neck of the woods things may be done differently, and that's fine. But in their world it's not odd.

Not sure why you are still going with this argument when it's been pointed out that Meghan and Harry attended a wedding together already. Do they have to attend every wedding together? No. But to say it's standard for a girlfriend/boyfriend not to attend the wedding of a private citizen isn't accurate. And again, I was referring to this particular situation, not suggesting it was merely odd for a girlfriend not to attend a wedding.

]As for some of the other posts, I get that some people are frustrated that they got lied to by the tabloids, but that's not Pippa's fault and it's not Meghan's fault.

Last year People Magazine claimed Meghan was going to spend Christmas at Amner Hall with the Middleton family. When that didn't happen some Meghan fans were upset. I had hoped that incident would of led to more skepticism when reading articles from an overzealous media, but today has shown me otherwise.

Ha. People is one of the more reputable entertainment mags. I don't think they ever reported that. But I could be wrong. Link?

Last edited:
I just want pictures of the reception. Then I want an engagement announcement. Then a wedding. Then some babies!! Is that asking too much? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom