Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the more positive and reasonably fair comments. :)

As far as the 'fighting over the bed position scenario', ;) the nice thing about that is simply having your own separate rooms, which will be possible when/if Harry and Meg are engaged and married, they move into the renovated digs at Kensington Palace (Diana's old apartment wing in KP) -- much larger than Nott Cott.

All couples who are deeply committed learn how to keep the fires burning to ensure that their quality time is fresh, exciting, and fun. Life is about ups and downs too. But if you have a strong bond, communicate well, and manage to have your individual, separate alone time, I think that would tend to help any couple weather the storms of life's complications -- big and small. Plus, these two will be leading a high profile lifestyle with surely many high pressure moments that will keep them on their toes. Through it all, they will likely both encourage and support each other along with having some fun too.

Last edited:
If they marry...they will do so within the next year (I am guessing spring early summer of 2018). Due to their ages they aren't going to have a long relationship/engagement.

If they are still together end of this summer...I expect an engagement (announcement, no telling what they will have done privately) by winter or early next year. Whenever her show is done filming etc. I don't expect her to return to the show.

LaRae
If she doesn't return to the show, I think we can be virtually positive that she and Prince Harry are going to be announcing an engagement. I can't wait. :)

If she doesn't return to the show, I think we can be virtually positive that she and Prince Harry are going to be announcing an engagement. I can't wait. :)

Another thing to be aware of is the possibility of a writers strike coming up in Hollywood....that means she may be out of work sooner rather than later??!!
Save

I really cross my fingers, I love this couple !

Will she and Harry find married life a very different proposition from the excitement of meeting up when tey have time and can get together, and things being all new and fun and passionate...

As someone who married a man after several years of long-distance relationship (we never lived in the same city until shortly before the wedding), this makes me laugh.

Yes, there are brief moments of excitement when you're able to actually see each other, but it's hard to be physically apart. It's hard not to be able to have fun experiences together every day. The reason a long-distance thing is hard to maintain is because it lives or dies by the quality of conversation you're able to have over the phone (and these days, I guess, text, Facetime or Skype).

But that's the good thing, too. When all you can do is talk, you can really get to know each other in a very deep and thorough way. The very long conversations my now-husband and I had every night were excellent preparation for marriage, even if we weren't in the same place very often.

Now, who knows what Harry and Meghan are talking about or how much they're able to talk every day, given the big difference in time zones. But based on my experience, anyway, I wouldn't call the fact that they're currently living far apart an indicator that their relationship is rooted in excitement.

I've started watching "Suits" because of my interest in this relationship and I really enjoy her acting and character on the show. She's a good actress and delivers lines really well- excellent preparation for public speaking and a public role in general.

Cinsidering that for many, the first real inkling of the relationship was Harry's statement regarding the harressment Meghan was facing back last October / November (?) shows how serious it was back then. It has only gone from strength to strength with both parties crossing the ocean a number of times to spend as much time together as their committments allow.
It's been posted earlier that Harry will spend quite a bit of time in Canada this summer where the Invictus Games are to be held.
Harrry's charities take him out of the UK quite a bit, he doesn't have the same level of royal duty as William and could quite possibly have homes both in the UK and elsewhere in the future.
The life Harry and Meghan have together is a lot more open to opportunity than William and Kate's in that regard.

Right now he is a grandson of the queen. Neither he nor William are expected to do full duties. William flies part time and has kids. Harry spends a lot of time abroad. His charity work is royal duties. The pagentry and things like knighting or being counsellor of state are only small percentage of what royals do.

When Charles is king Harrys life will change too. The older royals will start retiring and if not replaced with more bodies like the yorks, William and Harry will both have to pick up their roles ten fold. At least until George and Charlotte are done university and ready for duties, Harry will have to step up. He may continue traveling for Invictus and such but the idea he would live abroad are pipe dreams. And as his uncles and sung slow down eventually, even more.

When Charles is king Harrys life will change too. The older royals will start retiring and if not replaced with more bodies like the yorks, William and Harry will both have to pick up their roles ten fold. At least until George and Charlotte are done university and ready for duties, Harry will have to step up. He may continue traveling for Invictus and such but the idea he would live abroad are pipe dreams. And as his uncles and sung slow down eventually, even more.

Princess Margaret had her home in Mustique as the sibling of the monarch. Prince Charles has a home in Romania right now, despite his fairly heavy schedule of royal duties. So there is precedent for someone in the position Harry will occupy to have a getaway in another nation.

I've always thought that if Harry was ever to get a home outside of the UK, it would be in Africa. Its possible that this will happen. Both Harry and Meghan seem to have taken on causes and issues that relate to Africa especially Harry's Lesotho charity Sentebale.

I think though that if and when Harry would buy a residence outside of the UK, it will have some purpose to it as Charles' property in Romania is available for rental to boost tourism there.

Then again, this couple may really surprise us and go outside of the box on a lot of things we've never even thought of. :D

Well, who knows if these two will get married at all or what they'll decide to do for themselves in that event. But if they did, I would think following Willem-Alexander and Maxima's lead would be smart. They have their own place in Argentina so they can have a designated place to go that is secure and known to their security folks, but also does not belong to anyone else in her family. Given her father's political past, who knows what hay could have been made at some point if their visits to her family had instead been to stay in the home of a man who wasn't even allowed in the country for their wedding, kwim?

In Meghan's case, her family isn't nearly the same level of tinderkeg, but some of them are pretty messy. To have their own home base while visiting her family would let them stay in control of that situation as much as possible. Best of all would be if she bought the place with her own money before the wedding.

When Charles is king Harrys life will change too. The older royals will start retiring and if not replaced with more bodies like the yorks, William and Harry will both have to pick up their roles ten fold.
Harry will have to step up. He may continue traveling for Invictus and such but the idea he would live abroad are pipe dreams. And as his uncles and sung slow down eventually, even more.
I think so too. If he's working here, and for the RF, full time, he isn't going to have that much time to spend at a "home abroad". A holiday home yes, but he should not have a place that he spends a lot of time in.

As someone who married a man after several years of long-distance relationship (we never lived in the same city until shortly before the wedding), this makes me laugh.

Yes, there are brief moments of excitement when you're able to actually see each other, but it's hard to be physically apart. It's hard not to be able to have fun experiences together every day. The reason a long-distance thing is hard to maintain is because it lives or dies by the quality of conversation you're able to have over the phone (and these days, I guess, text, Facetime or Skype).

excitement.
well seems odd to me. I have never had a long distance relationship, but I would say that it is bound to have a fun aspect of "meetng up as honeymooners" and not having the boring parts of living with someone.
and if it is so hard, Meghan and Harry are a couple that have shedloads of money and it wouldn't be hard for them to actually move in together and be together In real life. So I wonder why they haven't done this by now. If they do want to marry, and have kids, surely given that she's in her 30s, they should be moving towards a Real life relationship, testing the water and tehn getting engaged....

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Meghan is contracted to Suits for several more months, a contract she signed before this romance became serious. Also, the couple have lived together day to day, at KP, during Meghan's hiatus from the show,

Yes, Meghan has a contract to suits, and it would be highly unprofessional to break it for a relationship, that has lasted for less than a year. Or any relationship. She can not sign on for next season, but to quit in the middle of this season would just not be good. Imo there's nothing suspect about that.

Also, I don't see how they're not living in real life. Their relationship seems very real to me. In real life she has a job, and lives in Canada. After she and Harry met, they've made a lot of effort to spend as much time together as possible. That seems to me, like it's very real to them too.

Imo they seem to be quite happy and content with their relationship, taking real steps and making effort to make their relationship a priority. Imo there doesn't seem to be much drama between them or in their relationship, all the drama is from outside forces, who don't have much affect on them as individuals or as a couple.

There are lots of real life relationships that couples and families have to endure distance, no matter if they are rich or poor. What's nice in these technology advanced days is that social media, Skype, FaceTime etc makes the distance more palatable. When one gets deployed in the Army, Navy or medical, business, mining fields etc, it is tough, but you can't take your significant other out in the trenches here either and 1000s of people make it work. Just like everything in life sometimes things work out and other times they don't. However, IMO, it isn't rare that people have to deal with distance in a relationship. I guess since I've personally had to deal with it, it doesn't seem like a huge hurdle. In our family we just make and cherish our time together even more, especially since we'll be separated by distance again soon.

Last edited:
^ Meghan is contracted to Suits for several more months, a contract she signed before this romance became serious. Also, the couple have lived together day to day, at KP, during Meghan's hiatus from the show,

We don't actually know how long she's contracted though, do we?

It's assumed that the current cast is signed on until the end of season 7 (currently filming the first half), based on the fact that last year Aaron Korsch (the creator of Suits) signed a 2 year contract with USA (which would take him through the already aired season 6, and the now filming season 7). It seems to be that at the same time the cast was resigning as well - we know that Gina Torres's contract was up at the same time, since she used that to leave the show.

What we don't know is how long Meghan signed for - it could be 2 years like Aaron. Or it could be more. Or it could be less - she could only be signed on for part of season 7. If she is signed on for the full season, or more, she could be able to get out of it, or she could not. And if she's not able to, it could be a moot point entirely - Suits hasn't (yet) been renewed for a season 8.

But realistically, whatever her contract is, and engagement isn't likely to be publicly announced until she's done with the show.

In a Deadline Hollywood entertainment article last year, the show's producer said the that all of the main cast were signed 'through season 7'. Still does that mean to the very end in November or not? Here's the link to that article. Please be aware of spoilers in this article for those of you who watch Suits and are not up to date with Season 6.

‘Suits’ Creator On Summer Finale Big Cast Member Exit & Its Aftermath | Deadline

Last edited:
We don't actually know how long she's contracted though, do we?

It's assumed that the current cast is signed on until the end of season 7 (currently filming the first half), based on the fact that last year Aaron Korsch (the creator of Suits) signed a 2 year contract with USA (which would take him through the already aired season 6, and the now filming season 7). It seems to be that at the same time the cast was resigning as well - we know that Gina Torres's contract was up at the same time, since she used that to leave the show.

What we don't know is how long Meghan signed for - it could be 2 years like Aaron. Or it could be more. Or it could be less - she could only be signed on for part of season 7. If she is signed on for the full season, or more, she could be able to get out of it, or she could not. And if she's not able to, it could be a moot point entirely - Suits hasn't (yet) been renewed for a season 8.

But realistically, whatever her contract is, and engagement isn't likely to be publicly announced until she's done with the show.

When she signed the contract, back before season six, Harry was not even a blip on her radar. There is no reason to think she didn't sign on for a full seventh season. It would be a bizarre contract request for a half a season unless you had a reason like a baby, movie..... Meghan is not psychic as far as we know.

In a Deadline Hollywood entertainment article last year, the show's producer said the that all of the main cast were signed 'through season 7'. Still does that mean to the very end in November or not? Here's the link to that article. Please be aware of spoilers in this article for those of you who watch Suits and are not up to date with Season 6.

‘Suits’ Creator On Summer Finale Big Cast Member Exit & Its Aftermath | Deadline

The way I'm reading that quote is Koran was asked if the cast (other than Gina Torres) was signed on for all of season 7, and he confirmed that they are.

Does take Meghan through to November, and may even delay an engagement announcement until next Spring, when season 7 has finished airing (her announcing an engagement in December might spoil the season finale, especially if it's renewed in the summer).

I'm not convinced that the comment rules out the possibility of the actors being contracted beyond season 7. I doubt they are, because of Korsch's contract, but it is possible.

When she signed the contract, back before season six, Harry was not even a blip on her radar. There is no reason to think she didn't sign on for a full seventh season. It would be a bizarre contract request for a half a season unless you had a reason like a baby, movie..... Meghan is not psychic as far as we know.

Is it a bizarre request? Mid season finale character exits aren't all that uncommon, or contracts that limit a cast member's appearances. Gina Torres' exit from the show is a perfect example - her contract was up in season 5 and she negotiated an exit to take place midway through season 6.

I certainly don't think Meghan negotiated a contract last year based on a relationship that didn't yet exist. But it is very much within the realm of possibility that an actor negotiate a contract that is less than a full season.

Recent clickbait article that Meghan helped Harry learn how to be relaxed in front of cameras is laughable. Surely Prince Harry is happier and more relaxed these days, but he's been in front of cameras since he was a babe-in-arms. Nobody in the media faze Prince Harry, nor do they trip him up. Nor likely do anything the media does surprise him! I think Meghan and Harry support each other and they have apparently come together at the right time in both their lives. But media need to give it a rest with the made-up stories, and especially with the endless and ridiculous snooping around on Meghan's pre-Harry existence.

If not for the relentless prying, Meghan and Harry might be somewhat less over-protective of their every move. The tabloidy situation that exists today seems worse than ever with the level of nothing clickbait stories and the lows to which the majority of the media will stoop.

The way I'm reading that quote is Koran was asked if the cast (other than Gina Torres) was signed on for all of season 7, and he confirmed that they are.

Does take Meghan through to November, and may even delay an engagement announcement until next Spring, when season 7 has finished airing (her announcing an engagement in December might spoil the season finale, especially if it's renewed in the summer).

I'm not convinced that the comment rules out the possibility of the actors being contracted beyond season 7. I doubt they are, because of Korsch's contract, but it is possible.

Is it a bizarre request? Mid season finale character exits aren't all that uncommon, or contracts that limit a cast member's appearances. Gina Torres' exit from the show is a perfect example - her contract was up in season 5 and she negotiated an exit to take place midway through season 6.

I certainly don't think Meghan negotiated a contract last year based on a relationship that didn't yet exist. But it is very much within the realm of possibility that an actor negotiate a contract that is less than a full season.

Gina Torres' situation was different. She knew she wanted to move back to LA for her family when her contract was up at the end of the season 5. They agreed to extend for half a season for storyline purposes. So back to the same point, unless Meghan is psychic, it's extremely unlikely that she signed for one and half season at the end of her last contract.

Gina Torres' situation was different. She knew she wanted to move back to LA for her family when her contract was up at the end of the season 5. They agreed to extend for half a season for storyline purposes. So back to the same point, unless Meghan is psychic, it's extremely unlikely that she signed for one and half season at the end of her last contract.

That's very true, but it's also not impossible given the extenuating circumstances for her to renegotiate her contract and ask to be written off more quickly. We'll see how it works out soon enough I would think. The good thing about Suits is that the ensemble cast makes it easier for individual characters to be written out without the whole show having to go.

What extenuating circumstances? She has a boyfriend? Thankfully most women can balance work and a boyfriend. There us no reason for her to rush her contract. Even if her and Harry plan to marry. If she was going to renegotiate it would have to be soon. The show would need time to write her out before the next half of the show. Unless Harry plans on popping the question in the next few weeks, that seems highly unlikely.

Meghan is an adult. She is not about to abandon her obligations and sit on her butt waiting for a ring. And there is no need for another waity girlfriend. She will have to give it up when engaged but not till then. Nor should she.

As for having possibly decided a year and a half ago why? Actresses don't just choose to leave steady jobs on a whim. She had no new projects, no new boyfriend, no baby plans. No need to move for family.

I think people have got too used to British royal girlfriends willing to be 'available 24/7' that the idea a girlfriend actually has a life outside him seems foreign.

A wedding is highly unlikely before next summer. Plenty of time for herbal finish her contract, and move to London.

:lol: I think Prince Harry likes his Meghan having her own fun and adventurous life and television show behind-the-scenes stories that she can share with him. ;)

It's not a big deal about the length of or terms of Meghan's current Suits contract. No matter the contract length or whatever that she signed, under the circumstances of her high profile relationship, the producers and network I don't imagine will be putting up any restrictive demands. If necessary, they will probably renegotiate and accede to Meghan's wishes, and both sides may already have mutual ducks in a row. Surely the entire situation will keep us all who are not-in-the-know, guessing. Perhaps Meghan and Harry have as well already worked out their mutual plans. They are obviously not in any hurry to let the rest of the world in on their private lives and commitment decisions. And kudos to them! :D

The media is desperate for any scraps to make up clickbait stories.

Meanwhile, I'm still on season 4 of Suits, and I'm not in a hurry either to find out what happens on the series. :) Although I would like to know what's going on with Meghan and Harry, I'd rather be happy for them from afar, rather than seeing the media overly pry into their lives for profit motive. I will wish the best for them and be glad to find out more that's actually true about their relationship when its publicly provided on their terms and in their time frame. Can we think positive thoughts for Meghan & Harry, and enjoy good news when it comes? :flowers:

Last edited:
This is a couple that if and when they marry, they're not going to be jumping off a cliff without a parachute headlong into something they're not sure of.

Harry hasn't let his relationship with Meghan affect the things he has going on his life and the things he needs and wants to do. Same with Meghan. Watching Harry keep his commitments to what he's signed on for with his charities and patronages and tours representing his grandmother is similar to watching Meghan keeping up her contractual obligations and not abandoning her show, her life in Toronto for the sake of a royal romance.

What this tells me is that this is a couple that knows the meaning of living up to the things in life they've committed themselves to while possibly working towards a major change in committing to each other. This alone tells me that should they "contract" to marry, it won't be a commitment made lightly.

Its all good. :D

It's not a big deal about the length of or terms of Meghan's current Suits contract. No matter the contract length or whatever that she signed, under the circumstances of her high profile relationship, the producers and network I don't imagine will be putting up any restrictive demands. If necessary, they will probably renegotiate and accede to Meghan's wishes, and both sides may already have mutual ducks in a row.

Exactly so. :flowers: Totally agree with all you've written here. These things are a bit more yielding than people realize. But I also really doubt that Meghan is making these kind of professional decisions at this juncture (she's not an A-Lister). Asking for a week-off for a high profile wedding is one thing, wriggling out of a contract after scripts have been written .... hmmm ... nope. She's not married to Harry yet, or even engaged (as far as we know). Nothing Meghan has done thus far is irrevocable. Messing with her professionalism (commitment) on a project is not anything I would guess she'd be up for. Long term consequences there (potentially) were she to do that. :flowers:

Last edited:
There are lots of real life relationships that couples and families have to endure distance, no matter if they are rich or poor. What's nice in these technology advanced days is that social media, Skype, FaceTime etc makes the distance more palatable. When one gets deployed in the Army, Navy or medical, business, mining fields etc, it is tough, but you can't take your significant other out in the trenches here either and 1000s of people make it work. Just like everything in life sometimes things work out and other times they don't. However, IMO, it isn't rare that people have to deal with distance in a relationship. I guess since I've personally had to deal with it, it doesn't seem like a huge hurdle. In our family we just make and cherish our time together even more, especially since we'll be separated by distance again soon.

Lots of relationships DO fail because of distance.. that's why there are Dear John letters. If Meghan is rich as she is, she doesn't have to stay away from Harry.. She could give up the job, move to the UK and see what life as a royal wife would be like. if she's so talented, I'm sure she could find other work in the UK, or she could devote her work time to her charity projects which are said to be very important to her. Spending a few weeks with him isn't IMO the same as tyring out what married life would be like.

Has it been confirmed that Meghan asked for a week off? I have also heard reports that filming for Suits was planned to be recessed during the timeframe of May 20 in any case.

Lots of relationships DO fail because of distance.. that's why there are Dear John letters. If Meghan is rich as she is, she doesn't have to stay away from Harry.. She could give up the job, move to the UK and see what life as a royal wife would be like. if she's so talented, I'm sure she could find other work in the UK, or she could devote her work time to her charity projects which are said to be very important to her. Spending a few weeks with him isn't IMO the same as tyring out what married life would be like.

Sure. She could chuck it all to the wind and walk away from obligations and move across the pond and in with Harry and test the waters. Then again, Harry could chuck it all to the wind, renounce his place in succession and give a Bronx cheer to the BRF and move across the pond and move in with Meghan to test the waters.

That doesn't sound like the character makeup of either of these people. As I've previously stated, honoring and fulfilling their commitments show character that would make one think that should they commit to each other, they'd take it very, very seriously.

Guys, she's been slowly untangling herself from different business commitments- her blog, her association with fashion brands. She's backed off of social media, and she's on a show with an ensemble cast going into its 7th season. It's really not a giant stretch to think that *if* the relationship is seriously headed towards marriage, a decision may be made to negotiate an earlier exit from the show than she would have planned were it not for her high-profile relationship that is incompatible with remaining as a working actress. That wouldn't say anything bad about either of their desire or ability to keep commitments- I'd actually take it as a sign of very serious commitment.

We'll see in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom