Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I know this is OT (forgive me) but on the Heads Together podcast a few days ago Harry talked again about having children and mentioned that he was godfather 'to five or six of the children of friends'. I don't know whether he meant in a defacto sense, but if official the number of godchildren Harry has must have exploded recently, since, the last time I looked, he was godfather to Tiggy's younger boy and his mentor Mark Dyer's first son, and that's it. Does anyone know of any more?

Last edited:
:previous: He handled that interview very well and I am in awe of how he never missed a beat when the interviewer asked about his lady. He just seemed to reiterate the benefits of having faced his problems and is enjoying the fruits of it along with William and Catherine.
But if by marrying this person changes everything in your live from what you wear what work you do want opinion you have where you live how much time to see your family raise your children etc etc. it's a huge life change to make
I don't see that marrying Harry will change everything in her life. Luckily she is not in the situation of CP's Maxima and Mary where the adjustment included learning a new life language. Her clothes, both casual and public, are already of an acceptable standard except she may need more of them (and who doesn't love shopping for new clothes) and I doubt she has a problem with her opinions because if she was anti-monarchy she wouldn't be dating Harry and if her general opinions were divergent from Harry's, he wouldn't be dating her.

Sky News Royal Correspondent, Rhiannon Mills, did try to poke Harry about his relationship with Meghan in an interview the other day. Of course, he diplomatically let her know he's "in a good place" in his private life.

See Video Here-
Prince Harry issues rallying call to end mental health 'stigma' - Sky News

When he's ready to let us know more about him and Meghan, he'll say something.

that was so tacky, there is a time and a place for him to talk about that, usually it will be when it is announced. Good prep for Harry to remain on point and not allow the hysteria surrounding his love life affect his message.

:previous: He handled that interview very well and I am in awe of how he never missed a beat when the interviewer asked about his lady. He just seemed to reiterate the benefits of having faced his problems and is enjoying the fruits of it along with William and Catherine.I don't see that marrying Harry will change everything in her life. Luckily she is not in the situation of CP's Maxima and Mary where the adjustment included learning a new life language.

If, however, Meghan is Jewish (as her father) or Catholic (given she attended Catholic school), then she might be expected to convert to Anglicanism prior to marrying Harry, which might be a problem depending on how she feels about it.

Her clothes, both casual and public, are already of an acceptable standard except she may need more of them (and who doesn't love shopping for new clothes) and I doubt she has a problem with her opinions because if she was anti-monarchy she wouldn't be dating Harry and if her general opinions were divergent from Harry's, he wouldn't be dating her.

If, however, Meghan is Jewish (as her father) or Catholic (given she attended Catholic school), then she might be expected to convert to Anglicanism prior to marrying Harry, which might be a problem depending on how she feels about it.

I thought they changed all that and those in the line of succession can marry Catholics and keep their place. Most likely though is that Harry and Meghan would have to vow to bring their children up in the Church of England.

Just as an aside, there are a lot of people who send their children to Catholic parochial schools that are not Catholic.

I thought they changed all that and those in the line of succession can marry Catholics and keep their place. Most likely though is that Harry and Meghan would have to vow to bring their children up in the Church of England.

Just as an aside, there are a lot of people who send their children to Catholic parochial schools that are not Catholic.

Yes, they did change the law, but that doesn't mean she won't be expected to convert. I believe Prince Philip was baptized Greek Orthodox and officially converted to the CoE prior to marrying Princess Elizabeth although there was no legal requirement for him to do so.

I don't know what Meghan's religion is. I am just saying that, if that is indeed the case, not being a Protestant Christian might be another obstacle to her marrying Harry.

Last edited:
I don't think anything about her religion (Jewish/Catholic) will make any difference. He's not the heir and unlikely to ever be.

The situation back when Prince Phillip was marrying Princess Elizabeth there was a big issue with the idea of a foreigner marrying into that position for a host of reasons. Most of the heavy hitters wanted her to many an Englishman not some 'Greek' prince who was basically homeless etc etc.

I don't really imagine anything coming up about her religion causing a issue with the marriage. They will have already gone thru this if things are already serious (as most seem to think).

LaRae

If, however, Meghan is Jewish (as her father)

Traditionally your mother had to be Jewish to be considered part of the faith, but I believe that in some Reform congregations that is no longer the case.

Yes there are many people who attend Catholic schools who are not members of the Roman Catholic church.

Jews don't have the concept of baptism. Ones faith you are born with.

Conservative and Orthodox Jews are matriarchal. You take your religion from your mother. It doesn't matter if your father is gentile. Reform Judaism is different, they are patriarchal. So a child takes it from their father.

If her father is orthodox or conservative, there is a slim chance she is Jewish. Meghan would have had to be converted. They do this with people of all ages, including babies.

I do think Meghan will convert to Anglican if they wed. Even if there is little chance they'd ever see the throne. Religion is central to the family. They attend church as an unit. Even if she doesn't convert fully, I assume she will at least take classes to learn about the church.

Traditionally your mother had to be Jewish to be considered part of the faith, but I believe that in some Reform congregations that is no longer the case.

Yes there are many people who attend Catholic schools who are not members of the Roman Catholic church.

I did some quick research and it looks like Meghan self-identifies as being Jewish.

Although I don't think the BRF is anti-semitic per se, I do think her religion might be an issue for the Queen and the Royal Court. The CoE is the established church in England and the Royal Family is expected to attend Anglican services on a regular basis. How would Meghan feel about it ? Apparently, she is very serious about her Jewish faith and, understandably, she may be reluctant to take part in Christian worship, and even more so to convert.

Also, Meghan being Jewish, how would she feel about her (possible future) children not being raised as Jews or being baptized as Anglicans ?

Last edited:
:previous: It's not like Christianity is foreign to her. She was raised by a Catholic mother and went to a catholic school. Even if she wasn't Catholic herself, she spent a great deal of her childhood surrounded by the faith.

She is also not blind or naive. When she started dating Harry she knew who he was. She knew his faith and the role it would play for his future children. If she wasn't comfortable with her children being Christian, she wouldn't pursue a relationship. When you are in your mid thirties and want kids, you are more serious in choosing your partners. If your partner is of a religion you aren't comfortable raising your kids in, that would be a no go.

Last edited:
:previous: It's not like Christianity is foreign to her. She was raised by a Catholic mother and went to a catholic school. Even if she wasn't Catholic herself, she spent a great deal of her childhood surrounded by the faith.

She is also not blind or naive. When she started dating Harry she knew who he was. She knew his faith and the role it would play for his future children. If she wasn't comfortable with her children being Christian, she wouldn't pursue a relationship. When you are in your mid thirties and want kids, you are more serious in choosing your partners. If your partner is of a religion you aren't comfortable raising your kids in, that would be a no go.

I also doubt either are strongly religious (many people aren't in our generation) and that religion is a strong factor in their choices. I imagine if an engagement happens, they'll consult with the palace on logistics and what really needs to be done to fulfill Harry's royal role and balance that against their personal lives- and they'll make whatever decision is easiest and best for them.

I think the days are pretty well done of a member of the royal family being forbidden from being with someone based on their religion. It would be a very, very bad look. And since Harry is very unlikely to ever ascend the throne, it matters much less for him than it would have before William had children.

If Meghan was a practising Jew then I don't think she would have picked a fun but non-denominational beach wedding in Jamaica when she wed. JMO. I have heard that when she was very much younger and living in LA she and her father were attendees at a LA synagogue (used by some of the Hollywood community) and Meghan would be a regular at some social functions there.

However, there has been absolutely no mention of Meghan attending any synagogue in Toronto where she has been living for the past several years, something that would surely have become known. Also, would an Orthodox Jewish man (if Tom M is Orthodox) necessarily send his daughter to a Catholic girls school? It just seems to me that Meghan's religious beliefs might well be reasonably fluid, given all we know, and she would be quite agreeable to converting to the C of E.

If Meghan was a practising Jew then I don't think she would have picked a fun but non-denominational beach wedding in Jamaica when she wed. JMO. I have heard that when she was very much younger and living in LA she and her father were attendees at a LA synagogue (used by some of the Hollywood community) and Meghan would be a regular at some social functions there.

However, there has been absolutely no mention of Meghan attending any synagogue in Toronto where she has been living for the past several years, something that would surely have become known. Also, would an Orthodox Jewish man (if Tom M is Orthodox) necessarily send his daughter to a Catholic girls school? It just seems to me that Meghan's religious beliefs might well be reasonably fluid, given all we know, and she would be quite agreeable to converting to the C of E.

Honestly I don't know if she is a practicing Jew (AmEng spelling) or not, but she apparently claims to have reconnected with Judaism in her adult life and cleary self-identifies as being Jewish, see e.g. the tweet below.

https://twitter.com/meghanmdaily/status/723478675426033665

If she marries Harry, I suppose she will be the first openly non-Christian woman to marry a British royal, which is a big deal.

Honestly I don't know if she is a practicing Jew (AmEng spelling) or not, but she apparently claims to have reconnected with Judaism in her adult life and cleary self-identifies as being Jewish, see e.g. the tweet below.

https://twitter.com/meghanmdaily/status/723478675426033665

If she marries Harry, I suppose she will be the first openly non-Christian woman to marry a British royal, which is a big deal.

That is not Meghan identifying as Jewish- that is someone who runs a Meghan Markle fan site identifying herself as Jewish. That's why it's signed as "Domi".

The Twitter Page that that tweet was originally taken from is maintained for all things Meghan M (as a support to her 'official' Twitter page) by two close pals/helpers of hers, one of whom is called Domi, and both gals happen to be of the Jewish faith. They often discuss cookery etc.

Meghan may well identify as being Jewish, and it's clear she has friendships in the Jewish community, as well as with people of other religions. And she was very close to her dad as a child and teen especially.

It's just that I'm not convinced that she is a practising Jew, especially as I understand the Reform synagogue in LA welcomed non Jewish friends and family members to its social functions. And given that she, as I've said before, apparently has no links to Toronto synagogues.

Last edited:
Posts referencing Donald Trump have been removed. Politics is not a topic of discussion here at TRF.

These 'reporters' are embarrassing themselves trying to sneak in questions about Harry's personal life. His answers were good, he directed the discussion back to the topic like a pro.

Well to be fair, Harry did kinda open that door when he decided to share his own personal struggles. I don't think you can share aspects on your personal life and not expect some reporter or journalist to try to dig deeper. Of course I totally understand why Harry avoided answering but I don't really blame the reporter for trying to get him to share more. I'm sure Harry expected it and understood that she was essentially doing her job.

These 'reporters' are embarrassing themselves trying to sneak in questions about Harry's personal life. His answers were good, he directed the discussion back to the topic like a pro.

It's their job- they have to try and get the information most likely to get their outlet attention. The PR professionals who work with Harry have the job of training him to stay on message and offer polite responses that don't reveal more than he is comfortable revealing.

Both types of professionals did their job here :)

Harry did a wonderful job deflecting questions about his personal life. Many people get tripped up when a question they weren't expecting gets thrown into the mix but I think, by now, Harry knows that everyone and their grandmother's cat wants to know how the romance is progressing.

As far as opening the door talking about his personal life, the aspect of his personal life that he shared with the public was for a specific purpose of being able to be identified with Heads Together and showing the need to be able to talk about problems rather than keeping it all bottled up. It has absolutely nothing to do with his present love life although he does admit to being "in a good place" today with it.

Very diplomatic, Harry, very diplomatic! :flowers:

Harry did a wonderful job deflecting questions about his personal life. Many people get tripped up when a question they weren't expecting gets thrown into the mix but I think, by now, Harry knows that everyone and their grandmother's cat wants to know how the romance is progressing.

As far as opening the door talking about his personal life, the aspect of his personal life that he shared with the public was for a specific purpose of being able to be identified with Heads Together and showing the need to be able to talk about problems rather than keeping it all bottled up. It has absolutely nothing to do with his present love life although he does admit to being "in a good place" today with it.

Very diplomatic, Harry, very diplomatic! :flowers:

Harry has done an amazing job with this Heads Together Campaign! So on point, diplomatic and authentic!!If I was his girlfriend I would be very proud of him!!

Save

I'm sure Meghan is very proud of Harry and this amazing campaign. He gave Rhiannon just enough to let her know he and Meghan are happy. I liked his answer.

The reporters were doing their job. I don't see anything rude about it.

And Harry did his. He was articulate, stayed on topic and kept focus on the charity. He gave just enough an answer to satisfy them without either revealing too much or coming off as standoffish. It's a balance his brother had trouble with at times. Good to see he is learning that or balance.

And I am certain Meghan is indeed proud of his work.

I believe and think Harry will surprise everyone and have his wedding at St. Paul's. He is a grand figure. He has a larger than life personality. Very charismatic man.

Royal protocol should not determine a royal's location of marriage. It should be at St. Paul's. It should be covered live on TV/Internet so people can feel some type of joy in this troubled world that we live in today.

He is charismatic but not showy. Having a huge flashy wedding doesn't seem him.

St. Paul's is highly unlikely. Charles and Diana married there as they had 3500 guests and Westminster couldn't come close to holding that many. St. Paul is the second largest cathedral in the uk. Harry will not have a wedding even as large as his brother. If anything, he will use Westminster but I think we would only see that if he marries during his father's reign. As a grandson of the monarch and not direct heir, it's not likely to be that scale.

If in London, the chapel at St James seems the most likely. A number of Royal weddings have been there. Or St Georges in Windsor. I do think it will be filmed and some public inclusion but not the big weddings if the eighties or William.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom