The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 11:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

In the modern time where publications sell very little and make money on line, it's all about hits. The more people who click the more money they make from advertisers. So they make up sensationalized stories. Or even such sensationalized titles, which are more interesting then the actual story. It is also why they use things like Kate Middleton in their title. They use things that will come up in a Google search more often.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We need a cash cow emoji to post after we link these kind of articles.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
We need a cash cow emoji to post after we link these kind of articles.
or perhaps they are greedy little piggies?
Old 01-19-2017, 02:30 PM
Majesty

Perhaps she'll just transfer her skills into a life-long role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
If Meghan marries Harry, she will need to give up acting.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post

Sarah has... well, Sarah has Sarah.
There is a bit of a history of members of the BRF having "troublesome" family members.
I think I'd put it that Andrew has Sarah - but Sarah did have her dad's sex scandal.
Linked to High Jinks at a Swank Sex Parlor, Fergie's Dad, Ronald, Stirs Up a Royal Scandal
Old 01-19-2017, 05:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would think that its a given fact that the Windsor family has far more closet space in the various homes and palaces than anyone in Meghan's family in which to hide their skeletons.

I think the point has been very well made so far that neither partner in the relationship have to account for whatever bones are rattling around the closets looking for something to wear. No need for the smelling salts..... yet.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:57 PM
Aristocracy

Each person has an opinion. I continue with mine, I find very difficult Harry to marry Meghan, her family has no class, can speak whatever he likes about Carole, Kate's mother, but she has a lot of class. I can not even imagine Meghan's coarse family next to the royal family.BRF may not have intruded before, but there's always a first time and by Harry's serious face lately, I think this is already happening
Old 01-20-2017, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not to say I agree with you Angel.10, but he does have a serious sour face in a lot of event pics lately.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:49 PM
Serene Highness

That side of Meghan's family has themselves said, that Meghan hasn't been in contact with them in years. She doesn't interact with them at all, why would the royal family interact with them?

There can be no criticism for Meghan's mother or father, they've not said or done a thing.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.10 View Post
Each person has an opinion. I continue with mine, I find very difficult Harry to marry Meghan, her family has no class, can speak whatever he likes about Carole, Kate's mother, but she has a lot of class. I can not even imagine Meghan's coarse family next to the royal family.BRF may not have intruded before, but there's always a first time and by Harry's serious face lately, I think this is already happening
I seriously doubt that should a union occur between Harry and Meghan that her extended family (half-siblings that she has little to no contact with) would be anywhere near the royal family. Her father and mother maybe on occasion but the others are really quite doubtful.

I think the BRF has enough wisdom to know that Harry would be marrying Meghan and that would be what matters. Her family would have absolutely no part in the decision for a marriage to go ahead. As has been pointed out, the Windsors have as many (if not more) cuckoos on their family tree as does Meghan's family or anyone else's family for that matter.

My opinion is that Meghan would be welcomed with open arms into the BRF.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:03 PM
Courtier

Last time we saw Harry, he was lifting a veteran's beard while presenting a medal. Serious face? Hardly! In general, I think it's bad idea to jump to conclusions based on facial expressions.

Only one side of Meghan's family has been making headlines and I don't think it's a coincidence that it's the same family members whom she's seemingly been estranged from for years. At this point, there's no reason to think they would be interacting with Meghan or the royal family.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I seriously doubt that should a union occur between Harry and Meghan that her extended family (half-siblings that she has little to no contact with) would be anywhere near the royal family. Her father and mother maybe on occasion but the others are really quite doubtful.

I think the BRF has enough wisdom to know that Harry would be Meghan and that would be what matters. Her family would have absolutely no part in the decision for a marriage to go ahead. As has been pointed out, the Windsors have as many (if not more) cuckoos on their family tree as does Meghan's family or anyone else's family for that matter.

My opinion is that Meghan would be welcomed with open arms into the BRF.
Exactly! But apparently that makes too much sense for some people and they'd rather focus on pure speculation and middle school gossip.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:24 PM
Courtier

Perhaps now that all their dirty laundry has been aired the estranged half siblings will keep their mouths shut! Their reputations are ruined and I suspect they don't get paid alot for their stupidity. Hopefully they see that in their greed to use Meghan for quick cash they unfortunately have become an object of ridicule and scorn.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Isn't it great when it is Kate, people focus on her classy parents. They over look family like Gary. But with Meghan, her family isn't cut out to be near the queen, based on extended family she has no contact with for years. Her own parents have refused to make any public statement and have done nothing to earn negative comments directed their way.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.10 View Post
it is true that meghan's family has been quite outspoken about meghan's new relationship in ways that the middletons weren't. nothing they have said has been terrible though, but i think the BRF appreciates discretion and that's why kate was so welcomed - because neither her nor her family made a faux pas in that respect, so i also find it difficult for H&M's relationship to go forward. even if meghan doesn't have relationship with this side of the family, it is hardly an ideal situation if they will comment on her life or harry's.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Folks, just because Meghan's estranged family members have said a few things to the media, it will not create a negative effect on Harry and Meghan's relationship and the reception of her to his family.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-20-2017, 04:53 PM
Aristocracy

I don't know that her family matters from Harry's perspective because I think we all know that when you love someone that stuff hardly matters--at least for a time.

However, I do not believe the perception of her family to be inconsequential. Whilst I agree that it is absolutely no fault of Meghan's and is something out of her control, it would be naive to believe that the BRF would want those stories associated with them in any way.

Idk that they would ever tell Harry not to marry her because I think they've seen the importance of having a loving relationship as opposed to one that 'fits the mold.' Though I do think that it would be a sticking point in the media as well as public perception which are both aspects that must be considered if you are part of a royal family.

I'm interested to see how things go because there is so much about this relationship that is different. I would like to see it progress just to see whether it has negative or positive effects toward the concept of monarchy.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:05 PM
Majesty

Gosh... a lot has been said for a couple that is few months into a relationship.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

What I find irritating is that somehow the media and royal watchers always look for royal girlfriends and her family to be perfect, all so they impress an imperfect royal family.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-20-2017, 06:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryGirl View Post
I don't know that her family matters from Harry's perspective because I think we all know that when you love someone that stuff hardly matters--at least for a time.

However, I do not believe the perception of her family to be inconsequential. Whilst I agree that it is absolutely no fault of Meghan's and is something out of her control, it would be naive to believe that the BRF would want those stories associated with them in any way.

Idk that they would ever tell Harry not to marry her because I think they've seen the importance of having a loving relationship as opposed to one that 'fits the mold.' Though I do think that it would be a sticking point in the media as well as public perception which are both aspects that must be considered if you are part of a royal family.

I'm interested to see how things go because there is so much about this relationship that is different. I would like to see it progress just to see whether it has negative or positive effects toward the concept of monarchy.
I don't think anyone is saying the BRF is happy about the stories. But will it cause QE to intervene and tell Harry to end the relationship or that he can't marry her? I don't think so. After approving of Charles and Camilla, I think it would take a lot more than a few unsavory family members for her to object to Harry and Meghan.

Closed Thread