The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 04:24 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meghan-markles-diary-gift-kate-9646180

Is this lady absolutely crazy? Harry knows his sister in law better than a journalist! She had to run the gift by him first! This is so sad...

Old 01-18-2017, 04:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post

Is this lady absolutely crazy? Harry knows his sister in law better than a journalist! She had to run the gift by him first! This is so sad...
Just because its in a UK paper doesn't mean its true. UK tabloids are at hair-pulling point because there is no real news and no pictures. They revert to their mantra

"When in doubt, make it up"

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-18-2017, 04:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post

The media are making this stuff up. There's nothing for them to write about this couple.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-18-2017, 06:23 PM
Majesty

The tweet that was picked up on Tumblr about the man who met Meghan in Delhi has info on the organisation Power Foundation, who convened this conference in India. Apparently the conference Meghan attended was opened by a provincial government Minister.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ripinequality
Old 01-18-2017, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

If Meghan marries Harry, she will need to give up acting.
I really don't see any way she could continue.

However, except for the very top tier like Meryl Streep or Judi Dench, for an actress her career is practically over at forty.

Nor does Meghan strike me as the type of person who would have trouble giving up an acting career to focus on other interests. Time will tell.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The tweet that was picked up on Tumblr has info on the organisation. Apparently the conference was opened by a provincial government Minister.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ripinequality
ugh chumblr pass.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, she would have to give up her acting career. It's pretty much giving up one career to start another...a royal career. I think we all know, if she was allowed to continue acting, the British media would rip her a a new hole. It's just not going to happen and I don't be think there would be any expectation of letting her continue on in the profession.

Meghan will be fine no matter what.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-18-2017, 11:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

It doesn't matter if she was a doctor, teacher or actress or anything else. When you marry a senior Royal, you know you are going to have to give up your career. Anyone dating Harry would know that from the start. If they aren't comfortable giving up their pen career to cut ribbons and do tours, they are dating the wrong man.

That and all the media attention, you are asking a woman a lot. Not many bug career women would consider it. There are those willing to do it for love, Letizia and maxima come to mind, but the challenge is to find them.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
It doesn't matter if she was a doctor, teacher or actress or anything else. When you marry a senior Royal, you know you are going to have to give up your career. Anyone dating Harry would know that from the start. If they aren't comfortable giving up their pen career to cut ribbons and do tours, they are dating the wrong man.

That and all the media attention, you are asking a woman a lot. Not many bug career women would consider it. There are those willing to do it for love, Letizia and maxima come to mind, but the challenge is to find them.
I don't think it's a matter. If these two decide to get married, she knows she'll have to give up her acting career. I don't think it will be an issue, although she'll miss it no doubt. I'm sure Mary, Maxima and others also miss their previous occupations.

I think we have to stop acting like her whole life will come to an end if she marries Harry. Of course, she won't be able to continue being an actress, but her passion for philanthropy and championing other very worthy causes will grow with a royal role.

Right now, they're just dating and trying to figure out what will be next. To get a good and stable relationship off of the ground, one have to take things one step at a time. I know some are thinking about her age and her child bearing years, but I think we just have to give this couple the time and space to do what they feel is right.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-19-2017, 01:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don't think it's a matter. If these two decide to get married, she knows she'll have to give up her acting career. I don't think it will be an issue, although she'll miss it no doubt. I'm sure Mary, Maxima and others also miss their previous occupations.

I think we have to stop acting like her whole life will come to an end if she marries Harry. Of course, she won't be able to continue being an actress, but her passion for philanthropy and championing other very worthy causes will grow with a royal role.

Right now, they're just dating and trying to figure out what will be next. To get a good and stable relationship off of the ground, one have to take things one step at a time. I know some are thinking about her age and her child bearing years, but I think we just have to give this couple the time and space to do what they feel is right.
Just on an offhand side note, Edward and Sophie had their first child, Louise when Sophie was 34 and James four years later when she was 38.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sophie isn't a good example. Yes, both kids ended up healthy, but she had serious troubles.

But there're continental royals who are a better example, like Mary and Victoria.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:29 AM
Serene Highness

Sophie didn't have problems with her pregnancy with James. She gave birth prematurely to Louise and she had an ectopic pregnancy before that.

She was also 38 when she had Louise, not 34, and she was 42 when she had James.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

I agree.

I don't think anyone should marry solely because of children they might have one day.
Meghan will have access to the very best medical care, and there is no reason to anticipate problems, or any need to rush into marriage.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:24 AM
Aristocracy

I don't know what to think anymore about this relationship, I like Meghan, but I think Harry will not marry her because of her family, they are very troublesome people. He will probably suffer pressure from the royal family to leave her.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen is notorious for never interfering in any of her family's relationships and her assent is the only one needed for any hypothetical marriage to go ahead. The BRF are a family of people that meet millions of people as time passes and I'd bet my last glass of 100% mango juice that they're wise enough and savvy enough to know one doesn't base an opinion on someone because of their family.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The Queen is notorious for never interfering in any of her family's relationships and her assent is the only one needed for any hypothetical marriage to go ahead. The BRF are a family of people that meet millions of people as time passes and I'd bet my last glass of 100% mango juice that they're wise enough and savvy enough to know one doesn't base an opinion on someone because of their family.
I agree. And if I was a betting woman, I'd bet, that most people have some relative who has done some criminal or shady stuff. Harry is lucky, if he finds a woman he loves and likes, she's willing to put up with his baggage, and marry him, and she doesn't have any dirt on herself. To demand that her family, whom she's been in no contact with for years, are squeeky clean would be just too much.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

When we're dealing with the media that has the habit of looking under rocks and hard places, the impressions that people will be getting of this relationship of Harry and Meghan could all be filed under the heading "Love is blind but the Daily Mail ain't".

The most important thing in this this relationship should be only two people that love, support and find out something new about their partner every day and walk together on the path to finding out how they want it to be. Family and friends and Aunt Flossie that lives over the bakery shop don't really figure that much into a relationship at all when its new and fresh.

We just have to keep remembering that the Daily Mail and tabloids knows as much about the intimacy of this relationship as we do. Practically nothing.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:55 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.10 View Post
I don't know what to think anymore about this relationship, I like Meghan, but I think Harry will not marry her because of her family, they are very troublesome people. He will probably suffer pressure from the royal family to leave her.

Kate has Uncle Garry.

Diana had her brother.

Sarah has... well, Sarah has Sarah.

Mark Phillips had his affairs.

The late Earl Snowdon had his illegitimate child born literally weeks after his wedding.

The Queen had her Uncle David and Aunt Wallis.

The DoE had his German, Nazi-affiliated brothers-in-law.

There is a bit of a history of members of the BRF having "troublesome" family members.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Kate has Uncle Garry.

Diana had her brother.

Sarah has... well, Sarah has Sarah.

Mark Phillips had his affairs.

The late Earl Snowdon had his illegitimate child born literally weeks after his wedding.

The Queen had her Uncle David and Aunt Wallis.

The DoE had his German, Nazi-affiliated brothers-in-law.

There is a bit of a history of members of the BRF having "troublesome" family members.
Andrew was friends with Bill Epstein and involved in that court case.

Diana was often at odds with her Step Mother Acid Rain

MM and PH are simply dating. They may or may not last. The extreme overreaction is rather peculiar. I've been a royal watcher for years.... and yet a man and a woman dating is going to end the royal family?? VERY PECULIAR!!
Old 01-19-2017, 11:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sensationalism at its very best. No publication would make any money by proclaiming "We still haven't found Harry and Meghan. Does anyone really have a clue where they are?". These sensationalist articles are written to pander to the masses who eat it all up and come back for more. They buy the stories, the writers make money. Actual facts and the people they write about play no part in what they're doing for the most part. They're just the cash cows.