The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #3081  
Old 01-14-2017, 11:05 PM
Abbigail's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
As for holidays, Harry has been to Norway. I wouldn't count the diversion to Toronto on his return home from tour as a holiday, and he was home within days. The skiing holiday is sheer speculation by a tabloid about something that may or may not happen. Few royals do much after Christmas and into January anyway. anyway. A light sprinkling of engagements and that's it. Harry has another coming up next week.
I was going to say that unless/until Harry takes a vacation at an unusual time (i.e. when he normally works) then I don't see the issue. I thought the skiing holiday had become the norm for him.

The idea that people would complain about him taking another vacation with Meghan is interesting though because any time marriage talk comes up, the discussion usually turns to how they haven't been dating long or don't know each other well enough. Ok so, how do you think they are going to get to that stage if they aren't spending time together? Lol Again, as long as Harry is not neglecting his duties, there shouldn't be an issue IMO.
__________________

  #3082  
Old 01-14-2017, 11:19 PM
Abbigail's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
While the royal family has modernized, they aren't quite that modernized. Just like while the media might command them for certain changes, they'll write the most salacious headline they can come up with if there is any intimate scenes with her costar. That's just not how you want an engagement announcement to be treated in the press. That'd be the only concern.
Ok. I understand. I've thought about how Meghan and the show would handle any intimate scenes now that she's dating Harry. And I wouldn't be surprised if she went to the writers and asked to limit those scenes to just kissing or "fade to black" where sex is implied but not shown. We can talk about whether that's really fair or necessary but if it's her choice, I'm ok with it.
__________________

  #3083  
Old 01-14-2017, 11:39 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 489
Charlotte is a baby!!! Why is it so wrong or impossible for Meghan to have met her?? Come on!!!

If this story about her brother is true, so what? He is an adult. Meghan is not responsible for what he does. They have very little contact if any at all.

Look, Harry is in a serious relationship with Meghan. Your objections about it will not change anything or deter Prince Harry in any way. He doesn't care who does not approve. That much was clear in his KP statement he had released a few months ago.

Why can't you just be happy for him and stop attacking this woman? Even if Prince Harry saw your objections and/or comments, he would not care. He may even tell you what you can do your disapproval from what I have read about Harry in the past and of how protective he is of Meghan these days.
  #3084  
Old 01-15-2017, 01:07 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
The way folks are carrying on about this young lady is just beyond silly, imo.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #3085  
Old 01-15-2017, 04:25 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 11,190
I hope that Meghan Markle will join Chelsey Davy and Cressida Bonas on the pile of ex-friends. The popularization and celebritization of the monarchy has gone a step too far. It would be nice when the prince just dates a nice lady from the aristocracy or gentry, who works as a volunteer for St John's Ambulances, or reads English Literature in Oxford or runs a forestry business in Scotland. Why have it always to be those bonbonellas, dedicated to frequenting posh nightlife venues?

I thought that the example of Lady Serena Stanhope, now the Countess of Snowdon, was a pretty nice one.
  #3086  
Old 01-15-2017, 08:12 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 5,919
All posts discussing Meghan's activism/stance on guns has been deleted. Please remember to stay on topic, which is Prince Harry's relationships. Any additional off-topic comments will be deleted.
__________________
  #3087  
Old 01-15-2017, 09:24 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 1,092
Quote:
I hope that Meghan Markle will join Chelsey Davy and Cressida Bonas on the pile of ex-friends. The popularization and celebritization of the monarchy has gone a step too far.
He doesn't understand that he isn't' making the right choices because he keeps choosing the wrong people. His mother had this particular fault; this prejudice he has towards women of his own class is what is getting him into trouble with bad types of women who are either involved in shady work or are friends with real bad types.

Quote:
It would be nice when the prince just dates a nice lady from the aristocracy or gentry, who works as a volunteer for St John's Ambulances, or reads English Literature in Oxford or runs a forestry business in Scotland. Why have it always to be those bonbonellas, dedicated to frequenting posh nightlife venues?
Harry, like his brother and mother, apparently has some kind of prejudice against his own background. You don't see him spending time with the aristocracy or gentry mainly because they prefer solid stable lives and after a wild youth, conform to the expectations and rules of their class.

Harry is living life according to what the press want of him. His main 'audience' is the press and he's paying WAY too much to the self-appointed media guardians. A HUGE problem is how he was pressured to 'normalize' himself, even though he doesn't know what normalcy is.

At some point, we all have to fall in line either through our work or our class rules, or at least follow the law and get on with our lives. It's obvious that neither Harry or William want to fall in line and basically conform and go about their duties and charity work. They keep going out for as man cheap thrills as they can get instead of letting go of their youth.
  #3088  
Old 01-15-2017, 09:53 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
He doesn't understand that he isn't' making the right choices because he keeps choosing the wrong people. His mother had this particular fault; this prejudice he has towards women of his own class is what is getting him into trouble with bad types of women who are either involved in shady work or are friends with real bad types.



Harry, like his brother and mother, apparently has some kind of prejudice against his own background. You don't see him spending time with the aristocracy or gentry mainly because they prefer solid stable lives and after a wild youth, conform to the expectations and rules of their class.

Harry is living life according to what the press want of him. His main 'audience' is the press and he's paying WAY too much to the self-appointed media guardians. A HUGE problem is how he was pressured to 'normalize' himself, even though he doesn't know what normalcy is.

At some point, we all have to fall in line either through our work or our class rules, or at least follow the law and get on with our lives. It's obvious that neither Harry or William want to fall in line and basically conform and go about their duties and charity work. They keep going out for as man cheap thrills as they can get instead of letting go of their youth.
Wow, I think I just time traveled to the 70s. BTW, Cressida Bonas' grandfather was of nobility. So there goes your argument about his prejudice against girls of his own class. As for his media guardian that's trying to please. WHAT?!?!? He's becoming the master of hiding. Eventually they find out, but he's gotten pretty good at keeping his relationships a secret for some months before the press discovers it. Honestly, I don't see how Chelsy, Cressida, and Meghan fall into the "shady work" and "bad types" you speak of? Chelsy liked partying, but that's hardly shady or bad type? I can't think of anything that's too wrong with Cressida. She couldn't handle people making unfair criticism of her, which isn't really a terrible thing per se. As for Meghan, I think she's a fine woman who works hard and knows herself and what she believes in well.
  #3089  
Old 01-15-2017, 10:34 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Why do people make this relationship so complicated?
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #3090  
Old 01-15-2017, 10:39 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Why do people make this relationship so complicated?
Because they want a Disney princess and a happy ever after.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #3091  
Old 01-15-2017, 10:41 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Because they want a Disney princess and a happy ever after.

Yup- instead of actual humans with complicated lives.

I also suspect more than a little racism goes into the criticisms.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
  #3092  
Old 01-15-2017, 10:45 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Because they want a Disney princess and a happy ever after.
It's all so simple, but they take this stuff to very unnecessary levels. It's not even all that deep. My God!!!
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #3093  
Old 01-15-2017, 11:39 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Why do people make this relationship so complicated?
Because people don't have a good reason not to like her, but they don't like her. So in order to justify their own internal feelings, they come up with reasons why there MUST be something wrong with her and it can't just be two people being in love.
  #3094  
Old 01-16-2017, 12:20 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I hope that Meghan Markle will join Chelsey Davy and Cressida Bonas on the pile of ex-friends. The popularization and celebritization of the monarchy has gone a step too far. It would be nice when the prince just dates a nice lady from the aristocracy or gentry, who works as a volunteer for St John's Ambulances, or reads English Literature in Oxford or runs a forestry business in Scotland. Why have it always to be those bonbonellas, dedicated to frequenting posh nightlife venues?

I thought that the example of Lady Serena Stanhope, now the Countess of Snowdon, was a pretty nice one.
So you want him to date a woman, based on your college comment, who is in her early twenties? Yes because we see how well that she difference works.

What makes serena so much better? She sells soap. Has no fancy education or career. Oh wait, she is an aristocrat, that is all that matters.

Chelsy came from money. She graduated from law school. Cressida was an university student when they dated as you promote, and has an aristocratic background on her mothers side.

Bellabon only interested in parties? Yes those are the words to describe an actress, an UN advocate and ambassador for world vision. Clearly she is an airhead party girl.

The reality is many so called aristocratic brides are going to be the party girls you dread. Are you okay with a party girl if dad is an earl? And if they actually do have careers, why would they give them up? Unlike viscountess Lindley, or the countess of ulster or St. Andrews, Harry's wife will have to give up any career she had. If she is your dream bride, a rich aristocratic career girl, what does she gain from marrying Harry but losing her freedom and career? She already has money, a title and likely a nice home.
  #3095  
Old 01-16-2017, 12:35 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Because people don't have a good reason not to like her, but they don't like her. So in order to justify their own internal feelings, they come up with reasons why there MUST be something wrong with her and it can't just be two people being in love.
Well, people just need to calm down. It's just two people dating and having a god time. It's not two Gods getting together to rule the world.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #3096  
Old 01-16-2017, 12:40 AM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
So you want him to date a woman, based on your college comment, who is in her early twenties? Yes because we see how well that she difference works.

What malesvserena so much better? She sells soap. Has no fancy education or career. Oh wait, she is an aristocrat, that is all that matters.

Chelsy came from money. She graduated from law school. Cressida was an university student when they dated as you promote, and has an aristocratic background on her mothers side.

Bellabon only interested in parties? Yes those are the words to describe an actress, an UN advocate and ambassador for world vision. Clearly she us an airhead party girl.

The reality is many so called aristocratic brides are going to be the party girls you dread. Are you okay eith a party girl if dad us an earl? And if they actually do have careers, why would they give them up? Unlike viscountess Lindley, or the countess of ulster or St. Andrews, Harry's wife will have to give up any career she had. If she us your dream bride, a rich aristocratic career girl, what does she gain from marrying Harry but losing her freedom and career? She already has money, a title and likely a nice home.

The person you're responding to passionately believes in weird ideas about royals only marrying royals or aristocracy- some very regressive stuff that is racist, sexist and generally distasteful to anyone who believes that all human beings are worthy of being loved. Don't expect a sensible response.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
  #3097  
Old 01-16-2017, 01:08 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 3,261
Yet, even though i don't agree with it either, it is a valid opinion on a royal forum, as it has been that way (royals marrying royals) for centuries...

That said, imo the UK royals have learned in the past that just because a spouse comes from a royal or noble background doesn't mean a marriage will work.

I hope P.Harry will find (has found?) a woman he loves and who is strong enough to deal with the side effects of marrying into royalty (because even if she isn't a full time royal herself, there will be side effects, like hightened media exposure)
__________________
Wisdom begins in wonder - Socrates
  #3098  
Old 01-16-2017, 01:25 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
That whole 'fairy tale' thing was tried and found wanting....let's let Harry try it his own way and see what happens. It's worked quite well for William.

LaRae
  #3099  
Old 01-16-2017, 03:15 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coastal California, United States
Posts: 1,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Yup- instead of actual humans with complicated lives.

I also suspect more than a little racism goes into the criticisms.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Because people don't have a good reason not to like her, but they don't like her. So in order to justify their own internal feelings, they come up with reasons why there MUST be something wrong with her and it can't just be two people being in love.
I think it is unfortunate to suggest that just because some one expresses reservations about Harry & Meghan ultimately marrying they are racist and/or 'don't like her.' She seems a pleasant enough person and more naturally philanthropic than many.
However, both she and Harry come from broken homes and she being divorced suggests that she is (or was) impulsive and married too soon, or that she does not (or did not) view marriage as a life long commitment. Which is not to say that she hasn't grown, but suggests to me that it would be a mistake to rush things. After all, Harry's father & mother rushed into marriage and that was a disaster.
The fact that they live on different continents presents added problems. They cannot really know each other well until they spend time together - not the heady, breathless, falling in love time, but the boring day to day time that will enable them to truly know how compatable as life partners they are.
Unfortunately when you marry a senior member of the RF, you are getting both a man and a role - a career, if you will - and you are giving up whatever career you had or hoped to have. You become a target for the press, lies will be written about you, your hair, your clothes, your shoes, how you hold your purse, etc. will be dissected and criticized. That's a lot for any woman to digest & not a decision to be taken lightly or hastily.
In fairy tales true love conquers all, but in real life sometimes it doesn't.
I hope they take enough time for both of their sakes, that the mad rush of infatuation fades and they see whether they can build the partnership and dedication to each other they'll need to survive the life in a fish bowl Harry & whomever his bride is are destined to lead.
  #3100  
Old 01-16-2017, 04:56 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
^

IMHO its a bit unfair to make assumptions, that she married in haste, she was together with her ex-husband for about a decade. That's a long term commitment. We have no clue why they decided to get divorced, but there were 2 people in that relationship, so it's not fair to suggest that it reflects Meghan's views.

UsWeekly reports, that Meghan met Kate and Charlotte. They have quite a bit details, I'm inclined to believe this report.
Prince Harry Introduces Meghan Markle to Duchess Kate, Charlotte - Us Weekly

Her estranged half brother and his whole crew decided to issue public apologies and interviews, and I'm going to give props to Meghan to having the guts and wisdom to cut those people out of her life, who aren't good for her.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
america american archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian baby names birth britain britannia british royal family camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries coronation customs daisy doge of venice duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style gemstones george vi gradenigo hello! henry viii highgrove hochberg house of windsor japan jewellery książ castle liechtenstein line of succession list of rulers medical monarchist movements monarchists mongolia mountbatten nara period pless politics portugal prince harry princess eugenie queen elizabeth ii queen louise royal ancestry royalty of taiwan solomon j solomon spanish royal family suthida taiwan thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:09 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×