The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 08:59 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
So it's ok for her to meet the future king and queen, and have conversations. But not ok to meet a toddler that can't string a sentence together? What would she say? Charlotte walked around and smiled?
Riiiight??

Old 01-14-2017, 09:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
So it's ok for her to meet the future king and queen, and have conversations. But not ok to meet a toddler that can't string a sentence together? What would she say? Charlotte walked around and smiled?
Has Meghan met William and Catherine? There's a lot of tabloid gossip but we don't know anything. From what I can see, Meghan has been in London and Harry has been in Toronto. That's it.

Of course tabloids have to make all of this into a story but I'm willing to wager Meghan hasn't been within a hundred feet of Princess Charlotte.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:03 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Has Meghan met William and Catherine? There's a lot of tabloid gossip but we don't know anything. From what I can see, Meghan has been in London and Harry has been in Toronto. That's it.

Of course tabloids have to make all of this into a story but I'm willing to wager Meghan hasn't been within a hundred feet of Princess Charlotte.

Difference in opinions and we could all go around in circles about this. To each their own.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:04 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubymariec613 View Post
Riiiight??
Hey now, she could've gurgled or something! Haha.

Quote:
Difference in opinions and we could all go around in circles about this. To each their own.
Yup, you're completely right!
Old 01-14-2017, 09:15 PM
Majesty

None of this is to say Harry and Meghan aren't 'serious'. It just takes more than being a girlfriend for 8 months before you get to see the 'shiny rocks'

The BRF is almost cult like. Meghan hasn't run the gauntlet. She hasn't been seasoned yet.

If this relationship is for real, there is lots of time to meet members of the family.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:

Whether she met the baby or not, I'd also be very surprised if she has not been introduced to his family yet. 8 months is a very solid start and their relationship seems very serious. As Harry is said to be very close to Kate, it would make complete sense that they've met at this point, especially if they're both in London at the same time and with Harry living yards away from them.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It may not be meeting The Queen but Princess Charlotte isn't just any royal. For all we know Meghan and Harry break up in a year's time and she does a tell all with Piers Morgan.

Exactly !

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-14-2017, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
None of this is to say Harry and Meghan aren't 'serious'. It just takes more than being a girlfriend for 8 months before you get to see the 'shiny rocks'

The BRF is almost cult like. Meghan hasn't run the gauntlet. She hasn't been seasoned yet.

If this relationship is for real, there is lots of time to meet members of the family.
I don't see Charlotte as a "shiny rock"? She's Harry's niece. Meghan is Harry's girlfriend. Their relationship is serious enough that she stays over at Kensington Palace rather than elsewhere. And from what we can see, William and Harry are tight as thieves. It's likely that after months of dating, he'd introduce Meghan to them. And what is Kate supposed to do? Send Charlotte to her room when Meghan is over? Let's not act like this is like meeting the Queen or Prince Charles.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

But worried if he takes off on another holiday with her not a good look and I wouldn't blame media if they call him on it. ALL the young royals need to work more

Old 01-14-2017, 09:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeTee20 View Post
I think she talks to her dad. He's the only who hasn't said anything publicly about her.
I don't believe her mother has, either, other than to say no comment when running the press gauntlet.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
But worried if he takes off on another holiday with her not a good look and I wouldn't blame media if they call him on it. ALL the young royals need to work more

Who cares? They'll always find something to complain about. They have every right to live their lives the same way as anyone else.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Exactly--She's not a stranger off the street. This is a 100% normal step in any relationship. Good lord, it's not like she's meeting the queen.
And it's not like Harry hasn't already shown that he's willing to do things differently with this relationship. I really thought KP releasing that statement would make us all a little less skeptical about what is or isn't possible with Harry. Yet some still have doubts about even the most basic aspects of his relationship with Meghan. I understand why, but if an engagement does happen by the end of this year, no one should be surprised. The signs have been there from the start, guys.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:56 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
And it's not like Harry hasn't already shown that he's willing to do things differently with this relationship. I really thought KP releasing that statement would make us all a little less skeptical about what is or isn't possible with Harry. Yet some still have doubts about even the most basic aspects of his relationship with Meghan. I understand why, but if an engagement does happen by the end of this year, no one should be surprised. The signs have been there from the start, guys.

I completely agree! Part of the reason I'm also not understanding all the doubt
Old 01-14-2017, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think releasing a statement with his letterhead from Kensington Palace has erased all doubts that this relationship isn't serious. I don't know if an engagement would happen by end of year simply because marrying a senior member of the BRF isn't like marrying your average Joe. There are customs that one would need to adapt to, and her filming schedule does not allow a significant amount of time to be dedicated to that until end of this year. I also don't think it's good for Suits to be airing while a royal engagement is announced.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwagner View Post
Who cares? They'll always find something to complain about. They have every right to live their lives the same way as anyone else.

Actually I care and their royal and don't have the right to live their lives as they want if they want the BRF to continue
But I don't think you would understand what I'm talking about and it's off topic

Old 01-14-2017, 10:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post

I think that's a fair point. At the moment Harry is tabloid favourite because his private life is producing news; doesn't matter if it comes to anything or not because it will still be news. Doing charity work, meeting the public are not news its just what is expected in order to "pay your way".

But being favourite wont last - never has, never will. He has to find the balance between his private life (not easy with the distance issues) and doing enough royal work. He has responsibilities.

Many posters on here are just focussing on the relationship because that is what the thread is about. But undertaking royal duties eats into time needed to build that relationship.

It's tricky.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-14-2017, 10:22 PM

About the Cambridge kids, it's pure speculation. Since we'll never know, do we have to argue about it?
Old 01-14-2017, 10:38 PM
Majesty

As for holidays, Harry has been to Norway. I wouldn't count the diversion to Toronto on his return home from tour as a holiday, and he was home within days. The skiing holiday is sheer speculation by a tabloid about something that may or may not happen. Few royals do much after Christmas and into January anyway. anyway. A light sprinkling of engagements and that's it. Harry has another coming up next week.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think releasing a statement with his letterhead from Kensington Palace has erased all doubts that this relationship isn't serious. I don't know if an engagement would happen by end of year simply because marrying a senior member of the BRF isn't like marrying your average Joe. There are customs that one would need to adapt to, and her filming schedule does not allow a significant amount of time to be dedicated to that until end of this year. I also don't think it's good for Suits to be airing while a royal engagement is announced.
Well to be clear, if an engagement does happen, I think it would be late in the year, when her filming is over. Although it's entirely possible that she could be written off the show before the end of the season. Either way, I don't see the big problem with an engagement being announcement while Suits is airing?

I get your point about her marrying into the BRF but again, this relationship is not unfolding like most others. And we are talking about two people in their 30s who have stated in the last year that they can't wait to start a family. They already know what they want and what they have to do to make it happen. I personally don't doubt that Meghan has been getting a "history lesson" for months now.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well to be clear, if an engagement does happen, I think it would be late in the year, when her filming is over. Although it's entirely possible that she could be written off the show before the end of the season. Either way, I don't see the big problem with an engagement being announcement while Suits is airing?

I get your point about her marrying into the BRF but again, this relationship is not unfolding like most others. And we are talking about two people in their 30s who have stated in the last year that they can't wait to start a family. They already know what they want and what they have to do to make it happen. I personally don't doubt that Meghan has been getting a "history lesson" for months now.
While the royal family has modernized, they aren't quite that modernized. Just like while the media might command them for certain changes, they'll write the most salacious headline they can come up with if there is any intimate scenes with her costar. That's just not how you want an engagement announcement to be treated in the press. That'd be the only concern.

Closed Thread