The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #3061  
Old 01-14-2017, 08:59 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
So it's ok for her to meet the future king and queen, and have conversations. But not ok to meet a toddler that can't string a sentence together? What would she say? Charlotte walked around and smiled?
Riiiight??
__________________

  #3062  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:01 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
So it's ok for her to meet the future king and queen, and have conversations. But not ok to meet a toddler that can't string a sentence together? What would she say? Charlotte walked around and smiled?
Has Meghan met William and Catherine? There's a lot of tabloid gossip but we don't know anything. From what I can see, Meghan has been in London and Harry has been in Toronto. That's it.

Of course tabloids have to make all of this into a story but I'm willing to wager Meghan hasn't been within a hundred feet of Princess Charlotte.
__________________

  #3063  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:03 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Has Meghan met William and Catherine? There's a lot of tabloid gossip but we don't know anything. From what I can see, Meghan has been in London and Harry has been in Toronto. That's it.

Of course tabloids have to make all of this into a story but I'm willing to wager Meghan hasn't been within a hundred feet of Princess Charlotte.

Difference in opinions and we could all go around in circles about this. To each their own.
  #3064  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:04 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Madison, United States
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubymariec613 View Post
Riiiight??
Hey now, she could've gurgled or something! Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubymariec613 View Post
Difference in opinions and we could all go around in circles about this. To each their own.
Yup, you're completely right!
  #3065  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:15 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
None of this is to say Harry and Meghan aren't 'serious'. It just takes more than being a girlfriend for 8 months before you get to see the 'shiny rocks'

The BRF is almost cult like. Meghan hasn't run the gauntlet. She hasn't been seasoned yet.

If this relationship is for real, there is lots of time to meet members of the family.
  #3066  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:27 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
So it's ok for her to meet the future king and queen, and have conversations. But not ok to meet a toddler that can't string a sentence together? What would she say? Charlotte walked around and smiled?



Whether she met the baby or not, I'd also be very surprised if she has not been introduced to his family yet. 8 months is a very solid start and their relationship seems very serious. As Harry is said to be very close to Kate, it would make complete sense that they've met at this point, especially if they're both in London at the same time and with Harry living yards away from them.
  #3067  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
It may not be meeting The Queen but Princess Charlotte isn't just any royal. For all we know Meghan and Harry break up in a year's time and she does a tell all with Piers Morgan.

Exactly !


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #3068  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
None of this is to say Harry and Meghan aren't 'serious'. It just takes more than being a girlfriend for 8 months before you get to see the 'shiny rocks'

The BRF is almost cult like. Meghan hasn't run the gauntlet. She hasn't been seasoned yet.

If this relationship is for real, there is lots of time to meet members of the family.
I don't see Charlotte as a "shiny rock"? She's Harry's niece. Meghan is Harry's girlfriend. Their relationship is serious enough that she stays over at Kensington Palace rather than elsewhere. And from what we can see, William and Harry are tight as thieves. It's likely that after months of dating, he'd introduce Meghan to them. And what is Kate supposed to do? Send Charlotte to her room when Meghan is over? Let's not act like this is like meeting the Queen or Prince Charles.
  #3069  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
But worried if he takes off on another holiday with her not a good look and I wouldn't blame media if they call him on it. ALL the young royals need to work more


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #3070  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:42 PM
hel hel is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeTee20 View Post
I think she talks to her dad. He's the only who hasn't said anything publicly about her.
I don't believe her mother has, either, other than to say no comment when running the press gauntlet.
  #3071  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:51 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
But worried if he takes off on another holiday with her not a good look and I wouldn't blame media if they call him on it. ALL the young royals need to work more


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community


Who cares? They'll always find something to complain about. They have every right to live their lives the same way as anyone else.
  #3072  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:53 PM
Abbigail's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubymariec613 View Post
Exactly--She's not a stranger off the street. This is a 100% normal step in any relationship. Good lord, it's not like she's meeting the queen.
And it's not like Harry hasn't already shown that he's willing to do things differently with this relationship. I really thought KP releasing that statement would make us all a little less skeptical about what is or isn't possible with Harry. Yet some still have doubts about even the most basic aspects of his relationship with Meghan. I understand why, but if an engagement does happen by the end of this year, no one should be surprised. The signs have been there from the start, guys.
  #3073  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:56 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Madison, United States
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
And it's not like Harry hasn't already shown that he's willing to do things differently with this relationship. I really thought KP releasing that statement would make us all a little less skeptical about what is or isn't possible with Harry. Yet some still have doubts about even the most basic aspects of his relationship with Meghan. I understand why, but if an engagement does happen by the end of this year, no one should be surprised. The signs have been there from the start, guys.

I completely agree! Part of the reason I'm also not understanding all the doubt
  #3074  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
And it's not like Harry hasn't already shown that he's willing to do things differently with this relationship. I really thought KP releasing that statement would make us all a little less skeptical about what is or isn't possible with Harry. Yet some still have doubts about even the most basic aspects of his relationship with Meghan. I understand why, but if an engagement does happen by the end of this year, no one should be surprised. The signs have been there from the start, guys.
I think releasing a statement with his letterhead from Kensington Palace has erased all doubts that this relationship isn't serious. I don't know if an engagement would happen by end of year simply because marrying a senior member of the BRF isn't like marrying your average Joe. There are customs that one would need to adapt to, and her filming schedule does not allow a significant amount of time to be dedicated to that until end of this year. I also don't think it's good for Suits to be airing while a royal engagement is announced.
  #3075  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:58 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwagner View Post
Who cares? They'll always find something to complain about. They have every right to live their lives the same way as anyone else.

Actually I care and their royal and don't have the right to live their lives as they want if they want the BRF to continue
But I don't think you would understand what I'm talking about and it's off topic


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #3076  
Old 01-14-2017, 10:14 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
But worried if he takes off on another holiday with her not a good look and I wouldn't blame media if they call him on it. ALL the young royals need to work more


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I think that's a fair point. At the moment Harry is tabloid favourite because his private life is producing news; doesn't matter if it comes to anything or not because it will still be news. Doing charity work, meeting the public are not news its just what is expected in order to "pay your way".

But being favourite wont last - never has, never will. He has to find the balance between his private life (not easy with the distance issues) and doing enough royal work. He has responsibilities.

Many posters on here are just focussing on the relationship because that is what the thread is about. But undertaking royal duties eats into time needed to build that relationship.

It's tricky.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #3077  
Old 01-14-2017, 10:22 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 6
About the Cambridge kids, it's pure speculation. Since we'll never know, do we have to argue about it?
  #3078  
Old 01-14-2017, 10:38 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,378
As for holidays, Harry has been to Norway. I wouldn't count the diversion to Toronto on his return home from tour as a holiday, and he was home within days. The skiing holiday is sheer speculation by a tabloid about something that may or may not happen. Few royals do much after Christmas and into January anyway. anyway. A light sprinkling of engagements and that's it. Harry has another coming up next week.
  #3079  
Old 01-14-2017, 10:48 PM
Abbigail's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I think releasing a statement with his letterhead from Kensington Palace has erased all doubts that this relationship isn't serious. I don't know if an engagement would happen by end of year simply because marrying a senior member of the BRF isn't like marrying your average Joe. There are customs that one would need to adapt to, and her filming schedule does not allow a significant amount of time to be dedicated to that until end of this year. I also don't think it's good for Suits to be airing while a royal engagement is announced.
Well to be clear, if an engagement does happen, I think it would be late in the year, when her filming is over. Although it's entirely possible that she could be written off the show before the end of the season. Either way, I don't see the big problem with an engagement being announcement while Suits is airing?

I get your point about her marrying into the BRF but again, this relationship is not unfolding like most others. And we are talking about two people in their 30s who have stated in the last year that they can't wait to start a family. They already know what they want and what they have to do to make it happen. I personally don't doubt that Meghan has been getting a "history lesson" for months now.
  #3080  
Old 01-14-2017, 10:53 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
Well to be clear, if an engagement does happen, I think it would be late in the year, when her filming is over. Although it's entirely possible that she could be written off the show before the end of the season. Either way, I don't see the big problem with an engagement being announcement while Suits is airing?

I get your point about her marrying into the BRF but again, this relationship is not unfolding like most others. And we are talking about two people in their 30s who have stated in the last year that they can't wait to start a family. They already know what they want and what they have to do to make it happen. I personally don't doubt that Meghan has been getting a "history lesson" for months now.
While the royal family has modernized, they aren't quite that modernized. Just like while the media might command them for certain changes, they'll write the most salacious headline they can come up with if there is any intimate scenes with her costar. That's just not how you want an engagement announcement to be treated in the press. That'd be the only concern.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
america archie mountbatten-windsor asian baby names baptism british british royal family british royals camilla camilla's family camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house commonwealth countries coronation crown jewels customs duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii elizabeth ii family tree fashion and style genetics george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf harry and meghan highgrove history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs jack brooksbank japan japan history jewellery kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos książ castle liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers luxembourg monarchist movements monarchists mongolia pless politics prince harry queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen victoria royal ancestry royalty of taiwan speech st edward suthida swedish queen taiwan thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states of america welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:56 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×