Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So whats the politically correct term? 'Hook-up'? There are people in relationships that do see each other for that reason.

There are people here who think H&M are getting married and people who think they will break up. It can also be anything in between.

Including 'casual' ;)

This has nothing to do with the loaded term politically correct at all. He stated she is his girlfriend, they are pursuing a relationship so I kind of take his cue and say they are dating. Any change in that current status is up to them.
Save

So whats the politically correct term? 'Hook-up'? There are people in relationships that do see each other for that reason.

There are people here who think H&M are getting married and people who think they will break up. It can also be anything in between.

Including 'casual' ;)

If he just wants to "hook up", he'd find someone in London. He's making way too much of an effort for that here. And there is no politically correct term to call a woman booty call. That's a term that's been used to degrade her. Again, you can think they'd last or not or they are just casually dating, that's all fine. What I'm taking issue with is using this term to degrade a woman.

As for your earlier comment about how Cressida was treated. I wasn't around then, and I have little interest in Cressida, so I wasn't there to witness that. I'm calling it out as I see it. If someone calls Cressida that today, I'd still say it. It has nothing to do with who she is or was dating, it's because I'm a woman and I don't find it ok to degrade woman by insinuating they are a man's sexual plaything.

Last edited:
The public has a right to know if she's up to no good.

Up to no good with what? People are calling her names without proof for goodness' sake. This isn't if she has a criminal record and people are taking issues with it. This is degrading a person just because.

This has nothing to do with the loaded term politically correct at all. He stated she is his girlfriend, they are pursuing a relationship so I kind of take his cue and say they are dating. Any change in that current status is up to them.
Save

Of course they're 'dating' but in my day even that term meant different things depending on when it was used.

But anyway, we don't know how serious they are. Some people seem to think they know, but we don't.

I said this months ago but the thing I really don't like is the Piers Morgan connection. I know, I know, its just a coincidence she met for drinks with the Editor-at-Large for Britain's largest tabloid website just as she was meeting Harry. And it's just coincidence that Piers then tells the story to Mail Online.

Piers Morgan used to be editor of The News of the World and Daily Mirror. He's the current editor of Mail Online.

People are going to be suspicious when you get cosy to him.

Of course they're 'dating' but in my day even that term meant different things depending on when it was used.

But anyway, we don't know how serious they are. Some people seem to think they know, but we don't.

I said this months ago but the thing I really don't like is the Piers Morgan connection. I know, I know, its just a coincidence she met for drinks with the Editor-at-Large for Britain's largest tabloid website just as she was meeting Harry. And it's just coincidence that Piers then tells the story to Mail Online.

Piers Morgan used to be editor of The News of the World and Daily Mirror. He's the current editor of Mail Online.

A little bit of context here. In US, Piers Morgan used to have a show on CNN, which is a very legitimate news organization. As someone living in US, I honestly didn't know that Piers Morgan is such a problem in UK. I'm assuming that's where Meghan's impression of him comes from as well since we don't regularly get UK programming. In fact, Piers Morgan Live, as the show was called, took over the timeslot for Larry King's show on CNN.

No shrinking violet can succeed in royal world... Let's be realistic...

And a tough shield to weather the storm, which she clearly has. That she is willing to undertake the turbulence, says something about her and her interest. I don't think anything is worth such myself, certainly not a momentary dalliance, nor 'ambition' (social or otherwise, which won't 'play' here in the US for much, anyway, contrary to the UK). Kiss-and-tell among actors is a serious breach.

There is a not uncommon phrase in English parlance that [I think] explains many peoples attitude to Ms Markle, in Britain, and elsewhere. " She is not quite PLU" [People Like Us].

Meaning NOT that we are somehow better, but that her ways, and attitudes are not ours..

It's why I question the long-term. Even if Harry has done some serious maturing and Meghan is a bracing breath of fresh air from the constraints of English Aristocratic expectations (as was Chelsy), the latter winds up being all he knows. Does such survive the every-day of (an aristocratic/royal) married life? :sad:

Despite what some in the UK may think of Kate she is English, and 'bred' to the idea of class and class expectations. Would Meghan want to fulfill that 'role' for a lifetime like Sophie Wessex has done? It's a real question. I certainly wish them well. Hope they're having tons of fun. But long-term, even were they to marry? Dunno.....just sayin'.......if I were talking with her and the girls about it. Harry'd have to really sell the deal. :flowers:

Last edited:

Piers Morgan had no idea Meghan and Harry were beginning to see each other. Meghan and Piers aren't good friends. Piers just put his two cents in on who he think she is and how she could be good for Harry. She told him nothing.

Well, going by Harry's previous official statement, I think he and she are taking their relationship pretty serious and in a respectful manner.

It's usually a term meant as a way other women downgrade another woman in a sex negative way. Meaning her worth to Prince Harry is not as a full person but a sexual plaything. Again judging by the response from the women in England, why would he spend time and money with someone from North America?
Save

That too!

Women are known to be very quick to tear another woman in a hot second, especially if she's doing well for herself and in the world. I'm always wondering where is the sisterhood support these days? When it comes royal girlfriends, there are a lot of claws coming out but very little support.

Last edited:
If she is with him since May, than maybe, why not? All is possible, after all, both of them are from the environment where playing little games is quite normal... especially in acting world...

Why suddenly nobody can presume anything regarding her and poor Kate had the worst treatment ever? Because she is close with her family than her mum is a serial plotter and sister social climber... in that case, Meghan is also social climber ...

No shrinking violet can succeed in royal world... Let's be realistic...

That logic just simply makes no sense. Meghan simply can't see to the future, and doesn't have the powers to predict other people's actions.

Well, going by Harry's previous official statement, I think he and she are taking their relationship pretty serious and in a respectful manner.

That he announced her as his girlfriend seems key. :flowers: What fun! Another wedding! Can we dare hope for a winter wedding finally? :p ;)

First let me say I like Megan on the surface. First she's not blonde! Second she's biracial so that's amazing for Harry to even think about going there. But haven't they only been dating a few months? I hope they last but why are people talking about marriage already? Let's have some maturity and perspective people.
Also as an American I only knew Piers from his show on CNN where he came off as a real journalist; it wasn't until it was over that I discovered he was tabloid trash in the UK.

That he announced her as his girlfriend seems key. :flowers: What fun! Another wedding! Can we dare hope for a winter wedding finally? :p ;)

I think it's time for people to get serious and be respectful of this couple are trying to build. I think it's way to soon to get into all this wedding talk too.

First let me say I like Megan on the surface. First she's not blonde! Second she's biracial so that's amazing for Harry to even think about going there.

Very sage. :cool:

But haven't they only been dating a few months? I hope they last but why are people talking about marriage already? Let's have some maturity and perspective people.

Maturity and perspective? If I was into that I wouldn't be posting! :p ;)

I think it's time for people to get serious and be respectful of this couple are trying to build. I think it's way to soon to get into all this wedding talk too.

Harumph! :cool: Why not? Isn't that the point: marriage and babies and all that jazz? :flowers:

Given that Meghan is already 36, I dont see them living together for long. If they want to have a child or 2, which Harry seems keen on, they need to move along to the wedding!

Given that Meghan is already 36, I dont see them living together for long. If they want to have a child or 2, which Harry seems keen on, they need to move along to the wedding!

Meghan is 35. And Sophie had James at 42.

She's 35 and I think people just need to give this couple the time and space to get to where they want to go. Throwing wedding talk in their face 24/7 can't be much help.

Run, Harry, run as fast as you can. I do not like or trust her or her family, too 21st century Hollywood, too fractured. Harry, find a nice, suitable, kind, well bred, young lady to be your wife.

Diana fit all those qualities when she married Charles, and look how that turned out.:bang:

She's 35 and I think people just need to give this couple the time and space to get to where they want to go. Throwing wedding talk in their face 24/7 can't be much help.

It's not 'in their face'. :cool: I sincerely doubt that either of them are reading this thread. I'd be willing to make a bet on that. High stakes, too. ;)

No one thought that maybe Meghan may not want to get married again?I doubt it but theres a possibility :unsure:

One of my SIL's had her first child when she was 41 ...my MIL had her last child at 42. I think it's more common nowdays to see older mothers. A friend of mine didn't have her first child till she was mid 30's. She had another right before 40.

LaRae

We all know it gets harder to get pregnant the older we get, especially with a first child. Sophie had already been pregnant twice prior to having James at 42.

I believe she had her first child at 39. So she wasn't exactly young either at that point. But these things vary, and fitness and health before certainly has an effect. Sometimes there are young people who have fertility issues, you just never know.

Geesh... these two haven't even had a public outing for all to see yet or are anywhere near an engagement (that we're aware of) and we're already talking babies. :ROFLMAO:

I have no clue why or can hope to explain it, but I always had the feeling that Cressida was more of a "friend with benenfits" type of relationship rather than having a serious feeling to it.

I have a totally different feeling with this relationship. The privacy, the standing up for mistreatment and the protectiveness Harry displays doing this and in the few pictures of them we have been able to see.

Then again, maybe I'm just an old lady and a romantic. :cool:

Regarding Piers Morgan,

Meghan and Piers were Twitter friends, because Meghan commended him online on his campaigning on US gun control on his then programme on CNN. She didn't then rush to meet him in the US. He didn't see her in Canada.

They met in London when Meghan visited in June and they went for a drink together. There was some conversation about texting and potential boyfriends as she was single. She presumably, as an American, knew nothing about Piers's British tabloid reputation.

Meghan was seen with Harry at Soho House a couple of days later. Piers didn't write about this in any article then.

Camilla Tominey broke the story of Harry and Meghan in October. Piers didn't rush to print then either. The KP statement came out in November due to a huge tabloid frenzy. Morgan didn't write anything then either. It was only in fact weeks later that he wrote about his meeting with her in June.

So, if as some on here suspect, Meghan is some manipulative publicity crazy hound then Piers let her down. Miscommunication, memo lost in the mail?

Or maybe, just maybe that June meeting was just a drinks between Twitter friends and when Piers wrote about that meeting which had happened months before he was at a loose end, and thought it would be a nice little story.

Last edited:
I think some people just want this relationship to be a mere fling - which this is not. Both Prince Harry and Meghan are too old for such games and they are full fledged dating until an engagement takes this relationship to an entirely new level.

The sooner that time comes, the more we will continue to deal with an over analysis of the meaning, purpose, and viability of this relationship. I'm bracing myself because once they are engaged, the gloves will really come off for varying opinions on social media.

Including 'casual' ;)

Hookups and casual relationships with feelings not really involved don't require statements of defence of the girlfriend from KP. Harry's heart was showing there, whether this ends in marriage or not!

Geesh... these two haven't even had a public outing for all to see yet or are anywhere near an engagement (that we're aware of) and we're already talking babies. :ROFLMAO:

Why else discuss anything? :cool: It's all about the wedding dress and flowers, plus that first bundle of joy. I have my priorities in place. Just sayin'.

I have no clue why or can hope to explain it, but I always had the feeling that Cressida was more of a "friend with benenfits" type of relationship rather than having a serious feeling to it.

I have to agree, but a lot of it might/could be explained (maybe) by the fact that Cressida was very young (in age and experience) when they hooked up. I often wonder if what we saw was Harry's doing (in reaction to the ott coverage that drove away Chelsy). It's in the realm of possibility that Cressida was behaving exactly the way Harry instructed her she should (meaning to be protective). Speculation, but would explain a lot about what we saw. Cressida was clearly destroyed when either she stood up to him or he dropped her. Hard to say what happened there. (Poor kid).

I have a totally different feeling with this relationship. The privacy, the standing up for mistreatment and the protectiveness Harry displays doing this and in the few pictures of them we have been able to see.

What might be different is Harry has matured and he realizes that he has to put himself on the line for his lady. This fact that Meghan is biracial suddenly makes it all sensible. Meghan has to be tough (in a good way), and savvy (to survive). You want to be in her sphere, I suspect you need to respect her. She's not going to agree to anything close to what Cressida put up with (in her cluelessness). That's the way I'm seeing it right now. Give me a moment and I'll change. :flowers:

Last edited:
I think some people just want this relationship to be a mere fling - which this is not. Both Prince Harry and Meghan are too old for such games and they are full fledged dating until an engagement takes this relationship to an entirely new level.

Yep. That's about the size and shape of it. :flowers:

Can we trust the report (I've been looking around) that Harry introduced Meghan to Kate and Charlotte? 'Fake News'?

The sooner that time comes, the more we will continue to deal with an over analysis of the meaning, purpose, and viability of this relationship. I'm bracing myself because once they are engaged, the gloves will really come off for varying opinions on social media.

It will be interesting times, not so? But if anyone can handle the blowback it will be exactly someone like Meghan, a biracial woman with a career and her own interests (charities) in sync with Harry's. Meghan might well be the making of Harry, and if he is unfailingly a good man with her (no temper, no subtle 'royalese' class markers), then I'm sure she will make the right choice and he'll be the happier for it. Just hope, if it goes that route, that Meghan is fully aware of the 'cage' she is opting for. There will be trade-offs, of course, especially if there is 'true love', but even that can be strained. I wish for them, should they step it up, the kind of relationship I see between Edward and Sophie Wessex. :flowers:

Hookups and casual relationships with feelings not really involved don't require statements of defence of the girlfriend from KP. Harry's heart was showing there, whether this ends in marriage or not!

Agree 100%. This is a mature woman, not a fan, or a 'subject'. If he wants her in his life he has to earn her respect and trust. Well done, Harry. :flowers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom