Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes because being an actress means you are superficial. :bang:

Compare Kate and her early speeches and appearances. She was always fumbling with her hair, looking down at her notes, stumbling. You would think in the eight years she made herself available, she could have taken a public speaking class.

Then look at Meghan. Watch her UN speech. Or world vision interviews. There is nothing fake or plastic. Nothing superficial. Her UN yes she has notes but she isn't looking didn't all the time. She isn't nervously playing with her hair. She is direct and making eye contact. And you can tell she wrote her speech, not done press secratary. And her world vision interviews are not rehearsed, they are natural and you see her comfort with kids.

Yes Kate has grown into her roll. But Meghan is by and far more prepared for the position then Kate was. She don't need five years to grow into it.

It's the benefit of being your own woman. Not spending almost a decade being available. She has th confidence and the strength that comes from building your own life. She has causes she us already passionate about and can use to shape a future royal life. She don't require a year of marriage to choose patronages.

You manage to make every post about Kate. Not sure why, but there you go.

Can you comment about about Meghan without dragging the Cambridges into the conversation? You do this on every thread.

You're going to be massively disappointed if this relationship doesn't end in a marriage.

Last edited:
People in public life all act to a certain extent, however. I doubt that Princess Anne is extraordinarily interested when she has to listen to some Mayor drone on and on. Andrew probably doesn't leap to attention when shown some complex piece of technology he's not interested in. Almost all royals have to put on a bright and happy face and talk to people they don't want to talk to when they are feeling awful, have had a row with their spouse, have a splitting headache.

It comes naturally with time, for some more so than with others, but Meghan has the skills to do most of these things already, and being able to put over a good speech so people enjoy it does help.

It doesn't have to be 'superficial'. That's a subjective judgement on someone you don't like, IMO.

Meghan's relationship with the press is like any other celebrity. It's glib and superficial. Any press is good press.

With the royals its different. They aren't celebrities, they serve the country.

So just because Meghan can strut and pose on a red carpet or emote to Access Hollywood doesn't mean she will make a good royal.

I'm not sure that you've understood what I'm saying here....

First of all, it's incredibly naive to say that all press is good press. If you actually look at the careers of celebrities, press can and does drastically affect the careers of actors. There are plenty of actors whose careers have been boosted by good publicity, and plenty more whose careers have been hindered by negative publicity.

Secondly, if you read what I wrote I never once said that being a celebrity might make Meghan a good royal. I don't believe that, in fact I think as a celebrity and as an American Meghan is going to have to face challenges that Kate never faced.

What I did say was that Meghan, having a relationship with the press prior to her relationship with Harry, is likely to change how they as a couple handle things in the future. William and Harry have a relationship with the press that is very rightly darkened by their childhood experiences. Kate had no relationship with the press prior to meeting William, and you can clearly see that the way they handle things is guided by William's disdain for the press. Harry might take the same route when he has children... or he might take a different route, depending on his future wife's attitude towards the press. That was my point, nothing more.

Having empathy is one thing, many members of the BRF show empathy but the glibness of an actress is another matter.

If and when Meghan ever becomes part of the Firm, I will give my opinion, but for now now she is just another C-list actress doing all the 'right on' things that ever other C-list actress does

Goodness how has the royals managed all these hundreds of years without a Actor ??

Perhaps some of the skills that actors may have are helpful. I do recall Princess Diana receiving help from a distinguished actor to assist with her public speaking role. I think that if things do progress well then Meghan's communication skills and experience will assist her in Royal public life.

Princess Grace was an actress and managed to marry into a royal family (if you consider the Monegasque royals 'royal'). But she had a hard time adjusting, from what I've read.

I think the biggest problem I would foresee for Meghan and Harry, though, is that both of them seem like free spirits. They're both outgoing people who like to have fun and travel. I'm sure they would like to settle down and start a family, but I wonder who would hold the relationship together? For example, Prince Philip is an adventurous and outgoing man like Harry, while the Queen has always been the dutiful, more reserved one. On the other hand, Harry and Meghan are more similar in personality. The royal family has had problems before when independent-minded women married into the royal family...partly because the husbands were unsupportive (Charles) or absent for a long time (Andrew). I'm sure Harry would support Meghan, but I feel like he also has a tendency to go off and do his own thing just like Prince Philip does. The Queen puts up with that, but Meghan is a very different person. I feel like Harry and Meghan could end up having very different interests and pursuits and drift apart instead of making a good team.

I really like this post. I also feel that Harry and Meghan would eventually drift apart. They have their similarities but not necessarily in ways that would be conducive to a longterm marriage.

But I'm not one of those people who thinks a couple has to stay together forever for it to be good relationship. If a couple divorces and stays friendly and loyal with each other , I think of them as having had a successful marriage. So I think of Camilla-Andrew, Anne-Mark, and Andrew-Sarah as successes. Where I think of Charles-Diana as a total failure.

On a separate note, I find the misogynistic tendencies of certain posters to pit Catherine and Meghan against one another to be extremely off-putting. Even more disturbing is that these are usually female posters.

In the UK we have the full turkey dinner - at Christmas. I would find it really odd to have a big slap-up turkey lunch in November and then another the following month. It seems really weird to me to have a big family get together holiday so close to Christmas and Boxing Day.

Well, I've done it for years and I enjoy it.

I think the more holidays, the better!

Princess Grace was an actress and managed to marry into a royal family (if you consider the Monegasque royals 'royal'). But she had a hard time adjusting, from what I've read.

I think the biggest problem I would foresee for Meghan and Harry, though, is that both of them seem like free spirits. They're both outgoing people who like to have fun and travel. I'm sure they would like to settle down and start a family, but I wonder who would hold the relationship together? For example, Prince Philip is an adventurous and outgoing man like Harry, while the Queen has always been the dutiful, more reserved one. On the other hand, Harry and Meghan are more similar in personality. The royal family has had problems before when independent-minded women married into the royal family...partly because the husbands were unsupportive (Charles) or absent for a long time (Andrew). I'm sure Harry would support Meghan, but I feel like he also has a tendency to go off and do his own thing just like Prince Philip does. The Queen puts up with that, but Meghan is a very different person. I feel like Harry and Meghan could end up having very different interests and pursuits and drift apart instead of making a good team.

Very interesting post you bring up things I hadn't thought of before.

I personally feel that with both Harry and Meghan being in their 30s and have formed (for the most part) their likes and dislikes, should they marry, they will be able to let the other person pursue their interests and not have to be totally in each other's back pockets all the time. Its what a mature relationship is like.

All royals, at times, probably do not relish what they're required to do and not overly interested in what they're doing. Opening a new wing of a hospital gets old after you've done it for the 924th time. What they do become adept at is putting on their "game faces". The master of doing this is HM herself. Always regal and always expressing that she's glad to be where she is. You know she's 100% engaged though when she smiles with her whole face. You can't miss it.

Not all actors and actresses are superficial and airheads and belong to the glitzy Hollywood "tinsel town" society. Some are just real people that just happen to be able to step into a role of a character and make it believable. From what I've learned about Meghan over these past few months, I have seen no indication whatsoever that the glitz and the party scene of the Hollywood types even appeal to her. There are many actors and actresses that see their roles as their profession and off camera are very home orientated and a few that I can mention that fit this role are Chris O'Donnell of NCIS:LA who goes home to his wife and 5 kids when he's not working and Alan Alda who was/is a devout family man and Hugh Laurie who would fly home to the UK each weekend to his family when not filming House. People like this rarely make the tabloids with scandals but yet have a very solid acting career. This is the category I'd put Meghan Markle into. Off camera she has her interests that she pursues and all of them worthwhile in my eyes. Its kind of sad to lump everyone in a profession into one category. Some actually are just that. Professionals doing their jobs.

No she would not have to give up her US citizenship I know that for a fact. And your last statement is incorrect as well.

What source do you have to support the claim that that it is "fact" that she won't have to give up her citizenship?

As for the "last statement", how is it incorrect that American born individuals not living in America are able to still celebrate American customs? Meghan would hardly be the first ex-pat to celebrate an American Thanksgiving in London...

I just read some the last few posts. You all actually expect Meghan to give up her home country and family totally and her customs? Not going to happen and she'll still marry Harry and live in the UK.

Harry would not let her do that and he would not want that for her. You all need to think! Meghan and a mother and a father whom are Americans and whom live in the US. And I highly doubt either one are moving to the UK.

No one expects Meghan to give up her home country, her family, or her customs. Not entirely. But you're incredibly naive if you think that marrying into the BRF wouldn't drastically change her life and come with some fairly serious restrictions.

She's not going to be at liberty to just fly to the US whenever she wants. If she's seen as doing too much flying for personal holidays she's going to be criticized. That's going to be curtailed, it's that simple. The Cambridges get criticized if they spend Christmas with the Middletons at Berkshire - which is about 3 hours away from where the BRF spend Christmas. Do you really think there aren't going to be problems if Meghan is seen as constantly going back to California?

You need to stop looking at this as a fairy tale romance. If Meghan marries into the BRF she is going to have to make some sacrifices. That's a plain and simple fact. Kate comes from the same country and a similar culture and yet has had to make sacrifices for her relationship. Meghan, coming from a different country, a different culture, and having established herself in the world more than Kate did (not a criticism of Kate; a 35 year old is going to have established herself more than a 19 year old) is going to have to make more sacrifices if this ends in marriage. That's a fact that anyone who has been watching royals for more than the last few months can clearly see.

I think that Meghan would make a fantastic royal in numerous ways, she's charitable, poised and is familiar with being in the public eye and on display, unfortunately I do not see her as helping Harry with his press related demons because she seems the have the same outlook. Someone mentioned, in another context, that Harry and Meghan being similar in the same ways may not automatically be beneficial, and I think that this is another one of those areas.

Meghan may be used to the media and being on display but she does not let social media trolls and tabloid excesses roll off her back - even before she got attention as Prince Harry's girlfriend she highlighted to Piers Morgan and Elle Magazine the negativity that was directed towards her by "trolls" ranging from racist comments to being attacked for the actions of her character on Suits. I don't think she would have felt compelled to discuss these things in a chat with a reporter or pen an essay if these things were inconsequential to her. I'm not saying that she's wrong for not letting these things roll off her back, but her not being sanguine about being the object of negativity from the media and the public can result in her and Harry feeding off each other rather than one helping the other to cope with media negativity. I have my doubts that Meghan will steer Harry away from the William way of doing things when it comes to media relations.

I do think all this harping on Meghan's career is pointless. Even if Harry and Meghan were to break-up, Harry would likely just find a new actress/model/singer to date. He likes celebrity women. So if people have a problem with who he is attracted to, the criticism should fall on him, not her.

It would be like slinging mud at Koo Stark or Angie Everhart. No one forced Andrew to date them. He's your root.

Last edited by a moderator:
No she would not have to give up her US citizenship I know that for a fact. And your last statement is incorrect as well.

Seriously, you need to remove your blinkers for a moment. It is highly unlikely that Meghan would be able to keep her US citizenship and still be a full-time senior member of the BRF. Like it or not, it would be interpreted by the press and I'd say a good chunk of the public, as Meghan not being sufficiently committed to the BRF and the UK as a whole. You may hate the idea of one of your fellow countrymen renouncing their citizenship in favour of citizenship of another country but if we, as British taxpayers, are going to have to directly or indirectly financially support Meghan for the rest of her life, the least she can do is become a full British citizen. Not a half citizen, or a part-time citizen, but truly British.

Before anyone says Meghan wouldn't get direct financial support from British taxpayers, remember that at the very least we would be footing the bill for her security as well as the security of her children, potentially for decades.

The fact that she's American is irrelevant. The only way I could see a non-British woman who marries a senior British royal keeping her native citizenship is if they were Canadian/Australian/New Zealander etc. - countries that most Brits don't see as fully foreign because of the many family ties.

Apologies if my last statement was incorrect, I didn't realise that when a person gives up citizenship of a country they also disavow every custom and tradition that goes with it :rolleyes:

Goodness how has the royals managed all these hundreds of years without a Actor ??

The royals were born into it. That's different than those that marries into the royal family. They are used to everything the way it is because that's all they've known growing up. That's not the case for others.

What source do you have to support the claim that that it is "fact" that she won't have to give up her citizenship?

As for the "last statement", how is it incorrect that American born individuals not living in America are able to still celebrate American customs? Meghan would hardly be the first ex-pat to celebrate an American Thanksgiving in London...

No one expects Meghan to give up her home country, her family, or her customs. Not entirely. But you're incredibly naive if you think that marrying into the BRF wouldn't drastically change her life and come with some fairly serious restrictions.

She's not going to be at liberty to just fly to the US whenever she wants. If she's seen as doing too much flying for personal holidays she's going to be criticized. That's going to be curtailed, it's that simple. The Cambridges get criticized if they spend Christmas with the Middletons at Berkshire - which is about 3 hours away from where the BRF spend Christmas. Do you really think there aren't going to be problems if Meghan is seen as constantly going back to California?

You need to stop looking at this as a fairy tale romance. If Meghan marries into the BRF she is going to have to make some sacrifices. That's a plain and simple fact. Kate comes from the same country and a similar culture and yet has had to make sacrifices for her relationship. Meghan, coming from a different country, a different culture, and having established herself in the world more than Kate did (not a criticism of Kate; a 35 year old is going to have established herself more than a 19 year old) is going to have to make more sacrifices if this ends in marriage. That's a fact that anyone who has been watching royals for more than the last few months can clearly see.

What a great post it's good to see we aren't all living in fairy land. I'm not saying they can't make a good marriage but it will have its sacrifices

Perhaps some posters could have been a bit nicer to each other here.

That will probably change when William/Kate become (so-called) full-time royals.

And not to offend the Harry fans, but the press has treated him with kid gloves for three years now, while William has been treated like crap.

Yes, because they've been obsessing over Harry's love life. Right or wrong, the press does see William as duty and Harry as fun. He's ok as long as they can count on his love life for column inches. If he were to marry, then there will be the initial honeymoon period where he and his spouse will be treated like how William and Kate were treated in the beginning, and then they would turn on them. What else can they gossip about when one is settled and married?

I totally agree. If Meghan becomes a member of the RF, she will need to be fully committed and assimilated into the British way of life. She's probably already been asked this very question about if she's willing to give up her American citizenship. For them to be dating over six months now, I think they both know where this is headed and the serious questions have been posed and answered with full knowledge of the laws and expectations of the Firm for future wives.

Seriously, you need to remove your blinkers for a moment. It is highly unlikely that Meghan would be able to keep her US citizenship and still be a full-time senior member of the BRF. Like it or not, it would be interpreted by the press and I'd say a good chunk of the public, as Meghan not being sufficiently committed to the BRF and the UK as a whole. You may hate the idea of one of your fellow countrymen renouncing their citizenship in favour of citizenship of another country but if we, as British taxpayers, are going to have to directly or indirectly financially support Meghan for the rest of her life, the least she can do is become a full British citizen. Not a half citizen, or a part-time citizen, but truly British.

The claim that none of the Queen's grandchildren have RPOs is false, it's that simple.

William and Harry both have RPOs.

James and Louise very likely have RPO coverage when they're not with their parents, and as their parents have RPOs, they certainly have RPO coverage when they are with their parents.

Beatrice and Eugenie had RPOs up until 2011, when Scotland Yard decided to remove the coverage for budgetary purpose; both were adults at the time.

Peter and Zara don't have RPOs as adults, but it seems unlikely to think that they didn't have RPOs when they were children.

But, in short... Harry has RPOs now. Therefore it's save to assume his wife will have RPOs and his children will also have RPOs at leas while they are children.
One clarification. I didn't say none of the Queen's grandchildren have RPOs. I know both William and Harry do. I know that York princesses lost their RPOs sometime back, and Zara and Mark didn't have them at the time the York princesses lost theirs. When I say the Queen's other grandchildren, I meant her grandchildren other than those by Charles.

A number of off-topic posts have been deleted. Members should be aware by now that this thread relates to Prince Harry's relationship, not a discussion on royal security or speculative gossip about celebrities' love affairs.

Meghan will not be forced to give up her citizenship of the United States. I have heard from a few British myself. I may call the British embassy in the morning and ask because I know I am right.

Meghan will not be forced to give up her citizenship of the United States. I have heard from a few British myself. I may call the British embassy in the morning and ask because I know I am right.

I don't think anyone is saying that she would be forced to do anything but it is a valid point that if she is ever becomes a member of the BRF then the British public would have expectations of her as in becoming/committing herself to the country.

And that's a reasonable and fair assumption.

She would (as far as UK is concerned) cease to be a celebrity and become a public figure - that is why expectations would be high.

Frankly, you don't have to agree but an alternative perspective from experienced royal followers (rather than 'fans') is worth considering.

That's if, of course, she ever marries him.

C list actress or not, Meghan has carved out a nice life for herself. Being on a show for seven years when must shows don't even last for a season is an accomplishment for most working actors. Judging from her Insta account she knows how to have fun and enjoy life. And has quite a few A-list friends like Serena Williams. She has a platform for her social issues. She has a good life and IMHO for her to give up that freedom she would have to be head over heels in love with Prince Harry. She would have to give up that life of freedom for a life of duty and scrutiny and criticism. If she is not head over heels in love then she should think twice about what she will give up.

I don't think anyone is saying that she would be forced to do anything but it is a valid point that if she is ever becomes a member of the BRF then the British public would have expectations of her as in becoming/committing herself to the country.

And that's a reasonable and fair assumption.

She would (as far as UK is concerned) cease to be a celebrity and become a public figure - that is why expectations would be high.

Frankly, you don't have to agree but an alternative perspective from experienced royal followers (rather than 'fans') is worth considering.

That's if, of course, she ever marries him.

I remember being told that if Meghan marries him, she could keep her US citizenship but the British government would grant her British citizenship automatically.

I remember being told that if Meghan marries him, she could keep her US citizenship but the British government would grant her British citizenship automatically.

I believe Britain allows for dual citizenship, but someone correct me if I'm wrong on this. And the US definitely allows for dual citizenship.

However, that's not the main point here. The main point here is that she isn't just Jane Doe going overseas and marrying Joe from Britain and going through the immigration process as a private individual. She's dating a senior member of the British Royal Family. As such, they'd be expected to be British. Not dual citizen of US and Britain. So while a private individual can maintain both citizenships if they wish, it's unlikely to be Meghan's case if she marries Harry.

I believe Britain allows for dual citizenship, but someone correct me if I'm wrong on this. And the US definitely allows for dual citizenship.

However, that's not the main point here. The main point here is that she isn't just Jane Doe going overseas and marrying Joe from Britain and going through the immigration process as a private individual. She's dating a senior member of the British Royal Family. As such, they'd be expected to be British. Not dual citizen of US and Britain. So while a private individual can maintain both citizenships if they wish, it's unlikely to be Meghan's case if she marries Harry.

The link I posted answered my question. I am not going to debate this. Until it is proven otherwise, I'll go by what I saw online and wait and see what happens after the wedding if there is a wedding.

Currently, she is now just as Kate. According to many posters here, she is young and accomplished woman, with work ethics. Now, I just see someone who stopped almost all her daily activities except recicled articles from the Thig or some recocled photo... she sits behind the closed doors for 2 months with him and waits for the ring...Stooped her life, but he didn't do the same.

I know most will tell she wants to see how life is doing with him but that is really never garantee for anything...

One outdoor person who enjoys life now is waity Meghan...

I am not bih fan of her at all but I see a grown woman who stopped her life... she should continue her life as same as before until the official engagement...

Two months, (if it is two months, as Meghan's trip to India interceded in the middle) is hardly years and years of waiting around.

Meghan's on hiatus from her TV series, along with her fellow actors comprising the rest of the cast. It's not unusual when employed on a TV series to work intensively for several months and then finish and have a break. Meghan will return to The Tig, and to Suits and to the new Collection for Reitman's stores shortly. She begins filming again in April. That's the shooting schedule of a television series. The rest of the cast are also having a break.

If Meghan doesn't return to Canada and shooting at the beginning of April and there is no engagement to justify such a change, then you will have a point. Until then she's living her life pretty well as she has since joining Suits.

Last edited:
Currently, she is now just as Kate. According to many posters here, she is young and accomplished woman, with work ethics. Now, I just see someone who stopped almost all her daily activities except recicled articles from the Thig or some recocled photo... she sits behind the closed doors for 2 months with him and waits for the ring...Stooped her life, but he didn't do the same.

I know most will tell she wants to see how life is doing with him but that is really never garantee for anything...

One outdoor person who enjoys life now is waity Meghan...

I am not bih fan of her at all but I see a grown woman who stopped her life... she should continue her life as same as before until the official engagement...

Oh wow she quit her television show? She closed down tig? She quit works vision and UN? You have to share your induce source please. I mean it must be a major insider :whistling:

Oh wait what was that.....oh I heard this funny rumor that shows do this thing called filming seasons, and her show hasn't started filming. I could be wrong, I am not an actress, but I am quite sure her show starts filming in March. Oh and that she is under contract for at least this coming season.

I must be hallucinating because I am pretty sure there have been new posts on the tig since December. But must be my imagination as you say she has abandoned that. Oh wait, I believe there has been about fourteen since Christmas, not counting the two that are reposted from 2015.

Oh and those photos of her in India with either vision must have been faked. I mean a look alike must have been in India.

As for her fashion line, how could she possibly do that from London. Impossible.

You are right, she is a waits Meghan, no job, no life, she us leeching off Harry :bang:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom