Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are just different. Maybe Meghan and her exes decided not to continue as friends after breaking up, whereas Harry and his exes have remained friends.

I think a Cressida invite is more likely than a Chelsy one. Even after they broke-up Harry attended her plays and invited her to his birthday party. Also, Cressida and Eugenie are still best friends, and Harry seems closer to Eugenie than to anyone else in his family. But I think both women would get an invite. If his instagram rumors are true, he still follows both of them.

While Meghan's exes might not get invites, as I'm not sure they ended on the best terms. Is there any evidence she's still friends with them?
I think Meghan's relationships ended on amicable terms. I'm not sure if most people can just jump into a friendship with their exes. And with her ex-husband, they haven't lived in the same country since the divorce. So it wouldn't surprise me if they aren't friends who keep in contact with each other. But the fact that neither has come out and sold her out like her estranged family has tells me that it wasn't ugly. Also, her divorce documents showed that neither party obtain attorneys and they went through a mediator and no significant assets were in dispute. This seemed like poster child for amicable divorces.

I think Meghan's relationships ended on amicable terms. I'm not sure if most people can just jump into a friendship with their exes. And with her ex-husband, they haven't lived in the same country since the divorce. So it wouldn't surprise me if they aren't friends who keep in contact with each other. But the fact that neither has come out and sold her out like her estranged family has tells me that it wasn't ugly. Also, her divorce documents showed that neither party obtain attorneys and they went through a mediator and no significant assets were in dispute. This seemed like poster child for amicable divorces.

Might be a cultural difference. It seems really common in the British upper-classes to stay good friends with your exes.

Camilla stayed friends with Charles when she married Andrew. And now she's friends with Andrew, while she's married to Charles. Anne is good friends with both Mark and Andrew PB. Prince Andrew has a very close friendship with Sarah. Zara is still friends with Richard Johnson, he even jockeys her horses. The 3 Middleton kids are friends with their exes. And as we already mentioned, Harry is friends with his exes.

I'm not sure where Beatrice stands with Dave, though. But Dave is American so he might be like Meghan in this respect.

I think the size of the guest list is really going to depend on where they choose to have the wedding and if it will be a small, medium or large wedding. It is very possible that some people could be invited to just the ceremony and not the receptions afterwards too like Will & Kate's.

But first... they have to decide to get engaged before any wedding plans will start to be drawn up. :D

Might be a cultural difference. It seems really common in the British upper-classes to stay good friends with your exes.

Camilla stayed friends with Charles when she married Andrew. And now she's friends with Andrew, while she's married to Charles. Anne is good friends with both Mark and Andrew PB. Prince Andrew has a very close friendship with Sarah. Zara is still friends with Richard Johnson, he even jockeys her horses. The 3 Middleton kids are friends with their exes. And as we already mentioned, Harry is friends with his exes.

I'm not sure where Beatrice stands with Dave, though. But Dave is American so he might be like Meghan in this respect.

I'm well aware of the upper class' perchant for friendships after breakups. However, I was more referring to everyday folks.

:previous: I agree. Sarah Ferguson had at least two of her exes sitting inside Westminster Abbey at her wedding to Prince Andrew.

Not all breakups are angry ones, and even if they are, sometimes the people involved move past it and are able to salvage a friendship.

Last edited:
Yes, I know it's a very different Royal family but I don't think any Royal brides lived a more independent lifestyle than Queen Letizia of Spain before she married.

A news anchor and reporter, involved and politically aware, reporting from war zones in her time as a correspondent. She was also divorced after a brief marriage and having been with her husband for many years before they married. Yet look at what a success she has been as Queen Consort of Spain! I'm sure she has wanted to comment many times on Spanish political affairs and developments but she never has.

It's not impossible to keep your mouth shut if you know you are in a position where you know your viewpoint can cause controversy.

It was not a given though that King Juan Carlos would agree to Felipe's marriage to Letizia. The fact that Felipe was his only male heir must have played a role though.

:previous: Agree completely.

I also remember reading that Felipe gave his parents an ultimatum and kept his relationship with Letizia secret to minimize interference and potential opposition from the press and his family.

"Very different" in what way? With very few exceptions, each RF has rules-implicit and more evident, regulating how they conduct weddings and who they consider suitable to join their ranks.

In fact there are more than a few RF's with their own rules governing Royal brides and what is expected of them that are just as rigid or even more than the British Royals

A royal wedding is actually a state affair in most European monarchies.

1. In Belgium, any person in the line of succession who wants to marry needs the consent of the monarch given by a royal decree countersigned by one or more responsible government ministers.
  2. In Denmark, any person in the line of succession who wants to marry must have the consent of the monarch announced in a Council of State (i.e. in the presence of the government)
  3. In the Netherlands, the marriage of any person in the line of succession must be authorized by an act of the Dutch parliament passed in a joint session of the two chambers; the enabling legislation is introduced in the joint session by government ministers on behalf of the King.
  4. In Spain, no person in the line of succession can marry if he/she is explicitly forbidden from doing so by the King and the Spanish parliament.
  5. In Sweden, no person in the line of succession can marry without the consent of the Swedish government given upon request by the King.
The violation of any of the conditions above in any of the aforementioned countries causes the affected person and all his/her descendants from the marriage to lose their succession rights.

Following the Succession to the Crown Act 2013, the United Kingdom actually has now the least strict rules with respect to royal marriages among the European monarchies as only the first six persons in line to the throne require the consent of the monarch declared in the Privy Council (i.e. in the presence of government ministers) to get married. If for example Prince William has two more children before Prince Charles becomes king, Harry will be automatically off the hook.

Last edited:
I'm well aware of the upper class' perchant for friendships after breakups. However, I was more referring to everyday folks.

If you are well aware, then why did you say "don't see Cressida being invited"? There seems to be a disconnect between your two posts. :confused:

If you are well aware, then why did you say "don't see Cressida being invited"? There seems to be a disconnect between your two posts. :confused:

There are different level of friendship. Certainly they were friends for awhile. But we haven't seen any mentions of them showing up at each other's lives in awhile. The only reason I mentioned Chelsy is because she's said that they'll always be close friends. If the friendship between Cressida and Harry cools, I highly doubt it's because they used to date, it'd be one of these things that just happens to people that leads different lives.

There are different level of friendship. Certainly they were friends for awhile. But we haven't seen any mentions of them showing up at each other's lives in awhile. The only reason I mentioned Chelsy is because she's said that they'll always be close friends. If the friendship between Cressida and Harry cools, I highly doubt it's because they used to date, it'd be one of these things that just happens to people that leads different lives.

There has been more instances of Harry and Cressida spending time together post-breakup, than of Harry and Chelsy post break-up. He follows both on IG. So again I don't understand why you think Cressida would be excluded from Harry's wedding. Especially since you said you know that Harry's circle stays friends with exes.

So by your own view, Cressida being snubbed would be unusual. I still see a disconnect here.

Unless, Harry has an intimate wedding with a bare-bones guest list. I would be shocked if Cressida wasn't invited. Especially considering the Eugenie connection.

William and Catherine invited exes to to their wedding. Lady Natasha Rufus Isaacs' husband, Rupert Finch was Catherine's boyfriend at St Andrews. They both attended the royal wedding.

Last edited:
William and Catherine invited exes to to their wedding. Lady Natasha Rufus Isaacs' husband, Rupert Finch was Catherine's boyfriend at St Andrews. They both attended the royal wedding.

Yep. Before Catherine, it's said William never had a relationship that lasted longer than 4 months. Yet William was polite enough to invite some of these women, that he had flings with 10+ years earlier, to his wedding. That's how that circle operates.

So Harry not inviting a woman that he dated for years, and that he stayed friends with, would be a total outlier.

In fact, I would not be surprised if some of Harry's past rumored flings get invites, too. Like Astrid Harbord, Antonia Packard, and Caroline Flack. Some of his celebrity gal pals, that the tabloids like to ship him with, like Ellie Goulding, Natalie Pinkham and Joss Stone, would probably be invited too.

If Harry marries Meghan, which I am hoping, would she have to give up her acting career? Would she want to give it up to marry him? Thoughts?

There has been more instances of Harry and Cressida spending time together post-breakup, than of Harry and Chelsy post break-up. He follows both on IG. So again I don't understand why you think Cressida would be excluded from Harry's wedding. Especially since you said you know that Harry's circle stays friends with exes.

So by your own view, Cressida being snubbed would be unusual. I still see a disconnect here.

Unless, Harry has an intimate wedding with a bare-bones guest list. I would be shocked if Cressida wasn't invited. Especially considering the Eugenie connection.

There is no disconnect. My first point was regarding how "friends" have different levels. It just seems that that term is used very loosely at times. Do you invite every person on your IG to your wedding? No? Ok then. Chelsy and Cressida are very different. Chelsy and Harry were together for a very long time, and basically grew up together from young adults. Cressida was there for two years, and then it seemed they were somewhat close afterwards. Then nothing. Whereas Chelsy have talked about how her and Harry will remain close friends for years to come. I just don't think the level of closeness based on their history is the same. Would I be surprised if Cressida was invited to a huge royal wedding? No. Would I be surprised if she wasn't included on a list includes fewer people? No. Chelsy probably has a higher chance being invited than her. That was my point.

And the Eugenie connection is useless. Eugenie's mother didn't even get invited to the Cambridges' wedding. It's about the couple, not people who are related to or friends with their cousin.

And Meghan's situation is completely different. In US, it's more likely to not invite exes than inviting them even if the relationships ended on good terms. It does happen, but more often than not, they wouldn't do it unless the friendship is very close.

If Harry marries Meghan, which I am hoping, would she have to give up her acting career? Would she want to give it up to marry him? Thoughts?

She definitely wouldn't be working as an actress anymore. I'm sure Meghan, being that she is a grown woman, has thought of the consequences if this relationship gets serious and eventually leads to marriage. I think the key thing for her is that she wouldn't just be sitting around and doing nothing all day. She'd have charities she can support, which seems to be very important to her even now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Given how many royals actually appeared in Sweden at the wedding of Carl Philip and the most unsuitable royal bride ever, I would tend to think that at least that many would appear at Harry and whomever's wedding.

An important difference, however, is that the Swedish royal family and, in some cases, even Carl Philip personally , are friends with or related to the royal guests who attended the wedding. Harry, on the other hand, has no known connection to any continental royal. Foreign royals would attend his wedding then only if an official (i.e. court to court) invitation were issued and, even so, I wouldn't expect senior representatives like reigning monarchs or crown princes/princesses to attend.

It also depends on whether Harry gets married before or after Charles becomes king. In the latter case, he will be the son of a monarch, which carries greater weight. As of now, he is just the grandson of a monarch and not in direct line to the throne, i.e. pretty low in the order of precedence to warrant foreign royal guests at his wedding.

Last edited:

I cannot imagine a senior Royal princess of the House of Windsor continuing an acting career, and certainly not in a series like "Suits". She is going to have a list of engagements that she will be expected to fulfill as Harry's wife, for one thing.

I am more curious about Ms. Markle's adorable and beloved dogs if she moves permanently to Britain. Aren't British quarantine laws some of the strictest in Europe, if not the world? She would have to be separated from them for at least 6 months if memory serves.:sad:

This has been discussed loads before but okay. Any previous career, may it be acting or nursing, will end the moment the engagement is announced.

I cannot imagine a senior Royal princess of the House of Windsor continuing an acting career, and certainly not in a series like "Suits". She is going to have a list of engagements that she will be expected to fulfill as Harry's wife, for one thing.

I am more curious about Ms. Markle's adorable and beloved dogs if she moves permanently to Britain. Aren't British quarantine laws some of the strictest in Europe, if not the world? She would have to be separated from them for at least 6 months if memory serves.:sad:

A quick search on Google popped up with a change of rule in 2011. It's 21 days now if it's a EU listed country. Since US and Australia are on there, I'd imagine Canada is on there as well. Not sure if there is another rule that supersedes this though.

She's probably used to being away from them. Didn't she say one of her most important possessions is her passport because she is constantly traveling?

So while she would miss them, I doubt it would be a traumatizing experience.

She seems to indulge them to the point of permitting them to loll around on her beautiful and expensive furniture so maybe there is a trusted caretaker to look after them during her long absences.

Thanks jacqui24 and miss whirley.:)

Not surprised she's taken to beanies. Harry wears them all the time. If you can't beat him, join him.

True. Harry is becoming so 'bohemian', or is it beatnik lol

I think when you're wealthy they call you a trustafarian.

But I wear beanies on a regular basis in the winter, so I'm not going to say it's a bad look. :lol:

Are the wellies dirty?

She could invest in the second beanie....

Last edited by a moderator:
This cracks me up :lol:. Wellies on the Kensington high street. Don't even get me started with the beanie.

Meghan Markle's very British new look: Prince Harry's girlfriend adds Mulberry, Burberry and Hunter to her wardrobe
I don't know London, is the flower stall where she purchased those lovely flowers yesterday near KP?
No sign of a protection officer near her.
I'm having visions of Meghan popping over to borrow a vase from Catherine or Princess Michael, since I don't think of bachelors routinely having a stash of vases lying around.

:previous:

No mention of her possibly Goyard tote and how much that costs? :D

Around 1000£? Goes well with the muddy wellies and cheap beanie...strange dressing taste... I would burn for example that ultra mini silver dress,...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom