Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it ever justified to pay a famous person to support or promote a charity's cause? Celebrity agents are happy to say that it is justified and that it does happen, but charities are more reluctant to be drawn on the issue.

An exception is World Vision, which says that it rewards its 'artist ambassadors'. The international children's charity has paid £28,000 to Sadie and the Hotheads, a folk-rock band fronted by the Downton Abbey actor Elizabeth McGovern, for their "time and resources" involved in promoting the charity at their concerts.
Paying celebrities - where do charities draw the line? | Third Sector
” In addition, World Vision has paid her band £28,000 to fund the recording of their latest album and a UK tour, in return for which they have agreed to promote the charity.
The good causes of the famous ‘benefit themselves more than the charities’ | The Independent

You've made some good points Miche and I'm not discrediting them one bit. I did notice that the $28,000 from World Vision to the band though were precisely stating it was to cover expenses for recording and the subsequent UK tour. It doesn't state how much the band actually profited from this endeavor.

There are most certainly charities and organizations that spokespeople can and do make money off of but I don't believe this is the rule of thumb. Harry and Meghan both seem (notice I said seem) to be doing what they do because of a passion to make a difference rather than to make a profit. Not everyone is like that. Harry's endeavors such as with Lesotho and his conservation work in Africa and becoming an "ambassador" for United for Wildlife doesn't put money into his pocket but it would be silly to presume that organizations would not do what they could to alleviate the expenses that occur to be able to do the things he does.

Debating whether or not Meghan was paid for profit would go around and around as we have no real facts of how Meghan's expenses were handled for her trip to India and also, it'd take the thread off topic. Is it so really hard to believe that someone would do something out of the goodness of their heart?

Okay we will leave the financial part along.
Yeah its hard to believe that some people do it from the goodness of their heart. Royals do it because let face it its part of their job descriptions in the world they live in today.
And when it comes to the celebs world, some celebs are able to do charity behind the scene without the publicity and writing blogs about it. So when a celebs get promote for the charity that they do with the photoshoot and all. Its a public image exercise for both the charity organization and the celeb.
Its something Hollywood and organizations have been doing for decades, its a business model. Call me cynical but I don't believe "the out of the goodness of their heart"

Yeah its hard to believe that some people do it from the goodness of their heart. Royals do it because let face it its part of their job descriptions in the world they live in today.
And when it comes to the celebs world, some celebs are able to do charity behind the scene without the publicity and writing blogs about it. So when a celebs get promote for the charity that they do with the photoshoot and all. Its a public image exercise for both the charity organization and the celeb.
Its something Hollywood and organizations have been doing for decades, its a business model. Call me cynical but I don't believe "the out of the goodness of their heart"

In the end it helps amplify certain issues. So is there any harm done? I don't put anyone on a pedestal not even Prince Harry or even Princess Diana but when something positive happens, I call it a positive.

Does it really matter? If someone does charity work, and gets good PR
for ir, it doesn't take away from the fact, that the charity benefits as well, and that's what counts in the end of the day. Charities benefit greatly from the PR celebs bring them, why is it so wrong if it brings good PR for the celeb too? I highly doubt that the monetary benefits are that big, that it would be benefiting the celebs, it's mostly covering some costs for the celeb doing the charity.

Does it really matter? If someone does charity work, and gets good PR
for ir, it doesn't take away from the fact, that the charity benefits as well, and that's what counts in the end of the day. Charities benefit greatly from the PR celebs bring them, why is it so wrong if it brings good PR for the celeb too? I highly doubt that the monetary benefits are that big, that it would be benefiting the celebs, it's mostly covering some costs for the celeb doing the charity.

Honestly why must we hide our good works. We should normalize charity, normalize helping others, publicize it often instead of hiding it because of false modesty. So much bad stuff going on, I see nothing wrong with reporting on the good. I actually learned something from Meghan's trip about how important hygiene is for poorer nations and in fact also in America as well. So IMHO the publicity regarding the trip was successful.

Even the sainted Mother Teresa received criticism for some of the things she did which seemed to benefit herself and her staff. Being cynical and skeptical about everything leaves little room for belief in goodness in our world.

Cynicism is all well and good and in the unsafe world we live in today, its wise to be alert and question things.

For me though, after having followed Harry for quite a few years and just seeing how open and passionate he is when it comes to whatever it is he is involved with such as Sentebale and Walking with the Wounded, I cannot imagine him being any less passionate or open when it comes to finding someone that is a good fit for him. I think too that it wouldn't take Harry long to sniff out an imposter pretending to care and do good works for their own personal gains.

Over the years Harry has had to met a multitude of people he knows are just "kissing up" to him or trying to impress him and when someone comes along that is authentic and real and sees Harry the person, that he'll hold onto as something rare in the world he moves in.

People do know that actors/celebs get paid to be ambassadors for UN, UNICEF, ETC right? Its another part of the job

I do not think so, coverage of travell expenses, per diems, visa expenses maybe lecturing... depends of the country legislation and overall policy...

Her potential married life with Harry is basically predetermined and she will have no saying in many areas, businesses wise especially. She wil never be allowed to outshine Kate or to work more or to maybe be involved in charities she likes because maybe Kate will be interested dor that area... if she is so energetic as you say so, no whay she will sit at home and does nothing 90% of the time and Harry would not be able to help her ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I really think that should it come to the point that there is a marriage, I would also believe that Harry and his wife would not only get along good with William and Kate and there would be good communications between them even to the point of them working together on common issues but with separate engagements. As time passes, its a given that William and Kate would have a more dominant role as the Prince and Princess of Wales (should Charles created William as such) but I don't feel that in any way they would want Harry and his wife to feel subservient or subjective to them.

Like Kate, Harry's wife will be given the opportunity to find out just where she wants to fit into the scheme of things and also be given the time to adjust to not only being a member of the royal family but to also adjust to marriage and perhaps start their own family.

I don't think the British royal family and the "Firm" are as autocratic as you paint them out to be.

I'm thinking there are enough causes and charities to spare, plenty to do and be involved in. The US Weekly link said, that Meghan likes to get really informed, prepare etc, not just show up, so that would keep her busy.

And like Osipi said, I'm thinking they'd work as a team, it wouldn't be a competition.

People do know that actors/celebs get paid to be ambassadors for UN, UNICEF, ETC right? Its another part of the job

Really? Goodness and here I thought it was donating time for a worthy cause. I should've known better.

You all,

Harry will not lose his title or his place in line for the throne. Where are you getting this stuff?

If that were the case, I doubt Harry would have pursued a relationship with Meghan if that were the case at 32 years old. At his age Harry is thinking about getting married and starting a family. And I doubt he would be with Meghan at this point in his life if marriage was not on his mind and long before now in fact.

I highly doubt Charles has any issues with Harry dating or marrying Meghan if that is what he wants. And too, Charles is no place to make any judgments on Meghan considering his past, track record, and who and what he is currently married to.

I think many of you just don't want to accept that Harry is in deep in a very serious relationship with Meghan Markle. He is in deeper in this relationship than any other relationship he has had including that with C. Davy because Meghan has more than that her or any of the others.

I think this is headed marriage so you might as well prepare yourselves.

Actually we have no clue whatsoever how "deep" the relationship is or where it is headed. It could be a "lets get together when we both have time" kind of thing or any number of different definitions we could put on relationships.

We are also not Harry so we cannot measure one relationship against another and the feelings and emotions that went and go with them.

What is seemed to be is that a lot of people are assuming that a+b=c when there's only a mathematical hypothesis.

Until either Meghan or Harry deem fit to fill us in on what is going on, we need to stay away from assuming things.

Actually we have no clue whatsoever how "deep" the relationship is or where it is headed. It could be a "lets get together when we both have time" kind of thing or any number of different definitions we could put on relationships.

We are also not Harry so we cannot measure one relationship against another and the feelings and emotions that went and go with them.

What is seemed to be is that a lot of people are assuming that a+b=c when there's only a mathematical hypothesis.

Until either Meghan or Harry deem fit to fill us in on what is going on, we need to stay away from assuming things.

Uhh, this is an entire thread literally dedicated to assumptions, speculation, etc. What do you expect?

Further, my opinion is that we have indeed been shown that this is a serious relationship. The royals don't make public press statements for casual flings.

There are things that come to light that can be taken as factual. The statement that Kensington Palace released was a fact. They are seeing each other is a fact. Meghan went to India is a fact. We don't know for a fact that this relationship is headed for marriage as a fact but discussing the various odds and ends related to the "what if" come into play with royal duties, careers and bits and pieces of how a royal marriage would work.

To state outright that this is a "deep" relationship and even deeper than any other relationship Harry has had is claiming as fact something that we don't know is true or not. There's a difference between giving an opinion saying "I think it looks like..." (and giving sources and reasons why) and stating something as fact that cannot be substantiated are horses of two different colors.

You wants facts? Here are some:

1. Harry issues an emotional statement from KP about Meghan and their relationship to the press.

2. He has considered and very well may have paid for a bodyguard for her out of his own pocket to keep her safe.

3. He has traveled across the pond to be with her many times and her him and have stayed in each others homes.

So Harry has done all this and possibly more for just a fling, now at 32 years old?? Oh please!

Get real!

I stand by what said before! Those that don't want to accept it, that is you. Have at it.

You wants facts? Here are some:

1. Harry issues an emotional statement from KP about Meghan and their relationship to the press.

2. He has considered and very well may have paid for a bodyguard for her out of his own pocket to keep her safe.

3. He has traveled across the pond to be with her many times and her him and have stayed in each others homes.

So Harry has done all this and possibly more for just a fling, now at 32 years old?? Oh please!

Get real!

I stand by what said before! Those that don't want to accept it, that is you. Have at it.

Your number 2 is not factual, it's a rumour.

And your number 3 is mostly rumour too - we know he went to see her in Toronto once, because it was after the Caribbean tour. We have rumours of other visits, but rumours aren't fact.

Likewise, we know she made a visit to London once, around Remembrance Day, because she was photographed there. Other "spottings" are actually unconfirmed rumours; neither Meghan nor Harry are confirming the rumours, nor is any other verifiable source.

Rumours aren't fact.

And we don't know that this is heading to marriage. We can assume that it is serious, based on the verifiable facts, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're looking to run down the aisle. Or go down it at all; we're assuming that part.

You all,

Harry will not lose his title or his place in line for the throne. Where are you getting this stuff?

If that were the case, I doubt Harry would have pursued a relationship with Meghan if that were the case at 32 years old. At his age Harry is thinking about getting married and starting a family. And I doubt he would be with Meghan at this point in his life if marriage was not on his mind and long before now in fact.

I highly doubt Charles has any issues with Harry dating or marrying Meghan if that is what he wants. And too, Charles is no place to make any judgments on Meghan considering his past, track record, and who and what he is currently married to.

I think many of you just don't want to accept that Harry is in deep in a very serious relationship with Meghan Markle. He is in deeper in this relationship than any other relationship he has had including that with C. Davy because Meghan has more than that her or any of the others.

I think this is headed marriage so you might as well prepare yourselves.

You might want to check up on your succession laws.

Harry is in no danger of losing his title, true, but if he marries without his grandmother's permission he will lose his place in the succession. This is actual law not only in Britain, but in all 16 of the realms which have Queen Elizabeth II as their monarch.

Sorry but the statement issued by Kensington Palace was not "emotional" but straightforward letter listing complaints to the media of the undue harassment of Meghan and her family. They crossed the line and Harry and KP asked them to back off and treat her and her family with respect.

For your other statements that you believe are facts. Do you have credible sources to back them up? We do not know the itinerary of their private life other than a few facts.

Its nice you have such a positive opinion on where this is all headed and to be honest, I agree with you that its very possible. The important thing to remember though is to state things as an opinion and not fact unless you can back them up with credible sources. Last I checked, that's the rules here and how postings should be. Took me a while to get used to that too. :D

I don't know if this was ever posted on here but this is a tweet from Richard Palmer, Royal Correspondent on 16th January

QUOTE:
There's concern in royal circles at the antics of some of Meghan Markle's relatives but Prince Harry's happiness will be paramount. END

Concern was understandable (about her family, not her)

I think that really is how it is.

There have been whispers of a royal engagement ever since Prince Harry publicly named Meghan Markle as his girlfriend back in November.

And the actress's co-star Patrick J. Adams has done little to quell the rumours after hinting that she could be a 'future princess of England'.

The Suits star took to Reddit on Wednesday night to take part in a Q&A with fans, and while some wanted to know about the show, talk soon turned to the royal romance.
Read more: Meghan Markle's co-star hints she is 'a future princess' | Daily Mail Online

^
He was asked something along the lines 'What does it feel like kissing a possible future princess of England?' He replied 'The same it did before she was the possible future princess of England.' i thought it was funny, actually.

Once again, its the press insinuating into an article headline something that in reality, isn't there. We all know its very possible that Meghan could be a future princess of the UK (not England) but in actuality, the Suits co-star wasn't even remotely talking about Meghan's relationship with Harry but just candidly answering a question in the vein it was asked.

As ridiculous as the headline is, it does help support the argument that Meghan is going to be bombarded with these types of questions if/when she starts promoting the show.

If her co-stars are being asked about her relationship, then there's no way she won't be as well.

Hopefully Meghan will be adept at deflecting such questions. Its inevitable though, as you say, that questions about her relationship with Harry will come from all angles at her.

Enquiring minds want to know and there's only so many ways to graciously field the questions before it starts getting really annoying.

For Suits publicity events, I am sure the press corps can be forewarned that Meghan's relationship with Harry is off-limits, and any questions or comments on the subject will not be responded to. No doubt the showrunners would love that type of publicity, but I would imagine that at this point Meghan is aware that highlighting her relationship with Harry in that arena would not sit well with Harry or his family. JMO

This was a fan Q&A. I don't think it tells us anything about what Meghan will have to deal with since I doubt she will be answering any questions in that particular format. If/when she does interviews for the show, I'm sure she will let reporters know that she doesn't want to talk about her personal life.

Daily Mail is shameless and desperate for any news when it comes to this relationship. No surprise that they would write a misleading headline/article about what her co-star said.

Last edited:
For Suits publicity events, I am sure the press corps can be forewarned that Meghan's relationship with Harry is off-limits, and any questions or comments on the subject will not be responded to. No doubt the showrunners would love that type of publicity, but I would imagine that at this point Meghan is aware that highlighting her relationship with Harry in that arena would not sit well with Harry or his family. JMO

Not only the points you brought up but actually, it would not serve the PR purposes for Suits itself. It kind of defeats the purpose of promoting a show when the emphasis is one one the actor's private life.

Meghan and Harry have kept their lives together very firmly under the radar and under wraps and I hope they can keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom