The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 06:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
It's 12 degrees Celsius in London right now. In Canada that's springtime temperatures. Winter wear not required
I've seen Harry wear caps and beanies even in Spring, Summer, and Fall. So it's likely he wears a hat in the Winter. I do think a dressed down Harry, in a hat that covers his hair wouldn't garner much notice from 98% of people. He would just blend in with the other dozen tall, white men who are all in stone throwing distance. So for every 1 person who spots Harry, 49 were oblivious to him.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:06 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Harry is now Trending after Meghan was this afternoon...I'd say they are a very popular interesting couple!

Old 12-13-2016, 09:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Even if they were in winter wear? With Harry's trademark red hair covered in a winter hat? I think most people wouldn't gawk at a random man's face long enough to decide whether or not he could be famous. They would just be vaguely aware of a tall, white man who quickly walked pass them.
Yes. I'm good with faces and features. My former customers were always shocked that even after weeks or more of not seeing them I remembered their names and 'who' they were.

LaRae
Old 12-13-2016, 09:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
It's 12 degrees Celsius in London right now. In Canada that's springtime temperatures. Winter wear not required
Yep nice balmy today, jacket barely required for us northerners
Old 12-13-2016, 09:54 PM
Majesty

I believe Meghan's in London and that the two of them went shopping for a tree. As Richard Palmer said, there were four witnesses to the purchase in the shop. Some British Xmas trees look rather sparse and frail compared to those fir trees in North America.

I seem to remember it was absolutely ages after they had begun dating that a photo of Harry with Cressida B appeared. I think it was about a year.

Now Ephraim Hardcastle is speculating that the couple might be secretly engaged. The media (especially the print media) is just collectively wetting itself with excitement in anticipation of all the potential stories; ring, gown, Abbey, bridesmaids, guests etc.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:34 PM
Courtier

Oh the old school royal reporters are so loving this LOL! I am also! it's just fun especially given how crappy 2016 is.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:24 AM
Courtier

12 degrees C may be balmy for some other countries but, in the UK, it's just ingrained in you that you wear your 'winter wardrobe' at this time of the year. You get out your 'big coat' and more than likely a scarf, hat and boots.

Heck, it was 16 degrees C here last week but I still wore my parka with faux-fur hood to work. It's just an ingrained habit! It feels weird leaving the house without it in December.

I have no doubt a Prince Harry in a bobble hat, thick scarf wrapped up to his mouth almost, and long winter coat could easily walk in and out of a shop without anyone grabbing a photo. He was clearly recognised but mainly by the shop staff apparently who really weren't going to be so disrespectful as to start snapping away as he bought a tree. The owner said he was "very, very honoured" to have a member of the RF in his shop.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Judging by the Telegraph article they seem like a chill and normal couple. So they seem rather unassuming so I imagine Brits are'nt as selfie mad as Americans are.

I don't thinnk it matter whether the couple is unassuming or not. I think it hugely depends on the people's discretion. Maybe Londoners are very used to spotting members of the royal family. Or maybe they were scared off by the press release, (if they know something about it)
Old 12-14-2016, 08:11 AM
Administrator

I know we would all like to see a photo of them together and I am quite sure this will happen in due course. But for the moment, I'm just pleased that Harry and Meghan appear to be able to go out and about in our capital seemingly unrecognised and without the pressure of being followed by a camera.

If the story about the Christmas tree is true and the guy didn't recognise them, this would not surprise me in the least. Whenever I am in London, the last person I would expect see (or indeed be looking out for) would be a member of the Royal Family or a celebrity - who knows, I may have passed countless famous people and not known it!
Old 12-14-2016, 08:30 AM
Majesty

Even the basic facts of the story are different from one version to the next. I've read Harry had a security officer with him and I read he didn''t.

I read Meghan was given mistletoe so they could kiss under it later and I've read she didn't have mistletoe.

I read the owners didn't recognise Harry and Meghan and I've read that their jaws hit the floor when the couple walked in.

And how did this story even make it into the tabloids? Obviously the owners of the store sold the story to The Sun. If that's not publicity seeking, I don't know what is.

For such a simple thing as buying a tree, the facts of the story don't seem consistent.

The whole thing seems more like wishful thinking on the part of the press. It wanted a Harry and Meghan Christmas story and low and behold they got one.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Even the basic facts of the story are different from one version to the next. I've read Harry had a security officer with him and I read he didn''t.

I read Meghan was given mistletoe so they could kiss under it later and I've read she didn't have mistletoe.

I read the owners didn't recognise Harry and Meghan and I've read that their jaws hit the floor when the couple walked in.

And how did this story even make it into the tabloids? Obviously the owners of the store sold the story to The Sun. If that's not publicity seeking, I don't know what is.

For such a simple thing as buying a tree, the facts of the story don't seem consistent.

The whole thing seems more like wishful thinking on the part of the press. It wanted a Harry and Meghan Christmas story and low and behold they got one.
Ok so that would mean Meghan is not in London, then where is she?
Old 12-14-2016, 08:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

How long have they known each other.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Ok so that would mean Meghan is not in London, then where is she?
I don't claim to know. I am skeptical of any tabloid story though because the press is so eager to have click-bait.

To me, a 'sighting' of Meghan and Harry without any pics isn't really a sighting at all.

People will say a lot of things if they think it will give them 15 mins of fame.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
No matter where they go and no matter who spots them or doesn't spot them or creates a story out of thin air, what I would love to be is a fly on the wall when they're getting ready to go out and do something. I can imagine them joking about "running the gauntlet" and "being armed and ready for bear" and "is that you Martha? I can't tell with that hat on" and those kind of things.

IF any of the remarks made about this couple getting a tree is true and knowing Harry's penchant for having a good time no matter what he is doing, these two people are probably having a blast with each other and that is what its all about. There will be plenty of time in the future to look stiff and formal in front of the cameras as the flashbulbs put spots in their eyes. I have a feeling though that Harry and Meghan will be far more relaxed and at ease with each other than William and Kate appeared to be at first as they're not a demonstrative couple for the most part.

Just some of my observations with not nearly enough caffeine in me this morning.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't claim to know. I am skeptical of any tabloid story though because the press is so eager to have click-bait.

To me, a 'sighting' of Meghan and Harry without any pics isn't really a sighting at all.

People will say a lot of things if they think it will give them 15 mins of fame.
So it's not a sighting because 4 different people can see the same things but recollect it differently I guess. That means Meghan was not sighted which means she is not in London. Just curious where she is?
Old 12-14-2016, 09:01 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
How long have they known each other.

It's been reported that they met in May when Harry was in Toronto for Invictus.

From the Piers Morgan story it's been implied that they weren't a couple when she first came to London in July, but it's kind of being assumed that that's when they started dating.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
So it's not a sighting because 4 different people can see the same things but recollect it differently I guess. That means Meghan was not sighted which means she is not in London. Just curious where she is?
Has there been corroboration by people not connected to the store that sold the tree? Passers-by, other customers?

For the question of where is she, she could be anywhere I suppose. Including London. She does have a life outside of her boyfriend of 7 months.

The collective will of the British tabloid press is pulling out all the stops to get information and preferably pics of Meghan and Harry.

If Meghan is truly in London and the couple is out and about buying Christmas trees and the like, someone will snap a pic. Even if it's grainy and from 50 feet away. Too much money is at stake for someone not to take a pic.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

The story is true, but the story will never be told in the same way once others pick it up. If 20 people sat in a circle, and you whispered a short story in one persons ear and asked them to pass it around. The story will never get back to you in the same way.

The royals are spotted, but we don't always get pictures. I don't think anyone expected to see Harry and Meghan shopping for a Christmas tree and pics weren't taken by the people who sold them the tree. If Harry and Meghan were being followed by a pap, we likely would've had some pics.

Who want them followed? Who want to post some private pics on the forums and net?

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-14-2016, 09:28 AM
Aristocracy

I have no doubt that they are together in London. She has not been seen in Toronto and since Sunday she has not posted anything in instagran
Old 12-14-2016, 09:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.10 View Post
I have no doubt that they are together in London. She has not been seen in Toronto and since Sunday she has not posted anything in instagran
But 4 different people told different stories about the Christmas tree for publicity, so that means she is not in London.

Quote:
Has there been corroboration by people not connected to the store that sold the tree? Passers-by, other customers?

For the question of where is she, she could be anywhere I suppose. Including London. She does have a life outside of her boyfriend of 7 months.

The collective will of the British tabloid press is pulling out all the stops to get information and preferably pics of Meghan and Harry.

If Meghan is truly in London and the couple is out and about buying Christmas trees and the like, someone will snap a pic. Even if it's grainy and from 50 feet away. Too much money is at stake for someone not to take a pic.
Ok so we agree 4 people lied for publicity and Meghan is not in London.

Closed Thread