Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when people make unkind references to Sarah they should remember, that was then and we only know what the Paps spun, and this is now. We could ask Harry of course as he has, and still does, spend time holidaying in the snow with the Yorks. All of them.

Since Victoria made them family friendly they have been doing that ;) No, the press and would have a field day with Harry and his girl shacking up and all the illegitmate rug rats running around. Various sources would should to high heaven about how 'Public' money is paying for this situation, is she a gold digger ?? How he is lowering the moral tone of the RF and all sorts of nonsense.

Harry obviously want their future children have the same rights as other members of the Royal Family. It will definitely get married and then will come the children.

and what if as happens in a few years they break up after having kids? If you think Albert gets a lot of flack for his two out of wedlock kids it will be nothing to this!

The only people with children born out of wedlock are some of the Lascelles who are descendants of Princess Mary who was George VI sister. They don't really go to Royal events.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Whether people understand or accept it or not the monarch is the 'Defender of the Faith and Supreme Governor of the Church of England'....it may have been acceptable decades ago for men to run around siring bastards far and wide but it's not acceptable now.

For the monarch's son's etc to engage in that behavior would cause an issue. Look at what all went on when Charles wanted to marry Camilla.

LaRae

Can we stop calling children/people bastards, please. Forget the Church of England, I find that unacceptable.

Whether people understand or accept it or not the monarch is the 'Defender of the Faith and Supreme Governor of the Church of England'....it may have been acceptable decades ago for men to run around siring bastards far and wide but it's not acceptable now.

For the monarch's son's etc to engage in that behavior would cause an issue. Look at what all went on when Charles wanted to marry Camilla.

LaRae

Absolutely! This is United Kingdom, not an episode of 'Game of Thrones'.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Can we stop calling children/people bastards, please. Forget the Church of England, I find that unacceptable.

I agree. I am bored out of my mind by political correctness in general, but that feels like an ugly way to describe innocent children in the 21st century.:sad:

For the record, yes there were/are children born out of wedlock in the modern BRF. Princess Alexandra's daughter Marina Ogilvy Mowatt went this route and as someone else pointed out there are the Lascelles.

The Windsors might not have as many "illegitimate" children as they did in the past but it is absurd to pretend that they operate on some higher moral plane. Fornication, pre marital shacking up,adultery and divorce is just as much the status quo in this particular Royal family as any other and in a few comparisons it's worse than other Royal families.

Last edited:
Marina was on the way to having an illegitimate child but she married before the child was actually born - married in February and child born in May.

I remember there was an outcry at the time that she was going to have this child out of wedlock and so pressure was brought to bear on her to marry the child's father before the child was born (Zenouska was the child by the way). The couple were only married for 7 years and had the two children. Zenouska is currently 55th in the line of succession to the throne ahead of any of the descendants of Princess Mary, George V's daughter.

But Illegimate children are not. Even with the worst of the queens children's behavior they never crossed that line. Those people mentioned are so far down the line it is ludicrous to compare them with senior Royal family and the way they operate.

I suppose it's commendable that they didn't "cross that line" but I still don't see what is so much worse about children out of wedlock than open adultery?

Both scenarios involve the destruction of or the flouting of societal and religious norms regarding the sanctity of marriage and family.

But the point is moot. Harry has stated publically that in due time he wants a WIFE and children, not a live-in mistress and children.

Last edited:
The unwed royals have their "getting the cookie time", but are very careful and pretty responsible.

Well no children born out of wedlock that we know about !!!! ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Have you seen or even heard of The current BRF having an illegitimate child? Phillip? Any of his sons?

LaRae

There has been at least one unsubstantiated claim about Charles.

There has also been the child of Mark Philip's while still married to Anne. This one is confirmed by DNA testing.

There have been rumours about Philip for years - that he is the father of Helene Cordet's children for instance.

None have been substantiated but the rumours are there nonetheless.

Rumors and claims are a dime a dozen. I would take them with a whole Dead Sea full of salt.

It's pretty much an open secret that the current Queen's late flamboyant, drug addicted uncle George Duke of Kent was the father of Michael Canfield, adopted son of publisher Cass Canfield.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ens-cousin-got-pain-knowing-real-parents.html

Michael was the first husband of Lee Bouvier Radziwill, sister of Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy.

But it's as royal rob said...there are no out-of-wedlock children in the current BRF that the we the public know about.:cool:

Soo... You are surmising Without any proof whatsoever that some Roysls might possibly have hidden away illegitimate kids and trying to argue because of these unproven kids it would be perfectly normal and/or fine for Harry to do the same?

Allrighty then.

Nope...not at all. A few posts up I admitted that Harry has even said that he wants a wife and children.

My comments were in response to the claims of a couple of posters that there are no children born out of wedlock among senior Royals in the BRF. That might be true, but none of us know that with 100% certainty.

How can we?:ermm:

Well no children born out of wedlock that we know about !!!! ��

It's also possible there are children born out of wedlock that the RF - including the man in question - doesn't know about. :)

Yes, no known children. But We do know for certain no modern Royal prince has shacked up with his girl and had a couple of kids or any Royal Princess has gotten knocked up out of wedlock... The Windsors are very conservative and responsible in that regard at least so Harry doing it would not be a Normal or immediately embraced thing to them.

It is possible that a Royal bride secretly gave an out of wedlock kid up for adoption or a Royal Baby was switched at birth or..or.. Let's' not carried away. Lots of things are possible but I will assume they have no outside kids until given proof otherwise :)

Last edited:
Let's get back on topic please.

Another criticism about SF was that she wasn't interested in charitable causes initially (eg she was lazy) and this might be an issue w/ Chelsy

This aspect of current royalty may undergo a change. Why is it necessary that all royal family members should go in lock-step with charitable causes? :ermm:

- she quit being a lawyer presumably because it was boring and hard work

Why 'presumably'? Do we know anything about why she shifted out? You are ascribing rather negative motives to her actions. It may be that it was that early on that Chelsy, along with Harry resigning from the military, were setting in place the conditions that would make a new life structure possible. :flowers:

- the Royal/charity gig is much the same, so that could be a real problem, IMO.

A leap, assuming charity work is boring, and hard work. As best as I can make out the 'hard work' entailed is mainly public appearances with a lot of chit-chat. This is not hard work. One has to find that kind of thing agreeable, of course, or it is brain-numbing, or as you say, boring. Deadly. Some people do like doing such, or if they don't, they make it interesting in some way. There are countless ways that I see someone like Charles (for an example) making his walkabouts interesting. Chelsy could do the same if she really felt that it was necessary to take up charity causes in the way you suggest. (I suspect Harry's wife will not have to present in the same way as William's wife is constrained to do).

Note, I'm not criticizing her as a person, just musing that the role of Harry's wife means working for the firm and she may find that to be too boring/confining never mind the relentless scrutiny of the press.

As 'someone' has observed on this thread ;) it looks like Chelsy has made her peace with media attention, so that's a moot point now. 'Working for the firm' may be subject to interpretation: it may mean just showing up for various public functions 2 or 3 times a year, at least for Harry's wife. Harry may carry the shank of the public duties, like Anne has done, as has been mentioned. :flowers:

'Confinement' is relative. If Harry and his wife are given a freer hand in the structure of their private life, such 'confinement' can be very relaxing in it's own sphere. Using Charles as another example, he is out-and-about a great deal yet that is not reported. Same will likely be respected with Harry and his wife. JMO. :flowers:

Last edited:
Seeing as the majority of the BRF members are older, Harry and his wife will have to step up and help take on some of the duties. There is no way his wife will be able to do only 2-3 engagements a year.

Why 'presumably'? Do we know anything about why she shifted out? You are ascribing rather negative motives to her actions. It may be that it was that early on that Chelsy, along with Harry resigning from the military, were setting in place the conditions that would make a new life structure possible. :flowers:

Chelsy was in a serious relationship when she quit her job, so I doubt Harry had anything to do with her decision.

Last edited:
Posts discussing whether Prince Harry's future wife can have a full-time job, have been moved to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom