Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but they were able to hide their relationship for some time due to the media distance while he was at university. They were able to develop things in the early stages without the additional pressures of the world looking on.

Yup, plus they were young enough that marriage wasn't a pressing concern. The older Harry gets, the more pressure there will be. Really very hard on him.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I think Harry needs someone like Zara! Sporty, fun, free-spirited, energetic, yet willing to step up and look the part for any royal events.

Doesn't she have any like-minded friends to introduce him to? ;)
You have obviously forgotten about her getting her tongue pierced! :lol: But I am sure both she and Mike have introduced Harry to their friends and lightening didn't strike unfortunately.

I think if Harry is lucky, the woman he loves will marry him despite who he is rather than because.

I take heart that renowned bachelor extraordinaire, George Clooney, was eventually leveled by love, I just hope it doesn't take Harry quite that long! :lol:

I won't fuss over what kind of girl Harry will marry. I'll just hope that...

.... when Harry finds the right girl for him (sincerely not taking advantage of his status)..he sees she loves her career...and he accepts that she wants to keep it. He badly wants to marry her and seeing that the woman he loves will have to give up her career, he will plead his family that he would give up his right to the throne. Then due to his persistence, he will be stripped of his right to the throne. What's the right to the throne? If he really wants to help people, he will do so by being Harry without that right. If he gives up that right, perhaps, the people would not be much judgmental of that girl. He will not be king anyway. The girl might be compared to Wallis.. but Harry will not be king (so if there would be backstabbers of that girl, they are complaining for nonsense).
Then, they will marry somewhere privately (their own choice). Harry remains a prince, his wife keeps her job, they will have a great family. Storms would come but they would survive them.
I hope that will be possible.. Ah, what a nice story. Just wishful thinking. No need to be taken seriously.

The future is a big uncertainty. It is a curtain which no person can ever look onto.

Last edited:
Harry takes orders from his commanders but can you picture him orders from a middle msnagment boss at some company or starting at the bottom any where ?
He can start his own business, or work somewhere without management bosses.

I don't know, some people love to vacation/travel. It's about seeing new places and meeting new people. Not everyone is cut out for a 9-5. My feeling is that if you have the money and you love to do it, why not? It's not hurting anyone.

IMO someone who does nothing but spends money and vacations is not someone to be admired. perhaps it's a culture thing, I was raised to admire hardwork and leisure time was something that is a result of that hard work. Even the filthy rich people I know of still work either in business or with charities. Again it might just be me, but I do recall a lot of complaints against Kate for being idle and not working when she was dating William. Harry's circle might be those people who just party travel and hunt but it is my suggestion that he look for someone who has a goal and work ethic Even if it's minimal.

I think those same people who criticized Kate would have found something else to complain about if she had had a 9-5 job. Not the least of which that she was taking a job away from someone else who needed it more. IMO there are just a number of people who don't like her (for their very own reasons) and nothing she could have done would have made a difference. Of course for some people there was the class issue and they thought up any "legitimate" reason not to liker her.

I just hope he doesn't get pressured into marriage. Now that William has to two children it seems like Harry is on the firing line. He is the new "news".

The people who complains about Kate were the same people who said no one who works for the family business has a real job. Any job that Kate had wasn't consider real, whether Jigsaw or for Party Pieces. Using going to clubs at night or doing something on the weekend was consider as proof that she wasn't working. And when she went to Berkshire (move out of London) to work for her parent company and stop going to clubs, b/c she wasn't picture 24/7 people claim she wasn't working b/c she wasn't pictures.

Anyone who says Kate wasn't working because she was working for the family business either has never worked for a family business or if so, didn't work very hard for that family business.

The people who complains about Kate were the same people who said no one who works for the family business has a real job. Any job that Kate had wasn't consider real, whether Jigsaw or for Party Pieces.

Maybe, but royal schedules are notoriously set in stone.
If Kate didn't make herself available for William, when would she see him?
She had to plan her time around his schedule; this has been true for every royal gf: Diana, Fergie, Sophie, Camilla, etc.

It doesn't sound like she plan her time around his schedule base on those voicemail and text message that was read in that British Press hack trial.

I just hope he doesn't get pressured into marriage. Now that William has to two children it seems like Harry is on the firing line. He is the new "news".

I hope he doesn't feel pressure to marry because William is married with a family. I sometimes feel that makes him feel left out or left behind especially now that he is almost 31. I just hope he doesn't look at his brother and feel compelled to rush and achieve his only family.

I won't fuss over what kind of girl Harry will marry. I'll just hope that...

.... when Harry finds the right girl for him (sincerely not taking advantage of his status)..he sees she loves her career...and he accepts that she wants to keep it. He badly wants to marry her and seeing that the woman he loves will have to give up her career, he will plead his family that he would give up his right to the throne. Then due to his persistence, he will be stripped of his right to the throne. What's the right to the throne? If he really wants to help people, he will do so by being Harry without that right. If he gives up that right, perhaps, the people would not be much judgmental of that girl. He will not be king anyway. The girl might be compared to Wallis.. but Harry will not be king (so if there would be backstabbers of that girl, they are complaining for nonsense).
Then, they will marry somewhere privately (their own choice). Harry remains a prince, his wife keeps her job, they will have a great family. Storms would come but they would survive them.
I hope that will be possible.. Ah, what a nice story. Just wishful thinking. No need to be taken seriously.

The future is a big uncertainty. It is a curtain which no person can ever look onto.

Not taking everything too seriously, Olyashka, but I think he may well have thought of giving it all away and settling down in Africa with Chelsy when he was in his early twenties. I have no doubt whatsoever that if the romance had lasted and Harry wasn't who he is, those two would have been married and probably starting a family by now.

However Harry's a senior royal. He knows that any woman he settles down with will almost certainly be brought into 'the Firm' and a private career for her will prove just too difficult. He wouldn't ever abandon and disappoint his father or the brother he spoke about supporting in his difficult role many years ago now. IMO of course. Retiring into private life for the sake of his wife's career just isn't an option for Harry.

Harry shares an interest in country pursuits like shooting and fishing. He was fishing in Iceland early this year. He plays polo and collects art. He's been seen several times in the past twelve months in London art galleries with his friends Jake and Zoe Warren. Harry also skis and is an enthusiastic follower of Rugby League games. He's been spotted at the theatre several times as well in past months. I wouldn't call those narrow interests.

I think we may be talking apples and oranges. ;) He engages in pleasant past-times, yes. I didn't know he collects art and frequents art galleries, that's something. Possibly his father's interests have rubbed off. I am heartened. Even the theatre. (Thanks to Cressida, no doubt. :p ) So he lives a well-rounded leisurely life, okay, not narrow. :flowers:

Yet, it's a bit more than that. It's his work-life that has struck me as narrow (soldiering and helicopters). I am in the age bracket of Harry and William. The one aspect that drew me to my husband was his passion for his work, his focus and ambition. He is interested in everything and is a fascinating conversationalist. However good-looking, however charismatic, I cannot imagine finding anyone attractive enough to date who does not have goals and interests and a drive to take action in the world. I don't see that in Harry. That's what I mean about him needing to mature. He seems stuck somewhere in his early 20's party persona.

Though, this leaving the military may be the brave creative leap. Might be. I just don't think any woman worth her salt would look twice at someone like Harry as a serious partner, at least not at this stage. A man with a career, with real substantial interests that bear fruit in the world, that is a man women want as a partner. :flowers:

I think we need to consider the social strata, for lack of a better term, that Harry is part of. YOU may think all those things are necessary, or a good idea, however there are a whole group of people out there that do not feel the same as you do. Travelling, playing tennis or golf and lunching and dinner with friends and going to a play is what many of these people do. I think the people who are so critical don't realize that this a lifestyle .... a very wealthy lifestyle. Or if they do realize it they just don't accept that that is the way it is.

I have to disagree here a bit. :flowers: I will accept that this is what your experience has shown you, but in my experience it is very different. Aimless men do not attract partners of any worth. Such a social milieu rapidly deteriorates into ennui and an inbred aimlessness, and a plunge in social status. Most people seek to marry out of that, not into it. If someone takes their birth circumstances too much for granted they quickly get out-paced and replaced by the truly scintillating and fascinating and interesting, those with passion for something.

The truly wealthy may not have to work to sustain their lives, but most need to work to sustain their souls and spirits. They may not get paid, but they do work at something. (In this category I would not place charity work - that is to say, charity work at his level is good for the quarterly exposure for the sake of donations, but I am talking about 'work in the world', the creative spark, a life's passion).

Last edited:
I think Harry does have passions and ambitions. You can see it in his work with wounded veterans, his work in promoting the Invectus Games. He threw himself 100% into that, also in his treks to both Poles, where he was highly praised by his disabled team mates for doing his best to keep up their morale and spirits. Then there is his commitment to the charity he co-founded in his late teens, Sentebale.

When was the last time Harry fell drunk out of a nightclub or was seen partying night after night? Not that there's anything wrong with that when you're young and single. William and Kate did enough of it in their pre-engagement days.

I see Harry as the reverse of aimless and disengaged. He performs all his royal engagements with enthusiasm and enjoyment, building up tremendous good will. William also led a life of military life and piloting. Yes, he went to university, but I'm sorry but I can't see a well-rounded individual of many interests in William. Yet Kate married him.

We don't know what course in life Harry will pursue after leaving the army. Nor do we know who he'll marry. However, I'm convinced that the career he picks will be fulfilling and that he will also attract and marry an accomplished young woman who will fit in well into royal life.

I don't want to jinx the lad but I think it will be years before he marries if ever. He certainly wants to but not many women are willing to undergo the lifetime of criticism and scrutiny that the job requires. A woman my love Harry but want no part whatsoever of being a member of the Firm.

I agree. For some there is a puritanical obsession with 'work' and disregarding the family.

As has been pointed out regardless if Harry marries an astronaut she will have to become part of the Firm anyway and give up her career.

The work will be great for the right one though. There would be so much of it she'd really have to enjoy the administrative assisting. Takes a good set of brains to do all that remembering. Really it might be more of an executive position. I don't know, personally, I couldn't do it, I couldn't tolerate paper pushing, organizing names to faces for pay and privilege, computer busy work and paperclips as a break time activity, let alone as a full time job know what I mean? Millions of people do it and it is a rewarding career. In one way or another somehow we are all benefiting from someone's administrative skills from some time, somewhere. She's gonna have to love that stuff. I like art way too much to ever make big money at it, let alone anything else, with my attitude and laziness, but I survive nicely, even with a horrible memory, lol.

Last edited:
I think Harry needs someone like Zara! Sporty, fun, free-spirited, energetic, yet willing to step up and look the part for any royal events.

Doesn't she have any like-minded friends to introduce him to? ;)

Zara reportedly set him up with Mollie from The Saturdays. Zara is close friends with Una Healy, Mollie's bandmate. He went on a couple dates with Mollie shortly before his relationship with Cressida.

It appears that both Zara and Eugenie are 0-1 in the Harry matchmaking sweepstakes. Now Beatrice needs to enter the race.

Harry will have to find someone who will be able to put up with a lot of stuff. His relationship with Chelsy lasted for a longtime and she put up with a great deal. I think things fell apart for them on a much personal level, and it wasn't the royal lifestyle that drove her away. You could just tell their personal relationship wasn't all that and a bag of chips, later on.

Anyone who says Kate wasn't working because she was working for the family business either has never worked for a family business or if so, didn't work very hard for that family business.

My brothers & I can attest to that!!! Since Dad was the boss, we were expected to do more and since I still lived at home, there was no calling in sick, no matter what I did the night before.

I always felt that Kate went to work for her parents because of the 24/7 media coverage at her other jobs.

I hope Harry finds a level headed woman who shares his interests.

I think we may be talking apples and oranges. ;) He engages in pleasant past-times, yes. I didn't know he collects art and frequents art galleries, that's something. Possibly his father's interests have rubbed off. I am heartened. Even the theatre. (Thanks to Cressida, no doubt. :p ) So he lives a well-rounded leisurely life, okay, not narrow. :flowers:

Yet, it's a bit more than that. It's his work-life that has struck me as narrow (soldiering and helicopters). I am in the age bracket of Harry and William. The one aspect that drew me to my husband was his passion for his work, his focus and ambition. He is interested in everything and is a fascinating conversationalist. However good-looking, however charismatic, I cannot imagine finding anyone attractive enough to date who does not have goals and interests and a drive to take action in the world. I don't see that in Harry. That's what I mean about him needing to mature. He seems stuck somewhere in his early 20's party persona.

Though, this leaving the military may be the brave creative leap. Might be. I just don't think any woman worth her salt would look twice at someone like Harry as a serious partner, at least not at this stage. A man with a career, with real substantial interests that bear fruit in the world, that is a man women want as a partner. :flowers:

I have to disagree here a bit. :flowers: I will accept that this is what your experience has shown you, but in my experience it is very different. Aimless men do not attract partners of any worth. Such a social milieu rapidly deteriorates into ennui and an inbred aimlessness, and a plunge in social status. Most people seek to marry out of that, not into it. If someone takes their birth circumstances too much for granted they quickly get out-paced and replaced by the truly scintillating and fascinating and interesting, those with passion for something.

The truly wealthy may not have to work to sustain their lives, but most need to work to sustain their souls and spirits. They may not get paid, but they do work at something. (In this category I would not place charity work - that is to say, charity work at his level is good for the quarterly exposure for the sake of donations, but I am talking about 'work in the world', the creative spark, a life's passion).

Well let me just say that there are MANY years of difference in our ages .... but I'm not telling mine. :whistling: :D

. William also led a life of military life and piloting. Yes, he went to university, but I'm sorry but I can't see a well-rounded individual of many interests in William. Yet Kate married him.

That is a huge assumption. How could you possibly know enough about William to determine if he is "well-rounded" or not? How could you know what interests or hobbies he has? You can't know and yet you have come to the conclusion that Prince William, Duke of Cambridge is not a "well-rounded individual of many interests." Excuse me but that is poppycock. You only know him by what you read in the papers and they are only guessing.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is not about William, Kate or Harry's career. Please stay on topic.

It would be good for Harry to have a girlfriend who both appreciated the country and winter sports that he loves but who also enjoys going to concerts, art galleries and the theatre.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nor do we know who he'll marry.

That's for sure, but if he focuses enough to have a career he feels passionate about, he's half-way to the altar. :flowers:

However, I'm convinced that the career he picks will be fulfilling and that he will also attract and marry an accomplished young woman who will fit in well into royal life.

Sounds good. :flowers: Like a plan.

Last edited:
Yeah Andrew tried that with Koo Stark and it was a no go.

LaRae

I really thought before that he would easily find a girl there in Australia. Maybe a tour in Canada would do a miracle... Go Henry!

Oh definitely not someone with a controversial past. Harry + someone like that will make this thread fuller of arguments, complaints, mayhem, etc~
I really hope it will be someone who will mellow his partying and playful side yet will not be seen by him as controlling.

I also want to see him get out of the "blonde spell"... Going home already? Why don't he stop over Philippines for a vacation incognito (as if it's possible lol).
I'm not suggesting myself! My heart is already taken and I'm too young for him!

There are nice girls out here... I mean girls who even don't know he's a prince (not a lot of royal watchers from my country obviously), who don't chase after money and fame, Christian (Protestant), decent, well-balanced in being intellectual and fun, etc... passable but not royal, which is a pity, because no matter how sincere her love for him will be, the press and countless royal watchers will scorn her as gold-digger, etc. blackmail, mudslinging comments which other commoner-turned-royals have suffered/are suffering after being acknowledged as the fiancée/wife of this-that famous prince/crown prince/king.

Anyway, I'm just suggesting. I'm obsessing over seeing Harry's children with Asian blood (esp. Southeast Asian) because seeing the combination of Eurasians here, almost everyone of them look awesome! We all love seeing cute babies and later ravishing beauties/swoonworthy princes, don't we?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom