Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Harry needs to stop dating the same blonde girl over and over and get out of circle of blue blood girls his grown up around. I don't see him getting back together with Chelsey Davy neither and I don't think she wants to be a royal bride still. He needs to find a girl that's not looking to become famous or a title, but willing to take on being a royal. She had better be confident in her own skin, cause she is always going be compared to perfect Kate. I just hope the press will let the girl be herself and not compare her to Kate ever article they write. She needs to have a career and good friends and family behind her too.

Kate AND Diana if you please. He does like the blonde socialites for sure...I wonder what Freud would say about that?

I just don't think Harry's wife would be able to, especially when Charles becomes king. Even Sophie found it incredibly difficult.

If say, Harry married a lawyer or an architect what about days to be taken off that she was just expected to attend like the Trooping of the Colour? If lots of clients ask specifically for her to handle their case/project, what would be the reaction of her professional colleagues?

What if she handled a case badly and a client went to the media with complaints? How would that reflect on the firm? Would colleagues and the boss appreciate the business building being besieged by photographers or reporters asking them about their opinion of Duchess ---? What about security? She would have to have ever-present Protection Officers.

I can imagine lots of other reasons why, as a senior royal, especially when Charles comes to the throne, Harry's wife will be much better off in the royal family, supporting her husband and in-laws, especially as Charles and Camilla will be elderly.

I have to agree. IMO this would be like Princess Margariet in the NL supporting her mother and later her sister in handling the royal duties. Harry and spouse would be a necessary part of Charles' reign especially as he and Camilla age. Later I expect that he would be there to help his brother.

Now I do believe that Harry's children will be encouraged to find careers in the outside world but would be present at large family gatherings.

Hmm I have a problem with people saying what Harry should or shouldn't do. If he likes blondes that's just his poison, it may be annoying to us but for some reason he can't get away from them. The older he gets the more unlikely he is going to find a girl who doesn't have a career and if she doesn't and isn't pursuing something that should be a big warning flag. I admit I personally would not go for a Cressida who went to school for dance.

Kate did not exactly have career or pursuing anything much particularand that has worked out perfectly Just saying.

Last edited:
Kate did not exactly have career or pursuing anything much particularand that has worked out perfectly Just saying.

William met Kate when they were in college and not expected to have jobs. If Harry meets a woman who is his age, not in college and has no job that is a bad sign and a differrentry situation then Kates.

But Harry is the crazy fun one! seriously I have hard time picturing him with a serious student or a girlfriend with a steady job she is not willing or able to dump to go skiing in Switzeland or for a two week island vacation. then again opposites attract.

Well a job is a job and it could be the type she can go on vacays sometime during the year. Unfortunately it seems that a woman he gets serious with is going to have to be more like Kate, Diana, or Camilla meaning no real career, career goals or future. But finding someone like that in their late 20s or 30s is going to be hard and it will say something about the woman Imo. He could luck out and find a Sophie who is motivated to have a career but will give it up if she must.

Whomever Harry marries isn't going to have to work unless she wants to. She can spend her free time doing charitable work and whatever small roles she may have with the royal family engagements.

LaRae

I don't know about amaryllus, but I am talking about Harry meeting a hypothetical girl, so the question of charitable work is far off.

He may well meet a girl while doing some of his charitable work....however I don't know that it would be far off to think his wife would be involved in charitable work after their marriage.

LaRae

Thost are the kind of women he grew up with and feels most comfortable with... Even now upper aristo females are much more known for fashion and facinators than being goal oriented or passionate about much or having serious career pursuits.

Well a job is a job and it could be the type she can go on vacays sometime during the year. Unfortunately it seems that a woman he gets serious with is going to have to be more like Kate, Diana, or Camilla meaning no real career, career goals or future. But finding someone like that in their late 20s or 30s is going to be hard and it will say something about the woman Imo. He could luck out and find a Sophie who is motivated to have a career but will give it up if she must.

It's hard to compare a possible spouse of Harry's to the situation Kate, Diana, and Camilla were each in.

Kate met William in school and while she didn't marry him until she was older they were together for long enough that I don't think we can really fault Kate for not having had a career pre-marriage.

Diana, on the other hand, met and married Charles when she was extremely young and didn't really have time to have found a career, similar can be said of Sarah.

Camilla got married young at a time when it wasn't uncommon for women, especially those of her class, to not work.

A lot is made of Sophie having given up her career for Edward, but we should remember that first of all she wasn't motivated to have one - she had to have one, her age and class required it - and second of all she gave it up because she got into trouble with how she used her royal status to further her career - behaviour that Edward could also be accused of. Neither of them became full time royals because they were willing to sacrifice themselves for the betterment of the monarchy, they became full time royals because they had to in order to save face.

Harry is very capable of finding a girl who's close to his age or a bit younger and doesn't have a career because contrary to what many people on this board seem to think it's not all that uncommon for a late-twenty-early-thirty-something to have not yet established themselves in a career yet. Unless someone is a professional who has spent years getting a degree for a certain job - lawyers, doctors, etc - or considers the job path that they're on to be their calling Harry really isn't likely to be as limited to find a possible spouse who has working history but isn't in a position where she couldn't or wouldn't give it up.

Who says any woman should have a career? Not all women care to have them. For some women (even nowdays) they want to marry and care for the family..and really that is a career. If they and their spouse are ok with it then there shouldn't be anything else to say about it.

I would say it will be hard for a wife of Harry's to have a career outside the royal family/charitable works.

LaRae

Diana and Camilla have more of an excuse as you mentioned.. But Kate being with William should not have prevented her from having some kind of serious long term job or at least a goal she wanted accomplish. She really did mostly just center her life around him. Anyway, I hope Harry finds his own Sophie one day. She does a great job.

Catherine did have a job, and several of them, before her marriage. People (media and folks on the internet) just had a problem with her jobs.

Harry will find someone eventually. He's a nice, smart, fun and wealthy guy. The lady is out there waiting for him. He may have to venture a bit away from the typical girls that surround him though. If I was in his position, I would be taking private travels to find my perfect woman.

The lady who'll take Harry's heart may be a serious career woman, or a young lady that's still trying to figure out what career path she wants to pursue. Either way, she will be under a great deal of media scrutiny and her life, career, and family will be dissected to death. He'll need someone who can take the lumps across the head, 2x4's across the back, and still go about her business with a smile. Diana, Sarah, Sophie and Camilla went through this in they're heydays, but Catherine and her family got the worst end of it all.

Whoever steals Harry's heart, won't have it easy, no matter what!

Last edited:
Harry will find someone eventually. He's a nice, smart, fun and wealthy guy. The lady is out there waiting for him.

Two out of four, maybe three out of four. ;) I'm being impish, and optimistic. Fact is, the way the public/tabloids go after any girlfriend (as shown with Cressida) I doubt any woman would willingly test those waters, no matter how fun and wealthy, or even nice.

Anyway, one possibility is that he will marry a divorcee, either from his circle or elsewhere. It's hard to say what he feels comfortable with since there seems to be no particular interest in his life. He's not interested in culture or intellectual pursuits. He doesn't 'paint the town'. The most that can be said is that he has a liking to party. He likes soldiering and helicopters. Pretty narrow interests. (I don't count showing up for charity gigs as an 'interest'). He needs to mature.

Last edited:
Harry shares an interest in country pursuits like shooting and fishing. He was fishing in Iceland early this year. He plays polo and collects art. He's been seen several times in the past twelve months in London art galleries with his friends Jake and Zoe Warren. Harry also skis and is an enthusiastic follower of Rugby League games. He's been spotted at the theatre several times as well in past months. I wouldn't call those narrow interests.

Last edited:
Harry seems to like effervescent, happy, charismatic women. I've always thought in his relationships that he reaches the point where he mentions (either referencing his own extroversion (ahem) or hers) that the charisma is great with crowds, but a hot mess if the press or someone you can't trust w/a cellphone catches you being a little devil. I think for anyone, a reminder that you are always "on stage" in public and that with chums, you can't trust anyone must be a wake up call for someone in their 20s.
The message must be something along the lines of "I love it that you are such a free spirit, but no one must ever see you drinking a shot," would be a real drag for Harry's type of woman.
I feel for him!

Harry seems to like effervescent, happy, charismatic women.

I think Harry needs someone like Zara! Sporty, fun, free-spirited, energetic, yet willing to step up and look the part for any royal events.

Doesn't she have any like-minded friends to introduce him to? ;)

I think Harry needs someone like Zara! Sporty, fun, free-spirited, energetic, yet willing to step up and look the part for any royal events.

Doesn't she have any like-minded friends to introduce him to? ;)

I would imagine that's already been done.

LaRae

Yes, free-spirited, energetic etc., similar to Zara, but does Zara participate in any royal ceremonial or events? I've never seen her do any, although she does sometimes appear on the balcony at the Trooping of the Colour. I mean, Harry's wife is going to have to participate in some major royal occasions in the next reign.

Maybe there's an energetic and free-spirited young woman in the Diplomatic Corps, working in some Embassy? Knowledge of protocol could be handy.

Pity they don't marry cousins any more... Seems all the ideal women are related to him. Bea and Eug and esp Zara are pretty much ideal for him really.

Who says any woman should have a career? Not all women care to have them. For some women (even nowdays) they want to marry and care for the family..and really that is a career. If they and their spouse are ok with it then there shouldn't be anything else to say about it.

I would say it will be hard for a wife of Harry's to have a career outside the royal family/charitable works.

LaRae

I agree. For some there is a puritanical obsession with 'work' and disregarding the family.

As has been pointed out regardless if Harry marries an astronaut she will have to become part of the Firm anyway and give up her career.

Last edited:
Yes, despite Harry being pushed down the line by George and Charlotte, he's a senior royal and any young lady he ends up with will most likely have to give up her job or at least work on a part-time bases.

I have to say it... Prince Albert finally met the right person at almost 60. Harry has all the time in world and should not be in any hurry.

Agree with amaryllus... Also, I find the whole debate about his suitable woman a bit creepy to be honest...

I have to say it... Prince Albert finally met the right person at almost 60. Harry has all the time in world and should not be in any hurry.

I wouldn't say Harry have all the time in the world or that he would want to wait that long. Albert's situation was a miracle in itself.

I totally understand Harry's situation though. It's tough, but he'll find the right one for him. I think it's harder for us average Joe's, and watching tons of Lifetime movies have a way of messing you up when it comes to the dating world!

I agree. For some there is a puritanical obsession with 'work' and disregarding the family.

As has been pointed out regardless if Harry marries an astronaut she will have to become part of the Firm anyway and give up her career.

I also agree, there is a crazy "obsession with 'work' and disregarding the family." It's all about, 'work the correct job and have the proper career or you're not good enough.' Then, if the families not pure as water and not from a aristocratic background, the royal family will embarrassed in some way.

Last edited:
Harry watches Lifetime movies?????

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'd sooner believe the Kate-had-a-surrogate-for-George nonsense. :lol:

Well we know it's not that he doesn't want to settle down...he's said at least twice in interviews in the past couple years that he wants a family and he wants to find the right person.

I cannot imagine being him and trying to get to know someone with the media focus...William actually had it much easier because he was sheltered from the media during the crucial early dating years with Kate.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom