Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking through Scottish dukes there seems to be a paucity of doughters of the right age, and unfortunately no photos of any.

The Duke of Buccleuch has a daughter, Lady Amabel, who was born in 1992, a little young but a possible!
The Duke of Roxburghe has Lady Isabella, born in September 1992.

Lady Rose Marie, born 1993, is the daughter of the Marquess of Huntly, again too young, IMO.
The Marquess of Lothian's daughter Mary was born in 1981, a bit too old, perhaps. The Marquess's heir, Lord Ralph Kerr, has a daughter Amabel, born in 1995. Too young!

The heir to the Earl of Mar, the Hon Alexander Erskine, has a daughter Isabel, who was born in 1982.

Almost all too old or too young, so far!

OmiGosh! The red-eye! :p Clearly not a professionally taken photograph! ;)

The Princess looks lovely. Her family would likely be up for it and she seems to be his physical type. Dare we hope?

She is indeed lovely. But she would have to convert to the Church of England(never happen..see Iluvbertie) or Harry must become a Roman Catholic(never happen).:sad:

And I don't agree that an early 20-something woman born between 1992 and 1995 would be too young for Harry,btw.

Last edited:
Under the about to be finalised Succession to the Crown Act she would be able to remain a Roman Catholic and not affect Harry's right to the throne.

The new Act allows those who have married RC's to return to the line of succession but ... anyone who is RC will still be excluded (and rightly so - you can't have the Supreme Governor of the Church of England not belong to the Church of England - just as no one would accept a Roman Catholic Pope to be anything but a Roman Catholic).

Prince Harry would not be required to convert to Catholicism in order to marry Princess Maria Beatriz, as she has no rights to the defunct Throne of Brazil, because her father married a commoner, her mother.

And, with the Succession to the Crown Act, the Princess could marry Prince Harry and keep her religion, without him loosing his rights to the British Throne.

Dare we hope?

She already works with charity. :whistling::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Under the about to be finalised Succession to the Crown Act she would be able to remain a Roman Catholic and not affect Harry's right to the throne.

The new Act allows those who have married RC's to return to the line of succession but ... anyone who is RC will still be excluded (and rightly so - you can't have the Supreme Governor of the Church of England not belong to the Church of England - just as no one would accept a Roman Catholic Pope to be anything but a Roman Catholic).

What about their children? If they were to be in the line of Succession to the British throne they would have to be baptized and raised in the Church of England. Depending on how observant the young lady and her family the Imperial House of Brazil are, that might not be acceptable to them.

The best solution would be for Harry to wed a non-Catholic...or a non-religious Catholic like his cousin Peter did.

Last edited:
I don't agree that an early 20-something woman born between 1992 and 1995 would be too young for Harry,btw.

I agree. :flowers: In fact, with the way he's going (if he's not secretly courting a lady fair, like Chelsy :p ) Harry will likely marry a woman who will be about 10 years or more younger than him, with the age gap widening as the years progress. That's my prediction.

OmiGosh! The red-eye! :p Clearly not a professionally taken photograph! ;)

The Princess looks lovely. Her family would likely be up for it and she seems to be his physical type. Dare we hope?

I doubt it. The princess and her family are Catholic. The law is about to change to allow members of the BRF to marry Catholics without forefeiting their succession rights, but somehow I doubt Harry would marry a non-Protestant. Furthermore, any children of that marriage would still have to be Protestant to remain in the line of succession.

What about their children? If they were to be in the line of Succession to the British throne they would have to be baptized and raised in the Church of England. Depending on how observant the young lady and her family the Imperial House of Brazil are, that might not be acceptable to them.

The best solution would be for Harry to wed a non-Catholic...or a non-religious Catholic like his cousin Peter did.

Maxima, according to the Dutch posters on the TRF, got an special authorization from the Archbishop of Utrecht to marry the Protestant Prince of Orange. However, she didn't marry in the Catholic church and her 3 daughters were baptized in the Protestant church and are being raised as Protestants (princess Amalia is actually moving this year from a secular public school to a private Protestant gymnasium).

Another example is Princess Leonore of Sweden, who, even though her father is Catholic, was baptized in the Lutheran church to preserve her rights of succession to the Swedish throne.

If Harry married a Catholic, I assume that, like Maxima's and Madeleine's children, his children would also be raised as Protestants. Would the Brazilian Imperial Family accept that ?

Depends on the point of view, I guess. The British Royal Family regard their non-reigning counterparts as Royals. The Duchess of Cambridge even curtsied to the Crown Princess of Romania at the Diamond Jubilee Lunch, which had many non-reigning Royals in attendance.

If we're talking about Prince Harry and a Princess from a non-reigning House, here's a picture of him with Princess Maria Beatriz of Orleans-Braganza, a niece of the Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, taken in Rio de Janeiro, in 2012 (the Princess is the girl on the right):

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LmwXLtsF6...AACNA/hqO-B4TYcE0/s1600/principdedentrooo.jpg

Thank you for sharing this photo - I've never seen Harry with any member of a non-reigning house before. Do we know if the BRF have any connections to the Brazilian Imperial Family or was it just a coincidence that Harry and Princess Maria Beatriz met? What event was the photo taken at? It looks like it was taken at a party, judging by the clothes they are wearing (and, the general vibe of the photo just feels a bit like a party for me).

I don't see the point of that (marrying someone from a royal house that is not reigning. That means just another commoner, right? Might as well marry a commoner in the first place).

This is off-topic but personally, I consider non-reigning royals as royalty, though for me they are not on the same "level" (not sure if that was the correct word to use here) as reigning royals, since they are no longer the head of state of their country, and are mostly just like ordinary citizens. Some non-reigning royals do perform engagements, such as Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia, and the Romanian RF. Others do attend events such as charity dinners and events in connection with projects that help the less fortunate citizens of their country. But most of the non-reigning royals tend to live more of a private life.

IIRC, the titles of non-reigning royals are recognised in England and can be used on official occasions, since non-reigning titles are only not recognised in their own countries and other republics. Therefore, it wouldn't exactly be the equivalent of marrying a commoner for Harry. However, if Harry were to marry a woman with a title, I think it's more likely she will come from an aristocratic English family, and I think it's quite unlikely he will marry someone like Princess Theodora of Greece, as she is related to Harry through Prince Philip. Royal relations marrying each other mostly seems to be a thing of the past nowadays. But, I think Harry will marry a girl like Cressida Bonas (not Cressida herself though, their relationship appears to be over), who doesn't have a title, but moves in his circle of friends and is from a wealthy family.

And you are probably predicting correctly.;)

I am hoping that he is chasing Chelsy again so he doesn't chase a job down under! :mad:
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Is Harry set to emigrate Down Under? | Daily Mail Online

I like the idea! :flowers: It would be a real break with his past, starting anew in a new place. Makes sense. I can see Harry having found a comfortable slot among Aussies. Couldn't he be the Royal Governor or something? And marrying an Aussie girl seems about right for him. I like this scenario. ;)

Last edited:
I like the idea! :flowers: It would be a real break with his past, starting anew in a new place. Makes sense. I can see Harry having found a comfortable slot among Aussies. Couldn't he be the Royal Governor or something? And marrying an Aussie girl seems about right for him. I like this scenario. ;)

If Harry moved to Australia then I think we should make him our King. That way we would 'break the apron strings that embarrass us" as the republicans like to say and still have a Windsor as monarch.

Australians now will not accept a foreigner as Head of State and so there is no way we would accept Harry in any official role.

If we wouldn't accept Charles in the 1970s there is no way we would accept Harry now. Those days have long past.

If Harry moved to Australia then I think we should make him our King. That way we would 'break the apron strings that embarrass us" as the republicans like to say and still have a Windsor as monarch.

Why would we want to import a foreigner to be Head of State?

Aren't there any Australians we could put into that position?

Had Queen Victoria sent one of her younger sons or grandsons here in 1901 it might be working today but it isn't going to work now.

No, it wouldn't be possible. Harry will be welcome here for as long as he likes to stay and who knows, he might find an Aussie bride here. (Are the PM's daughters still available?) However I'm sure the Palace knows the days of a British GG are long gone.

I think Harry should go to a other country for awhile were he can be a normal guy and a chance to date a normal girl. I think the media should give him a break like they did when William was at university. How does the press ever expect him to marry if he can't date anyone without it been all over the news and there already planning his wedding for him

I think Harry should go to a other country for awhile were he can be a normal guy and a chance to date a normal girl. I think the media should give him a break like they did when William was at university. How does the press ever expect him to marry if he can't date anyone without it been all over the news and there already planning his wedding for him

Best way for Harry to date back at home, is court her in the countryside. Although, I do agree, he should get out and explore outside of his circle.

Harry seems firmly into the 'ladies who lunch' type of woman or at least a younger version and always a blonde at that.That is nether bad nor good but as the saying goes if you always do what you do you'll always get what you got. Branching out a tad would not hurt a bit.

Sweet as usual Lady Nimue :wub:

He'd have to be an Australian to have that job. He could become and Australian citizen I guess, but he has to meet the skill criteria required for entry one would assume...or not!:ermm:

Australians now will not accept a foreigner as Head of State and so there is no way we would accept Harry in any official role.

If we wouldn't accept Charles in the 1970s there is no way we would accept Harry now. Those days have long past.

Had Queen Victoria sent one of her younger sons or grandsons here in 1901 it might be working today but it isn't going to work now.

Most eloquently put my dear.:D

If Prince Henry's future wife is Orthodox, would she be able to keep her Orthodox religion?
Or is there a stipulation that she would have to convert?
The Act of Settlement did not mention the Orthodox faith.

The Duke of Edinburgh was baptized Greek Orthodox, but converted to the CoE when he became engaged to the current queen. Why then, if he didn't have to?

He didn't have to but as he had been raised largely in the CoE due to his schools and the navy he felt he may as well convert seeing as he had been largely worshipping CoE all his life anyway.

The law regarding Roman Catholics is about to change anyway. The spouse will be able to be RC or any other religion or no religion if they wish but the monarch must be Church of England.

When the Succession to the Crown Act is finally past people who have been excluded from the line of succession due to the faith of their spouse e.g. Prince Michael of Kent and Prince Ernest of Hanover will be restored to their place in the line. Anyone who is Roman Catholic e.g. the Earl of St Andrews children are barred as Roman Catholics. The Earl's son, Baron Downpatrick will be the first Roman Catholic Duke of Kent since the Reformation.

The Duke of Edinburgh was baptized Greek Orthodox, but converted to the CoE when he became engaged to the current queen. Why then, if he didn't have to?

It was his own choice. Philip left Greece as a baby. Spent a majority of his school years in the UK and served in the Royal Navy.

Kate did a sort of similar thing before she got married to William where she got confirmed into the CoE. Would she have done that if she wasn't marrying the future head of the CoE?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I agree I think he needs to get out of that upper British circle he dates from and branch out. Like someone else said stop dating the same blonde girl over and over lol. Try dating a brunette or a red head, one that is confident in her own skin. Cause she's going need it!! Cause the press is going be always comparing her to perfect Kate.

it was tongue in cheek bertie, you didn't have to be so curt.But to take it seriously. If Harry moved to aussie, became and aussie citizen and we wanted an Australian head of state then we could still be a monarchy, with a Windsor but our own rather than one living in GB. I would much prefer that to being a republic, with the president being filled by either a political appointment or a popularity contest. I cant think of a suitable Australian dynasty that would suit as Australian monarch. And yes this is right of topic so I apologise

I agree I think he needs to get out of that upper British circle he dates from and branch out. Like someone else said stop dating the same blonde girl over and over lol. Try dating a brunette or a red head, one that is confident in her own skin. Cause she's going need it!! Cause the press is going be always comparing her to perfect Kate.

I think Harry should marry whomever he feels comfortable with, like his brother did. After all, he is the one who will have to create a successful marriage and family with this person and (ideally) live with her the rest of his life, not the media.

So let them compare her to Kate, who, by the way, is not perfect or even close!

Harry will likely marry a woman who will be about 10 years or more younger than him, with the age gap widening as the years progress. That's my prediction.

Harry can marry someone his own age. Edward was 35 when he married the 34 year old Sophie. Sophie had children at age 38 & 42.

His namesake, Prince Henry the Duke the Gloucester was 35 when he married 33 year old Alice Christabel Montagu Douglas Scott. She was a few days shy of her 40th birthday when she gave birth to her first child. She had her second children 3 months before turning 43.

Yes, but both women had difficulties conceiving and giving birth. Sophie almost lost her life.

After a woman reaches 35 years the options, unfortunately start to decrease for a natural conception. I wouldn't want to see Harry as an older parent of about 40 when he has his first child, especially if his wife is near to that age too.

It's much nicer, imo, if you don't have worries like whether you will be able to have a large family if you wanted one. (I write as a mum of three, born when I was young, and having a daughter who went through IVF. She luckily had twins at nearly 40, but sometimes that option doesn't work.)

I would say so. :flowers: All indications have been that they are friends - have been, are now and will be. Cressida keeps throwing off the scent, and the message is fuzzy at best, but it seems that whatever they have been, they are now friends.

I know that here at TRF this view is not popular, but I think Cressida is a winner. I think Harry lost a real chance to be happy with a perfect fit. That has always been my sense. She's going to be okay. She is making her own way, forging a career. Good for her! Harry is being a friend. Good for him! :flowers:

Lady Nimue as is usually the case I agree with you. I think Cress would have added a much needed spark of...I don't know...something to the young BRF. I don't know what she is like as a person, but unless she is simply intolerable my opinion is that Harry missed out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom