Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the prospect of a upcoming marriage for Harry is a bit...uh delusional...

:D Ha! The astrology for a marriage in the summer of 2015 is auspicious, though. ;)

It's interesting what posters decide to call out as 'delusional' or get in a snit about (large helicopters vs small, etc). I am learning about TRF. :p (Though I do hope I don't become catty and a 'street fighter' for the sake of a chat site and a handful of royals I don't know).

Frankly, most all of royalty speculation is delusional one way or another. :flowers:

I agree. I had high hopes for Cressida at the beginning, but she doesn't seem right for Harry or the role. I want Harry to make a fabulous marriage for his own sake as well as the monarchy.

I think she is the most unusual 'royal girlfriend' I have seen in some while. She seems totally uninterested in playing the 'role'. She maintains a very low profile. As does her family imo.

Anyway, this is a relationship that has been chugging along for quite a number of years. Harry is unlikely to have the ability to find someone again as young as was Cressida when he started up with her. In many ways, they have 'imprinted' each other, he more her, I think. He may be Cressida's first, really long-term, involvement.

Anyway, I have a hunch - a speculation - that it is Harry who has a hard time letting go. It's in his genes. That can sometimes be a negative, but it can also be a positive. It means he will be loyal in his way. I just hope he isn't keeping her dangling. She's young enough, and possibly inexperienced enough, not to know when to cut her losses and run.

Last edited:
Just like some have done with Catherine, I am amazed by the amount of 'Cressida bashing'.
There is much assuming here about her motives.
A lot of criticism towards a lady none of us knows.
A bit unfair in my opinion.

Just like some have done with Catherine, I am amazed by the amount of 'Cressida bashing'.
There is much assuming here about her motives.
A lot of criticism towards a lady none of us knows.
A bit unfair in my opinion.

I agree. :flowers:

As I said above, she seems totally uninterested in playing 'the role'. She is very unique. The way she dresses indicates that she very much goes her own way. Maybe one has to be that kind of person, oblivious of what others say, to survive a royal romantic connection. She maintains a very low profile imo. As does her family, too, imo.

She has known Harry for quite a number of years. She is part of the inner circle. Harry is unlikely to have the ability to find someone again as young as was Cressida when he started up with her, and from his circle (familiar and comfortable).

It's Cressida who is the vulnerable one here. They've gone so far as to live together. For Cressida she put a lot on the line. Methinks it is Harry who has a hard time letting go. (We've seen that with Chelsy). It's in his genes. That can sometimes be a negative, but it can also be a positive. It means he will be loyal in his way. I just hope he isn't keeping her dangling, or worse, using her because Chelsy has given clear signals that she's moved on. As I said above, Cressida is young enough, and possibly inexperienced enough, not to know when to cut her losses and run.

There is a story that when William and Kate got back together Carole Middleton effectively told William not to mess around. As the mother of a little girl, I can see myself being that protective of my daughter's emotional well-being when the time comes. I hope Cressida has a mother equally protective.

Last edited:
:D Ha! The astrology for a marriage in the summer of 2015 is auspicious, though. ;)

It's interesting what posters decide to call out as 'delusional' or get in a snit about (large helicopters vs small, etc). I am learning about TRF. :p (Though I do hope I don't become catty and a 'street fighter' for the sake of a chat site and a handful of royals I don't know).

Frankly, most all of royalty speculation is delusional one way or another. :flowers:

Sorry, my "delusional" was not aiming at you:flowers:. It's just that IMO this relationship hasn't even started and Harry shouldn't be in a rush for a wedding just because the public and media make pressure on him, or because he is 30!. It's a very big step and as I previously said Cressida's priority (My assumption) doesn't seem marriage now...:flowers:

I kind of believe that this time, Harry and Cressida's relationship will end in marriage. After all, William and Catherine broke up for a while when they were dating and got back together again, and life seems to be just fine for them now. I don't think either of them are ready though so I doubt a wedding will take place soon. Cressida seems to be a little young, but I can imagine (but of course don't know for sure as I don't know the couple) that she has matured during the time she was apart from Harry.

After hearing the news that he and Cressida are back together, I've been thinking that perhaps Harry and Camilla Thurlow were 'just friends' and not dating.

I've also never understood the recent fuss about Chelsy - I think that she is 'long gone' now and IIRC is engaged to Charles someone (forgot his surname).

I kind of believe that this time, Harry and Cressida's relationship will end in marriage. After all, William and Catherine broke up for a while when they were dating and got back together again, and life seems to be just fine for them now.

I hear you but I think to compare the couples is apples and oranges.

Harry and Chelsea met as a working guy and a collegiate gal. They have not lived together. They were introduced as a fix up. (all this as far as we know).

Wills and Kate met as friends at college. Roomed and then lived together. Graduated and got lives and jobs. Lived together then got married.

I also think when you look at personalities, Will and Kate are dull in a good way. Harry and Cressida are not, though she likes her spotlight professionally, while he just seems to like his public role.

All of them act fairly unhappy when the paps attack their private time.

In short, though, because the Cambridges got back together and seem to be a hit, it's not reason to think that works for different kinds of people.

Sorry, my "delusional" was not aiming at you. :flowers:. It's just that IMO this relationship hasn't even started and Harry shouldn't be in a rush for a wedding just because the public and media make pressure on him, or because he is 30!. It's a very big step and as I previously said Cressida's priority (My assumption) doesn't seem marriage now...:flowers:

I agree. :flowers: It's a relationship that feels nebulous. Nothing like William and Kate's. I half suspect it's being done this way to protect Cressida.

I think we see the relationship this way - as hardly started - because they have kept it out of the limelight in a particular kind of way and on purpose for a long time. They are playing by an agreed upon set of rules for themselves that we are not privy to but which we can deduce from their actions. They give 'just enough' (sharing digs at KP - or was it BP? - for example) to let us know they are a couple but no more. They are definitely not 'official'.

I kind of believe that this time, Harry and Cressida's relationship will end in marriage. After all, William and Catherine broke up for a while when they were dating and got back together again, and life seems to be just fine for them now. I don't think either of them are ready though so I doubt a wedding will take place soon. Cressida seems to be a little young, but I can imagine (but of course don't know for sure as I don't know the couple) that she has matured during the time she was apart from Harry.

She has always come across as very ethereal, very young. Family members when interviewed have referenced that. I think there is a concern about her - probably rightly so. At 22 when she started up with Harry she was likely more adolescent still than most. If they have gotten back together - if they have - then I think it's more certain. They would not be starting from 'year one'. There must be serious conversations afoot.

Perhaps it will be like Letizia of Spain - a surprise when Harry makes his announcement.

Anyway, it strikes me as very in keeping with Harry's time of life. At recent events where the three of them appear - William, Kate and Harry - Harry is deferring to his brother (as is protocol, I would guess) and is looking more and more like a 3rd wheel. Life is moving on for William. It would not be too far afield to speculate that perhaps Harry realizes that he is ready for his own family and is identifying who is familiar and comfortable for the long haul. If Cressida didn't fit the bill, why would he re-connect with her? Wouldn't that be cruel?

We'll find out, I guess. It's all surmise at this point.

Last edited:
Harry said a couple or so years ago that he was ready to have a family etc....he said something about trying to find the right girl to take all 'this' on (media etc)

LaRae

I think that it's ben some time now (probably since William married, as he talked about it in the interview he gave on his jubilee tour) that Harry wants to settle down, marry and have children. But he hasn't found THE woman, one that he loves and is willing to marry him, with all it entails. And that probably makes him quite depressed and lowers even more his self-steem. I never thought Cressida was the one. He never seemed to be in love with her. She was a girl who was a the right place at the right time. She's part of his set and is willing to play this game (she and her family never convinced me that she doesn't like this all of fame, etc). They also seem to push things a bit. I don't know why they split back in April/May but Harry never seemed very sad about it. They might be back but it seems to me, once again, that he might be back to her not because he loves her but because he was alone (things with that Camilla probably didn't turn out as he wanted) and entered again that period when he thinks he'll never find a girl. Cressida is there, willing to have hiim back. It's the easy way for him.

Harry's got everything going for him so he'll find the right girl for him. Perhaps he should venture outside his group of friends. What's he's used to is something familiar and someone who is known (to his friends and family) and who can very easily fit in. She may be out there somewhere and looking for a person like him too. It's about getting out and exploring.

Last edited:
She's part of his set and is willing to play this game (she and her family never convinced me that she doesn't like this all of fame, etc). They also seem to push things a bit.

I don't get this sense at all about Cressida, nor about her family. Could you explain why you have this impression? A lot of people seem to have this opinion, yet I find no evidence of it. :flowers:

I don't get this sense at all about Cressida, nor about her family. Could you explain why you have this impression? A lot of people seem to have this opinion, yet I find no evidence of it. :flowers:

I think it came from all the times her family and friends were quoted in the press about the relationship. If I recall correctly, her brother was attributed more than once.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

(I could be wrong about that or it cod be press shenanigans, but that's what I think it is)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

She has known Harry for quite a number of years. She is part of the inner circle. Harry is unlikely to have the ability to find someone again as young as was Cressida when he started up with her, and from his circle (familiar and comfortable).
According to reports when they started dating a couple of years ago Eugenie introduced Cressida to Harry. Her circle and his are different, she's part of a music festival artsy bohemian set whereas Harry has his Polo playing and Eton crowd.
It's Cressida who is the vulnerable one here. They've gone so far as to live together. For Cressida she put a lot on the line.
they have not lived together - there were very public reports from Cressie's friends that she chose to get an apartment with a friend rather than move in with Harry - @ the time I doubted the spin being made by the Cressie crowd - but for whatever reason they did not move in together.
There is a story that when William and Kate got back together Carole Middleton effectively told William not to mess around. As the mother of a little girl, I can see myself being that protective of my daughter's emotional well-being when the time comes. I hope Cressida has a mother equally protective. i had to smile at this, given her mother's 4 failed marriages, not sure Mary-Gaye is the best source for marital advice..

They give 'just enough' (sharing digs at KP - or was it BP? - for example) ...
Harry has never lived in Buckingham Palace. Cressida has not lived in Kensington Palace

She wanted to be a dancer, as did Harry's mother. She has a great sense of humor, as did Harry's mother. She is 'aristocratic,' as was Harry's mother. She comes from a broken home filled with infidelity, as did Harry's mother. She and he have already had one major falling out. I just see red flags all over the place and truly hope that if they are together I am unnecessarily concerned.

She wanted to be a dancer, as did Harry's mother. She has a great sense of humor, as did Harry's mother. She is 'aristocratic,' as was Harry's mother. She comes from a broken home filled with infidelity, as did Harry's mother. She and he have already had one major falling out. I just see red flags all over the place and truly hope that if they are together I am unnecessarily concerned.

Regarding the above, I think it is a rendition of conditions that suggests a great deal of common ground. I have a sense that they share an intellectual compatibility. Cressida may be quite content and happy with Harry's intellectual parameters. Not a minor matter. There can be a great deal of comfort in so many shared experiences and values. It is the way the aristocracy has always, pretty much, chosen their partners, except for the rare outlier.

sndral, thank you for all your clarifications. All very interesting. Unfortunately because of the way you posted your comments within my text - very clever :p - your comments don't show up when I quote your post. :sad: Anyway, I will forge ahead. :flowers:

I recall reading a few times - in the DM, okay - that Harry and Cressida were sharing a few rooms at KP (if not BP). This was repeated several times in various articles. It was stressed how cramped the living arrangements were but that they seemed to be getting on well. She could still have had her own apartment, I would think. One does not cancel out the other.

As for 'circles' - I see it as the aristocratic circle. Knowing that the bias is to marry among their own aristocratic circle, I think Cressida fits the bill. For sure there might be circles-within-circles, but all embraced by the obligatory 'aristocratic' lineage.

I have to disagree about Cressida's mother not being a worthy source of advice. 'Failure', if that's what it was, can often make one more than most a source of savvy worldly wisdom. I would assume that Cressida's mother is more knowing than most about the risks and ways of royal men in romantic interludes.

BTW it occurs to me that Cressida, as you describe her, may be the fragile flower that Harry saw in his mother. Ach! Who knows. It's too far for me to go trying to divine that far, but men do tend to marry reflections of their mothers. That said, Cressida would fit the bill there, too, by your own reasoning. Though Cressida may be a bit less complicated than Diana was. :flowers:

Last edited:
I think it came from all the times her family and friends were quoted in the press about the relationship. If I recall correctly, her brother was attributed more than once.

(I could be wrong about that or it could be press shenanigans, but that's what I think it is)

I think it's both - shenanigans and a family besieged. I think Harry and Cressida make it very hard for the press, which is why the press plagues Cressida's family with purported quotes in an attempt to 'smoke' the couple out with an official admission of some kind. That is a clear speculation but I don't see any real evidence of Cressida herself or her family being 'inappropriate' with the press. If the press is persistent enough, quotes will be had one way or another. :flowers:

Last edited:
The relatives from Cressida's family who are known to have spoken to the Press are Jacobi, her half brother, who mentioned family concerns about Cress being not quite ready for the Press onslaught, and Sam Branston, the husband of her half-sister Isabella. Sam defended her on Twitter at the time of the 'tusk-licking' controversy. No others in her numerous family have been quoted in the Press.

It has been inferred that Lady Mary Gaye, Cressida's mother, a socialite, had close links of friendship with editors at 'Vanity Fair' and other publications which gave favourable Press to Cressida. That's just guess work, however. There was some shadowy business in which Cress was supposed to have hired the same public relations firm as her half-brother, and then withdrew.

Cressida has not received a good reception from Harry's fans on tumblr sites and forums, largely because she has no career to speak of, her fashion sense is regarded as eccentric and because she and her family have been seen as publicity hounds.

I don't think Jacobi did her any favours in the latter regard by talking about her (in an answer to a question) during an interview about an event he was staging.

Criticism from the public seems to be centred around her coming from an upperclass family (inverted snobbery) and her unconventional appearance. It's Harry's choice if he is back with Cressida, people.

Thank you, Curryong. Your summation is very much what I have been seeing, too. :flowers:

The relatives from Cressida's family who are known to have spoken to the Press are Jacobi, her half brother, who mentioned family concerns about Cress being not quite ready for the Press onslaught, and Sam Branston, the husband of her half-sister Isabella. Sam defended her on Twitter at the time of the 'tusk-licking' controversy. No others in her numerous family have been quoted in the Press.

Not what you would call a lot of family 'talking'. Regarding both it's what i suspected, the press interviews and slips in a question that the person answers (not thinking) and a quote is gotten but no one was 'trying to get Cressida's side out there'.

It has been inferred that Lady Mary Gaye, Cressida's mother, a socialite, had close links of friendship with editors at 'Vanity Fair' and other publications which gave favourable Press to Cressida. That's just guess work, however. There was some shadowy business in which Cress was supposed to have hired the same public relations firm as her half-brother, and then withdrew.

All smoke-and-mirrors. It cannot be easy to be in the position of 'Harry's girlfriend'. The merest move to try to provide some protection for oneself gets blown all out of proportion. I feel for these women who decide they are going to give dating Harry a go. Not an easy time.

Cressida has not received a good reception from Harry's fans on tumblr sites and forums, largely because she has no career to speak of, her fashion sense is regarded as eccentric and because she and her family have been seen as publicity hounds.

The first two objections are irrelevant imo - all too personal to be of interest to me. That's me. But the latter - why are Cressida's family seen as 'publicity hounds'? What do they do to give this impression? Frankly, it all seems like 'Kate Middleton and Family Redux'. Just a change of names.

I don't think Jacobi did her any favours in the latter regard by talking about her (in an answer to a question) during an interview about an event he was staging.

Correct, but family members have to on the alert for such slips. It can feel very casual and cozy when a journalist is talking to one. It's their job, after all, to get information. Journalists are very adept at the cozy chat.

Criticism from the public seems to be centred around her coming from an upperclass family (inverted snobbery)

So there will always be upset, no matter which way it goes.

and her unconventional appearance.

I think she looks great. Not at all playing to the crowd. Good for her! :flowers:

It's Harry's choice if he is back with Cressida, people.

Yep! She may well be just a friend with benefits as is being suggested, but by going back with her Harry is sending a more serious message. For her sake I hope Harry is not playing fast-and-loose with her. It's clear that she will need a great deal of protecting. Harry needs to step up and provide cover for her, be the man, for the duration of their relationship whatever it is, wherever it leads. JMO.

Last edited:
Prince Harry & Cressida Bonas back on! | Boston Herald
I've posted this link here because of the detail it provides regarding when and what between the two - which, if true, confirms that there is a leak somewhere. The movie and Invictus games show up were pretty public, but the party and the 'bunking at KP' were not.
Of course it could all be some journalist's vivid imagination - who knows.

Prince Harry & Cressida Bonas back on! | Boston Herald
I've posted this link here because of the detail it provides regarding when and what between the two - which, if true, confirms that there is a leak somewhere. The movie and Invictus games show up were pretty public, but the party and the 'bunking at KP' were not.
Of course it could all be some journalist's vivid imagination - who knows.
There are leaks, multiple. Ick. :ohmy:

Yep! She may well be just a friend with benefits as is being suggested, but by going back with her Harry is sending a more serious message. For her sake I hope Harry is not playing fast-and-loose with her. It's clear that she will need a great deal of protecting. Harry needs to step up and provide cover for her, be the man, for the duration of their relationship whatever it is, wherever it leads. JMO.

How do we know she isn't playing fast-and-loose with him? I also don't think it is fair to call on Harry to "be a man." First, it is extremely paternalistic and old fashioned. Second, he can't protect her. There is very little he can do. He certainly can't control the media and she shouldn't be counting on him to do so.

Harry, like the rest of the royal family, has no choice but to be in the public eye. The people who marry into the royal family are making a choice. If she can't handle the pressure, she shouldn't be involved with him. She is in her mid-twenties, which is old enough to take responsibility for her own choices.

It would be very sad if she loved him but they broke up because she couldn't handle all the pressures that go along with being involved with Harry. But both of them have to be realistic and they need to address their challenges together. Harry shouldn't have to carry the burden alone.

How do we know she isn't playing fast-and-loose with him?

True enough. :flowers: Works both ways. But somehow I don't think so. She's the real deal. She's hooked. He is, too. He knows he's got 'the one' who will give him a home and family life. It's a very happy moment.

I also don't think it is fair to call on Harry to "be a man."

Well, for Cressida's sake, I hope he has matured and is 'a man'.

First, it is extremely paternalistic and old fashioned.

Not so much imo. Love is love. Men are men. There is nothing more thrilling than that feeling of the man's protection. I am a reasonably young woman and I have it. Very special. But then, I am married to a European, so maybe that makes a difference.

Second, he can't protect her. There is very little he can do. He certainly can't control the media and she shouldn't be counting on him to do so.

Here we are going to disagree. I think he can protect her, in countless ways, and he should. I think he has already begun to do so.

Harry, like the rest of the royal family, has no choice but to be in the public eye. The people who marry into the royal family are making a choice. If she can't handle the pressure, she shouldn't be involved with him. She is in her mid-twenties, which is old enough to take responsibility for her own choices.

I suspect, given she is a young woman interested in being an actress, that she can handle the spotlight when she has the right manager. Even actors have protectors, albeit paid ones. If she doesn't have a manager, then she needs Harry's protection. If he's a decent sort, and a man in love, he'll supply it.

It would be very sad if she loved him but they broke up because she couldn't handle all the pressures that go along with being involved with Harry.

I think that's not going to happen. I think this is it. It's just a matter of how and when. I wouldn't be surprised if Prince Charles has already been consulted and the scenario is being plotted out.

But both of them have to be realistic and they need to address their challenges together. Harry shouldn't have to carry the burden alone.

If they are a couple, he is no longer alone. But more, I have a hunch Charles and Camilla are there to help, too.

BTW I think the article is a bit breathless. We are either getting some serious confirmation, with both Harry's and (perhaps) Cressida's complicity in the leaks, or there's been some little bits surmised that then a whole embroidery has been made. However, what's being shared is extremely detailed imo. Probably has some truth, and joint approval. Part of Harry protecting Cressida. JMO. :)

[...]she stayed in touch with her former real-life costar. "She and Harry were in contact the whole time," says the royal insider. Even as Harry indulged in a few flings (remember ex-Miss Edinburgh Camilla Thurlow?), "he knew where his heart lay," says the insider. "You can try to forget about someone and move on, but if the love is still there, there's nothing you can do about it." The Leeds University alum sealed the deal September 10 when she showed up at the opening ceremony of the Invictus Games, the four-day sporting event Harry planned for wounded veterans. "The fact that she was there, supporting him, got the fire burning again," says the royal insider. "They know they're both so important to each other."

Since then, the duo have traded phone chats for pillow talk. A source says she bunked at his Kensington Palace pad September 13, and three nights later they caught a screening of the comedy Sex Tape at the nearby Odeon cinema. In between laughs, they made time for state-of-the-union conversations. "Harry's aware of Cress' fears about going further down the path of their relationship," says the insider. "But he's made it clear he will provide her as normal a future as possible." Even if her preferred normal includes red carpet premieres. Says the insider, "If she wants to pursue an acting career, he fully supports that." Though the insider predicts she may soon have to schedule auditions around cake tastings: "By this time next year, they'll be planning a wedding. Seriously."

This last bolded part is very unusual, isn't it? Are we so sure the BRF would allow a working actress amongst it's members? Is this an idea being run up the flagpole to see how it fares in the breezes of public opinion?

This is the part that sounds like an over-enthusiatic journalist spinning stories. No leaks.

Last edited:
This last bolded part is very unusual, isn't it? Are we so sure the BRF would allow a working actress amongst it's members? Is this an idea being run up the flagpole to see how it fares in the breezes of public opinion?

This is the part that sounds like an over-enthusiatic journalist spinning stories. No leaks.

It may very well be a possibility that Cressida would be allowed to pursue her career (within reason of course and nothing too risque) in the first years of her marriage to Harry while he is still in the service. Sophie and Edward both tried to pursue their own careers and I believe Freddie Windsor married an actress (Sophie Winkelman?? Did I get that name right). I don't think that entertainers and actors are looked down upon as they used to be in the days past. With this in Cressida's background, it could even prove to be an asset to the family I think as far as perhaps Cressida taking on royal duties that do pertain to the entertainment world. The British Royal Family would have 2 senior royals in their midst with artistic leanings. Kate with fine art and Cressida with acting and the dance. I see it as a win-win situation.

A senior member of the royal family working as an actress????

Yeah, that's gonna happen.....

Yes, I'm afraid I can't see that happening, either. There would be all sorts of trouble stemming from that sort of high profile career, ranging from accusations of using her position to get parts even if she didn't, production companies hiring her for a bit of publicity, and film and theatrical (republican) reviewers having a go at her performance just because they can, while monarchist ones would maybe suck up.

Cressida would never know whether she got a part because of her own talent or because she was the wife of a senior and popular royal. And that's before any objections by the Royal Family. If she gives acting up before marriage, fine. Royal patronage really helps in the arts field.

This is a tricky one, and I think Cressida will have to choose as I do not think a career as an actress is really compatible with being a senior member of the royal family. I don't think there is any hurry, and they can take their time, and if that means she needs to take a few years to work the "actress bug" out of her system, so be it.

Yes, I'm afraid I can't see that happening, either. There would be all sorts of trouble stemming from that sort of high profile career, ranging from accusations of using her position to get parts even if she didn't, production companies hiring her for a bit of publicity, and film and theatrical (republican) reviewers having a go at her performance just because they can, while monarchist ones would maybe suck up.

Exactly! You're spot on! :flowers:

(I really think she only got the part in Tulip Fever because Weinstein hoped for a bit of extra publicity).
Not to mention there'd be the snide remarks from jealous rivals, the innuendos about Cressida and her leading men, etc.

If she and Harry are permanent, the career's got to go, imo.

Last edited:
I posted last April when they split that if they reconciled she is The One and they will marry...eventually.

But I don't see it happening right away.

What about this other girl he is supposed to be seeing...someone named Camilla who the tabs tell us is a "Kate lookalike"?

I have to say both the split and the reconciliation (if there is one) were a surprise to me. I've always imagined that there was a huge explosive row, followed by hurt and angry feelings for the next few months. (They certainly ignored each other at the next music festival they both attended.)

I still believe that Guy Pelly introduced Camilla Thurgood into the picture round about the time of the Pelly wedding, but it doesn't seem to have sparked into anything.

IF they are back together then Cressida is probably is indeed The One, bar any more fireworks! It's remarkable how the gossip columnists and so-called royal correspondents don't seem to know for sure what is going on. Their contacts have perhaps buttoned their lips or don't know themselves. We will all just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom