Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why, but it wouldn't surprise me if Harry had a destination wedding. As the "spare", he probably won't and the wedding will be similar to Andrew and Sarah's, but I think that's what he would like. Maybe somewhere in Africa?

I was thinking the same thing, especially in the unlikely event that he were to marry Chelsy. Left to their own devices, I think William and Catherine would have had a destination wedding in Africa.

Harry is more outgoing and at ease in crowds than William. There is a lot of affection for Harry and my sense is that the British public would not mind if his wedding were a state occasion with all the trappings. I just get the feeling that Cressida wouldn't want a large state occasion. Windsor is smaller than Westminster, but it is still pretty big. There were more than 500+ guests at Sophie and Edward's wedding (my wedding was about 100 people).

I hope whomever Harry marries gets the wedding of her dreams. If it is Cressida, I think she'll have to compromise on what she wants, unfortunately.

It would similar to what Edward and Sophie, Peter & Autumn and Mike & Zara had. No way does he get the Westminster Abbey treatment like his brother because he isn't a direct heir to the throne.

Andrew had Westminster as second son. Why shouldn't Harry if wants it?

Plenty of ordinary people manage to get married at the Abbey, so there's no reason why Harry couldn't (or Beatrice and Eugenie, for that matter).

It probably wouldn't be a public holiday, though.

I'd like for Harry to have an Abbey wedding. If Prince George and his siblings follow the current trends, we won't have another heir's wedding for 30 years. I'll be in my 80s by then, assuming I'm still living. :flowers:

I'd like for Harry to have an Abbey wedding. If Prince George and his siblings follow the current trends, we won't have another heir's wedding for 30 years. I'll be in my 80s by then, assuming I'm still living. :flowers:

I get your point about the heirs - but I do think the Yorks will give us decades of things to discuss when Beat and Eugenie tie their knots.

I recall seeing them at one wedding where the bride or groom were friends of hers from her Buckleberry pre William days and that's it. Even George's godparents were all from his circle. It's a bit odd I always think.

The estimated security cost for William's is 33 million dollars. That's why I think Harry's wedding would be smaller like Peter's and Zara's.

The estimated security cost for William's is 33 million dollars. That's why I think Harry's wedding would be smaller like Peter's and Zara's.
That is one issue and another is whether the wedding would be a national holiday, where the government and banks are closed. Harry is very popular in Great Britain, so although there would be detractors, I am not sure that most people will mind. Most people didn't mind the cost of William's wedding.

I think it will depend on the state of the economy and whether his bride is popular.

I recall seeing them at one wedding where the bride or groom were friends of hers from her Buckleberry pre William days and that's it. Even George's godparents were all from his circle. It's a bit odd I always think.

I thought that Emilia Jardine-Paterson was a school with Catherine

After being together c.13-14 years I think talking about "his" circle isn't accurate - by now its their circle of friends.

Emilia went to Marlborough with Kate but she also knew William.

I thought that Emilia Jardine-Paterson was a school with Catherine

After being together c.13-14 years I think talking about "his" circle isn't accurate - by now its their circle of friends.

Yeah but they have been his friends since childhood, what about her childhood friends?Just a thought.

I was thinking the same thing, especially in the unlikely event that he were to marry Chelsy. Left to their own devices, I think William and Catherine would have had a destination wedding in Africa.

Harry is more outgoing and at ease in crowds than William. There is a lot of affection for Harry and my sense is that the British public would not mind if his wedding were a state occasion with all the trappings. I just get the feeling that Cressida wouldn't want a large state occasion. Windsor is smaller than Westminster, but it is still pretty big. There were more than 500+ guests at Sophie and Edward's wedding (my wedding was about 100 people).

I hope whomever Harry marries gets the wedding of her dreams. If it is Cressida, I think she'll have to compromise on what she wants, unfortunately.
I've read that the Cambridges wanted a smaller wedding at St. George's Chapel, but were informed by HM and the PM that they would be marrying at the Abbey.

:previous: They may have had a little "wouldn't it be nice" moment, but there is no way on Gods green earth that William didn't know exactly what was expected of him and, since they'd been together over 10 years, I rather think the same goes for Catherine.

But isn't this thread supposed to be about Harry and his eventual lady?

That is one issue and another is whether the wedding would be a national holiday, where the government and banks are closed. Harry is very popular in Great Britain, so although there would be detractors, I am not sure that most people will mind. Most people didn't mind the cost of William's wedding.

I think it will depend on the state of the economy and whether his bride is popular.

That is why I think a Royal Wedding next year (IF there is an engagement at the end of this year) woud be tricky because the debate of the costs etc. could become part (albeit a small part) of the general elections.
This could be a point to consider for the pair and the Royal Family because of its potential backlash.

I've read that the Cambridges wanted a smaller wedding at St. George's Chapel, but were informed by HM and the PM that they would be marrying at the Abbey.

I read that somewhere as I well. I think William wanted his wedding to be small and private, but deep down he knew being who he was that was never going to happen. Andrew and Fergie wanted the big shebang in Westminster, whereas Edward got lucky and got what he wanted - small, family affair. Sometimes it does suck to be the heir!

I think Harry's wedding will reflect Edward's wedding mainly because I think Harry would want a smaller affair, just like his brother wanted but couldn't have. I also prefer St George's Chapel to Westminster Abbey. I was at St George's Chapel visiting it and I was in awe of the architecture, though I was surprised by how much smaller it looks in real life! It definitely felt more personal than Westminster, which is so big and vast.

The DM has been speculating about an imminent engagement for awhile now. It's the DM. If and when an engagement is announced, it won't come from them.

The DM has been speculating about an imminent engagement for awhile now. It's the DM. If and when an engagement is announced, it won't come from them.

you, know I realise that - having followed the royals for a while. However, it is interesting that they are leading on this story. That is why I posted it.

I try not to read much into 'engagement' speculation, then again, it was Royal Commentator Robert Jobson that broke the news that Charles & Camilla were to wed in 2005 in the London's Evening Standard. You just never know until something is officially announced.

I try not to read much into 'engagement' speculation, then again, it was Royal Commentator Robert Jobson that broke the news that Charles & Camilla were to wed in 2005 in the London's Evening Standard. You just never know until something is officially announced.

that's v true. Generally, there is at least a smidge of something worthwhile in the stories. What I'd love to know is background to getting the story - that's far more interesting!

Well any family is going to discuss it amongst themselves when a member talks about getting married even if it's not a prince. So I am sure they have or will have discussions but a summit...that's a bit over the top.

LaRae

I don't know how much truth there is in the current speculation, but the photos definitely speak of a romantic relationship. While Harry has been totally public about wanting to be a father it has been the other half of the equation that has been lacking.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/03/article-2596498-1C26FEDE00000578-606_634x387.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/03/article-2596498-1C266A8B00000578-816_634x375.jpg

Perhaps they are madly in love and perhaps they will announce their engagement sooner rather than later. Only time, or a ring, will tell.

Harry and Cressie are gettin' hitched?????

Great, where's my popcorn! :p

:previous: You're right Gracie, it is all theatre and one that we all enjoy. Pass the popcorn.

I don't think they're getting engaged this year. She's super young still and it's not as if he has a biological clock ticking. They should enjoy just being together before the whole married life starts.

I don't think they're getting engaged this year. She's super young still and it's not as if he has a biological clock ticking. They should enjoy just being together before the whole married life starts.

She is 25, not 18.
I really don't see the point of dating for a decade or so. I think after several years, anyone would want to move on to the next level.

25 is young to get married and they haven't even been dating for two years yet. Let the girl get eased into it if she wants to stay.

I don't think she is too young, I think the main issue would be, is she ready for the royal life.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom