Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Numbers can be limited. Limited by size of church, reception venue and cost. And maybe they just wanted people they know.

And maybe it would be a really bad idea because the media (judging by the "leak" quotient re Cressida) would have been all over it instead of a couple having a wedding for themselves.

Not everything revolves around the royals - the couple getting married are the priority and I'm really glad she wasnt there.

Trust me, William & Catherine and Harry's friends love the attention the royals bring to their society weddings. The royals have been bringing the media with them at these weddings for a very, very long time and it's not going to stop any time soon.

Harry & Cressida are playing the same game William & Catherine played in their early courtship.

How do you know these couples like the attention at their private weddings? Not everyone is the Kardashians and want their wedding invaded by strangers with cameras.

How do you know these couples like the attention at their private weddings? Not everyone is the Kardashians and want their wedding invaded by strangers with cameras.

Personally, I would think that if any of their friends really craved the attention, they would have talked to the media long before their wedding day. Also, in the article, there were no pictures of the bride and the groom, just the one shot of Wills, Kate and Harry.

Personally, I would think that if any of their friends really craved the attention, they would have talked to the media long before their wedding day. Also, in the article, there were no pictures of the bride and the groom, just the one shot of Wills, Kate and Harry.

The DailyMail article has 3 shots of the bride, groom and father.

I don't think royal friends love the attention, I think they understand it comes with inviting them to a wedding and the press understand where they're going.

Trust me, William & Catherine and Harry's friends love the attention the royals bring to their society weddings. The royals have been bringing the media with them at these weddings for a very, very long time and it's not going to stop any time soon.

Harry & Cressida are playing the same game William & Catherine played in their early courtship.

I think William and Harry have been very careful in their choice of friends. There are a couple of exceptions, but I've seen very few who love media attention. The few who have courted the media don't do it very often. As far as Catherine is concerned, I can't think of any of her female friends who have sought the limelight.

Perhaps Cressida was invited but either couldn't go or didn't want to create a media firestorm. If Harry and Cressida are serious, I hope they follow William and Catherine's example and go at their own pace, rather than let the media set it for them.

I really do think their friends like that their weddings get a great deal of attention when they're famous friends attend. I'm not talking about that they all like the spotlight but that they're society weddings get noticed.

Will and Kate's pace was entirely too long...even Prince Charles made a comment that indicated as much.

LaRae

Will and Kate's pace was entirely too long...even Prince Charles made a comment that indicated as much.

LaRae

May have been too long but that's what they needed to do for themselves. They also make fun of their long courtship.

We have to remember Harry & Cressida is just starting out, so there's no telling how long their courtship will be or even if it will last long anyway. Had Harry & Chelsy were still dating, I think a wedding would've been right around the corner.

I really do think their friends like that their weddings get a great deal of attention when they're famous friends attend. I'm not talking about that they all like the spotlight but that they're society weddings get noticed.

I agree to a point. I think William and Harry's friends understand there will be heightened interest whenever members of the royal family arrive. They are also human and having a member of the royal family attend a wedding is a status symbol.

But that doesn't mean they are craving international coverage of their wedding. Most people would be happy with nice coverage of their wedding, but few people would want the pressure of having their wedding overrun by photographers and reporters, especially if they are not snapping pictures of the bride and groom. Their friends are very well aware that the media is very intrusive and can disrupt special occasions.

We'll never know if Cressida was invited but I can only imagine how the media would have reacted had she attended. It would not have been pretty.

We'll never know if Cressida was invited but I can only imagine how the media would have reacted had she attended. It would not have been pretty.

She's gone to other weddings when Harry has been present, Melissa Percy's for one. I don't see why this one is different.

She's gone to other weddings when Harry has been present, Melissa Percy's for one. I don't see why this one is different.
I'm sorry I wasn't clear, I was referring to attending as Harry's 'plus one.' I don't think they have ever attended a wedding together.

I dont agree - they do not love or crave the attention - but they accept it could happen. Generally there is only 1, poss 2 photographers at the events that sell pictures to the national press.

Also, many of the Cambridges friend or their families are well known in the UK. Sam Whaley-Cohen is a known jockey' Richard Meade a well known and successful showjumper and the daughter of the Duke of Northumberland is always going to have her wedding photographed. And that is nothing to do with the Royals.

William, Kate and Harry attend wedding near Bristol | Bristol Post
According to this article Princess Beatrice attended as well, yet we haven't seen any photos of her, so who knows if Cressida was there and arrived w/ Beatrice. Not saying she was, but it's possible. We have seen photos of Olivia Hunt and Jecca Craig at this wedding as well as the unnamed lady wearing Catherine's coat. I'm guessing if Cressida was there we'd have read about it, but who knows.
Although William and Catherine attended many weddings they always arrived separately until Harry Meade's, when they strolled in together - @ that pt. they were already secretly engaged.

Last edited:
I dont agree - they do not love or crave the attention - but they accept it could happen. Generally there is only 1, poss 2 photographers at the events that sell pictures to the national press.

Also, many of the Cambridges friend or their families are well known in the UK. Sam Whaley-Cohen is a known jockey' Richard Meade a well known and successful showjumper and the daughter of the Duke of Northumberland is always going to have her wedding photographed. And that is nothing to do with the Royals.

Yeah, I know about the well known aristocratic families but I'm just saying that I think they like and accept some of the attention that their high society weddings bring and the royals attendance is a major bonus.

I know whenever I get married, I want the world to know and if it gets into the local papers then that's fine too.

I would imagine that the cachet, of being able to tell your grandchildren that the future King and Queen attended your wedding, is not unpleasant to a bride and groom. And I think that it is very tactful of Catherine to usually wear an 'old' outfit. Although it's impossible to really detract attention from a bride in her finery, it's obvious that a new and/or flashy ensemble would be noted and remarked about. The blue coat has been deemed somewhat dull and uninteresting on this board- what if she had worn a brightly-colored dress and large feathered hat?

There is no indication that any of their friends enjoy or crave attention for their weddings; it doesn't bring TDK anything. It would still be a high society wedding even if their were no pictures in magazines. As someone else stated if they wanted attention they would court the media. All they did was invite their friends to their wedding. Friends who happen to be very famous; I believe the married couples see it as just something that comes with the territory of being friends with them.

Yeah, I know about the well known aristocratic families but I'm just saying that I think they like and accept some of the attention that their high society weddings bring and the royals attendance is a major bonus.

I know whenever I get married, I want the world to know and if it gets into the local papers then that's fine too.

I think projecting what you want onto William and Catherine's friends is unfair.

I think they quietly accept that the press might turn and privately hope that they dont.

I think projecting what you want onto William and Catherine's friends is unfair.

I think they quietly accept that the press might turn and privately hope that they dont.
I believe you have the right of it. Prince William may be a future King but at the moment he is just the Duke of Cambridge and his wife the Duchess. I don't believe anyone is planning their wedding invitations for the long term cachet.

They are just inviting their friends and in this case 90% of the media missed the names on the guest list which is why they missed Princess Beatrice. The information passed by word of mouth and a lot of IPhone pic.

William, Kate and Harry attend wedding near Bristol | Bristol Post
According to this article Princess Beatrice attended as well, yet we haven't seen any photos of her, so who knows if Cressida was there and arrived w/ Beatrice.

I think if Cressida had been there, the press would go into a feeding frenzy!
They'd make sure they got photos if they had to parachute in.

As for missing Beatrice, I don't think they are that concerned about her if they can get shots of the Cambridges and Harry. If the Big Three hadn't attended, photos of Beatrice would be plastered all over the DM. :lol:

Everyone's tolerance of publicity is different. Some people love the cameras while others, like Chelsy and Cressida, would prefer to live their lives in private--even if that means the media doesn't show up for their wedding.

This has gotten me thinking about what type of wedding Harry would have if he did marry Cressida. I think it is safe to assume Catherine and William's wedding was bigger than they would have wanted, but he is the heir to the heir. I know Harry is an extravert, but he would want Cressida (or whoever) to be comfortable.

The other issue is the cost. The Middleton's made a substantial donation to the cost of Catherine's wedding. I know Cressida's family is wealthy but, if Harry marries someone who is not really rich, the royal family may want to cut back on some of the "frills."

I think his wedding would probably take place at Windsor.

It would similar to what Edward and Sophie, Peter & Autumn and Mike & Zara had. No way does he get the Westminster Abbey treatment like his brother because he isn't a direct heir to the throne.

Andrew and Fergie had a big Westminster Abbey wedding and Andrew wasn't the direct heir. Edward and Sophie requested Windsor for their wedding. I think it could go either way.

Everyone's tolerance of publicity is different. Some people love the cameras while others, like Chelsy and Cressida, would prefer to live their lives in private--even if that means the media doesn't show up for their wedding.

This has gotten me thinking about what type of wedding Harry would have if he did marry Cressida. I think it is safe to assume Catherine and William's wedding was bigger than they would have wanted, but he is the heir to the heir. I know Harry is an extravert, but he would want Cressida (or whoever) to be comfortable.

The other issue is the cost. The Middleton's made a substantial donation to the cost of Catherine's wedding. I know Cressida's family is wealthy but, if Harry marries someone who is not really rich, the royal family may want to cut back on some of the "frills."

I'm not sure about that - they are very well connected, but in very large families, money gets spread v thinly and almost never to the females.

It would similar to what Edward and Sophie, Peter & Autumn and Mike & Zara had. No way does he get the Westminster Abbey treatment like his brother because he isn't a direct heir to the throne.

Whilst I don't think Henry would want a Westminster Abbey wedding, I expect he is allowed to have one should he wish. Westminster isn't reserved for direct heirs you know.

I don't know why, but it wouldn't surprise me if Harry had a destination wedding. As the "spare", he probably won't and the wedding will be similar to Andrew and Sarah's, but I think that's what he would like. Maybe somewhere in Africa?

Andrew and Fergie had a big Westminster Abbey wedding and Andrew wasn't the direct heir. Edward and Sophie requested Windsor for their wedding. I think it could go either way.
So did Princess Anne , Princess Margaret and Princess Alexandra. I would not be surprised if Harry married there as well.

Whilst I don't think Henry would want a Westminster Abbey wedding, I expect he is allowed to have one should he wish. Westminster isn't reserved for direct heirs you know.

Yes, that is true. As a son and a brother of two future Kings (and still number 4 in line of succession) I think he is allowed to have his wedding at Westminster Abbey. I think there would be a lot of interest in Harry (and Cressida's) wedding and I think Windsor would be too small for that.
Prince Harry's wedding will be the last 'big' Royal Wedding of his generation in the British Royal Family and I think it would come as quite a dissapointment to many people if Harry's wedding would be 'small'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom