Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Harry has a thing for women who dress themselves in the dark.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But it is a late wedding and a number of guests are wearing long dresses. But there is one women wearing lilac that should never have left the house!

Why do we have to be insulting? Regardless of what we think is saying something insulting about someone necessary?
Obviously? It's a forum and it's more of an observation than an insult. Most of the people in their circle dress horrible.

And yes cepe, the woman in the purple is the worst.

Since that is such a wealthy circle, maybe we are all wrong.

Last edited:
I must say that it was nice to see Chelsy again. She looked beautiful and we haven't seen her in a while. I wonder if she's still living in London?

Last edited:
I must say that it was nice to see Chelsy again. She looked beautiful and we haven't seen her in a while. I wonder if she's still living in London?

She'd gone to Istanbul; I don't know whether she is back permanently or if she just returned for Melissa's wedding.

An observation only - I wouldn't have expected a man who dated Chelsy to also date Cressida. They seem to be at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

An observation only - I wouldn't have expected a man who dated Chelsy to also date Cressida. They seem to be at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

In what way. I don't see much of a difference.

physically different - curvy vs waif. Legal training Vs dance student. Strong minded vs "dippy" (as described by a friend!)

physically different - curvy vs waif. Legal training Vs dance student. Strong minded vs "dippy" (as described by a friend!)

Physical differences aside, some of the differences could be him trying to approach some of the issues with being a future HRH.

Chelsy's a strong minded, career-oriented woman. She doesn't seem the type to want to be a society wife, or to give up her career in order to be a princess.

Cressida doesn't seem as career oriented or as independent. I'm not sure that being dippy is a good quality in a future HRH, but this could be Harry's way to try to find a partner who's personality is more suitable to his life.

I think that Cressida is more like his mother.

And, of course, the BRF needs another one of those {like a hole in the head}

I do agree with you here, but I wouldn't necessarily say that's a bad thing. In many ways Diana was the perfect bride for an HRH - it's why she was chosen. However she had a lot of problems, and her marriage had a lot of problems, ultimately ending in... Yeah.

If Cressida is like Diana in some ways, but doesn't have some of the more unstable elements of Diana's personality, and has a stronger relationship with Harry than C/D had I can't see why this couldn't work. Granted, I don't know that much about Cressida so I can't say if she fits that bill or not.

I do agree with you here, but I wouldn't necessarily say that's a bad thing. In many ways Diana was the perfect bride for an HRH - it's why she was chosen. However she had a lot of problems, and her marriage had a lot of problems, ultimately ending in... Yeah.

If Cressida is like Diana in some ways, but doesn't have some of the more unstable elements of Diana's personality, and has a stronger relationship with Harry than C/D had I can't see why this couldn't work. Granted, I don't know that much about Cressida so I can't say if she fits that bill or not.
The problem is, Ish, that she married a person and a job. She was a hit with one and not the other - and her personality could not deal with that.

People that do well in the role realize they have a job and a relationship and that those are two very different things. They have to be dealt with on separate terms.

Can Cressida do that? Heck, can Harry do that? I don't think we know that yet.

Cressida is a very beautiful woman who is smart enough to dress very ladylike and not draw attention to herself.

The problem is, Ish, that she married a person and a job. She was a hit with one and not the other - and her personality could not deal with that.

People that do well in the role realize they have a job and a relationship and that those are two very different things. They have to be dealt with on separate terms.

Can Cressida do that? Heck, can Harry do that? I don't think we know that yet.

I'm going to try to approach this without getting too specific into Diana, because I don't want to end up off topic.

I agree, women marrying into the BRF (or really any RF) have to realize that they're marrying both a job and a man. Essentially they have to be right for the job while also be able to get along with and (hopefully) be a good friend to the man. In the 21st century we're also seeing more of an emphasis placed on love matches (previously while some royals did love who they married that was more of an added bonus).

One of the things that the BRF has proven is that it is really great at finding prospective brides who would be good for the job. Queen Alexandra, Queen Mary, the Queen Mother, and Diana were all great at the job. They've also been really good about finding prospective brides who understand the demands of their position and the role of their relationship. The best example, in my opinion, is Alexandra, who was essentially a good friend to her Bertie and willing to accept his flaws and mistresses to a remarkable degree. Most of the individuals who didn't marry into the family with love, like Alexandra, knew what they were getting into and were accepting of that. The flaw in the Charles/Diana relationship was that she didn't seem to know what she was getting into in the first place, and when she figured it out she wasn't accepting of it (not really faulting her there though). In the end, when put into a situation similar to what many royal wives had dealt with before her, Diana couldn't handle it no matter how good she was at the job.

What's this mean for Harry? I do think he's able to handle the basic job. Maybe not with all the grace of his mother or grandmother, but it's something he's been raised to do and I think do he can do it. I also think he knows, perhaps better than his father once did, the importance of stressing both the relationship and the job to any perspective bride. We've seen that more with Sophie, Catherine, and Camilla, and I think we can expect to see it with the future Princess Harry.

I do think that's why his relationship with Chelsy didn't work - not because they weren't in love but because she wasn't right for the job. I don't know if he and Cressida have much of a future, because I don't know if they have that relationship yet or if she's right for the job. I suspect that Harry's trying to figure out both right now himself.

I'm going to try to approach this without getting too specific into Diana, because I don't want to end up off topic. I suspect that Harry's trying to figure out both right now himself.

I agree completely and about the off topic too - but just wanted to say I almost pulled out Alexandra as a great example, but held back. Anyway - well stated. :flowers:

Looks like the wedding party were together prior to the wedding day. This probably means that Henry and Chelsy were together prior to the wedding. I wish I was a fly on the wall...:D

Alnwick hosts princes for family wedding - YouTube

Still, it does look like Cressida is indeed in the picture. I do wish we had confirmation that she was Henry's guest rather than the bride or groom's.

If Chelsy leaves London again, I think this game is up for me.:ermm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B1MxHVM0sw

I wonder if Henry will be googling the wedding reports? He could have a good look at this...Hehehe!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...iety-wedding-revealing-bridesmaids-dress.html

Last edited:
Chelsy's a strong minded, career-oriented woman. She doesn't seem the type to want to be a society wife, or to give up her career in order to be a princess.

I have my doubts that she takes her career very seriously.
Chelsy is always flying off here or there, and spends a lot of time at society events.
I think a society wife is exactly what she intends to be.

I try not to talk about Cressida because I don't know much about her. I know the media have tried to sum her up for they're readers but there's obviously more to her that Harry knows.

I guess at some point Harry will let everyone know what's going on. Or he will be seen with someone else. I think he should be given the time and space to do what he want. The media is taking it upon themselves to look for his future bride.

I just like seeing Chelsy again. From the pictures, she seems like a nice girl and good friend to Harry and the rest of the young royals.

Once Harry has found the person that loves him and accept the life that comes with being with him, he will be alright. I think it's just up to the media and royal watchers to relax and give the young lady a chance.

Samething I used to stress about Catherine.

Last edited:
:previous:
I think this is well said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cressida, or whoever marries Harry, should thoroughly study the life and work of the late Duchess of Gloucester and see as much footage of her. In my opinion she is the most perfect role model for the wife of a spare, an also an example for how active and supportive those women can be, yet maintaining a completely low profile, never taking away attention from the "star" couple..

I try not to talk about Cressida because I don't know much about her...
I have to agree with you too.:flowers:

I just need to make an observation. I have, as your average royal stalker, been looking at the various images from all sorts of suppliers as well as limited footage of this wedding event.

I find that Henry has taken care NOT to be photographed with either Chelsy or Cressida. I find that William was happy to be photographed with Chelsy but was not photographed with Cressida.

If Cressida has any issues or indeed is bothered by any of the media coverage of Chelsy with all the Chelsy/Henry relationship supporters, Henry could have very subtly put that to rest by being photographed with or near Cressida. But no...NADA!

I know that this does not mean much but it means something. These boys know what being photographed with someone means and they have moved accordingly IMO. Henry chose not to be near either sending a NOTHING message which allows us to continue as we were. William on the other hand, places himself next to Chelsy whilst the cameras are going when the bride and groom leave the church. He is joking with her she laughs back and she looks like she couldn't care less. He could have stood elsewhere and joked with her before or later when the paps weren't around.

They could have put a stop to the Chelsy and Henry discussion and did not do so. Could be play or it could be that the story is not over.

Cressida sticks to the Henry's cousins as Chelsy did when she was going out with Henry, so I think she makes a statement but he does not make one back.

It's all left open again unless Chelsy makes a move to leave. The way I see all this, from images (my profession), it is her move that decides the future.

And that's my rant for the day.:cool:

I'm sorry but your analysis could simple come down to the fact that Chelsy was Maid of Honour and William and Henry were ushers both big parts of the wedding party and more than likely going to be photographed on the way in and out of the church. Where they chose to stand (near Chelsy or not) I imagine had little thought other than "where can I fit in?" Henry wouldn't have posed for photographs with Cressida, that's not their style and there was no opportunity to be photographed elsewhere. Cressida would have gone straight into the church and took her seat and left when the service was over.

Chelsy is currently working? in Istanbul, if that's not leaving I don't know what is.

Lumutqueen, you may be right or not but Chelsy going back to Istanbul does the trick for me. It's over if she does so.

Yeah I don't think it means anything about William being photographed with Chelsey...they were part of the wedding party it would be weird if they weren't photographed together.

I don't think it means anything about Harry not being photographed with either....I wouldn't of expected it. He's not part of the party...he's not with Chelsey and if he is with Cressidia he's not going to put the focus at someone elses wedding onto himself (he knows the media would go nuts)...they are not officially a couple (yet) if they are dating. William and Kate used to do the same thing IIRC.

LaRae

I just think if they are a couple, lets give them time and space and, at some point, they'll let everyone know where things stand.

In meantime, I think the media should get off their backs because I already see them really gearing up to assassinate her character and that will do nothing but turn readers and even royal watchers against her.

I agree with what you've said about Harry and the lack of pictures, I think he is kind of playing it safe by not having any pictures taken with either of the girls. If he takes a picture with Chelsy it is going to fuel the belief that they might end up together after all, and if he takes a picture with Cressida it confirms the relationship, which British royals don't really do prior to the engagement.

I think you might be reading into the pictures of William and Chelsy too much though. That they're smiling together and what not just means that they're still able to be friends (or are good actors, which I doubt anyone would say of William). Them being photographed together in general just makes sense as they're both in the bridal party in similar positions - she's the maid of honour, he's the best man (or one of them).

I think Harry and Chelsy are a thing of the past, while Harry and Cressida are a thing of the present. It's to be seen whether or not Cressida is in Harry's future, or if he'll end up with someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom