Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm....well not quite sure how they are going to manage dating while living that far apart....

LaRae

As I said in the other thread- this is so poisonous the writer didn't even want a byline and wrote under "Daily Mail Reporter."

It was a very heavily biased story

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

LOL I know...there are very few people who can pull off boho and look good..she is not one of them.

IMO Prince Harry's ex Cressida Bonas makes Vanity Fair's International Best-Dressed List debut | Mail Online

I think she used him. And that's so unfortunate. She'll discover getting famous by dating someone won't give you a lasting career. It gives you maybe 15 minutes.

Like this quote: "Its not the clothes that have style, it's the person." Exactly so.
Also: "You can have style without fashion, but you can't have fashion without style, basically."

I don't think she used him. I think she was genuine. When he dumped her unceremoniously, in what looks like a very callous way, my sympathies are with her. Let's face it, any woman who dates a British prince is set up automatically to get a mauling (plus her family). I think Cressida's experience should be a cautionary tale for any young woman: don't get involved with such a man. Not worth the destruction of one's character - I mean the public pillorying. No one 'deserves' that kind of 'roughing up'.

Cressida has it. You can see it. The camera adores her. She has the innate charisma to be a top-shelf model, if nothing else. Good for her! I wish her all the luck. She may have been handed a chip to start the betting, but she has it to go the distance if she wants. She'd be a fool not to use the chip. Harry handed her a lemon - she's making lemonade. :flowers:

P.S. I agree with Vanity Fair. She's a trend-setter. She's got style.

Last edited:
I don't think she used him. I think she was genuine. When he dumped her unceremoniously, in what looks like a very callous way, my sympathies are with her. Let's face it, any woman who dates a British prince is set up automatically to get a mauling (plus her family). I think Cressida's experience should be a cautionary tale for any young woman: don't get involved with such a man. Not worth the destruction of one's character - I mean the public pillorying. No one 'deserves' that kind of 'roughing up'.....

My impression was that Harry was the one who was dumped.

Yea, I'm not sure if this is right or not- but I get the impression she chose her career over being with him and that her side leaked a lot of info to the press.

Could be totally wrong but that's how it looked. I'm not judging her for it- I think she made the decisions she needed to make for her own happiness. But I don't think she was dumped.

I notice that in this thread it is about who "dumped" who. This is pretty irrelevant anyway. We can also say that two adult and conscious persons have decided to end their relationship.

Yea, I'm not sure if this is right or not- but I get the impression she chose her career over being with him and that her side leaked a lot of info to the press.

Could be totally wrong but that's how it looked. I'm not judging her for it- I think she made the decisions she needed to make for her own happiness. But I don't think she was dumped.

Interesting. I thought it was pretty well accepted that Harry had done the dumping. Cressida objected to something and he said, in effect, too bad and off he went. She was photographed looking distressed after the break-up. Harry? Not so much, looked like.

To me the whole break-up was strange. She had just started to attend functions with him. Engagement rumors were in the air. A wedding this summer. They had handled their entire relationship very discreetly, out of the limelight for the most part. No pictures of them canoodling, for example. There were times I thought it was a bogus relationship, like a pretense to give Harry space. That it was the real-deal took me unawares, not that i follow them that much, though.

To have a spat that then is really a break-up, what is that? Something has to have happened that Cressida could not accept. I think Harry's friends were involved, maybe taking a side that wound up being unfortunate for the relationship. Does Harry know his own mind? Is he easily influenced?

Anyway, I think Cressida is going on to bigger and better things. Definitely she will have a far freer and more private existence than if she was a British Princess. In fact, when one considers the box someone has to agree to when marrying into the BRF, and looking at Cressida's floppy-moppy-cottontail informality, I think she would have miserable with the constraints and the expectations. She did the right thing if she dumped him. If he dumped her, she's well rid of the cad. JMO. :flowers:

Last edited:
Just speculation but I've always the impression that it wasn't a serious relationship (at least from harry's side).... just friends with benefits... Anyway, it's their business and now they're over

Loneliness of Prince Harry as he's about to turn 30 | Mail Online

I'm sure he must be lonely at times, as for the rest, only Harry knows!

As I said in the other thread- this is so poisonous the writer didn't even want a byline and wrote under "Daily Mail Reporter."

It was a very heavily biased story

He/She didn't have to sign it - it was obviously written by Team Cressie.

Cressie is on an International Best Dressed List? Who were the judges, Stevie Wonder and Helen Keller? :eek:

P.S. no offense to Stevie and Helen - two great people

:previous: The judges were employed by Vanity Fair . . . nuff said! :whistling:

Cressida is a pretty girl, but I can't imagine anyone thinking she dresses well.
The judges can't have seen those overalls!

Someone clarifies this to me, please. Is Cressida really in the best dressed list? The DM headline makes you think so but when you read the text, that's not so explicit. What I understood is that she's in a video by Mario Testino (probably sponsored by Burberry since she's wearing head to toe, which is not really her style) with some of the best dressed people in London, according to Testino. Does that mean she's in the best dresses list by VF?
Visiting the VF website, she's not in the 59 selected to the best dressed list. She was in the initial 245 people proposed by VF but it seems she didn't make the final list. Am I getting it wrong?

I don't really know either but she was selected to model for Testino in the editorial. But I can't imagine VF choosing her for their list. She doesn't have enough profile or fashion cred. Besides, she dresses like sh.t. I have yet to hear of someone who is impressed by what she puts on.

I think one reason that Cressida does stand out is because she dresses according to Cressida and not following designers or what everyone else is wearing and this is what makes her stand out. In this respect, I think she's somewhat similar to Charles who has often been cited for his impeccable taste and style which is uniquely his own even with fashions that are quite outdated and 40 year old shoes to boot.

These folks know what they like and aren't afraid to wear them.

I think one reason that Cressida does stand out is because she dresses according to Cressida and not following designers or what everyone else is wearing and this is what makes her stand out. In this respect, I think she's somewhat similar to Charles who has often been cited for his impeccable taste and style which is uniquely his own even with fashions that are quite outdated and 40 year old shoes to boot.

These folks know what they like and aren't afraid to wear them.

Exactly so. It's one reason she would never have survived being a British royal princess. She's too freewheeling. Too much going her own way, on her terms. I think she's great! :flowers:

Interesting. I thought it was pretty well accepted that Harry had done the dumping. Cressida objected to something and he said, in effect, too bad and off he went. She was photographed looking distressed after the break-up. Harry? Not so much, looked like.

To me the whole break-up was strange. She had just started to attend functions with him. Engagement rumors were in the air. A wedding this summer. They had handled their entire relationship very discreetly, out of the limelight for the most part. No pictures of them canoodling, for example. There were times I thought it was a bogus relationship, like a pretense to give Harry space. That it was the real-deal took me unawares, not that i follow them that much, though.

To have a spat that then is really a break-up, what is that? Something has to have happened that Cressida could not accept. I think Harry's friends were involved, maybe taking a side that wound up being unfortunate for the relationship. Does Harry know his own mind? Is he easily influenced?

Anyway, I think Cressida is going on to bigger and better things. Definitely she will have a far freer and more private existence than if she was a British Princess. In fact, when one considers the box someone has to agree to when marrying into the BRF, and looking at Cressida's floppy-moppy-cottontail informality, I think she would have miserable with the constraints and the expectations. She did the right thing if she dumped him. If he dumped her, she's well rid of the cad. JMO. :flowers:

I think it was clear how much she used him , and then her brothers interview saying cressida was very upset over the attention when all evidence pointed to the contrary ....I too feel he did the dumping and it was about time.
I wish her the best in her endeavors tho. :p

I think it was clear how much she used him , and then her brothers interview saying cressida was very upset over the attention when all evidence pointed to the contrary ....I too feel he did the dumping and it was about time.

I wish her the best in her endeavors tho. :p

I'm non-plussed. I never saw that at all. :sad:

If Harry 'dumped her' as you say, he's a cad. My opinion of Harry, which was pretty benign up to that point, takes a nose dive if he in fact did dump Cressida. I don't think he did, quite exactly. It wasn't a normal 'dump' if he did. I do think that it is essential that the public think that Harry was the one who did the dumping. It would not look good for Harry to have been dumped by two serious girlfriends in a row. JMO. :flowers:

I think he broke it off or it was a mutual break up where they both sat down and figured out they didn't have a lot in common etc and split up . But I feel she was very odd in public when they were seen together not even william with all his paranoia about the press ever looked that way when caught with kate by papzz , harrys relationship with chelsy was open and relaxed , this relationship was odd imo it showed a different side of him , a very protective neurotic side ,for a year people werent sure if they were really dating or not . The whole relationship was weird , and now she's doing photo shoots etc with her 15 mins thanks to harry , I think it would have been a disaster if they continued , she likes the attention and prefers a career in the spotlight as a model whereas harry would prefer his partner be more discrete .

I think he broke it off or it was a mutual break up where they both sat down and figured out they didn't have a lot in common etc and split up.

But while I agree there was a mutuality to the break-up, as in a spat, I do think it happened abruptly. There is something odd about the break-up itself.

But I feel she was very odd in public when they were seen together not even william with all his paranoia about the press ever looked that way when caught with kate by papzz , harrys relationship with chelsy was open and relaxed , this relationship was odd imo it showed a different side of him , a very protective neurotic side ,for a year people werent sure if they were really dating or not . The whole relationship was weird

I agree. It was. Like at a music festival once - never did we see them even side-by-side or holding hands. That's a relationship?

and now she's doing photo shoots etc with her 15 mins thanks to harry , I think it would have been a disaster if they continued , she likes the attention and prefers a career in the spotlight as a model whereas harry would prefer his partner be more discrete .

Disagree here. Cressida may have always liked the idea of being 'on stage' (remember she was not far out from being an adolescent when Harry took up with her, she was looking to be a dancer) but I don't think that's a negative. I think she has had it in her to be a public person a la a model at the very least. In fact, being a princess would have been a a stifling box for someone like her imo. She's got something she can use quite aside from her connection to Harry. That royal connection may have given her some momentary grease, but I think she was destined to catch someone's eye for bigger things.

I would question if Harry needs/wants a 'discreet' partner in the way you mean. (Look at Chelsy - a pretty larger-than-life personality). Cressida was totally discreet in terms of her public behavior with Harry, very different from Chelsy. So much so I wondered where 'she' (her wishes) existed in the odd pantomime being played out. She seemed to have totally slaved herself to what Harry wanted, and Harry was not 'presenting' her proudly as a man in love generally does. That alone would have had me running in the other direction, if it was suppose to be a romantic liaison, and not just a friend. Harry would never have gotten away with treating Chelsy the way he treated Cressida.

It will remain an oddity, I think. Cressida won't talk, or at least not for decades. In the meantime I speculate that Harry carries a torch for Chelsy. (In fact, Chesly may have crooked her little finger when she saw that Harry was on the verge of marriage.)

Until Chelsy marries, Harry will be always living 'in hope'. Not an enviable place to be, poor guy, poor anyone. :sad:

Last edited:
I think harry and chelsy are over , they broke up in 2009 , it's 2014 now and as much as I like both of them , together it didn't work , there were constant break ups and reunions , it wasn't very stable but I hope he is over her so that we dont see a Charles /Di remake.

I think harry and chelsy are over , they broke up in 2009 , it's 2014 now and as much as I like both of them , together it didn't work , there were constant break ups and reunions , it wasn't very stable but I hope he is over her so that we dont see a Charles /Di remake.

Chelsy may be certain she does not want to be married to Harry, doesn't want to be a princess. That's one thing. Whether Harry is disconnected is quite another. Recent evidence is that they maintain a considerably close friendship. :flowers:

The Harry is on the verge of getting married stories with Cressie seem to be wishful thinking from the press. The press that has to look for Harry for stories since William and Kate are quite boring for juicy stories with their domestic bliss with Cheeks and Lupo.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The Harry is on the verge of getting married stories with Cressie seem to be wishful thinking from the press. The press that has to look for Harry for stories since William and Kate are quite boring for juicy stories with their domestic bliss with Cheeks and Lupo.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I agree all these press articles of harry wanting to marry cressie or get married in general seem to be wishful thinking on their part . Harry doesnt look desperate for marriage and I dont think in his position he should rush into it .
Btw OT but I think a girl like Blake Lively would be brilliant for him , her personality mirrors his own and they would make a gr8 team , someone like her since shes already taken .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom