Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine that Harry will stay in the military as a professional officer. 22 years is the norm (same as Duke of Kent). Admittedly if he does this then there is going to be pressure on the BRF as those available to undertake royal duties diminish.

However, IMO, if this is what he wants to do, then he should be allowed to do it. HMQ has interfered in the past in cutting short military careers (I think she has done this with William (just MO)), and he should be allowed to continue to serve.

Apache helicopters are offensive weapons so it would be expected that Harry would be deployed outside of the UK again such as on a Royal Navy ship where they could be in places such Libya or Somalia.

I imagine that Harry will stay in the military as a professional officer. 22 years is the norm (same as Duke of Kent). Admittedly if he does this then there is going to be pressure on the BRF as those available to undertake royal duties diminish.

However, IMO, if this is what he wants to do, then he should be allowed to do it. HMQ has interfered in the past in cutting short military careers (I think she has done this with William (just MO)), and he should be allowed to continue to serve.

I thought William decided to retire from the military himself? Because he's a new father...

I think it's great that they've been dating for a while but I'm not sure this couple is ready to get married. We've been down this road before. It took the Cambridge's several years to get where they are today. Catherine was given a great amount of time to help her realize the life that comes with being a senior member of the royal family.

If Cressida the one, I think she should be given time to adjust to the royal spotlight before she's thrown into the fishbowl. From the pictures I've seen, Cressida isn't ready yet and I don't think Harry will push her into something she's not ready for. She haven't even attend any of his polo matches yet, yet alone ready to have the worlds eyes on her at her wedding.

Lessons have taught us that royal engagement talk will come and go every year until an actual official announcement comes.

I think it's great that they've been dating for a while but I'm not sure this couple is ready to get married. We've been down this road before. It took the Cambridge's several years to get where they are today. Catherine was given a great amount of time to help her realize the life that comes with being a senior member of the royal family.

If Cressida the one, I think she should be given time to adjust to the royal spotlight before she's thrown into the fishbowl. From the pictures I've seen, Cressida isn't ready yet and I don't think Harry will push her into something she's not ready for. She haven't even attend any of his polo matches yet, yet alone ready to have the worlds eyes on her at her wedding.

Lessons have taught us that royal engagement talk will come and go every year until an actual official announcement comes.

you make some very good points but I think William is far more cautious than Harry. William experienced 1st hand the problems in the Wales marriage because Diana "lent" on him (can't remember direct quote from Diana but words to that effect). Harry is more the word is the deed or in this case, the feeling is the action! He wants a stable home and family life. I'm not sure that Cressida can provide that but who knows?

Last edited:
If Cressida the one, that's great but at least give her some time to adjust to the spotlight first. I know Harry likes to have fun and jump into things but I think he knows that marriage is a very big step and very serious. I don't think he would just leap into a marriage before he's ready and the young lady is ready for such a thing. From what I see, Harry want to keep his relationship very private for the moment.

If Cressida the one, that's great but at least give her some time to adjust to the spotlight first. I know Harry likes to have fun and jump into things but I think he knows that marriage is a very big step and very serious. I don't think he would just leap into a marriage before he's ready and the young lady is ready for such a thing. From what I see, Harry want to keep his relationship very private for the moment.

Thankfully for Harry he has a lot of family and friends around him to Tell him to think long and hard before he jumps into anything or does anything if he plan to propose. And Harry unlike us on here is in a more unique position unique as he is a Royal

I wouldn't be surprise if William has given Harry some good ole brotherly advice. .

Have Harry and Cressida been out or at an event with William and Kate?

LaRae

No. The fact is we know nothing about their relationship apart from a few pix and gossip from so called friends.

Have Harry and Cressida been out or at an event with William and Kate?

LaRae

I don't think we'll see Harry and Cressida do any kind of a public engagement until their engagement is announced (if ever).

Its possible that they've had dinner at Will and Kate's or similar but it would have been totally under the radar and a private affair. Getting together with Harry will be a bit easier now that Will and Kate are in Apt. 1A and Harry moving into Nottingham Cottage. :)

We heard about an eminent engagement with William and Catherine, over and over. This won't be any different.

Yes, but The Queen has to grant her consent and that will not be forthcoming if she feels Harry's choice is not ready for royal llfe. People seem to forget that.

I don't think Harry will be getting married just yet.

He's over 25 so can't he declare his intent to marry her, if he wants, and then wait a year if HM objects?

Personally, I rather like Cressida, though I don't know much about her. Is she the right one for Harry? Maybe. Maybe not. Only time will tell what becomes of their relationship.

He's over 25 so can't he declare his intent to marry her, if he wants, and then wait a year if HM objects?

Personally, I rather like Cressida, though I don't know much about her. Is she the right one for Harry? Maybe. Maybe not. Only time will tell what becomes of their relationship.

This might be totally off the wall but I think perhaps instead of a quick engagement and then a wedding 5 months later, these two will do what a lot of couples do these days. Live with each other for a while before deciding that marriage is for them.

I think its a good way to go.

When Harry told Katie Couric he needs to find someone to "take on the job", I think this says it all. I will not judge the relationship between Harry and Cressida but IMO, I think they are light-years away from marriage.

I agree. I think (hope!) that harry will not rush into marriage, and take his time before taking the proverbial plunge.

IMO, the noise in the Press about an impending engagement / marriage are just the usual drum roll from the Press - no different from what William and Catherine had to contend with in 2007 and 2008.

He's over 25 so can't he declare his intent to marry her, if he wants, and then wait a year if HM objects? Personally, I rather like Cressida, though I don't know much about her. Is she the right one for Harry? Maybe. Maybe not. Only time will tell what becomes of their relationship.

He has the right to do that, but I highly doubt he would do so. He will wait and make sure it's the right decision for everyone.

Well, he is certainly of an age when most of us marry, so it wouldnt be unusual!

This might be totally off the wall but I think perhaps instead of a quick engagement and then a wedding 5 months later, these two will do what a lot of couples do these days. Live with each other for a while before deciding that marriage is for them.

I think its a good way to go.

And it was a way that worked for his Uncle Edward. ;)

And it was a way that worked for his Uncle Edward. ;)

Also William and Kate lived together too. First time at St. Andrew's where they started off as just friends and later on as a couple.

It may not happen this way though. I've no idea what the restrictions are and wonder if it would be possible for Cressida to move in with Harry at Nottingham Cottage in KP. Would they need the Queen's approval on it? I know that girlfriends and boyfriends of the BRF do not ever attend any family functions until their engagements so I imagine there'd be some kind of approval needed for Cressida to actually move into a royal residence (and yes I know some staff lives there too).

Also William and Kate lived together too. First time at St. Andrew's where they started off as just friends and later on as a couple. It may not happen this way though. I've no idea what the restrictions are and wonder if it would be possible for Cressida to move in with Harry at Nottingham Cottage in KP. Would they need the Queen's approval on it? I know that girlfriends and boyfriends of the BRF do not ever attend any family functions until their engagements so I imagine there'd be some kind of approval needed for Cressida to actually move into a royal residence (and yes I know some staff lives there too).

Kate lived with William at Clarence House and had reserved parking. I'm sure if Harry wanted her there, it would be arranged

Kate lived with William at Clarence House and had reserved parking. I'm sure if Harry wanted her there, it would be arranged

Thanks. I knew William and Kate lived together for a while but besides Anglesey I couldn't remember for the life of me where it was. If it was OK for Clarence House, then I wouldn't see any problem with Nottingham Cottage.

I am not sure that Kate lived at CH before she was married. Yes she stayed nights there and had a parking pass where she didn't have to get security checked every time . Before the 2007 breakup, Kate was still at the Chelsea flat where Pippa and James live now and William was in Dorset with the Blues & Royals. He then lived with Harry at Raf Shrewsbury I think when they both were doing pilot training and then to Raf Valley. Kate lived with him there.

Harry and Cressy could live together at a place near his base and avoid the pap coverage that they would get in London.

Also William and Kate lived together too. First time at St. Andrew's where they started off as just friends and later on as a couple.

It may not happen this way though. I've no idea what the restrictions are and wonder if it would be possible for Cressida to move in with Harry at Nottingham Cottage in KP. Would they need the Queen's approval on it? I know that girlfriends and boyfriends of the BRF do not ever attend any family functions until their engagements so I imagine there'd be some kind of approval needed for Cressida to actually move into a royal residence (and yes I know some staff lives there too).

Good point, but Fergie has continued to live with Andrew since their divorce so possibly not.

I am not sure that Kate lived at CH before she was married. Yes she stayed nights there and had a parking pass where she didn't have to get security checked every time . Before the 2007 breakup, Kate was still at the Chelsea flat where Pippa and James live now and William was in Dorset with the Blues & Royals. He then lived with Harry at Raf Shrewsbury I think when they both were doing pilot training and then to Raf Valley. Kate lived with him there.

Harry and Cressy could live together at a place near his base and avoid the pap coverage that they would get in London.

What about her career? there is nothing of any note near Wattisham.

What about her career? there is nothing of any note near Wattisham.

Maybe she could teach dance. If she married Harry, she is going to have give up her career anyways.

We don't know what her plans for a future career are, do we? We don't even know if she plans to have one...

Of course, if she has big plans for a career in dance or acting, London is the ideal place to be. But if she's just happy giving private dance lessons, for example, maybe there are some options near Wattisham. (I know very little about the are, but I'm sure it is not in the desert)

She could also be in London for part of the week and be in Wattisham for the other part.

:previous: That's funny.:lol: Chelsy has better insight into Harry than just about everyone else on the planet.

Now media will start a Cressida versus Chelsy campaign. Very predictable.

And I have to say that, in my opinion, Cressida is a much more beautiful and regal name than Chelsy.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom