Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Cressinda posing on the cover of the October issue of the Tatler?

At least tighten the security settings on your Instagram, Facebook Etc accounts .

Why is Cressinda posing on the cover of the October issue of the Tatler?

She didn't pose. Tatler used one of her old modeling photos.

Harry laughed off the marriage question during yesterday's walkabout.

When another woman in the crowd asked Harry, "When are you getting married?" the 29-year-old, who's dating Cressida Bonas, laughed and quickly changed the subject.

Source: People

I don't think it's unusual that Harry would be thinking about marriage. He'll be 30 soon, so it's not like he's too young. Plus, a lot of his friends have started to settle down and start families. It's only natural for him to start thinking about his future. Now whether Cressida factors into that, only they know.

At least tighten the security settings on your Instagram, Facebook Etc accounts .

Its a little too late..she should of thought of that when she started dating him last year..the pictures that are already out there are out there for good..people might be asked to remove them from blogs,etc...but the reality is there are probably alot of people out there who already saved them and will probably just keep on re-posting them.

Last edited:
I don't think it's unusual that Harry would be thinking about marriage. He'll be 30 soon, so it's not like he's too young. Plus, a lot of his friends have started to settle down and start families. It's only natural for him to start thinking about his future. Now whether Cressida factors into that, only they know.

I totally agree. Only Prince Harry and Cressida knows how strong their relationship is.

And I do think His Royal Highness is in time to settle down and start a family, and I'll not be surprised if they announce a engagement by the end of this year.

I'll like to see them as Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. I'm rooting for it.

I will only say 'Marry in haste, repent at leisure'.

Truly i wish them well, but to marry after so short a time together [and some of that with the Prince abroad on active service] would be sheer folly. IMO far better to wait a few years, and see how things develop ?

Why do her friends always seem to be the people leaking these stories to the newspapers?

Has something really happend in the direction of wedding?
Or is just another "friend to whom Cressida revealed she overcame the fear"..
I guess DM and Telegraph are just recycling the story because Harry was in news yesterday..and there is no other news.. Its interesting they both use the same story, same "friend" and even the same lines..

Really, all it takes is someone to tell the DM that a "friend of C" said they are getting married next year. It doesn't have to be a friend - it can be a friend of a friend making it up or mis-hearing what was said. It can also be someone making it up entirely for some kind of sick joke.
So, take all of it with a grain of salt.

In the olden days, people knew what the "rules" for engagement and marriage were, and the time they've been together would be plenty. Now, everyone makes up their rules as they go along, so it may take a decade to figure out what to do. They have too many options, do they? Too many possible partners to ever settle down? Well, then, it has to be decided on whether they have enough in common. Probably they do, as they've led lives in similar social milieu. If they just made up their minds that it is time to succeed at marriage, they could do it. The comments that she's too young for him are a bit odd, as she is 5 or 6 years younger, not a big gap.

Last edited:
BUT she maybe to young to be a modern royal bride and all that entails.

Why do her friends always seem to be the people leaking these stories to the newspapers?

I think these 'friends' exist only in the journalists' imaginations. I doubt that her real friends are talking to the tabloids. It was only a month or so ago that we were seeing are they or aren't they dating stories. If the tabs keep reporting that they are going to be engaged - one of these years and w/ one of Harry's gfs the tabs will be right.

Last edited:

I don't know...I don't look at age as a factor so much as maturity and when the couple feel they are ready. I don't know her or him so I can say whether they are. Kate and William choose to date a long time and get married, but not everyone does or have to. There are no hard and fast rules, of course.

Like what?

I don't see royal curing diseases or doing anything that requires brain cells. They do UN speeches, but those are pre written and a lot of these 'roles' are basically ambassadorships that aren't at all really substantial, they are mainly representative. They don't stay up all night working on treaties and trade.

Like what?

I don't see royal curing diseases or doing anything that requires brain cells. They do UN speeches, but those are pre written and a lot of these 'roles' are basically ambassadorships that aren't at all really substantial, they are mainly representative. They don't stay up all night working on treaties and trade.

:lol: Thanks for the chuckle. You put it very nicely.

I find the very positive assertions that Harry is too impulsive and needs years to grow up, utterly hilarious!

It's like saying, well, you are old enough to vote, old enough to drink, certainly old enough to join the Army, graduate from Sandhurst, be deployed to Afghanistan, re-branched and trained, (intensely), as both copilot and Gunner in an Apache helicopter and deployed again in Afghanistan, but no, absolutely no way are you old enough get married!

You are far to young and impetuous for that! :lol: :ROFLMAO: :whistling:

I find the very positive assertions that Harry is too impulsive and needs years to grow up, utterly hilarious!

It's like saying, well, you are old enough to vote, old enough to drink, certainly old enough to join the Army, graduate from Sandhurst, be deployed to Afghanistan, re-branched and trained, (intensely), as both copilot and Gunner in an Apache helicopter and deployed again in Afghanistan, but no, absolutely no way are you old enough get married!

You are far to young and impetuous for that! :lol: :ROFLMAO: :whistling:

Well, okay. Everyone who is deployed to Afghanistan certainly has the requisite emotional maturity for marriage... I suppose if they compare their deployment to Afghanistan as participation in a real life XBox 360 game, this makes them doubly ready for marriage.

I think it's time we stop thinking of Harry as a boy; he's nearly thirty, served two tours, he's not some impish infant who needs more nursing (no, burying your face in boobs does not count as nursing) and can't handle real life. He's no longer "Diana's Boy" who is in need of just a couple more years until he's done sowing wild outs.

In life outside the royal set, he's at an age when marriage and stuff like that is expected.

I always thought that Harry like being a bachelor but eventually I do see him getting married within the next couple years whether it Cressida or not. He is a Royal and it is expected of him to marry even so he was in third and is now Fourth in Line and William and Catherine will most likely have more kids.

Being a spare (It important for the spare to marry and ave kids as well) Harry did not have the pressure to get married and produce a Heir like Prince William most likely did and Prince Charles did in the late 1970s and early 80s. We have to remember Charles (who was the Heir) did not marry until 32, Prince Edward married at age 35 and Harry is now 29 which is older then the age William married at. But we don't know what going on in Harry mind or what talks he as had.

I think it kind of funny peoples still think of Harry as 'Diana little Boy' I know he was her youngest but he not a kid anymore as he is nearly 30. Did peoples think of Edward as The Queen 'little Boy' in in the early 90s?

No but that was also because The Queen guarded the privacy of her children much more than Diana did. The Queen didn't tell the press where she was going with the boys for photo ops etc so the public didn't identify with them in the way that they did with William and Harry.

Well, okay. Everyone who is deployed to Afghanistan certainly has the requisite emotional maturity for marriage... I suppose if they compare their deployment to Afghanistan as participation in a real life XBox 360 game, this makes them doubly ready for marriage.

Giraffe logic. I love it! :D

I don't think it Harry that people worry about but Cressinda. Is she ready to give up her personal freedom for the structure of the royal family? Is she ready to get photographed and criticized for everything she does?

The press scrutiny that she has had pales in comparison to what Kate and Chelsy endured. So people are a bit wary. Using WK as an example, William lifestyle didn't really change after his wedding but Kate's did dramatically.

The fact that the media decided to use a "sound bite" about Harry and the rest of the crew playing with such "toys" was obviously just another excuse to relegate him to the "Mummy's little boy" scenario! Worse, that criteria leaves all pilots and aircrew in the military who use computer games emotionally immature and unfit for marriage. Harsh!

I wonder, with your vast experience of modern warfare and the training involved, whether you are aware that weaponry, aircraft, ships, etc. are all hi-tech and that the "X-Box" games you so snidely allude to are commonly used to maintain rapid hand-eye co-ordination.

The days of pilots or gunners flying "with their finger on the trigger" are well gone. They are tapping into incredibly intricate and highly sophisticated instrumentation. They need to be able to recognise what they see and react at a far greater speed than ever before.

However, as with the media, this is obviously irrelevant as you so slightingly use this reference to somehow measure his "requisite emotional maturity" and find him coming up short. I would love to know who your absolutely accurately and well informed source is that enables you to make such denigrating statements. Speaking of which, what evidence do you have that he is not emotionally mature enough to marry.

The man is 29. And, should he choose to marry in the very near future, regardless of the age of his intended, be it Cressida or anyone else, who are you or we to comment on his fitness for marriage. No one can practise being married.

I am sorry. It was 5am in the east coast of US and my iPhone doesn't have weird British names spellcheck.

The fact that the media decided to use a "sound bite" about Harry and the rest of the crew playing with such "toys" was obviously just another excuse to relegate him to the "Mummy's little boy" scenario! Worse, that criteria leaves all pilots and aircrew in the military who use computer games emotionally immature and unfit for marriage. Harsh!

I wonder, with your vast experience of modern warfare and the training involved, whether you are aware that weaponry, aircraft, ships, etc. are all hi-tech and that the "X-Box" games you so snidely allude to are commonly used to maintain rapid hand-eye co-ordination.

The days of pilots or gunners flying "with their finger on the trigger" are well gone. They are tapping into incredibly intricate and highly sophisticated instrumentation. They need to be able to recognise what they see and react at a far greater speed than ever before.

However, as with the media, this is obviously irrelevant as you so slightingly use this reference to somehow measure his "requisite emotional maturity" and find him coming up short. I would love to know who your absolutely accurately and well informed source is that enables you to make such denigrating statements. Speaking of which, what evidence do you have that he is not emotionally mature enough to marry.

The man is 29. And, should he choose to marry in the very near future, regardless of the age of his intended, be it Cressida or anyone else, who are you or we to comment on his fitness for marriage. No one can practise being married.

Well, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see who's right. We'll know one day.

But ACTUALLY, my point was not WHETHER he is or is not emotionally mature enough to marry - it was the logic that because he was deployed to Afghanistan he is.

Last edited:

X-Box (and alike) games and the weapons, aircraft, etc used in the military have many similarities and, of course, being good in those games may mean you'll be good in the military stuff, simply because the games show you have, for example, a good hand-eye coordination. That is all true.
BUT
the problem is what Harry said and, most of all, the way he said it: he compared the war in which he killed people to a game. Like if the war was that simple: take a life to save a life, in his words. Listening to him speaking, it seemed he looked at those afghan people on the ground simply like "targets" that you can eliminate pushing a button. He forgot they weren't toys but people, as bad as those people may be. And if these "light" comparisons may be made when you're with your army pals, you have to be careful chosing what to say when you're speaking to the outside world, specially if there is a probability that those "bad" afghan people will be listening. There is a difference between what you think and what you may say, and between what you say to your friends and what you say in an interview. Distinguish these things and choosing the right words requires a certain maturity, which Harry showed he didn't have.

Of couse, whether this shows he has maturity to get married or not is another thing.

I predicted Prince Albert and Charlene and I have to do the astrology on this one.However I do not like the tradition of looonggg ever lasting relationships followed by longer betrothals....... Willaim and Kate did take a very longtime to get it together. If these rumours are true then bravo and good to both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom