Prince Harry: Official Visit to Nepal - March 20-23, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good that CNN reported Harry's sympathy for earthquake survivors.

Harry was a cute little boy and it's great that he met the ex Gurkha who looked after him when he was six.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great tour well done Harry. He is such a natural caring man it shines through all he does. Bet Granny is pleased

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yes, I'm sure she is! He's performed some varied and interesting activities with grace and good humour.

Videos:
Prince Harry has visited the Kanti Children's Hospital in Kathmandu, where he met young people who are being treated in the hospital's burns unit. Many of the child patients were injured in accidents at camps for families displaced by the 2015 earthquake-
Home - ITNSource News

Prince Harry has thrown his support behind Nepal's fight to end child marriages, telling a summit the cycle of illiteracy, poverty and ill health it leads to must be broken with education. Harry spoke out about the practice, which condemns young girls to a life with few opportunities, as he opened the Nepal Girl Summit with the nation's first woman president, Bidya Devi Bhandari. Later Harry travelled to Bhaktapur, where he visited the Samo Thimi Technical School-

Home - ITNSource News

Prince Harry has met with Gurkha veterans at their headquarters in Pokhara today as part of his visit to Nepal-
Home - ITNSource News

Prince Harry is trekking through the Himalayan foothills and is meeting with Ghurkha families. As part of his five-day tour, Prince Harry also wants to draw attention to the help still needed in Nepal to aid recovery after last year's devastating earthquakes which killed nearly 9,000. At the end of the day he is staying with a family with links to the Gurkhas in their home in a hamlet, and watched a cultural show performed by local people-
Home - ITNSource News

Prince Harry's ginger beard was turned a deeper shade of red when he joined in the playful mayhem of a Hindu festival. The 31-year-old's cheeks and forehead were covered when he took part in a powder paint fight as Nepalese schoolchildren celebrated Holi, the Hindu festival of colour. Marking the arrival of spring, its central ritual sees revellers throw powder paint and coloured water at each other as social conventions are relaxed-
Home - ITNSource News

I did not know Harry was even on a tour, until it was over. Does anyone know why there was such limited coverage.

I did not know Harry was even on a tour, until it was over. Does anyone know why there was such limited coverage.

He was in British newspapers, with photos in papers like the DM, the Telegraph and the Sun. There were news reports on CNN and Sky as well as BBC reports. His photos have been all over the Internet and on all the various Royal forums every day since it began.

So Harry is staying for nearly an extra week to help. Well done, Harry!

Harry should be doing this on a regular basis. He has no job, he isn't married with children. Not a full-time royal. He should stay in Nepal for at least a month

I know ardent supporters know. I follow royals not as ardent as some people and I did not know until yesterday.

That's a great idea he is doing this . Good for him.

Harry should be doing this on a regular basis. He has no job, he isn't married with children. Not a full-time royal. He should stay in Nepal for at least a month

That's true.

In another thread I also argued at the time of the floods in Cumbria, York and Scotland that it wouldn't have hurt Harry, the Cambridges and the York princesses to have donated a day each of their time towards helping with flood relief, and I still think that would have been a magnificent gesture to help their fellow countrymen and women.

It didn't happen, for which I'm sorry, as I think royals should help in that way. That doesn't take away from Harry's warm hearted gesture in helping out for a week in Nepal though, one iota!

One thing though. If Harry stayed in Nepal for another month, he'd be cutting it close for whatever he'll need to do for the Invictus games. They're to begin in Orlando on May 8th. Of course I have absolutely no clue just how involved Harry is in the preparations and such for the games.

I think its great he's decided to stay and help with the rebuilding efforts in Nepal. Its probably something he saw that needed to be done and from there, decided to stay and help out. Not as a PR stunt or a "look at me" gig but because he honestly wants to help.

No way did get there and then decided to a stay a week extra to help out. It would have planned beforehand. People would have been to Nepal to check things before the tour. He would have his RPOs with him would have already been out of country for several days, you don't say sorry guys we are staying for another week spur of the moment.

Very good points that I didn't consider. The more I think about it, you're absolutely right that there is more involved than just up and deciding he's staying in a place for 6 days. :D

Of course it wasn't a last minute decision and would have been planned. It's still good that Harry is helping though. The country needs every bit of help it can get.

Please note that bickering and off-topic posts have been deleted. If members wish to conduct a private conversation as to which royal/royals they prefer or support more please do so elsewhere and do not disrupt the thread.

Harry is staying in Nepal for an extra 6 days to rebuild a school.

Kensington Palace
In his speech Prince Harry also announced he'll be staying in the country for the next week to work on an earthquake relief project.https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/status/712636324805652480

these are wonderful pictures from the Hospital visit.
Harry not only has a warm heart but charisma:flowers:

Its wonderful that he is staying an extra 6 days.
Obviously the Queen did not give him permission to stay a month, or else it would be done. Its the Queen that controls everything :whistling::ROFLMAO:;)

lovely speech on women's rights
'He's very brave': An emotional Prince Harry high fives a little boy who has had six toes amputated as he meets burns victims during a tour of a Kathmandu hospital  | Daily Mail Online

Just because one don't see Harry out and about working does not mean he's not busy working.

This whole trip has been wonderful. Harry lights up when he's with people and people lights up when they are with him.

these are wonderful pictures from the Hospital visit.
Harry not only has a warm heart but charisma:flowers:

Its wonderful that he is staying an extra 6 days.
Obviously the Queen did not give him permission to stay a month, or else it would be done. Its the Queen that controls everything :whistling::ROFLMAO:;)

lovely speech on women's rights
'He's very brave': An emotional Prince Harry high fives a little boy who has had six toes amputated as he meets burns victims during a tour of a Kathmandu hospital* | Daily Mail Online

Good point! If this is what the Queen wants, who are we to question it?

This tour seems to have went amazing. Harry has been received well, and he interacts great with the people. :flowers:

I am happy he is staying an extra week to help rebuild a school. Considering it is only six weeks until the Invictus Games, it is certainly an extremely busy time for him right now. Along with consideration for his RPO (the cost and time demand on them), I would think the games were an obvious deciding factor on how long he could remain in Nepal.

I agree with Osipi, I don't see it as a PR stunt. Harry I think has really felt the loss of his military career and actually doing hands on work. The Games have given him a way to still feel connected to the military, but in some interviews he has said he misses getting his hands dirty. This is a great way for him to do so.

Last edited:
I don't understand why many think this trip is not well reported. I even saw news in WWD website wich is a fashion newspaper.

What a good news to see him help, wonderful to hear things like this.

Yes she is the boss after all.
Good to see that she has said yes to this request to stay an additional week to provide some hands-on help.:)

Just because one don't see Harry out and about working does not mean he's not busy working...

That only applies to Wills and Kate per some people ?

I would think the planning for Orlando is done for the most part by now. Harry would have to be home for Granny's 90th and if the KP press people are staying over too. They have to be home before the India tour.

Prince Harry seems to have a wonderful instinct for people, and especially children. What a great ambassador!

What great news. It's just not photo ops for Harry. Well done

KP will release plenty of pictures. It's good PR

Well, that is not precisely true. HM finds herself dining with all sorts of not so nice people because they are invited to the UK by the Government. The State Banquet is obligatory and she makes sure that the Palace and the BRF shall not be found wanting in service to their country. I am quite sure she has loathed more than a few dinner partners over the years.

The same goes for overseas tours. They are "invited" and the government, by way of the foreign office, decides what is politic to accept. HM, in consultation with the Foreign Office, decides who is best suited to send. Charles and Camilla, Anne, Andrew, or Edward and Sophie. HM now has (limited) access to three more royals, William, Catherine and Harry and, in this case, has managed to get him that little extra that he needs to feel of real use, a week working on a school.

The life and death crisis of the earthquake has long since passed, but the rebuild is still years from being finished. So Harry can do his thing without getting in the way of crisis teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom