Prince Harry Leaving the Army (June 2015): What will he do now?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is also possible is that Harry was not going to get promoted. Highly competitive environment and promotion based on merit. Redundancies expected. Pride is a strong motivator and perhaps he wanted to be making the decision.

I hope he does find his niche, and in this country. But circumstances change - it's not that long ago on this forum people were saying both William and Harry should leave their jobs and go full-time. The aging profile of the "full timing" royals means that the BRF need flexibility.

Maybe that's the thinking behind the change.

I do agree the Army was Harry's cover and without it he will open himself up to criticism if he doesn't buckle down and work.

Travelling around Africa with an expensive security detail in tow won't go over well.

I wasn't born in Harry's position and don't have his experiences, but I know I wouldn't mind carving out a role for myself within the "firm" and helping out my elderly grandparents. Full-time or part-time royal duties are most likely less boring, if you're carving out your role in the way that satisfy you.

Whatever Harry does whether it be a full time public service job, working full time in Africa with Sentebale, devoting his time to wounded warriors, stepping up his royal duties or not, one thing we can be assured of and that is no matter what he does, it will be with the blessing of the Queen.

It's my opinion, but I don't think Harry will go full time royal doing run of the mill openings, dedications and curtain pulls. The issue that poses, is that someone has to do them. Right now, Andrew and the Cambridges are cherry picking all their events. I just don't see the need for another F/T royal doing only what they want.

So, and again it's my opinion, I hope he finds some non-royal full time gig. Away from the press would be great - because you know that no matter what he does, they will carp that he is leveraging his royalty.

The potential for this to go very badly is quite high. Again, JMO.

All the royals have their areas of interests and causes that they support through their engagements and the patronages they take on.

To me, it would be silly if Harry became patron of Royal Ballet if he had no interest in it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Folks, the whole idea is for Harry to continue to find the areas that he's interested in and support those organizations. He's already have a great group of charities he currently supports as royal patron and president.

I think he'll find his niche outside of the military, but the official side of his job isn't really that impressive at the moment. I think he enjoy touring the Commonwealth and other countries and I'd like to see him doing that more.

I think any roles, duties or patronages Harry takes in the future will still be military related. It's his passion and you can tell he loves it, when he talks about it his face lights up. I think the reason he left the military was he couldn't be a normal soldier without the palace interfering. I think we can also start seen him take on more of his grandparents roles and see him traveling more for the Queen.

When Prince Harry leaves the Army in June, he is heading to Africa to work on a conservation project while he considers his “future employment opportunities”.

Considering the Prince’s long-term connections to the continent, and his father’s and brother’s deepening involvement in wildlife protection, we can guess that at least some of his time will be with endangered animals.

South Africa loses one rhino to poachers every eight hours. Africa’s elephants fall to the same fate at a rate of close to 100 a day, or four an hour. Lions face extinction, hunted for their bones. Even giraffes are dying out. Wildlife rangers confronting the poachers are outgunned, out-funded and outwitted. Several die each year. Publicising their plight by joining them on patrol would be a good use of Prince Harry’s time.
More: Africa’s wildlife needs your help, Prince Harry - Telegraph

I think we will see Harry's life stay pretty much as it is now until he marries. A combination of charitable and royal work.

Harry may want to live away from Great Britain for a while. Many of the freelancing media can not afford to move to Africa just to follow Harry around. As long as he stays out of trouble, he might find life quieter.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Harry may want to live away from Great Britain for a while. Many of the freelancing media can not afford to move to Africa just to follow Harry around. As long as he stays out of trouble, he might find life quieter.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Where may Prince Henry live?
Australia or New Zealand? Would either of these be better then if he resided in Canada?
After all, Henry Charles is one well known Prince.

You go where the army sends you.

in his case its certainly not 'he goes where the army sends him' like Serving Joe Average.

From now on Harry makes his own agenda with or without the army, but it has nothing to do with him serving or the army being in charge about his agenda.

Last edited by a moderator:
PR wise he certainly didn't do himself a favor imo.
When Alexander Ulster ended his military career, he started to work for a not-for-profit organisation where he can use his knowledge. Either Harry aims at this or like I already mentioned, looks up to his aunt.

This is not a normal secondment but one aimed specifically for Harry.
e has said that he is pleased that the ADF arranged such a varied range of activities for him - in other words thanked them for his fun filled holiday at Australian expense with neither side gaining anything and Harry having a jolly at our expense. They don't know what to do with Harry now that he is leaving the army so they put this together to fill in a few weeks and then he is on his own with nothing much in mind. Andrew at least did an extra 10 years in the navy before he was encouraged to leave due to the strong probability that he wouldn't get any more promotions and that is what my contacts in the military are saying has happened here as well - Harry was advised, in the normal course of military career planning, that he wasn't going to get promoted any further on merit for some time, if at all, as there were better and younger men and women coming up who were more deserving of promotion. Once promotion became competitive he didn't have the skills necessary for those promotions in comparison to others and would be left behind. He then chose out rather than stay but with no clear purpose in mind. He is only 30 and he is saying no full time royal duties with no other job lined up - so a loose cannon. If they don't want another Andrew and Margaret on their hands they need to get him doing something pretty quickly - a full time job at which he can work for the next 20 plus years seeing as his plan from about a year ago to stay in the army for 30 years ended after only 10.

I wonder what Harry can do post Army? Would his Apache training transfer over to civilian helicopters like William did? Anything commercial would probably be ruled out.

Something like a rehab therapist maybe but that would require specialized training he does have. He isn't going be a City stockbroker.

Charles want to reduce his carbon foot print, I suggest:

Harry can remain in Australia/New Zealand. He can become the royal family representative in Australia/New Zealand/Asia. He can marry a native girl and raise kiwis.:whistling:

Adult, baby Cambridge can move to Canada and become the North/South American British Royal family representative.

The Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, William, Kate and George can remain in the U.K. and travel throughout Europe and Africa.

Rather than have every member of the BRF travel to Australia only Harry will tour Australia/New Zealand/Asia. George will not repeat the C&D and W&K Australia/New Zealand baby tour.

Let me assure you that wouldn't be welcome in Australia. Harry visiting occasionally is fine but having any sort of official position here is a definite NO WAY. Australians will accept an Aussie only now and the foreign royals can visit once every three to four years.

The other thing is that they get the crowds because of the rarity of their visits but if they were always here they would be common place and no one would care.

I am visualizing Harry primarily a private citizen living in Australia or New Zealand and representing the British on behalf of Foreign Office or Monarch throughout Asia/Australia/New Zealand. His 'tours' will still be rare. They will be at the same frequency as current BRF visits to Australia/New Zealand/Asia.

I am visualizing Harry primarily a private citizen living in Australia or New Zealand and representing the British on behalf of Foreign Office or Monarch throughout Asia/Australia/New Zealand. His 'tours' will still be rare. They will be at the same frequency as current BRF visits to Australia/New Zealand/Asia.

This is a joke isn't it ???????

:previous: Indubitably! Timing's a bit off though . . . only missed April Fools Day by 7 days. :ROFLMAO:

They can put Harry in Sydney Zoo, so people can have a look at him whenever they want!!

There would be a queue four miles long around Harry's enclosure, consisting of female spectators between the ages of 15 and 65, especially if he wore his white tropical uniform.

He can go right next to George the Billby ?

It seems that Harry is in a similar situation as Beatrice, undecided between a private life and full time royal duties.

It seems that Harry is in a similar situation as Beatrice, undecided between a private life and full time royal duties.

Not at all; I believe Harry can have full-time royal duties, if he chooses.
The question is whether he wants to.

Beatrice may want to, but she won't be given the choice.

There would be a queue four miles long around Harry's enclosure, consisting of female spectators between the ages of 15 and 65, especially if he wore his white tropical uniform.
:lol::ROFLMAO: Gift shop would have an entire section devoted to him.

What Happens If Prince Harry Goes Private?

I have always been intrigued with this question. What would happen if say Prince Harry or one of the other members of the Royal Family simply decided, no more royal duties for me? Specifically Prince Harry for example, he is quite wealthy in his own right, inheriting from his mother millions of Pound Sterling, he would never have to work a day in his life if he chose not to, he certainly doesn't need any money from the Royal family to be just fine at this point.

What would the repercussions and consequences be if he just quit doing royal duties and attending royal functions? What would be the worst that could happen to him? He is not going to be King, obviously, so no "King Edward VIII" abdication and exile. Lose his HRH?

If he felt that strongly about it I don't think The Queen or Charles (if he's King at the time) would strip him of his titles, assuming he'd even want to keep them. I think they would allow him to live privately if he wanted to. It seems evident to me over the years Charles (for all his faults) has always loved the boys and been focused on their happiness.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom