Prince Harry: Future Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Logically thinking Harry s wedding would be at a smaller venue .

But there's also the other fact that Harry's a very popular member of the royal family today and people would want to celebrate his wedding . So should wait and watch how it will go .
But I wish there is a Buckingham Balcony appearance after the wedding !

I don't if it would be at a smaller venue or just a smaller scale. Smaller scale definitely, but that doesn't mean it can't take place the Abbey. We do also have to remember that this is likely the last televised royal wedding until George. So for those that really love royal weddings, this would it.

We do also have to remember that this is likely the last televised royal wedding until George. So for those that really love royal weddings, this would it.

That's actually why I don't want it to be at the Abby. I really enjoy royal weddings and the gorgeous churches of various sizes where they can take place. I thought it was a real treat to see St. George's at Windsor used in that way, it was awesome to see Charles and Diana use St. Paul's in that fashion, we've had that spectacular view of a full Abby several times over now, and this is the last chance for a while to possibly see St. James' chapel at its best with all the finery and pageantry of a royal wedding.

That's actually why I don't want it to be at the Abby. I really enjoy royal weddings and the gorgeous churches of various sizes where they can take place. I thought it was a real treat to see St. George's at Windsor used in that way, it was awesome to see Charles and Diana use St. Paul's in that fashion, we've had that spectacular view of a full Abby several times over now, and this is the last chance for a while to possibly see St. James' chapel at its best with all the finery and pageantry of a royal wedding.

Do we know what the capacity limit for Chapel Royal is?

Since he is ever further from the Throne,and has no prospect of ever becoming King, it is logical that the Prince should marry with less pomp than his brother [who will one day be King].There will be no official ministerial or Government attendance, no Heads of State, nor Ambassadorial guests.
I think St George's Chapel, Windsor is a likely, and suitable venue..Televised yes, but Public holiday, no...

Well, Will & Kate weren't interested in inviting heads of state whom they weren't familiar with. Reportedly, the Queen told them to tear up the 'guest list' provided by the government/royal courtiers and write up their own list with the people they preferred to invite to their wedding. Once again, they did not invite too many heads of state they didn't know. Even the Obamas were left off. Although, the Queen made it up to President Obama and Michelle Obama in May 2011 by inviting them to a state dinner. Sometime later, Barack and Michelle met William and Kate, and they are friends now. Of course, Harry is even more friendly with the Obamas, who are sure to be invited to his wedding.

We'll have to wait and see how the details will be handled. And of course, it's the engagement that we're waiting to hear announced first.

Last edited:
A Civil Wedding is required in U.K. As for a church wedding in COE ,not sure. They can marry in Scotland like Princess Anne did when she remarried. . Also, Meghan's first marriage was NOT a Christian union. They had a secular wedding with elements of some Jewish traditions. Former husband ethnically Jewish ,but not known as religious,which is typical of Hollywood movers and shakers. I think she would want a Christian wedding this time.

I'm guessing Harry's wedding will be even more personal than Williams was..in the sense there will be less 'have to' invites going out.

I am thinking he will marry in the same place as William though.

LaRae

Did Will and Kate have a civil wedding?
I don't get it-Harry will have to have two weddings-civil and the church wedding?

I would not be surprised if Prince Harry prefers a private wedding. A destination wedding,Scotland Highlands, would be fun fun fun.

I think it would be cool to see him do that...but I don't think it likely at all for them to marry in another country.

No Harry will not have to have 2 weddings. Kate and William married in the CoE, no civil wedding. Harry will do the same.

LaRae

I'd say it is either or: so either a civil wedding or a church wedding (which also includes the civil component of signing the marriage certificate). The last option FAR more likely than the first. Meghan's first wedding being only civil IMO is irrelevant; that marriage is recognized both by the state and the church as a marriage (and therefore her current status as divorced).

Highly unlikely the will marry in a civil ceremony. I fully expect them to marry in the CoE. The CoE has changed the rules about divorced persons marrying in the Church after Charles and Camilla married. So there shouldn't be any reason for them to marry civilly.

LaRae

Highly unlikely the will marry in a civil ceremony. I fully expect them to marry in the CoE. The CoE has changed the rules about divorced persons marrying in the Church after Charles and Camilla married. So there shouldn't be any reason for them to marry civilly.

LaRae

The rule actually changed prior to Charles and Camilla's wedding. It left the final decision up to the individual clergy. However, there was a specific question about if the relationship contributed to the failing of the prior marriage(s), which obviously Camilla and Charles' relationship did as it began before both of their divorces. There is also the situation where he will one day be head of CoE, which does put him under more scrutiny than others.

But yes, I agree it's highly unlikely this couple wouldn't be granted a church wedding if they decide to marry. For one, Meghan didn't marry in the Church in the first place. Then there is the fact that it was a relatively short marriage without children, so it's less complicated than most divorces. If Meghan can't be granted a remarriage in the Church, I can't imagine most other people would be.

Last edited:
I would not be surprised if Prince Harry prefers a private wedding. A destination wedding,Scotland Highlands, would be fun fun fun.

Meghan has already done the 'destination wedding.' Plus, she and Harry attended the Inskips' 3-day wedding in Jamaica. They can also choose to go on any fabulous destination honeymoon trip they desire. They've already been to Norway, Jamaica, L.A., Scotland, Berkshire for Pippa's wedding, the Cotswolds region of Britain, Botswana and Victoria Falls in Africa, and obviously Toronto -- holed up in Meghan's lovely digs on a number of occasions, and now in a luxurious hotel suite for the duration of the Invictus Games. They don't need to go away for their wedding. If Harry were not a member of the royal family, their wedding options would be unlimited. With his royal status and his high-profile closeness to the throne, Harry will likely be following in his brother's footsteps with an Abbey wedding.

Last edited:
I don't think it will be a private wedding. I think it will have pomp and circumstance. I hope it does!

The rule actually changed prior to Charles and Camilla's wedding. It left the final decision up to the individual clergy. However, there was a specific question about if the relationship contributed to the failing of the prior marriage(s), which obviously Camilla and Charles' relationship did as it began before both of their divorces. There is also the situation where he will one day be head of CoE, which does put him under more scrutiny than others.

But yes, I agree it's highly unlikely this couple wouldn't be granted a church wedding if they decide to marry. For one, Meghan didn't marry in the Church in the first place. Then there is the fact that it was a relatively short marriage without children, so it's less complicated than most divorces. If Meghan can't be granted a remarriage in the Church, I can't imagine most other people would be.

Ah hmm I could of swore I read it changed after...thanks!

LaRae

Will Meghan attend Church of England services etc when she's married to Harry. ?? Christmas etc

The rule changed in 2002.

It is now down to the individual minister to decide if he/she will marry them and the only reason not to do so is if the minister believes that the new spouse played a part in the break-down of the former marriage.

I know a number of ministers who would have married Charles and Camilla believing that Camilla played no part in the breakdown of the marriage - based on Charles' own words - that the marriage had 'irretrievably broken down both of us having tried' before he returned to Camilla. Their interpretation of the rule is that it isn't having an affair during a marriage but what was the state of the marriage at the time of the start of the affair/s and based on Diana's own timeline of starting with Hewitt in 1986 and identifying 1986 as the year the Charles returned to Camilla they have said that is enough evidence that the marriage was over in reality when Charles returned to Camilla and so Camilla played no part in the breakdown of Charles and Diana's marriage. That means they would have married Charles and Camilla in a full CoE service.

This is NOT meant to be a starter for a discussion of the CDC triangle but simply the reasoning put to me by a number of CoE ministers (my own in 2005, his replacement after he died in 2009, my three school chaplains since 2005 and a family friend who is now a retired bishop) as to why they would have married Charles and Camilla in 2005 and not insisted on them having a Civil Marriage followed by a blessing.

Earlier in this thread a poster said that Harry and Meghan will have to have a Civil Marriage - that is not the case in the UK. It is the case throughout much of the continent largely due to Napoleon who made Civil Marriages the rule in the territories he ruled and they kept that ruling even after he was defeated. That is why many of the Europeans have both a Civil and a Church wedding - but not in the UK.

Last edited:
Sorry I'm thinking along the line she's not Church of England and if she doesn't change what then. I remember something about Kate having a commitment service before she married

She can attend services even if she isn't a church member. I've often attended services with family or friends at other denominations.

She can attend services even if she isn't a church member. I've often attended services with family or friends at other denominations.

I know she can but if she is a member of the royal family I'm wondering how that would be excepted

I think Maghan will be confirmed into the Church of England during her engagement, as Kate was.

That is a very interesting suggestion. Wonder if he will. And also, the bride usually has the wedding in her hometown.
Los Angeles? ;) That would be the modernizing beyond modernizing!

I'm not too sure she will wouldn't she have to be baptized etc first or has she already done that ? I'm just thinking along the lines of my church a few sacraments along the way

Meghan would have to be instructed on the Anglican Church, then baptised and confirmed I would imagine. I can remember my confirmation but my christening was too far back to remember!

Well that's what I think too. But not sure it's going to happen does she believe in God ? It's interesting times ahead it's not as simple as fall in love like it is for most people.

As discussed in one of the other topics, Meghan might have been baptized in the Episcopalian church (aparently her father's family is Episcopalian). If she also was confirmed she will be welcomed into the Church of England without any additional ceremony as both are part of the Anglican Community.

Okay, the bookies should be taking bets I suppose as to where the venue for H&M's wedding will be: St. George's Chapel, or Westminster Abbey with BP appearance after? I'm betting WA & a BP appearance. :heartflower:

A Meghan/Harry wedding will definitely not take place in L.A., but they will probably visit there often since it's Meghan's hometown. ?

Last edited:
That is a very interesting suggestion. Wonder if he will. And also, the bride usually has the wedding in her hometown.
Los Angeles? ;) That would be the modernizing beyond modernizing!

I think we can pretty much rule out a destination wedding or Los Angeles for the reason being that when picking the venue for their wedding, they are going to want to have it somewhere where it isn't a chore for Harry's grandmother and grandfather to attend.

Scotland may be possible. If they decide on Scotland, I would be my last cream puff that it'd be while the Queen is in residence there to make it easier on her to attend.

I just don't see Harry having a wedding without his grandparents there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom