Prince Harry and the Likelihood of Serving in Iraq

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all sincere and due respect, SAS were in Nam; most freaked out.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, Without wishing to start a US/UK debate - in your dreams. I personally know 2 members of the UK forces (who were out there to observe and advise) and they seem to think there was a slight problem with US troops acccepting that the UK SAS were and are the best in the world. :lol:
This kid could be a king one day.
Only if his grandmother, father and brother all die!

Let's agree to disagree. For the record, DELTA retrained SAS. Ask your friends.

Dave

Let's agree to disagree. For the record, DELTA retrained SAS. Ask your friends. Dave
Having asked them for details yesterday and today, (one stood right next to me) I had to endure many tales about the 'differences' in what you remember and what they do. Suffice to say when I told them that the Americans retrained the SAS, they collapsed with laughter, before the unrepeatable comments started.:pigsfly: :blush:

It is best as you say, to agree to disagree, especial;ly as this thread is about Harry going to Iraq.

Times have changed but I am sure Harry will survive going to war (as many UK troops do) without damage to his spiritual wellbeing or the need to seek psychiatric help.

SAID IN HUMOR: Now I know why we're giving each other such a hard time! I was ARMY, and you and your friends are MARINES! GRIN!

But I would really prefer that he not go to war, but that he beat up your laughing friends! GRIN!

Dave

And I'd prefer that nobody beats anybody up and this thread gets back on topic, if you would be so kind.

Before we send Harry to Iraq it is important that we understand the exact nature of this conflict. This is not a war; The US is involved as an interim in this clash between theologies, politics and cultures, as well as those deemed terrorists. Contrary to most belief, The US has very FEW ARMY, FEW NAVY, FEW MARINES, FEW USAF in Iraq -- merely reservists, The National Guardsmen who, unlike ARMY, are unprepared for this act of intervention, and as each enters, he is overworked for several years at a time with no rotation of troops in general. Because Harry is technically of political, theological and cultural importance, would he not serve his country best in such a capacity, rather than as a soldier?

Dave

The thing is, that professional, full time UK army and RAF personel are deployed in Iraq, as well as our own reserve, the territorials.

The country has spent a good deal of money training Harry and his brother as full time professional soldiers, it is Harry's chosen career path and if he wants to go, as long as it is kept from the media (I believe that is possible), he should be allowed to go.

He was always led to believe that he would not be stopped from seeing active service, William knew from the start it would be unlikely that he would be allowed to serve.

I have to wonder if his non deployment has not added to the recruitment problems we are now seeing. I know it raised many questions on the army and RAF forums as to why they were expected to go but 'a rich kid' was not, how could his life be seen as more worthwhile than theirs.

Love your humour dw2108, but I have to point out SAS are army! :D

Last edited:
Only if his grandmother, father and brother all die!

It's happened before, within the past two centuries, George V and George VI being the most recent examples. Or consider the fiasco of George III's sons. :eek: (That's why I get so ticked off about stories about Harry's royal education being neglected -- the RF and their advisers ought to look at the statistical likelihood of such an event!) And a more recent example of "the heir and the spare," Prince William and Prince Richard (now the Duke) of Gloucester.:flowers:

It's happened before, within the past two centuries, George V and George VI being the most recent examples. Or consider the fiasco of George III's sons. :eek: (That's why I get so ticked off about stories about Harry's royal education being neglected -- the RF and their advisers ought to look at the statistical likelihood of such an event!) And a more recent example of "the heir and the spare," Prince William and Prince Richard (now the Duke) of Gloucester.:flowers:
You are of course right, but don't forget even Princess Margaret was never given an education that would help her if HM and her family were wiped out. They rarely concede that anything like that could possibly happen! :rolleyes:

You are of course right, but don't forget even Princess Margaret was never given an education that would help her if HM and her family were wiped out. They rarely concede that anything like that could possibly happen! :rolleyes:

That is true skydragon and I heard Princess Margaret had a brilliant mind which would have benefitted from a rigorous education and that is kind of sad.

That is true skydragon and I heard Princess Margaret had a brilliant mind which would have benefitted from a rigorous education and that is kind of sad.
My father always said, she had a razor sharp mind and it's a great pity she was stopped from using it. He saw that as the reason she turned into a good time girl. Everything she wanted to do was discouraged, so she fell back onto the one thing she had been left with and was sure of, her royal status.

Rather like Harry when you think about it. :flowers:

Skydragon, I'm beginning to see your point in Harry's going to Iraq. Hope you got my PM.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom