Names and Godparents for Harry and Meghan's second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or just Meghan. I dont know of any other royal Meghans.

It is just easy for me to say Duchess Meghan - I am not writing some super-official document, it's just a chat.
:flowers:

Exactly! This isn't an official government notice. :)

These last posts in this thread had me thinking...what if they call their daughter "Duchess"
(like Michael Jackson's kid called "Prince")

:lol:

I bet that this baby will be born on 1st of july and because will be on this day will be named Diana!!! ? What else.... :whistling:

On 99% Philippa will be included in names.

Diana Phillipa Elizabeth
Or
Diana Elizabeth Phillipa!!

It would be very lovely if she got Philippa as a middle name. I've had it on my list for Baby Sussex since the pregnancy was announced just because it would be neat since she was born in the year of Philip's 100th birthday, but I suppose now it's even likelier.

It would also be special because not only would it make her the third out of 3 great-grandchildren this year to bear Philip's name, it would also make her the first girl to be named after him.

what about Alice in honor of Philip's mother?

Philippa for the little girl's first name would be lovely.

Philippa for the little girl's first name would be lovely.

I honestly don't believe this would happen in a million years. Philippa is Pippa Middleton's given name and I honestly don't believe they would choose that because there's clearly deep animosity between Meghan and Kate and I remember quite a lot of press about the fact that the Middleton's were afraid Meghan's presence would detract from the bride at Pippa's wedding and so the compromise was made for her only to attend the reception. While I can appreciate the sentiment and why so many believe that Philippa should be included in her name, I just honestly can't see it happening.

There's always the name Philomena and they can call her Mena for short. ?

It would be very lovely if she got Philippa as a middle name. I've had it on my list for Baby Sussex since the pregnancy was announced just because it would be neat since she was born in the year of Philip's 100th birthday, but I suppose now it's even likelier.

It would also be special because not only would it make her the third out of 3 great-grandchildren this year to bear Philip's name, it would also make her the first girl to be named after him.

I personally think that it's a lovely name, but I honestly very highly doubt it will happen. Philippa is Pippa Middleton's full name, and while it doesn't seem like the couple have ever been particularly close with her, it's probably not an association that they want to be making given the animosity they currently seem to be feeling towards her sister (additionally, given how close Kate and Pippa are I can't imagine they're Pippa's favorite people right now, either). If there wasn't that barrier I do think that it would be a fine way to honor him, and Archie and Pippa is a really cute sibling set of names.

:previous: What animosity towards Catherine? :ermm:

Besides, it's pretty clear that Philippa would be a tribute to Philip and have nothing to do with Pippa.

I think Alice and Diana will be part of the names, or Alicia.

:previous: What animosity towards Catherine? :ermm:

Besides, it's pretty clear that Philippa would be a tribute to Philip and have nothing to do with Pippa.

Pippa, Philippa Matthews is not at all related to Prince Philip. Her sister Catherine is his granddaughter-in-law. The name Philippa would honor Prince Philip, not Mrs. Matthews.

It is sad that the girl will not meet her remarkable great grandfather.
I've mingled family girls' names with some alluding to Philip including other 'horse lover' meaning names:

Eliana Philippa
Eldoria Frances
Ellice Diana
Aliza Filippa
Eloyce Philana
Ellie Rose
Riana Harriet
Elyce Rosalind

One of the tabloids suggested “Lily” may be a strong contender for the new baby, in honor of ‘Lilibet.’ I quite like it. :royalrobes:

Pippa, Philippa Matthews is not at all related to Prince Philip. Her sister Catherine is his granddaughter-in-law. The name Philippa would honor Prince Philip, not Mrs. Matthews.

But I think most people who hear the name would instantly associate it with
Philippa Middleton Mathews instead of Prince Philip.

One of the tabloids suggested “Lily” may be a strong contender for the new baby, in honor of ‘Lilibet.’ I quite like it. :royalrobes:

Oh Yes! Lily Florence (aka Lilyflo) is sweet for a granddaughter - take my word. :lol:

While I personally think Lily is a beautiful name, I don't think it'll be the name used. I honestly don't believe they'll choose a name "in honor" of anyone other than potentially one or both of their mothers. I expect they'll follow the format they used for Archie's name and choose something that they simply like followed by a middle name that might have a connection either to Meghan or to one of their own mothers. Potentially a combination of the two like the much talked about Doriana for the middle name with a first name that they've simply chosen based on something they like. I don't particularly expect something old-fashioned or anything with ties to the BRF. Nor do I expect something newly trendy. If Zara's daughter weren't named Mia that probably would have been one of my top suggestions. As it stands, I can easily see something along the lines of Maya, Olivia, Amelia, Ava, or even Lark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom