Names and Godparents for Harry and Meghan's second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they will go with something like Ava, Stella or Lily.
Another name that is popular but not too much
Forse the middle name I expect them to use Diana (even though I don't exclude it for a first name) or they may use Doriana.
I expect the baby will be baptized and she will have very American godparents.

After seeing new Archewell logo, I’m thinking it’ll be “Wallis.”

Or at least, another “W” name.
While I don't think it's gonna be Wallis, a name that starts with "W" would not surprise me.

I found some lists of girls name that start with W (if Harry & Meghan decided to go down this route).
https://www.thebump.com/b/baby-girl-names-that-start-with-w
https://www.whattoexpect.com/baby-names/list/baby-girl-names-that-start-with-w/
https://www.babynamewizard.com/baby-name/girl/w

For names that also has "l"s like Archewell or just trendy:
Willa
Wilma or Willma or Wylma
Willow
Wilfreda
Wilda or Welda or Wellda
Willene or Willeen
Wylla
Wellesley or Welsley
Wells or Welles​

These are very wild predictions and are just fraction of guesses :cool:

Last edited:
I found some lists of girls name that start with W (if Harry & Meghan decided to go down this route).

Willa
Wilma or Willma or Wylma
Willow
Wilfreda
Wilda or Welda
Willene or Willeen
Wylla
Wellesley or Welsley
Wells or Welles​

I can't see them going with any of these. Too close to "William" and "Wills" for their liking, for sure.

If Prince Harry and Meghan name their daughter Wellesley, would the press declare that she was named after Charles Wellesley, Duke of Wellington?

I'm thinking they might do the alphabet and go with Archie and a girl's name starting with Z.

If Prince Harry and Meghan name their daughter Wellesley, would the press declare that she was named after Charles Wellesley, Duke of Wellington?

why woudl they give her a name like that????

why woudl they give her a name like that????

Because that's one of my very wild predictions derived from Archewell, judging by the logo with "A" and "W" (and suggested by Kaye1850 in previous post) :lol: ?

I get that the name is very traditional and strong links to the Duke of Wellington and Wellesley family (Wellesley is the surname of Duke of Wellington). The likelihood of Harry and Meghan of choosing this old-fashion name is very little close to zero.

I know it's very out of the box and the chances of Harry & Meghan of naming their daughter after the second syllable of Archwell (i.e. "Well") are probably very little. Perhaps any names starting with "W" would more likely happen ;)

Thank you Kaye1850 for the suggestion :flowers:

Last edited:

Willa
Wilma or Willma or Wylma
Willow
Wilfreda
Wilda or Welda or Wellda
Willene or Willeen
Wylla
Wellesley or Welsley
Wells or Welles​

Or Wanda :D

Because that's one of my very wild predictions derived from Archewell, judging by the logo with "A" and "W" (and suggested by Kaye1850 in previous post) :lol: ?

I get that the name is very traditional and strong links to the Duke of Wellington and Wellesley family (Wellesley is the surname of Duke of Wellington). The likelihood of Harry and Meghan of choosing this old-fashion name is very little close to zero.

I know it's very out of the box and the chances of Harry & Meghan of naming their daughter after the second syllable of Archwell (i.e. "Well") are probably very little. Perhaps any names starting with "W" would more likely happen ;)

Thank you Kaye1850 for the suggestion :flowers:

Honestly, while the are now "Americanized" I don't see them giving a male type name to a girl just yet. I know that in the US girls have been using what I consider male type surname names like Taylor and Madison and Cameron for some time now but Wellesley? It is a name with a lot of UK history and I doubt Harry would want it..
Im wondering if they will call her Elizabeth for a second name.. as has happened wiht many of the queens grand and great grand kisds Isla Elizabeth PHilipps, Lena Eliz Tindall, Charlotte Eliz Diana Cambridge Zara Anne Eliz Phillips and so on.

After the Sussexes went nuclear with their interview and included Catherine in their "truth" which, btw, didn't make Catherine look very good, I think the chances of Catherine accepting the honor of being a godmother to the expected new daughter is about as good as a snowball's chance in Hell. ;)
I completely agree. There is not a chance in h**l, that she would be asked and even smaller chance that she would say yes. I would go so far to say that I do not see any of the royals being asked. Maybe Harry's relatives on his mother's side of the family.

I completely agree. There is not a chance in h**l, that she would be asked and even smaller chance that she would say yes. I would go so far to say that I do not see any of the royals being asked. Maybe Harry's relatives on his mother's side of the family.

I t hink that if the child' is christened, there will be american godparents. I think that some of the Spencers may be godparents to Archie

When I see Wellesley, I think of the outstanding woman's college. But, I also attended a woman's college, so, yeah.

Wellesley was the only one on that list that I could possibly see as an option. The rest? Meg.

If we're predicting a "Z" name... Zoe is very on-trend these days.

I like 'Millicent (Millie)' and 'Diantha,' or 'Dianella,' which I mentioned previously. Dianella is the name of an Australian flower. If the latter name is chosen, she could be called 'Nella' or 'Ella' for short.

While I don't think it's gonna be Wallis, a name that starts with "W" would not surprise me.

She was born Bessie Wallis Warfield. Bessie was her given name but it is also a nickname for Elizabeth.

I like 'Millicent (Millie)' and 'Diantha,' or 'Dianella,' which I mentioned previously. Dianella is the name of an Australian flower. If the latter name is chosen, she could be called 'Nella' or 'Ella' for short.

MaiaMia, I am glad that we each have expressed Millie and Diantha.

A sly and sneaky way for the Sussexes to name their daughter after Granny Diana would be to name her Devana. Girl's names that mean The Huntress as Diana signifies is quite a list.

Devana is the name of the Slavic Goddess of the hunt and is mostly equalized with Roman Goddess Diana. Meaning is brave and Maiden and is a mythical hunter name.

With this child, the possibilities are endless and my crystal ball refuses to give up a name.

https://parenting.firstcry.com/articles/50-baby-names-for-boys-and-girls-that-mean-hunter/

I still don't think they can name her Diana since William gave it as a middle name to his daughter.

I think they're allowed to reuse names in the same generation. Edward is one of Andrew's middle names, but that didn't stop the Queen from using it as a first name for his younger brother. And this baby will be Charlotte's cousin, not her sibling.

I still don't think they can name her Diana since William gave it as a middle name to his daughter.

Why can't she have her grandmother's name? It is common to have the grandparent's name, whether it is already used by someone else or not.

Both Zara, Beatrice and Louise got their grandmother's name as their middle name, both William and James got their grandfather's name as their middle name, both Charles and David got their grandfather's name as their middle name, both Anne and Sarah got their grandmother's name as their middle name.

If they choose to not pick a name that had been used that is one thing, but why they can't? :ermm:

Last edited:
I think they're allowed to reuse names in the same generation. Edward is one of Andrew's middle names, but that didn't stop the Queen from using it as a first name for his younger brother. And this baby will be Charlotte's cousin, not her sibling.

Louis is George's middle name.

More guesses for the sister of Archie Harrison:

Llewella Maisie
Ellinor Frances
Ellen Diana

Born 23rd May and with red ringlets like QEI.
Two family cousins and two friends as godparents.
I think Christened in UK.

Except if born 10th June - Prince Philips' birthday:

Hellen Philippa
Alice Diana

More guesses for the sister of Archie Harrison:

Llewella Maisie
Ellinor Frances
Ellen Diana

Born 23rd May and with red ringlets like QEI.
Two family cousins and two friends as godparents.
I think Christened in UK.

Except if born 10th June - Prince Philips' birthday:

Hellen Philippa
Alice Diana
Do you really think that the child's going to be chirstened in teh UK or have royal relatives as godparents?

Harry and Meghan can give their daughter the middle name Diana as well. Earl Spencer named his youngest child Charlotte Diana and her cousin is Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. So it is perfectly fine. And he has a Louis as his eldest son who is cousin to Prince Louis.

There's no problem with reusing names. Queen Victoria wanted every single one of her descendants to have either Victoria or Albert as one of their names!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom